IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 280.
#11151 2 years ago

Hammerhead Thank you- did you put to posts on the left? Where that black rubber cap is? Thank you

#11152 2 years ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:Hammerhead Thank you- did you put to posts on the left? Where that black rubber cap is? Thank you

Yes, that’s where you put the extra post to tone down the left drain difficulty. You can put it in the lower or upper slot. Upper slot makes for easier difficulty setting.

#11153 2 years ago

Just got my machine, 2019. 3 of the 4 mini spotlights are out. Is this a typical part that goes bad and is JJP the only option short of replacing the led bulbs myself?

#11154 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

Just got my machine, 2019. 3 of the 4 mini spotlights are out. Is this a typical part that goes bad and is JJP the only option short of replacing the led bulbs myself?

Ditto

#11155 2 years ago

I think the game is to dark,I realize simple self make stadium lighting May minimize some lighting affects but for 25.00 I recommend them and they are rgb if you want to change or mix color.

#11156 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

It would be strange to have 3 led bulbs defective. It could be wiring, or a board, or they're just not seated properly. Either way I'd do some quick troubleshooting and contact JJP. On principle I struggle with fixing out of pocket a NIB $11k pin myself. The fact that Green Machine had the same issue makes me think it's not the LED themselves.

#11157 2 years ago

Got my game December 2019, lost one spotlight LED so far which I replaced. Ordered the full assembly from JJP (wire+LED)

#11158 2 years ago

jackd104 thank you ! I will give it a try

#11159 2 years ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Hi All= newer WONKA LE owner- General question for the outlane posts - particular the left side- The bounce on the post is brutal- tons of left outlane drains- How do you all have your post or posts set on the left? Mine came from the factory with the left post centered in the middle over the lane divider-

A lot of people will add that extra post in the goodie bag (cheater post).

You dont always have to remove rubber. Best to try it out with all on, and then reduce as needed.

#11160 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

It would be strange to have 3 led bulbs defective. It could be wiring, or a board, or they're just not seated properly. Either way I'd do some quick troubleshooting and contact JJP. On principle I struggle with fixing out of pocket a NIB $11k pin myself. The fact that Green Machine had the same issue makes me think it's not the LED themselves.

I swapped them around. All the spots are good, the 3 bulbs are bad. Agree strange. I have stadiums on so they really don’t do much but I don’t like having lights out. May just replace the bulb myself. Seems like it would be simple enough.

4D228F67-25CB-4364-90FF-9F54483F5C0A (resized).jpeg4D228F67-25CB-4364-90FF-9F54483F5C0A (resized).jpeg5AEB9F84-C47C-4D3F-AB5E-D0493F9F70BC (resized).jpeg5AEB9F84-C47C-4D3F-AB5E-D0493F9F70BC (resized).jpeg
#11161 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

My bulbs are bad too. I tested them

#11162 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

A lot of people will add that extra post in the goodie bag (cheater post).
You dont always have to remove rubber. Best to try it out with all on, and then reduce as needed.

Yes, I tried to keep all the rubbers at first but the ball would get stuck in the outer inlane

#11163 2 years ago

Hi all.
Does anyone have the official Topper pictured below for sale? I'm happy to pay shipping out to California where I'm based till mid-late April

JERSEY JACK WILLY WONKA LIMITED EDITION Pinball Machine Game TOPPER for sale (resized).jpgJERSEY JACK WILLY WONKA LIMITED EDITION Pinball Machine Game TOPPER for sale (resized).jpg
#11164 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Hi all.
Does anyone have the official Topper pictured below for sale? I'm happy to pay shipping out to California where I'm based till mid-late April

Automated still has them I think. Best to call first to verify if they actually have them. No idea what the original price was but I'm sure they jacked it up a bit.

https://www.coinoppartsetc.com/product/games-parts-pinball-machine-parts/jersey-jack-willy-wonka-limited-edition-pinball-machine

#11165 2 years ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Automated still has them I think. Best to call first to verify if they actually have them. No idea what the original price was but I'm sure they jacked it up a bit.
https://www.coinoppartsetc.com/product/games-parts-pinball-machine-parts/jersey-jack-willy-wonka-limited-edition-pinball-machine

Saw that but trying to avoid $499 for the topper if I can

#11166 2 years ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

I thought it used to be $299 but not positive.

#11167 2 years ago

Hey everyone. Wondering what size washers to use for the various posts up top and the sides of the playfield? The lower sling posts have black washers from the factory, my build was around 6 months ago. I didn't check if they were plastic or metal yet. Any info on what most people are buying?

#11168 2 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

Just got an LE. Can I get some thoughts on must have mods for this? Favorites? Thanks

Don’t get the pile of chocolate blocks the light on the center ramp.

#11169 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I thought it used to be $299 but not positive.

It’s $499 on their site
$299 would be ideal

#11170 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

Hey can someone point out where each of these led bulbs are on the playfield? I see three. One shines on the gobstopper, one shines on the camera, one near right sling shining on playfield, but can’t find the 4th

#11171 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Hey can someone point out where each of these led bulbs are on the playfield? I see three. One shines on the gobstopper, one shines on the camera, one near right sling shining on playfield, but can’t find the 4th

There are 2 behind the gopstopper on my machine. One points to the camera and the other points towards the Wonkavator.

#11172 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Why?

#11173 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I have the chocolates to help protect errant balls from striking the camera and oompa loompa. I've seen how those can get damaged. But it doesn't block the light on the camera, which is coming at it more from the side than straight on. Plus, I like the look.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1012-ulekstore/02705-pile-of-chocolate-bars-mod-for-jjp-s-willy-wonka

#11174 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

I swapped them around. All the spots are good, the 3 bulbs are bad. Agree strange. I have stadiums on so they really don’t do much but I don’t like having lights out. May just replace the bulb myself. Seems like it would be simple enough. [quoted image][quoted image]

Where can I get those 2 and 4 wire connectors for under the playfield that are used by the lighting and spotlights?

#11175 2 years ago

Parting ways with my WW. I want to wipe the scores and mugshots on the machine but leave the total plays untouched. Can someone let me know how to wipe the scores and mugshots but not reset the number of plays? Thanks in advance.

#11176 2 years ago

I have this mod and think its great for protecting that area.. it might not protect the camera as well as the chocolate bars you showed..

https://pinballmods.co/willy-wonka-pinball-jjp/wonkavision-stage-captive-ball-protector

#11177 2 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Where can I get those 2 and 4 wire connectors for under the playfield that are used by the lighting and spotlights?

JJP has them for $10.99. Have to contact them direct.

#11181 2 years ago

Anyone else ever get two balls in here and have them get stuck?

20220324_183820.jpg20220324_183820.jpg
#11182 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Anyone else ever get two balls in here and have them get stuck?
[quoted image]

Yes and no

#11183 2 years ago

Has anyone's shooter rod hit the autoplunge? And how did you fix it?

#11184 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Has anyone's shooter rod hit the autoplunge? And how did you fix it?

3 screws for the shooter assembly, loosen and adjust so it's hitting the ball center. Confirm the autoplunger forks don't jump when you plunge.

#11185 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

3 screws for the shooter assembly, loosen and adjust so it's hitting the ball center. Confirm the autoplunger forks don't jump when you plunge.

Not perfect but far better. Thanks. Ill try again with the new shooter rod.

#11186 2 years ago

Not perfect but far better. Thanks. Ill try again with the new shooter rod.

If you have an aftermarket shooter rod, skull mod etc I believe you'll need a shorter external spring.

#11187 2 years ago

Is there a more cruel and infuriating moment in all of pinball than losing Wonka’s Office and getting berated by Gene Wilder? If so, I’d like to hear you try to name it.

#11188 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Is there a more cruel and infuriating moment in all of pinball than losing Wonka’s Office and getting berated by Gene Wilder? If so, I’d like to hear you try to name it.

Best integrated callout in pinball, in my opinion. Makes me simultaneously mad and smile.

#11189 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Best integrated callout in pinball, in my opinion. Makes me simultaneously mad and smile.

It makes me remove my headphones and look away from the game. Hah. I agree it’s great. Too great.

#11190 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I honestly love it. Perhaps I need help

#11191 2 years ago

Where can you pick up the sticker that applies to the playfield back box? I’ve seen a few of these but can’t find where to buy them.

#11192 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If you have an aftermarket shooter rod, skull mod etc I believe you'll need a shorter external spring.

Nope. Modelvisionary (Super Skill Shot Shooters) was dead on. Great product. Highly recommend.

F1A078D5-4BA1-4A30-9A9A-7F7E00C60AB6 (resized).jpegF1A078D5-4BA1-4A30-9A9A-7F7E00C60AB6 (resized).jpeg
#11193 2 years ago

Nope. Modelvisionary (Super Skill Shot Shooters) was dead on. Great product. Highly recommend. [quoted image]

I'm a dummy and confused Guns with Wonka.

#11194 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm a dummy and confused Guns with Wonka.

They both have fun and games. The biggest difference is "little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous" vs "Welcome to the jungle baby, you're gonna die!"

#11195 2 years ago

Much has been discussed about the tinny stock speakers. Has anyone replaced the backbox speakers with something off the shelf and, if so, what did you buy and how was the result? I am planning to add an external sub (Polk with pinnovators connector) so I’m just thinking about the backbox ones now and if I can improve them for a reasonable cost. Thanks in advance.

#11196 2 years ago

Good question. The sub helps but you still will have the tinny sound.

Quoted from jackd104:

Much has been discussed about the tinny stock speakers. Has anyone replaced the backbox speakers with something off the shelf and, if so, what did you buy and how was the result? I am planning to add an external sub (Polk with pinnovators connector) so I’m just thinking about the backbox ones now and if I can improve them for a reasonable cost. Thanks in advance.

#11197 2 years ago

They are in my line of sight and during golden egg room you need to see what color the center ramp light is, don't want any bad eggs!

I hit pure imagination for the first time tonight! What a treat!!!!! Had no idea what to do but got that messed up pinball high feeling!!!

#11198 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

13,000,000 and scorbit calls it the lowest score on earth...
[quoted image]

Sorry about that. It's clearly a bug! We'll add it to the list.

#11199 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

They are in my line of sight and during golden egg room you need to see what color the center ramp light is, don't want any bad eggs!
I hit pure imagination for the first time tonight! What a treat!!!!! Had no idea what to do but got that messed up pinball high feeling!!!

Oh, im not sure ive seen a mod that blocks the center ramp light.. Yea, thats annoying haha

#11200 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Just had this tonight! Ugh. But so perfect!
Had my personal best score tonight too… 9,458,840. I was pretty happy but also ticked I didn’t break 10M!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

There are 13,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/224 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.