IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 279.
#1051 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

So you left it or removed it?

Removed it. Trying to "play better!"

#1052 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Would a smaller thickness of rubber than what they provide be a good sweet spot?

post rubber I think only comes in one thickness (unless you're going to mcmaster for a non-pinball rubber o-ring). Also if it's that tight, you're going to have some odd drains even if it does clear.

#1053 4 years ago

Does the game ship with the rubber for the post? I dont recall seeing that. I just recall seeing the post and the washer, no rubber.

#1054 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Does the game ship with the rubber for the post? I dont recall seeing that. I just recall seeing the post and the washer, no rubber.

It did in mine, but it was a larger rubber than on the inlane posts which makes the ball stick. If it was the same as inlane I'm pretty sure itd clear.

#1055 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Removed it. Trying to "play better!"

Ha ha Steve Ritchie

#1056 4 years ago

I just removed the post rubber between the two side by side in lanes... works great!

#1057 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Wondering why GAP is selling the SE for $500 above retail? Or am I reading this wrong...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82162

He has it listed at standard price 7500. Maybe a copy paste error on his add but nothing to call him out on. Mike is a stand up guy and dealer and takes care of his buyers and pinball community. Just the facts.

#1058 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

He has it listed at standard price 7500. Maybe a copy paste error on his add but nothing to call him out on. Mike is a stand up guy and dealer and takes care of his buyers and pinball community. Just the facts.

He listed it originally at 8k but everyone makes mistakes and updated it.

What's not a mistake are the mark ups on his games. That's just a fact. Prices are very high. But hey if he gets them great. I just don't know who or why people do.

#1059 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What's not a mistake are the mark ups on his games. That's just a fact. Prices are very high.

Fair enough and understood. Just hard to knock a guy that does do all he can for our interest and holds Many free open house parties so we can free play some of the great games (new) from a real brick and mortar store. Cool to see in this time of Amazon. Mike really is a great guy but yes he at times has to cover a huge overhead to keep a storefront open in these times. I respect that.

#1060 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Fair enough and understood. Just hard to knock a guy that does do all he can for our interest and holds Many free open house parties so we can free play some of the great games (new) from a real brick and mortar store. Cool to see in this time of Amazon. Mike really is a great guy but yes he at times has to cover a huge overhead to keep a storefront open in these times. I respect that.

Totally get that and no comment from me on Mike.... He sounds like a great guy.

Just commenting on those prices.

#1061 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What's not a mistake are the mark ups on his games. That's just a fact. Prices are very high. But hey if he gets them great. I just don't know who or why people do.

You didn't consider the possibility of $500 in taxes? Most parts of the country the taxes on a $7500 purchase would be at least that.

Plus the listing price says $7500 but the description says 8000. Probably an error or just giving people a realistic estimate of what it would be with taxes. Hardly a "gouge".

#1062 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

so got my new ball trough today. Both because of my trough gap and because of an opto (have to send old one back)... UPS apparently hates pinball because they kicked the crap out of the box.
[quoted image]
Fortunately whoever packed it used some good bubble wrap, everything looks intact. Before installing it wanted to take a measurement so I put a battery along the top so I had a surface to measure. It looks like I'm at 26.3mm which means I probably won't have the stuck ball issue anymore either. If I had to guess, the part was probably modeled at 26.5mm nominal with a plus or minus .5mm. This likely means some people will have zero issues, some will have issues only sometimes (if ball wedges itself), and a select few may have a gap big enough so the balls may drain right into the cabinet. I still don't get why this was increased 2.5mm from the original williams trough design? Make it your own fine, but make sure your tolerance stackup works.
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting these pics and explanation. I am firmly in the latter group. You could pass a small child out of the back of my ball trough (or several pinball sized objects in the middle of a game).

#1063 4 years ago

Can you install a outside volume control on a SE,if if you can where to purchase

#1064 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

You didn't consider the possibility of $500 in taxes? Most parts of the country the taxes on a $7500 purchase would be at least that.
Plus the listing price says $7500 but the description says 8000. Probably an error or just giving people a realistic estimate of what it would be with taxes. Hardly a "gouge".

You are lucky over there in regards to tax and pricing.
Here in sweden a new standard wonka+tax costs 10400$
A new LE comes in just under 13K$

#1065 4 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

It did in mine, but it was a larger rubber than on the inlane posts which makes the ball stick. If it was the same as inlane I'm pretty sure itd clear.

I took the rubber from the inlanes and put it on the new left outlane post in the lower position. Works great and cut drains probably by a third. At least makes them saveable.

#1066 4 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

I stole the rubber from the right outlane and put it on the post in the bottom hole. Replaced the right outlane rubber with the one that came with the game. The ball will fit through now. Last night I moved the post to the upper hole and the ball gets stuck again. Looks like its back to the lower hole tonight. It does make the game a lot more enjoyable to play.

#1067 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Can you install a outside volume control on a SE,if if you can where to purchase

I did an install on a PotC SE. You will have to call your distributor and they will order the parts for you. simple install. front play, 10 pin wiring from the plate to the motherboard.

#1068 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Wondering why GAP is selling the SE for $500 above retail? Or am I reading this wrong...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82162

Price is $7500. It states it in the price. The ad was copied from another ad. We will correct the description.

#1069 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=pj5occ81e0sedhmho2pcj6jt40

#1071 4 years ago

Hi All,

If you edit the CE list to remove the LE features, then below is just added features on the CE. While I'd love to join the fancy-dancy club of LE owners, I think 3k is just too much. Perhaps a 2k jump like the difference going from SE to LE would have 'felt' more appropriate.

• Candy Red cabinet armor, legs, and wireforms -> LE is BLUE so this is preference not really an added feature.
• Exclusive playfield artwork with sparkle
• Exclusive cabinet artwork and mirrored backglass
• Exclusive apron artwork
• 3D Wonkatania™ lit topper
• Everlasting Gobstopper™ shooter knob
• Red Most Secret Machine™
• Numbered brass CE plaque (1 - 500)
• RadCals
• PinBlades™
• Laser-cut rule card
• Apron plate signed by Jack Guarnieri, Pat Lawlor, and John Youssi
• More surprises!

Can't wait to get one!

Cheers,
Mike

#1072 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

No headphone jack....

He only asked for a volume control.
But having said that, call these guys. They are a small company. They had headphones on the Stern model I was playing at the show a few weeks ago.
Turns out they are in the next town from me.

#1073 4 years ago

Sorry i could not get more pictures of the details on the game. My customer is an operator and this game went on location Monday already. I have a couple from the location in Copenhagen he sent me.

79C6C4F8-F334-4054-9EB8-7866811EF00E (resized).jpeg79C6C4F8-F334-4054-9EB8-7866811EF00E (resized).jpegF671A835-D7A1-47DC-8771-3D81AD0DD9F0 (resized).jpegF671A835-D7A1-47DC-8771-3D81AD0DD9F0 (resized).jpeg
#1074 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Hi All,
If you edit the CE list to remove the LE features, then below is just added features on the CE. While I'd love to join the fancy-dancy club of LE owners, I think 3k is just too much. Perhaps a 2k jump like the difference going from SE to LE would have 'felt' more appropriate.
• Candy Red cabinet armor, legs, and wireforms -> LE is BLUE so this is preference not really an added feature.
• Exclusive playfield artwork with sparkle
• Exclusive cabinet artwork and mirrored backglass
• Exclusive apron artwork
• 3D Wonkatania™ lit topper
• Everlasting Gobstopper™ shooter knob
• Red Most Secret Machine™
• Numbered brass CE plaque (1 - 500)
• RadCals
• PinBlades™
• Laser-cut rule card
• Apron plate signed by Jack Guarnieri, Pat Lawlor, and John Youssi
• More surprises!
Can't wait to get one!
Cheers,
Mike

You had me at 'Laser-cut rule card'.

While I agree that the cost seems unjustifiable, I've already convinced myself it's the model I want and that's all I needed. In for a CE!

#1075 4 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

You had me at 'Laser-cut rule card'.
While I agree that the cost seems unjustifiable, I've already convinced myself it's the model I want and that's all I needed. In for a CE!

I doubt you will regret your decision!

#1076 4 years ago

I played 4-5 games on the LE before it went on location and I was kind of blown away. It shoots so well and it is fun and beautiful! I watched the reveal and was less than impressed and thought this might not be up to JJP standards. I can tell you it is for sure. If you have not played it yet get out there and try it out there is so much to do.
Also very important: not a single issue out of the box.

#1077 4 years ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

I played 4-5 games on the LE before it went on location and I was kind of blown away. It shoots so well and it is fun and beautiful! I watched the reveal and was less than impressed and thought this might not be up to JJP standards. I can tell you it is for sure. If you have not played it yet get out there and try it out there is so much to do.

I assume you mean the SE, since I don't believe the LE's are shipping yet.

#1078 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I assume you mean the SE, since I don't believe the LE's are shipping yet.

Actually it is LE...see his photo.

#1079 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Actually it is LE...see his photo.

Overseas - I see that now.

#1080 4 years ago

See? That's what I've been saying. You've -got- to play it. Once you do, it gets its hooks in you.

#1081 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

See? That's what I've been saying. You've -got- to play it. Once you do, it gets its hooks in you.

It sure does.. excellent design and great theme

#1082 4 years ago

Anyone have ideas for a topper on the LE? Putting my LE in a room full of games with toppers and I'm a sucker for consistency.

#1083 4 years ago

My customer is an operator and this game went on location Monday already.

Can you please post the name of the location? Would like to visit, thanks.

#1085 4 years ago

Finally took down the wife’s 1.65M GC tonight! It has held for two solid weeks against myself, @cjchand, Gasoline and @sheriffbarclay.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/454316877

#1086 4 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Anyone have ideas for a topper on the LE? Putting my LE in a room full of games with toppers and I'm a sucker for consistency.

ebay.com link: Tall Brown Willy Wonka Dickens Caroler Steampunk Coachman Top Hat Topper Costume

Goes on your head, it could go on the top of a pinball too.

I like the lunchbox too, might have to get that if I ever go back to grade school. I'd finally be the tallest kid in class.

ebay.com link: Willy Wonka Tin Carry lunch box

#1087 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Finally took down the wife’s 1.65M GC tonight! It has held for two solid weeks against myself, cjchand, gasoline and sheriffbarclay.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/454316877

Love your videos, always enjoy watching the gameplay plus the awesome video set up, Great Job

#1088 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Love your videos, always enjoy watching the gameplay plus the awesome video set up, Great Job

Hey thanks man! I really appreciate that. I try hard to make all this stuff look and sound good.

#1089 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Can you please post the name of the location? Would like to visit, thanks.

The game is located at:

Palads (movie theatre)
Axeltorv 9
1609 Copenhagen
Denmark

#1090 4 years ago

#1091 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

How would you rate it (scale of 1-10) vs POTC?

#1092 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

How would you rate it (scale of 1-10) vs POTC?

It is an interesting complement to POTC. Very different game, and much more difficult requiring lots of response just to stay alive.

If POTC is a 10, and it is to me, I’d give this an 8 or 9.

#1093 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It is an interesting complement to POTC. Very different game, and much more difficult requiring lots of response just to stay alive.
If POTC is a 10, and it is, I’d give this an 8 or 9.

But potc isn’t a 10... just sayin.

#1094 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

But potc isn’t a 10... just sayin.

Don’t make me downvote a friend!

#1095 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Don’t make me downvote a friend!

You know I’ve owned it. I can have my opinion. We all do. Some love it, some don’t. It’s a good game. But it isn’t a 10. For instance I know you loved playing Alien at my house over Potc, don’t even lie. Lol

#1096 4 years ago

Anyone else have this thing where as SOON as you start Wonkatania mode you promptly drain? They said on the SWL/FlipNOut stream the other day that this mode will occasionally (but not always) feature Wonka's amazing scream that, in the movie, comes before "STOP THE BOAT!"

I am never going to hear that scream in game at this rate.

#1097 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If POTC is a 10, and it is, I’d give this an 8 or 9.

Is POTC perfection of pinball to deserve a 10?

In my opinon, I would give POTC a 9/9.5 with Wonka at 8.5 (could go up with code changes). I guess it comes down to the number of categories you want to rate down. These machines are apples and oranges in game play comparison. Physical attributes/character selection POTC has more going for it but I find Wonka extremely addictive (just one more game).

#1098 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

Is POTC perfection of pinball to deserve a 10?
In my opinon, I would give POTC a 9/9.5 with Wonka at 8.5 (could go up with code changes). I guess it comes down to the number of categories you want to rate down. These machines are apples and oranges in game play comparison. Physical attributes/character selection POTC has more going for it but I find Wonka extremely addictive (just one more game).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It is to me. I was asked for my opinion, right?

The Top 100 has a community consensus.

#1099 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It is to me. I was asked for my opinion, right?
The Top 100 has a community consensus.

You are in the right! My intent wasn't to question your POV since we should all respect each other's perspective.

In the spirit of discussion, it was intended for the general community to ponder on what deserves a 10 and do we have consistent values in judging criteria. It's all subjective at this point and as long as you enjoy your Pin, that's all that matters.

#1100 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

You know I’ve owned it. I can have my opinion. We all do. Some love it, some don’t. It’s a good game. But it isn’t a 10. For instance I know you loved playing Alien at my house over Potc, don’t even lie. Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/22?hl=outlanes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.