IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 280.
#11201 2 years ago

I will be joining the club after all! I had a CE on order right when the game was launched but tired of waiting and ended up getting a Jurassic Park LE instead (great choice). With the inventory of new Wonka machines almost completely gone, we decided to order a LE from Automated services. I am really excited to get the game, especially with the new code. I do think that I am going to need to sell my Cactus Canyon LE spot to make room for it though.

What inner art blades have people installed on their LEs? I have not really seen any that I like.

#11202 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I will be joining the club after all! I had a CE on order right when the game was launched but tired of waiting and ended up getting a Jurassic Park LE instead (great choice). With the inventory of new Wonka machines almost completely gone, we decided to order a LE from Automated services. I am really excited to get the game, especially with the new code. I do think that I am going to need to sell my Cactus Canyon LE spot to make room for it though.
What inner art blades have people installed on their LEs? I have not really seen any that I like.

Mirror blades work great too, that's what I've got.

#11203 2 years ago

Anyone have any issues with leaving the black plastic cheater post plugs out and leaving the hole exposed? While I hate seeing the ball hit the plastic and change trajectory, I also don't want an exposed hole on the playfield especially if it could cause a problem. Which I don't think it would, because I don't think the ball would ever touch the actual hole.

#11204 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Anyone have any issues with leaving the black plastic cheater post plugs out and leaving the hole exposed? While I hate seeing the ball hit the plastic and change trajectory, I also don't want an exposed hole on the playfield especially if it could cause a problem. Which I don't think it would, because I don't think the ball would ever touch the actual hole.

I was considering putting a piece of vinyl decal over mine. Maybe find something of a similar color of the playfield area. Not sure how it would look but it is an idea.

#11205 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Much has been discussed about the tinny stock speakers. Has anyone replaced the backbox speakers with something off the shelf and, if so, what did you buy and how was the result? I am planning to add an external sub (Polk with pinnovators connector) so I’m just thinking about the backbox ones now and if I can improve them for a reasonable cost. Thanks in advance.

I installed the Pinwoofer system in my Wonka and it made a world of difference. Along with the amp, the new sub and tweeters above the backglass made a massive change in sound.

#11206 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I heard removing the cheater post plug will cause a stuck ball.

#11207 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Rare, but yes.

#11208 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not yet but it slows it down to a crawl!!

Dam good video you put on YouTube for us. Your name is Derek correct?

Thanks for all you effort helping others (us). You’re like a mini pinside of information. I also enjoy your retorts of the crabby negative dudes as well. Keep it up! If you’re ever in this miserable freezer box around Minnecrapolis please hit me up you and the gal have a place to stay and play.

John

#11209 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Thanks for all you effort helping others (us). You’re like a mini pinside of information. I also enjoy your retorts of the crabby negative dudes as well. Keep it up! If you’re ever in this miserable freezer box around Minnecrapolis please hit me up you and the gal have a place to stay and play.
John

+1 on this, Derek is one of the most helpful people on the planet. A+ human being, has helped me with Wonka (yes a walking encyclopedia of knowledge) and offered to help with WOZ light stuff if I needed it, great helpful videos, I am a fan!

#11210 2 years ago

Thanks guys, you are too kind.

I'm just an obsessive dude who dives deeply into his hobbies, and wants to help others when he can.

#11211 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

John

Link?

#11212 2 years ago

Are there times where the super lock light is lit or flashing and shooting the spinner loop is shot but the ball doesn’t get locked? Or is my super lock intermittently not locking balls?

#11213 2 years ago

Great way to get one started on hitting Pure Imagination!

#11214 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I should have been more specific. I have the post installed on the bottom post hole, and am considering leaving the TOP hole open. If they were both open I can imagine the ball having enough clearance around it to get stuck in the top hole. But I can't imagine having just the top hole exposed would cause a stuck ball in any way, as the ball should (just barely) clear the top hole when it's touching that post. Last time it was a bear removing that plug, so before I do it I'd like to be more sure.

#11215 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Great way to get one started on hitting Pure Imagination!

Ha! I’ve already watched that like 7 times! Yes thank you!

#11216 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I should have been more specific. I have the post installed on the bottom post hole, and am considering leaving the TOP hole open. If they were both open I can imagine the ball having enough clearance around it to get stuck in the top hole. But I can't imagine having just the top hole exposed would cause a stuck ball in any way, as the ball should (just barely) clear the top hole when it's touching that post. Last time it was a bear removing that plug, so before I do it I'd like to be more sure.

I feel like when you have the post in the bottom position, the ball isnt able to even hit the black plug. So why remove?

#11217 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

Ha! I’ve already watched that like 7 times! Yes thank you!

You should also watch the Kid Multiball deep dive. That one has a lot of detail on how to get the kid golden ticket.

Some of the rules in it have been relaxed in the 2.0 code, but the shots are still the same.

#11218 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I feel like when you have the post in the bottom position, the ball isnt able to even hit the black plug. So why remove?

Because the ball -does- hit the black plug. Which seems like a design flaw of sorts. Putting unintended obstacles in the ball's path seems like a bad idea.

#11219 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Because the ball -does- hit the black plug. Which seems like a design flaw of sorts. Putting unintended obstacles in the ball's path seems like a bad idea.

I agree. Just thought it couldnt hit it due to the rubber on that post not allowing the ball to get that close..

#11220 2 years ago

I thought I would drop in as I am looking for a Wonka LE. If anyone is looking to part with their Wonka LE let me know.

Gord

SOLD!
Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “I am looking for a Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (LE). I will consider shipping for the right machine and the right deal. I prefer something within 500 miles of the Den...”
2022-03-28
Aurora, CO
Wanted
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 96 times

#11221 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:I thought I would drop in as I am looking for a Wonka LE. If anyone is looking to part with their Wonka LE let me know.
Gord

Machine - Wanted

Wanted: Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (LE)

Wanted! “I am looking for a Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (LE). I will consider shipping for the right machine and the right deal.

I prefer something within 500 miles of the Den...”

3 days ago

Aurora, CO

GRB1959

Wanted

I would but it would be costly lol.

#11222 2 years ago

Automated services still has a few. I just ordered one this week from them.
https://www.pinballsandgames.com/

#11223 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Automated services still has a few. I just ordered one this week from them.
https://www.pinballsandgames.com/

I ordered one from Automated this week too.

#11224 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I thought I would drop in as I am looking for a Wonka LE. If anyone is looking to part with their Wonka LE let me know.
Gord

Machine - Wanted

Wanted: Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (LE)

Wanted! “I am looking for a Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (LE). I will consider shipping for the right machine and the right deal.

I prefer something within 500 miles of the Den...”

4 days ago

Aurora, CO

GRB1959

Wanted

http://pinballs.com/

Have them in stock.

#11225 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks guys, you are too kind.
I'm just an obsessive dude who dives deeply into his hobbies, and wants to help others when he can.

Because your YouTube walkthrough is IMHO “the Bible” on understanding Wonka, I’ll ask…

Have you considered doing another walkthrough now that the code has been upgraded/finished?

A fair amount has changed and I’d love your fresh spin on it!

Asking for a friend…

#11226 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Because your YouTube walkthrough is IMHO “the Bible” on understanding Wonka, I’ll ask…
Have you considered doing another walkthrough now that the code has been upgraded/finished?
A fair amount has changed and I’d love your fresh spin on it!
Asking for a friend…

Yes I have! Also to correct some of the technical glitches; the overlay views highlighting LCD sections didn't have sound at first, etc.

I'll get to it for sure.

#11227 2 years ago

Just ordered a set of protectors for $32.95 from Etsy. They are colored, so they may add some "pop" to the machine.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1080923679/willy-wonka-10-piece-color-guard

#11228 2 years ago

Thanks for the lead, I knew that Automated Services, LLC, still had some LE's in stock and I just ordered a Wonka LE.

Gord

#11229 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Thanks for the lead, I knew that Automated Services, LLC, still had some LE's in stock and I just ordered a Wonka LE.
Gord

I really think Wonka is going to be JJPs best shooter for a very long time. I gave up my GnRLE, Loved playing it but it grew a little stale on me. Not Wonka. Every time I think about selling it, I hit up a game and instantly change my mind.

#11230 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes I have! Also to correct some of the technical glitches; the overlay views highlighting LCD sections didn't have sound at first, etc.
I'll get to it for sure.

I'm very interested to see this. I understand the basics of the game, but I know a lot of details are slipping through the cracks.

#11231 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I really think Wonka is going to be JJPs best shooter for a very long time. I gave up my GnRLE, Loved playing it but it grew a little stale on me. Not Wonka. Every time I think about selling it, I hit up a game and instantly change my mind.

Dialed in is their best shooter, I just really hate the theme.

#11232 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Gord

Awesome! Congrats! Michael from Automated is a good guy. You should have no worries..

#11233 2 years ago

Tonight I was getting super lock lit but when firing balls through that uplane, the diverter was not firing to move those balls to the wonkavator. The balls just move through that whole upper loop and do not get diverted they come right back into the playfield. It was going through the whole song and dance on the screen and Wonka shows Charlie to the wonkavator but no balls are up there. Empty. I checked the diverter from below but there are no screws loose. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys.

#11234 2 years ago
Quoted from Spatacuulous:

Tonight I was getting super lock lit but when firing balls through that uplane, the diverter was not firing to move those balls to the wonkavator. The balls just move through that whole upper loop and do not get diverted they come right back into the playfield. It was going through the whole song and dance on the screen and Wonka shows Charlie to the wonkavator but no balls are up there. Empty. I checked the diverter from below but there are no screws loose. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys.

I had this exact issue. On the backside of the board make sure the screws are tight because the opto will fail if loose. Also make sure the feature is not turned off in the settings. I hope this helps.

~ Chase

#11235 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I had this exact issue. On the backside of the board make sure the screws are tight because the opto will fail if loose. Also make sure the feature is not turned off in the settings. I hope this helps.
~ Chase

Thanks Chase. I will investigate today and let you know.

#11236 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Dialed in is their best shooter, I just really hate the theme.

I think that's the title of the the Dialed In Owner's Forum.

#11237 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I think that's the title of the the Dialed In Owner's Forum.

I know re-theming is not a popular practice. However, could you imagine Dialed In re-themed as King Kong. You know where I am going with this.... Like a "tag, you're it" message to stern.

#11238 2 years ago

This has likely been answered already in this thread, but can someone tell me if Wonka LE is a widebody or a standard body pin?

Thanks.

Gord

#11239 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

This has likely been answered already in this thread, but can someone tell me if Wonka LE is a widebody or a standard body pin?
Thanks.
Gord

Standard

#11240 2 years ago

Thanks.

Gord

#11241 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

~ Chase

So all the screws are tight and I took a look in the settings even though I was never in there before and everything looks good to me. I played today and it’s still doing the same thing. Will not send balls up into the wonkavator because they are not diverted to begin with. I tested the diverter coil manually and it works just fine as does the VUK. Anyone have any suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Frank

4FCEB37E-D04B-4433-9057-00E08D29EE5A (resized).jpeg4FCEB37E-D04B-4433-9057-00E08D29EE5A (resized).jpeg
#11242 2 years ago

So all the screws are tight and I took a look in the settings even though I was never in there before and everything looks good to me. I played today and it’s still doing the same thing. Will not send balls up into the wonkavator because they are not diverted to begin with. I tested the diverter coil manually and it works just fine as does the VUK. Anyone have any suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks - Frank[quoted image]

Its using virtual locks because something is out of wack. It was a series of problems of this machine.

The green squares mean a ball is on that position. In the pic shared, were any pinballs in the first lock and the VUK lock? Is the green lock light on the Wonkavator on (on the playfield would be the bottom one)?

Bet an opto on the far left fell off. See pics. Notice the small black half circle with two wires on the long end? Used electrical tape to hold it up.

Start there and report.
8287BFA0-9858-49AB-A86D-BCDE3E264E13 (resized).jpeg8287BFA0-9858-49AB-A86D-BCDE3E264E13 (resized).jpegC68C9B20-14FD-4AED-AE6A-82F77D3EED3F (resized).jpegC68C9B20-14FD-4AED-AE6A-82F77D3EED3F (resized).jpeg

#11243 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Its using virtual locks because something is out of wack. It was a series of problems of this machine.
The green squares mean a ball is on that position. In the pic shared, were any pinballs in the first lock and the VUK lock? Is the green lock light on the Wonkavator on (on the playfield would be the bottom one)?
Bet an opto on the far left fell off. See pics. Notice the small black half circle with two wires on the long end? Used electrical tape to hold it up.
Start there and report.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Well I’ll be damned! See pic below. You are correct sir. Opto fell off! I will repair and hopefully that’s it! Thanks so much.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11244 2 years ago

Also just wanted to note that while I was in there I noticed a screw in the bottom of the cabinet and it was from the plastic piece that holds and releases the balls in the wonkavator chute. I checked and they were all loose. I added threadlocker and replaced them all while I was in there. Can’t thank you guys enough especially c818919taylor

60E25249-1BFE-4EB0-AC47-618DE37A588E (resized).jpeg60E25249-1BFE-4EB0-AC47-618DE37A588E (resized).jpeg78EF9F26-98DB-49AF-AD34-2575853F8349 (resized).jpeg78EF9F26-98DB-49AF-AD34-2575853F8349 (resized).jpeg962E8F5C-0360-4603-8132-1B65E3D98AEC (resized).jpeg962E8F5C-0360-4603-8132-1B65E3D98AEC (resized).jpeg
#11245 2 years ago

LE # 549 MFG date October 2021 arrived this last week from Jason at classic games. His last one in stock. Great guy to work with and a great price. Definitely a keeper, once you get into a good flow and start blowing it up it’s impressive for sure, had one issue with a broken 3/4” ring near pops and the elevator diverter switch was getting stuck open. JJP email support was quick and detailed on the fix and all concerns were addressed and resolved.

#11246 2 years ago

Also just wanted to note that while I was in there I noticed a screw in the bottom of the cabinet and it was from the plastic piece that holds and releases the balls in the wonkavator chute. I checked and they were all loose. I added threadlocker and replaced them all while I was in there. Can’t thank you guys enough especially c818919taylor
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

No problem.

#11247 2 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

LE # 549 MFG date October 2021 arrived this last week from Jason at classic games. His last one in stock. Great guy to work with and a great price. Definitely a keeper, once you get into a good flow and start blowing it up it’s impressive for sure, had one issue with a broken 3/4” ring near pops and the elevator diverter switch was getting stuck open. JJP email support was quick and detailed on the fix and all concerns were addressed and resolved.

I got the same build date from Jason a few months ago he’s an awesome guy

#11248 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'll get to it for sure.

Fantastic news!

Can’t wait to see it!

#11249 2 years ago

Has anyone installed the Pingraffix side blades and can you do it without lifting out the entire playfield? That thing looks real heavy

#11250 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Has anyone installed the Pingraffix side blades and can you do it without lifting out the entire playfield? That thing looks real heavy

Yes, twice. I balanced it on the furthest stops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

There are 13,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/225 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.