IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 279.
#1001 4 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

Any rumors as to when the CE will be shown?

Still 'soon' on seeing the CE.

Latest I've heard on production is: "CEs will likely start getting built in mid/late August!"

#1002 4 years ago

Seems to me the standard is the sensible choice.
I really dont fancy the look of the wonkavator lock, but the sidearts looks better, but not 2k$ better.

#1003 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Seems to me the standard is the sensible choice.
I really dont fancy the look of the wonkavator lock, but the sidearts looks better, but not 2k$ better.

The standard is a great machine in its own right! It's completely not "settling" to get one.

#1004 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The standard is a great machine in its own right! It's completely not "settling" to get one.

I agree. For me, I would add the shaker motor and the invisiglass, so bumping to the LE makes sense. I also really like the blue trim and the improved artwork. And I’m now officially in on an LE through Game Exchange in CO. They’re telling me I’ll be in the first shipment, so I’m super stoked. Just a few more weeks to wait!

#1005 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

I agree. For me, I would add the shaker motor and the invisiglass, so bumping to the LE makes sense. I also really like the blue trim and the improved artwork. And I’m now officially in on an LE through Game Exchange in CO. They’re telling me I’ll be in the first shipment, so I’m super stoked. Just a few more weeks to wait!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can install both a shaker and invisiglass for WAY less than $2K, unless I'm missing something?

#1006 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can install both a shaker and invisiglass for WAY less than $2K, unless I'm missing something?

Shaker and Invisiglass would be almost $500. I want the physical Wonkavator, and to me that's worth about $400. The blue armor and wireforms are worth another few hundred and the improved artwork another few hundred. Plus I don't have to install any of it. For me, it's worth the price.

#1007 4 years ago

Today the camera is working. Hope it stays that way

#1008 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I’m going to add a shaker to my SE, which will cost about $130. I don’t care about invisiglass at this time. The Wonkavator rules still work on the SE (just ask my GC wife...) and I like the black power coating - the game is still beautiful. To each their own, but the upgrades were not worth it to me (or maybe I just have less disposable income than some people). With the exception of a few mechanical issues, I am extremely thrilled with my SE purchase.

#1009 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I’m going to add a shaker to my SE, which will cost about $130. I don’t care about invisiglass at this time. The Wonkavator rules still work on the SE (just ask my GC wife...) and I like the black power coating - the game is still beautiful. To each their own, but the upgrades were not worth it to me (or maybe I just have less disposable income than some people). With the exception of a few mechanical issues, I am extremely thrilled with my SE purchase.

Man your wife has your GC too? I've been trying like hell to dethrone Susan.

I got SO CLOSE. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/452179035

#1010 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I agree that the SE is a good value. For me, I wanted the upgrades. I can't wait for it to arrive.

#1011 4 years ago

For those that put in a shaker, was this the one you installed? https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-assembly-for-jersey-jack-pinball-machines.html

TIA

#1013 4 years ago

Yes that’s the one! Screws right in and plugs right up. Very easy.

#1014 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes that’s the one! Screws right in and plugs right up. Very easy.

Thanks!

#1015 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I kinda feel like the only "exclusive" is the Wonkavator, versus Pirates had many features that were unobtainable for the smaller upgrade fee. 2K is about 28-29% of buying another JJP game at the same price model.

#1016 4 years ago

How about Wonka SE and a Stern Pro for the price of a CE. Haaa.

#1017 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

How about Wonka SE and a Stern Pro for the price of a CE. Haaa.

Yeah... If I had the cash, sure CE's are neato. But two games rather than one? Outside of space constraints, there's no downside.

#1018 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Yea the wonkavator mb is still there but i dont like the way it works as much on the se as it just continues to the pops after it counts the locks.... and there is no time to look at the cool animation with awesome light show like on the le with the physical ball lock. Its also nice to see how many balls are locked for that mb . All in all the se is a great value but i love the extras and the way the ball lock works on the le/ce.

#1019 4 years ago

Got a chance to play several games on an SE at Blizzard Pinball in CO today. Played a pre-production machine at MGC and had some reservations because of flipper strength. But this was a much different experience. I think the code is a blast and it is super fun to shoot. At times frustrating, but the right amount of challenge for me. Got wonkavator, gobstomper, kid (with only violet), and Oompa Loompa odyssey. It helped that I started with two locked balls on wonkavator. The streams have been fun to watch but it is even more of a blast to play. Definitely makes you want to hit start again.

D936F7D9-5D4D-4362-A749-40FFBC7D949C (resized).jpegD936F7D9-5D4D-4362-A749-40FFBC7D949C (resized).jpeg
#1020 4 years ago

so got my new ball trough today. Both because of my trough gap and because of an opto (have to send old one back)... UPS apparently hates pinball because they kicked the crap out of the box.
jjp_box_damage (resized).pngjjp_box_damage (resized).png

Fortunately whoever packed it used some good bubble wrap, everything looks intact. Before installing it wanted to take a measurement so I put a battery along the top so I had a surface to measure. It looks like I'm at 26.3mm which means I probably won't have the stuck ball issue anymore either. If I had to guess, the part was probably modeled at 26.5mm nominal with a plus or minus .5mm. This likely means some people will have zero issues, some will have issues only sometimes (if ball wedges itself), and a select few may have a gap big enough so the balls may drain right into the cabinet. I still don't get why this was increased 2.5mm from the original williams trough design? Make it your own fine, but make sure your tolerance stackup works.
dimension_trough_new (resized).pngdimension_trough_new (resized).png

#1021 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

so got my new ball trough today. Both because of my trough gap and because of an opto (have to send old one back)... UPS apparently hates pinball because they kicked the crap out of the box.
[quoted image]
Fortunately whoever packed it used some good bubble wrap, everything looks intact. Before installing it wanted to take a measurement so I put a battery along the top so I had a surface to measure. It looks like I'm at 26.3mm which means I probably won't have the stuck ball issue anymore either. If I had to guess, the part was probably modeled at 26.5mm nominal with a plus or minus .5mm. This likely means some people will have zero issues, some will have issues only sometimes (if ball wedges itself), and a select few may have a gap big enough so the balls may drain right into the cabinet. I still don't get why this was increased 2.5mm from the original williams trough design? Make it your own fine, but make sure your tolerance stackup works.
[quoted image]

Oooh, glad this got sorted out, and I appreciated how you took and shared measurements. I'd never have fathomed this issue could be so minuscule in how it's affected.

I work for USPS, and to get packages shipped en masse, these things are often dumped in containers, on belts, and I'm surprised any boxes arrive perfect. It's a rough system, but parcels get sent and received at fairly small cost, and quite quickly.

#1022 4 years ago

So i could probably not get a new trough with just the ball drain issue?

#1023 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Oooh, glad this got sorted out, and I appreciated how you took and shared measurements. I'd never have fathomed this issue could be so minuscule in how it's affected.
I work for USPS, and to get packages shipped en masse, these things are often dumped in containers, on belts, and I'm surprised any boxes arrive perfect. It's a rough system, but parcels get sent and received at fairly small cost, and quite quickly.

My dad designed 3 post office distribution centers at once - Detroit, Chicago, and I think St. Louis or somewhere in CA. If they are the same as what he designed about 40-50 years ago, he would get sooo mad when people blamed the post offices for damaged packages. He claimed that they over-pack the conveyor system and spiral shoots that he designed and they just jam it all up. A lot fewer packages were shipped 40 years ago. They are pushing past capacity for the almighty dollar and to avoid shipping delays. He had some interesting stories.

#1024 4 years ago

I’m getting a SE soon.You guys that have had one for awhile tell me why I made the right choice or should I have waited for something else?

#1025 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m getting a SE soon.You guys that have had one for awhile tell me why I made the right choice or should I have waited for something else?

Only you can be the judge... everyone is different. I love all pinball in some way but with limited room i have to be picky. I think wonka is amazing and i will have a le soon.

#1026 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Good choice!

#1027 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

So i could probably not get a new trough with just the ball drain issue?

Doubtful, I had multiple issues. Never know unless you ask.

Quoted from romulusx:

I've never found premium (JJP or Stern) to be worth the extra money they charge in general.. some pins more than others (metallica comes to mind, most prefer the pro). If you really like all the extra bling (and a shelf for physical ball lock), then I say go ahead. For my money, I'm perfectly happy with the SE. I also like the idea of one less mech to break. A lot of people complained when Stern "cheaped out" by doing virtual locks in the trough, but this wasn't just a cost savings, it's also one thing to lock balls not multiple. I do like some physical locks of the williams system 11 era, but if those were missing I don't think it would make it any less of a game.

#1028 4 years ago

Finally a Wonka Review!!!

#1029 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You've chosen an outstanding well built game. Don't second-guess it. Enjoy it!

#1030 4 years ago
Quoted from NathanN:

Thanks, didn’t catch it in the 5 other Wonka threads you just posted in

#1031 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Thanks, didn’t catch it in the 5 other Wonka threads you just posted in

Finally, we got a review!!!

#1032 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It's a great pin totally worth the SE price if you have deep pockets to spend buy the LE or CE, but if you are common Joe like me and the average pin collector SE will truly be perfect for you and save 2k, I own a SE and totally happy with it no regrets.

#1033 4 years ago
Quoted from NathanN:

Thank you for posting review.
Most don't take the time.
Jersey Jack pinball machines are amazing!
Very Excited on LE I'm waiting for.

#1034 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I had a CE ordered, played it at the show and went to a standard. I prefer the art on the back glass on the standard. I've always been iffy on invisiglass and shakers are game to game for me.

This standard at 7500, for me is the best value in pinball. (Man it sounds funny to say 7500 is a value) The black armor is great, they even clearcoared the side art so it almost looks like radicals.

It's an excellent machine, I've owned le's for my other jjp games, this time I liked the standard, and still love it

#1035 4 years ago

I have an LE on order now. This will be my second pin ever and my first JJP. I was told to expect it in 2-3 weeks. Here's hoping that estimate is accurate.

#1036 4 years ago

Wondering why GAP is selling the SE for $500 above retail? Or am I reading this wrong...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82162

#1037 4 years ago

Got my SE yesterday in Los Angeles. Loving it so far. No issues out of the box. Was born on 6.28.19. I had to up the power to the gobstobber return VUK and the kickout from the saucer, but otherwise, it's playing perfectly.

I leveled it at 6.5, curious what others have there's at. The game does feel a bit easy at 6.5, thinking I might crank it up to 6.7 or 7.0. I assumed it was designed for 6.5 like most pins but everyone once in a while you get a pin that's much better at 7.0, etc.

Happy customer here so far, couldn't be happier with my purchase.
8E6B2F2F-D6CB-4647-923D-6E3BA17B1911 (resized).JPG8E6B2F2F-D6CB-4647-923D-6E3BA17B1911 (resized).JPG

#1038 4 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Got my SE yesterday in Los Angeles. Loving it so far. No issues out of the box. Was born on 6.28.19. I had to up the power to the gobstobber return VUK and the kickoff from the saucer, but otherwise, it's playing perfectly.
I leveled it at 6.5, curious what others have there's at. The game does feel a bit easy at 6.5, thinking I might crank it up to 6.7 or 7.0. I assumed it was designed for 6.5 like most pins but everyone once in a while you get a pin that's much better at 7.0, etc.
Happy customer here so far, couldn't be happier with my purchase.[quoted image]

I'm at 7.0 currently. I played my first 300 at 6.8 so trying something different. Welcome to the club!

#1039 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Wondering why GAP is selling the SE for $500 above retail? Or am I reading this wrong...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82162

Overhead.

But seriously, that dude is bad news. Stay away.

#1040 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Overhead.
But seriously, that dude is bad news. Stay away.

I didn't realize manufacturers allowed their distributors to price gouge.

#1041 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I didn't realize manufacturers allowed their distributors to price gauge.

Gouge?

#1042 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I didn't realize manufacturers allowed their distributors to price gouge.

You do know what the definition of MAP is, right?

#1043 4 years ago

Gorge!

download (3) (resized).jpegdownload (3) (resized).jpeg
#1044 4 years ago

Stupid question perhaps that's already been asked/answered and I just missed it but... I keep seeing something about an additional post that's included but not installed that makes the game harder/easier... Could someone enlighten me as to what that's all about?

Thanks,
Jeff

#1045 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Stupid question perhaps that's already been asked/answered and I just missed it but... I keep seeing something about an additional post that's included but not installed that makes the game harder/easier... Could someone enlighten me as to what that's all about?
Thanks,
Jeff

I think they set the game up for location play, but JJP includes a post that can be installed on the left to make the outline drains less, and maybe better for some in a home environment.

#1046 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Thanks,
Jeff

The left outlane has two screw holes (one capped with a plastic bump.) You can put a post in that hole if you want, or move the bump and put it in the other hole, or neither.

IMG_1263.jpegIMG_1263.jpeg
#1047 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The left outlane has two screw holes (one capped with a plastic bump.) You can put a post in that hole if you want, or move the bump and put it in the other hole, or neither.[quoted image]

I'd heard the post is difficult to get by, if installed.

Is that accurate? Anyone?

(Pretty sure I recall you saying you weren't installing yours.)

#1048 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'd heard the post is difficult to get by, if installed.
Is that accurate? Anyone?
(Pretty sure I recall you saying you weren't installing yours.)

I had it installed briefly. If you have a rubber on it, the ball gets stuck. If you put it in without rubber, the help it offers is dubious.

#1049 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had it installed briefly. If you have a rubber on it, the ball gets stuck. If you put it in without rubber, the help it offers is dubious.

So you left it or removed it?

#1050 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I haven't installed mine yet, but I have heard similar. Would a smaller thickness of rubber than what they provide be a good sweet spot?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,600 (OBO)
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/21?hl=greenandwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.