IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 280.
#11001 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I had three balls (if I remember right) stuck in there once. I gave it a few minutes, and it self cleared. It does a quick spin, and then later a more thorough spin to get them out.

I could see a ball at the bottom of the VUK. It never cleared. There was a second ball in there somewhere. It never cleared until I reset the game and tried to start a new game.

#11002 2 years ago
Quoted from prentice:

Anyone ever have their game just decide to end mid-game?
I had a kid multi ball going (and possibly gobstopper multi stacked), and then suddenly my flippers went dead, all the balls drained. As far as I recall, the screens weren't showing anything special, and definitely no Tilts shown onscreen, although it acted like it somehow activated the Tilt code. I didn't even have any tilt warnings, and my sensor is set at the easiest tilt setting, all the way down.
Fortunately it wasn't an amazing game, and I've not seen this happen before. I haven't updated the code in a few months, but I think it is the latest version as of late Dec.

I've had this happen. For me, it's when the trough optos were acting up. Reseat all the connections to the trough and make sure that the connections are very tight. If you go into switch test mode and jiggle any of the connectors around and you can see them activating then you have a problem. On some occasions, you might have to resolder the optos in the trough as well. Fortunately this is pretty easy as they are pretty exposed solder points and it's easy to take out of the machine.

#11003 2 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I was able to add light bars to my Willy Wonka and tap into the GI. The light strips reflect the same color as the GI as they are 5V RBG strips. Curious if anyone wants to see a video or instructions?

I would be interested. Please share when you have time.

#11004 2 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I was able to add light bars to my Willy Wonka and tap into the GI. The light strips reflect the same color as the GI as they are 5V RBG strips. Curious if anyone wants to see a video or instructions?

Can you take some pics and share w us your install? Am curious. Thanks I’m advance.

#11005 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

There is a kickback timer setting. Change to a shorter amount of time after it hits the switch. I believe you can also have the game ball save if kickback fails. I know The Hobbit does.

I tried changing game and coil settings for the kicker but no change...it must be either the coil alignment or the switch that need adjusting as it's not showing any errors.

#11006 2 years ago

My Wonka is making tick tock noises from the speaker upon startup. Gameplay is still normal but I can’t get it to stop making the noise. Does anybody have any idea what is happening?

Maybe a fuse? I don’t know where to look?

#11007 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

My Wonka is making tick tock noises from the speaker upon startup. Gameplay is still normal but I can’t get it to stop making the noise. Does anybody have any idea what is happening?
Maybe a fuse? I don’t know where to look?

Is it like this?

#11008 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Is it like this?

Yes just like that

#11009 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Yes just like that

It was an intermittent problem for me. Had to go through the troubleshooting process with JJP. They eventually sent me a new sound card.

#11010 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

It was an intermittent problem for me. Had to go through the troubleshooting process with JJP. They eventually sent me a new sound card.

okay thanks

#11011 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

What did they say was wrong?

#11012 2 years ago

I have stadium lighting diy and

<blockquote cite

Quoted from judremy:

I have diy on mine but I would love to see how you did his setup!

#11013 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

What did they say was wrong?

They never said. They just saw the video after various troubleshooting steps and said they'd send a new sound card.

#11014 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

They never said. They just saw the video after various troubleshooting steps and said they'd send a new sound card.

I have this from time to time also. But I was under the impression it was a coil firing or something. It never stayed long enough for me to worry.

#11015 2 years ago

I just got home from work and fired up my new Wonka to show it off. The main display showed no signal and what should be on the big screen, is being displayed on the small wonka vision screen. Any ideas to fix this? I rebooted the game twice but it is still the same.

#11016 2 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

I just got home from work and fired up my new Wonka to show it off. The main display showed no signal and what should be on the big screen, is being displayed on the small wonka vision screen. Any ideas to fix this? I rebooted the game twice but it is still the same.

Cable come.loose on the back of the display?

#11017 2 years ago

Cables are well connected from computer to the main display.

#11018 2 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

When the game puts the main monitor graphics on the small monitor it’s because it can’t see the main monitor. Follow the 12v power from the ATX along the arm to the main monitor power plug. Make sure no pins backed out even if connectors are connected. Reseat connections.

#11019 2 years ago

I know the main monitor has power because it says no signal on the screen briefly.

#11020 2 years ago

When you start a new game with “WONK” lit and hit the standard skill shot, shouldn’t the +1 factory advance portion of the skill shot trigger the “A” and qualify a factory mode next time the saucer is hit? I’ve only had my wonka LE for about two weeks but could have sworn this was how it worked originally. I know the skillshot is registering because I am getting the points associated with the skill shot, just not the factory advance. Maybe I’m crazy….. If not, any troubleshooting suggestions?

#11021 2 years ago

Had my Wonka for a few weeks now… I hear the term “saucer” I’m not sure what this is. Could someone enlighten me?

#11022 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Had my Wonka for a few weeks now… I hear the term “saucer” I’m not sure what this is. Could someone enlighten me?

Right wonkavision shot.

#11023 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Right wonkavision shot.

Thanks!

#11024 2 years ago

Feeling good about my progress

60B9E0AA-CF3B-4300-B694-DAF2F6EDC71B (resized).jpeg60B9E0AA-CF3B-4300-B694-DAF2F6EDC71B (resized).jpeg
#11025 2 years ago
Quoted from VinnyBlanc:

When you start a new game with “WONK” lit and hit the standard skill shot, shouldn’t the +1 factory advance portion of the skill shot trigger the “A” and qualify a factory mode next time the saucer is hit? I’ve only had my wonka LE for about two weeks but could have sworn this was how it worked originally. I know the skillshot is registering because I am getting the points associated with the skill shot, just not the factory advance. Maybe I’m crazy….. If not, any troubleshooting suggestions?

I was confused by this too. I think it advances one of the three factory tours, but necessarily the factory tour. See if either of the other two modes qualify for you.

#11026 2 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

YES please!

#11027 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Great score! Hope you are using Scorbit to challenge others. Don’t get too good too fast.

#11028 2 years ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Great score! Hope you are using Scorbit to challenge others. Don’t get too good too fast.

Thanks I just recently poked into the scorbit. Need to set up my profile I’m assuming

#11029 2 years ago

New topper?

Screenshot_20220310-093008_ProtonMail.jpgScreenshot_20220310-093008_ProtonMail.jpg
#11030 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

New topper? [quoted image]

God no! lol

#11031 2 years ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Too many cheaters to compare to others like that unfortunately.

#11032 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Do you think so? I got the impression from the scores on scorbit that they were all pretty legitimate. I know I've seen some people break 100 million on Wonka in this thread before, and right now in scorbit the highest scores are below that for SE (I think I may even be number one for the SE at around 65m).

That's also why having friends on score bit is a good thing. I constantly challenge my dad since we both have GNR. It would be pretty obvious if either one of us were cheating

#11033 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What I find amazing is that cheaters feel like it’s okay to post a score as if they were playing at default. Not sure how cheating would make a person feel good! It’s very strange to me.

#11034 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Do you think so? I got the impression from the scores on scorbit that they were all pretty legitimate. I know I've seen some people break 100 million on Wonka in this thread before, and right now in scorbit the highest scores are below that for SE (I think I may even be number one for the SE at around 65m).
That's also why having friends on score bit is a good thing. I constantly challenge my dad since we both have GNR. It would be pretty obvious if either one of us were cheating

What I find amazing is that cheaters feel like it’s okay to post a score as if they were playing at default. Not sure how cheating would make a person feel good! It’s very strange to me.

I never understood it either. Some people dont think its cheating sometimes. Like, starting with 5 balls vs. 3, adding posts, adding extra balls.... List goes on.

Its like when I play golf and see people doing things they arent supposed to. You are only fooling yourself.

#11035 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

break 100 mill? Thats just insane. I have had this machine for like two years and cant get past like 11 mill. I know im not the best but some of these higher scores really make me wonder.

#11036 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I never understood it either. Some people dont think its cheating sometimes. Like, starting with 5 balls vs. 3, adding posts, adding extra balls.... List goes on.
Its like when I play golf and see people doing things they arent supposed to. You are only fooling yourself.

I get how it makes it tough for us all to compare scores with so many different set ups. But that's why I just compare my score with others on the same physical machine. I think it a bit of a stretch to call things "cheating" unless folks are taking the glass off and just hitting switches. But that's just me.
If it's an option then I don't think it's "something they shouldn't do" but don't need to be bragging on a score for sure.

#11037 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

I get how it makes it tough for us all to compare scores with so many different set ups. But that's why I just compare my score with others on the same physical machine. I think it a bit of a stretch to call things "cheating" unless folks are taking the glass off and just hitting switches. But that's just me.
If it's an option then I don't think it's "something they shouldn't do" but don't need to be bragging on a score for sure.

I agree with scores only really making sense on the same machine.

IMO, if you are changing anything from a stock setup, and then posting scores like you didnt change anything, thats cheating in my book.

#11038 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I agree with scores only really making sense on the same machine.
IMO, if you are changing anything from a stock setup, and then posting scores like you didnt change anything, thats cheating in my book.

It would be nice if scorbit could easily capture the games settings that were on when it was played. Then we could really compare different scores with different configurations. Could also have mini-competitions with particular settings to see who can do the best. We could really nerd out on the data.

(Granted, I say all of this having had my LE for about a week and not having tried scorbit myself yet.)

#11039 2 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

It would be nice if scorbit could easily capture the games settings that were on when it was played. Then we could really compare different scores with different configurations. Could also have mini-competitions with particular settings to see who can do the best. We could really nerd out on the data.
(Granted, I say all of this having had my LE for about a week and not having tried scorbit myself yet.)

I have only had my Wonka LE a couple weeks, and I have been curious about Scorbit, though not quite enough to actually try it. Are there any players here who use it and find any of the features really fun/interesting/compelling - want to tempt me with what I'm missing?

I'm a little surprised Scorbit doesn't collect that information or have a mode for only comparing scores with certain default or accepted configurations. Even with games setup the same way, there's still enough variability in each one (physical location / pitch / level, right and left outlane post arrangements, flipper angles, switch adjustments, etc) that I find it hard to really compare beyond broad ranges of scores across multiple instances of a machine. A player that can routinely get into the hundreds of thousands is different from one getting into the low millions is different from one hitting middle tens of millions (all presuming 2.0+ code - anybody hitting tens of millions pre-2.0 is a wizard). But, anything like a top-10 seems a little silly between such diverse setups.

#11040 2 years ago
Quoted from Vermont:

Its a good idea.

I could care less about Scorbit and will never install it, but your idea is on point.

#11041 2 years ago
Quoted from waveform:

I have only had my Wonka LE a couple weeks, and I have been curious about Scorbit, though not quite enough to actually try it. Are there any players here who use it and find any of the features really fun/interesting/compelling - want to tempt me with what I'm missing?
I'm a little surprised Scorbit doesn't collect that information or have a mode for only comparing scores with certain default or accepted configurations. Even with games setup the same way, there's still enough variability in each one (physical location / pitch / level, right and left outlane post arrangements, flipper angles, switch adjustments, etc) that I find it hard to really compare beyond broad ranges of scores across multiple instances of a machine. A player that can routinely get into the hundreds of thousands is different from one getting into the low millions is different from one hitting middle tens of millions (all presuming 2.0+ code - anybody hitting tens of millions pre-2.0 is a wizard). But, anything like a top-10 seems a little silly between such diverse setups.

I enjoy it as I can send my neighbors challenges and then 10 min later they are knocking on my door to play the game (im lucky to have 4 other neighbors with pins). My kiddos enjoy it and I like how it keeps your scores for you. The accomplishments really don't mean anything to me.

#11042 2 years ago

I’m not sure if everyone has a tendency to be a fair bit better at certain playfield layouts but I cannot get the hang of my stern JP. It’s been two years owning it and have improved but man I struggle to be consistent on it.

#11043 2 years ago

I’m not sure if everyone has a tendency to be a fair bit better at certain playfield layouts but I cannot get the hang of my stern JP. It’s been two years owning it and have improved but man I struggle to be consistent on it.

I haven't played an Elwin layout that "clicked" with me, but every Borg and Steve Ritchie game clicks almost immediately. And while I love Pat Lawlor, his layouts take some time for me to get into. Getting Wonka was a leap for me, as I hated the game the first time I played it but realized the more I played the more I liked it.

#11044 2 years ago

[quoted image]

OMG - We just got the game last week and I've touched 5 million and felt like I was transported to another universe. This must be other-worldly! Great score. Hope you had a lot of fun getting there.

#11045 2 years ago

My 12 year old is a wiz. Here’s his accomplishment from the Western MA pinball club last night.

(Yes, the inevitable has happened. He’s better than his old man).

2FAD16A8-3385-49C1-B3AF-8A0156971310 (resized).jpeg2FAD16A8-3385-49C1-B3AF-8A0156971310 (resized).jpeg
#11046 2 years ago

I just purchased NEO Pinstadium for our Wonka LE and I will post before and after pictures once it's delivered and installed.

#11047 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

I enjoy it as I can send my neighbors challenges and then 10 min later they are knocking on my door to play the game (im lucky to have 4 other neighbors with pins). My kiddos enjoy it and I like how it keeps your scores for you. The accomplishments really don't mean anything to me.

Quoted from jackd104:

My 12 year old is a wiz. Here’s his accomplishment from the Western MA pinball club last night.
(Yes, the inevitable has happened. He’s better than his old man).
[quoted image]

Wow! Great job!!!

Nothing better than doing it in person. Amazing...

#11048 2 years ago
Quoted from Spatacuulous:

OMG - We just got the game last week and I've touched 5 million and felt like I was transported to another universe. This must be other-worldly! Great score. Hope you had a lot of fun getting there.

Thank you! Had a blast…hands hurting good time Wonka is really fun. Mine is buttery smooth too. I hadn’t but a couple opportunities to play it before I bought it. So glad I pulled the trigger on it.

#11049 2 years ago

Here are a couple pictures. Will try getting a good video this weekend along with pictures from under the playfield.

PXL_20220310_000553445.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220310_000553445.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220310_005057311 (resized).jpgPXL_20220310_005057311 (resized).jpgPXL_20220310_005108165.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220310_005108165.MP (resized).jpg
#11050 2 years ago

Gotta golden ticket

90388B8D-7189-42D1-84C4-14D7E1120AD8 (resized).jpeg90388B8D-7189-42D1-84C4-14D7E1120AD8 (resized).jpeg

2221C1DF-8E7B-448E-8A4A-32DDB7F7433D (resized).jpeg2221C1DF-8E7B-448E-8A4A-32DDB7F7433D (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
9,600 (OBO)
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/221?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.