IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 280.
#11101 2 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

Thanks for the mod recommendations, really appreciate. Definitely some great ones out there for this game!
Does anyone have an opinion of the two 'factory' mods out there- the one brown one from mod couple looks awesome. That vs. the white with red tube pieces from mezel mods?
Thanks

I like the Mezel mod one, but couple of issues to mention. With the tubing pieces, they do not fit with the side plastic being there, so people either remove that plastic stack, or cut it a bit to fit the pipe pieces.. The pipe pieces are super tight!!! makes me nervous to break them installing on that blue powder coat.. And, the clear plastic parts are a b*tch to get to stay on... Aside from that, looks great ha.

#11102 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

The Oompa Loompa song is played only by hitting the pop bumpers. One word per bump.

Ok, Thank you

#11103 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

There's like an instrumental remix version of it when you are playing oompa loompa Odyssey. It is not the same as the original in the movie.

Thank you...

#11104 2 years ago

The chocolate factory mod. Does anyone have a pic of it actually installed? Can’t find one. Thanks

#11105 2 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

The chocolate factory mod. Does anyone have a pic of it actually installed? Can’t find one. Thanks

Already turned off for the night, but here is a quick couple of photos. You are close enough to come check it out in person, if you like. Send a PM.

20220316_220408 (resized).jpg20220316_220408 (resized).jpg20220316_220437 (resized).jpg20220316_220437 (resized).jpg
#11106 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Already turned off for the night, but here is a quick couple of photos. You are close enough to come check it out in person, if you like. Send a PM.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is the factory with some flickering mini LED’s added.

6A99C0B3-AA05-4EFC-B9B2-EEEA9F38B35D (resized).jpeg6A99C0B3-AA05-4EFC-B9B2-EEEA9F38B35D (resized).jpegEF7A5183-7478-49BF-8504-EB7E9F965FFB (resized).jpegEF7A5183-7478-49BF-8504-EB7E9F965FFB (resized).jpeg
#11107 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I love 3d printing, but I can never get over how bad the print lines look on these mods. They stick out like a sore thumb amongst all the molded oem parts.

#11108 2 years ago

having wonkavator diverter problems pinball tooooo often comes back through the pure imagination orbit...

and the elevator lock ball release keep firing in & out when a ball leaves the lock or the coin door shuts...

what gives?

#11109 2 years ago

Awesome, thanks for the pics. That factory looks really good. Will order one up.
Anyone have the Mod Couple wonkavator mod?

#11110 2 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

Awesome, thanks for the pics. That factory looks really good. Will order one up.

I have the ler mod wonkavator in mine and love it.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/willy-wonka-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-interactive-wonkavator

#11111 2 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

I have the Wonkavator mod on my SE. it’s a great mod that fills in the empty space in that upper left corner nicely.

#11112 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I bet your diverter flag cam loose and fell off. When it does, it will lie flat in the upper orbit and your ball can roll over it.
Simple to fix. You can remove the coil/post from under the playfield. Screw the flag back on, and then re-insert it.
I had the same exact issue as you describe (balls going into Wonkavator and getting instantly released) and also found two loose screws. this was the prob! Balls that weren’t traveling fast enough would naturally fall into the Wonkavator… the machine would kick them up and instantly recognize it as an error and release them.
I put some blue loctite on the screws before reassembly. Haven’t had an issue since

For anyone having Wonkavator issues: All four screws holding the coil that retracts the large white release pin were loose/missing. I don't know why that would make it release balls at the wrong time, but after re-securing the coil it's working 100%. Sometimes to diagnose problems you gotta just put your hands on things and try wiggling them!

#11113 2 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

I have the Mod Couple version. Looks great and fills a nice "void" on my SE for the space. But in hindsight I really like the looks of Lermods version with the spinning part; if I had to do it again I would probably splurge and get that one.

#11114 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I love 3d printing, but I can never get over how bad the print lines look on these mods. They stick out like a sore thumb amongst all the molded oem parts.

You'd think maybe they would do a little sanding post-printing to smooth out the layer lines

#11115 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

This is nice, but to me, doesnt fit the theme. Reminds me of this, which I do not want a memory of!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11116 2 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

hello wonka owners!
my standard wonka TV saucer kickout is failing to timely release the ball from the saucer. most times, if I hit the saucer skill shot, it comes out quickly. However, when I hit the saucer during gameplay (TV SHOT), the bell rings over and over, but the ball refuses to be kicked out because the coil is not firing. eventually, especially after I slap the side of the game, it will eject. i am confused. it seems like a code issue because the skill shot results in a typically quick saucer eject to upper right flipper, but during gameplay, it is a loooong delay, and multiple bell soundings, before the ball eventually is released.
any input is appreciated!
best regards,
Hog

You can try gently cleaning the sensor down in there with a Q-tip (and also make sure there's no physical debris down in there partially blocking it. And that your pinballs aren't grimy.) It's basically an opto sending and receiving unit all in one and sees the ball by reflecting the opto beam off of it. If you have an SE, then it was made a long time ago - make sure your software is up to the latest rev. I have vague memories of the handling of that sensor being improved in one of the revisions.

#11117 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Looks like left is a little higher than right. Right is how I like them (and how they are on my CE), aligned with the inlane.
I imagine it’s personal preference but I’ve always bumped up my flipper strength a bit, as it feels like the magnet in multiball weakens them (to the extent it’s hard to make up ramps). Got that tip in this thread!

Here is where I believe the game plays best, lined up with the in-lane guides.

B6728A6E-A4CF-43FA-974E-DF5A82925791 (resized).jpegB6728A6E-A4CF-43FA-974E-DF5A82925791 (resized).jpeg
#11118 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Hello, i am thinking of purchasing a WW machine.. I really enjoy the Oooomoa Looompa Song... However, when looking at early youtube reviews it appears the whole song does not play, instead you only hear Ooo... Paa loop... Aaa.. as if it was slowed down and the words of the song are spread out... Was this changed in a later firmware?? Does the entire Oooompa Looompa song now play at some bonus point??

Cliffy’s and PinStadiums!

#11119 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

having wonkavator diverter problems pinball tooooo often comes back through the pure imagination orbit...
and the elevator lock ball release keep firing in & out when a ball leaves the lock or the coin door shuts...
what gives?

Repaired. Looked like a two fold problem. too much solder shorting at the coil (pic taken after i bent post) and post #10867 Pinside Wonka Club - Golden Tickets Inside 27dnast perfect!

4590D7F8-89A2-4EBD-A652-585A9FFBFE22 (resized).jpeg4590D7F8-89A2-4EBD-A652-585A9FFBFE22 (resized).jpeg9A64D82D-A1C7-4DFC-A664-7D7DA4A29C5A (resized).jpeg9A64D82D-A1C7-4DFC-A664-7D7DA4A29C5A (resized).jpeg
#11120 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Cliffy’s and PinStadiums!

Nooooo pinstadiums! lol

#11121 2 years ago

When I turn the game on, the JJP logo in the Wonkavision is off-centered. Machine also makes a loud noise that sounds like speaker is shorting. Game plays fine once it's up and running, but any idea why these are happening? Thanks.

IMG_8621 (resized).jpgIMG_8621 (resized).jpg
#11122 2 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

When I turn the game on, the JJP logo in the Wonkavision is off-centered. Machine also makes a loud noise that sounds like speaker is shorting. Game plays fine once it's up and running, but any idea why these are happening? Thanks.
[quoted image]

This is normal. I believe its due to the bios or something just not matching screen resolutions right away.

That noise is normal too. Its a quick loud squeak or chirp.

#11123 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

This is normal. I believe its due to the bios or something just not matching screen resolutions right away.
That noise is normal too. Its a quick loud squeak or chirp.

Yes normal crazy loud chirp that I have never gotten accustomed it.why can’t jjp fix that!

#11124 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Yes normal crazy loud chirp that I have never gotten accustomed it.why can’t jjp fix that!

I agree!

I know someone makes a fix for it, but its too expensive imo to stop a 1 second chirp. I forget the modder. Modfather perhaps?

#11125 2 years ago

Ah ok, thanks. My DI doesn't make the sound, but the phone screen does the same thing.

#11127 2 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

Thanks for the mod recommendations, really appreciate. Definitely some great ones out there for this game!
Does anyone have an opinion of the two 'factory' mods out there- the one brown one from mod couple looks awesome. That vs. the white with red tube pieces from mezel mods?
Thanks

I’ve got the Mezel mods factory on my Wonka and love it!

I abandoned the clear plastic tubes as they were a challenge to install and keep in place. Frankly the mod looks great even without them.

One thing I noticed when I installed mine was how loud the ball sounded rolling thru the mod on the wire forms. The red pipe pieces have a pretty firm clamping force that slightly changes the width of the ramp. This translated to noticeably louder transitions thru the wire ramp.

I remedied this by using a Drexel to route out the channels on the pipe pieces that clip to the wire ramp to give a bit less squeeze on the ramps. That brought the noise back down and no difference in the mod’s stability.

Couldn’t be happier with the look and it looks like it came from the factory with this mod.

Nice you have options!

#11128 2 years ago

Oompah oompah loopidy doo. Have I got a creamer just for you.

20220312_114120 (resized).jpg20220312_114120 (resized).jpg
#11129 2 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

I have an extra Mod Couple Wonkavator mod, along with, the Mezel chocolate bars. If interested just PM me. I'll sell them to you at a discount vs. them just sitting on my workbench.

#11130 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Oompah oompah loopidy doo. Have I got a creamer just for you.
[quoted image]

I'm sure you can incorporate that into a playfield mod. Because that's what's cool now!

#11131 2 years ago

13,000,000 and scorbit calls it the lowest score on earth...

Screenshot_20220320-135825_Scorbit.jpgScreenshot_20220320-135825_Scorbit.jpg
#11132 2 years ago

Please, run a Wonkavador test. In the menu under device tests. When the start button is pushed does the pinball launched get diverted and into the super lock on your machine?

#11133 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I’ve got the Mezel mods factory on my Wonka and love it!
I abandoned the clear plastic tubes as they were a challenge to install and keep in place. Frankly the mod looks great even without them.
One thing I noticed when I installed mine was how loud the ball sounded rolling thru the mod on the wire forms. The red pipe pieces have a pretty firm clamping force that slightly changes the width of the ramp. This translated to noticeably louder transitions thru the wire ramp.
I remedied this by using a Drexel to route out the channels on the pipe pieces that clip to the wire ramp to give a bit less squeeze on the ramps. That brought the noise back down and no difference in the mod’s stability.
Couldn’t be happier with the look and it looks like it came from the factory with this mod.
Nice you have options!

I like the Mod Couple factory one in looks - anyone have that on the machine with a pic?

#11134 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I like the Mod Couple factory one in looks - anyone have that on the machine with a pic?

Here you go

1F344CD0-D964-4A2A-95B1-6172A2D37696 (resized).jpeg1F344CD0-D964-4A2A-95B1-6172A2D37696 (resized).jpeg
#11135 2 years ago

Green-Machine Are those replacement plastics? Where did you get those! They look great- Thank you

#11136 2 years ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Green-Machine Are those replacement plastics? Where did you get those! They look great- Thank you

Yes. I’m second owner so unfortunately I do not know who made the mod.

#11137 2 years ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Whats different exactly? Maybe im blind haha.

#11138 2 years ago

Rager170 The plastics are painted metallic green instead of clear-

#11139 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Whats different exactly? Maybe im blind haha.

8354D0C9-423F-43C7-974F-FE51C7A7A667 (resized).jpeg8354D0C9-423F-43C7-974F-FE51C7A7A667 (resized).jpegC4C7CBA6-C8F0-4AD9-ACA8-61F1F16C7B86 (resized).jpegC4C7CBA6-C8F0-4AD9-ACA8-61F1F16C7B86 (resized).jpeg
#11140 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Please, run a Wonkavador test. In the menu under device tests. When the start button is pushed does the pinball launched get diverted and into the super lock on your machine?

Turned out to be a broken plastic fastener for the opto at the first ball lock of the super lock. secured with some ingenuity and lock is working again.

#11141 2 years ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

closest found

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-mushroom-spotlight-covers

#11143 2 years ago

not fan of these, they block visibility in importants aeras

#11144 2 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

not fan of these, they block visibility in importants aeras

Agreed! I took mine off

#11145 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Oh those things? You just put them on there... I dont believe its new plastics, just decorations.

Edit - nevermind, I do see it enlarged that it is green plastic. I know some people will sell it as decorations to put on top. Which is nice if you ever want to bring it back to stock easier.. I did it on mine for the left side. I didnt want to do it on the middle area as it blocks the ball path.

#11147 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Oh those things? You just put them on there... I dont believe its new plastics, just decorations.
Edit - nevermind, I do see it enlarged that it is green plastic. I know some people will sell it as decorations to put on top. Which is nice if you ever want to bring it back to stock easier.. I did it on mine for the left side. I didnt want to do it on the middle area as it blocks the ball path.

I don’t like them. I order a stock clear from JJP but they only had the one in front of Wonka vision. I’m still looking for the clear on the left next to factory mod

#11148 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I don’t like them. I order a stock clear from JJP but they only had the one in front of Wonka vision. I’m still looking for the clear on the left next to factory mod

Sorry, i think I was replying to the wrong person...

But thats too bad that you cannot find them. I know some people choose to take it off, so maybe someone has it lying around?

#11149 2 years ago

Hi All= newer WONKA LE owner- General question for the outlane posts - particular the left side- The bounce on the post is brutal- tons of left outlane drains- How do you all have your post or posts set on the left? Mine came from the factory with the left post centered in the middle over the lane divider-

#11150 2 years ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Hi All= newer WONKA LE owner- General question for the outlane posts - particular the left side- The bounce on the post is brutal- tons of left outlane drains- How do you all have your post or posts set on the left? Mine came from the factory with the left post centered in the middle over the lane divider-

Added the outlane post that came in the goodie bag, removed the rubber from the center post. My games went from 200K to 10M instantly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/223?hl=mrsiyufy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.