IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 279.
#10851 2 years ago

Just curious, I heard the new 2.0 code made the game a bit more accessible. Does the new code make the game easier and if so has anyone adjusted the settings to increase difficulty? I still want an experience where its rather difficult to gain all of the Golden Tickets and get to the final wizard mode. I enjoy having games where it may take me years, if ever, to get to a final wizard mode.

#10852 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just curious, I heard the new 2.0 code made the game a bit more accessible. Does the new code make the game easier and if so has anyone adjusted the settings to increase difficulty? I still want an experience where its rather difficult to gain all of the Golden Tickets and get to the final wizard mode. I enjoy having games where it may take me years, if ever, to get to a final wizard mode.

Yes it's easier, but it's downgraded from "impossible" to "possible with a lot of work."

It's still quite difficult to get to the end. We have over 11K plays and my wife has gotten 4 golden tickets twice.

Don't worry, the challenge is still there...it's just better balanced and a lot more fun.

#10853 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

But there’s two lanes under the TV, which one do you shoot for?

The right one

#10854 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Has anyone used this customer shooter rod from mod father? Do you like it?
https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/willy-wonka/products/wonka-everlasting-gobstopper-shooter
I think it looks more like a gobstopper than the other mod I’ve seen at many sites which is like a bunch of hexagons bunched together.
Is the JJP part used on the CE’s available anywhere? Anyone tried to get one from JJP?
Thx
Jack

I got this one for my SE, it was great to use

#10855 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes it's easier, but it's downgraded from "impossible" to "possible with a lot of work."
It's still quite difficult to get to the end. We have over 11K plays and my wife has gotten 4 golden tickets twice.
Don't worry, the challenge is still there...it's just better balanced and a lot more fun.

Great to hear, thank you. That's awesome you have so many plays on your Wonka! Have you found it easier to collect all the golden tickets with the latest update?

Does anyone know what the higher difficulty presets do and if they set the game back to the difficulty level pre 2.0 update?

#10856 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Joining the club, ordered one of the last Wonka LE's from Classic Game Rooms. My go to and favorite distributor is sold out. Had a good experience ordering from Jason. I see that Flip N Out pinball is asking $11k for a Wonka LE with a 2" nick to the cabinet decals and $12k for what may be his last NIB one...

Got my SE from Jason last year, great transaction, great game!

#10857 2 years ago

Apparently my Wonka has a screw manufacturing plant under the glass. I've found a total of four screws rolling down the playfield. I found where two go (plastic camera mount) but I cannot see where the other two came from. Are there any "hot spots" where screws are known to come out? I've never had this many screws fall out after only a few hundred plays. I know eventually I'll see the holes, but I'm reluctant to play it with two screws missing.

#10858 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Apparently my Wonka has a screw manufacturing plant under the glass. I've found a total of four screws rolling down the playfield.

Sorry, I can't help you on this, but thanks for the laugh this morning! We've all been there. Good luck finding where those screws go!

#10859 2 years ago

hey all - i just got a NIB WW LE! When I first turned it on it went into safe mode, I used the paper clip trick to "Reboot" the CPU- Bam, it fired up and turned on- However now I have no sound.... I checked the cables on the audio board- all seem good- I adjusted the volume at the coin door and the external volume controller- still no sound- Has anyone experienced this? Thank you - I am dying to play my new beauty but I have no sound

#10860 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Great to hear, thank you. That's awesome you have so many plays on your Wonka! Have you found it easier to collect all the golden tickets with the latest update?
Does anyone know what the higher difficulty presets do and if they set the game back to the difficulty level pre 2.0 update?

Well, we played for almost 2 years and never exceeded 2 tickets.
After 2.0 we've seen 3 tickets a few times and 4 tickets twice. So easier but not blindingly so.

BTW I was a beta tester on 2.0, enter candy code 102307!

#10861 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

BTW I was a beta tester on 2.0, enter candy code 102307!

I'll be the one to ask: What does "enter candy code 102307" mean? And it's awesome that you were a beta tester, I think I could do that sort of thing well. I think.

#10862 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I'll be the one to ask: What does "enter candy code 102307" mean? And it's awesome that you were a beta tester, I think I could do that sort of thing well. I think.

Read here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-candy-kodes

#10863 2 years ago

I still dont understand the point of them. Seem pointless.

#10864 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Apparently my Wonka has a screw manufacturing plant under the glass. I've found a total of four screws rolling down the playfield. I found where two go (plastic camera mount) but I cannot see where the other two came from. Are there any "hot spots" where screws are known to come out? I've never had this many screws fall out after only a few hundred plays. I know eventually I'll see the holes, but I'm reluctant to play it with two screws missing.

I had some loose screws. Same deal, I didn’t know where from. It bothered me a lot so one day I just spent a long time looking all over. It helped to recognize the exact type of screw then realize what type of thing they were used for in general on the playfield. In my case They were falling out from behind the Wonkavator physical lock assembly - Four screws in the back right on top holding the solenoid that controls the lock plunger. I also had one screw fall out from under the smokestack causing the smokestack to rotate to the right.

#10865 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I had some loose screws. Same deal, I didn’t know where from. It bothered me a lot so one day I just spent a long time looking all over. It helped to recognize the exact type of screw then realize what type of thing they were used for in general on the playfield. In my case They were falling out from behind the Wonkavator physical lock assembly - Four screws in the back right on top holding the solenoid that controls the lock plunger. I also had one screw fall out from under the smokestack causing the smokestack to rotate to the right.

It's funny you say that, as my Wonkavator keeps releasing the ball once or twice immediately after locking it. When did that start? The moment the last screw appeared. I finally connected the dots last night but haven't had a chance to look back there yet.

#10866 2 years ago

Awesome, thanks! It's funny how someone commented that it was maybe paying homage to Mortal Kombat. The fonts are very similar (just look at the letter "a"). And the fact they're Candy (K)odes! I immediately saw the resemblance. Now I need to go code combing...

#10867 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

It's funny you say that, as my Wonkavator keeps releasing the ball once or twice immediately after locking it. When did that start? The moment the last screw appeared. I finally connected the dots last night but haven't had a chance to look back there yet.

I bet your diverter flag cam loose and fell off. When it does, it will lie flat in the upper orbit and your ball can roll over it.

Simple to fix. You can remove the coil/post from under the playfield. Screw the flag back on, and then re-insert it.

I had the same exact issue as you describe (balls going into Wonkavator and getting instantly released) and also found two loose screws. this was the prob! Balls that weren’t traveling fast enough would naturally fall into the Wonkavator… the machine would kick them up and instantly recognize it as an error and release them.

I put some blue loctite on the screws before reassembly. Haven’t had an issue since
603BDCCA-AEFC-443A-9B45-4CF090DD79C4 (resized).jpeg603BDCCA-AEFC-443A-9B45-4CF090DD79C4 (resized).jpegB3039AC7-C114-4C6F-BDDB-380D69BD0B8D (resized).jpegB3039AC7-C114-4C6F-BDDB-380D69BD0B8D (resized).jpeg

#10868 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Awesome, thanks! It's funny how someone commented that it was maybe paying homage to Mortal Kombat. The fonts are very similar (just look at the letter "a"). And the fact they're Candy (K)odes! I immediately saw the resemblance. Now I need to go code combing...

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pinball/262547-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory/faqs/78127

#10869 2 years ago

Loose screws seems to be a recurring theme. Is this common with Nib games? Or is it a JJP or ww thing? Ww was my first nib so it’s an honest unloaded question.

#10870 2 years ago

I entered the ww candy code with the flipper buttons and the first game it started to launch an extra ball and soon after I am getting error all optos are active check 5 volt.

I reflowed the power and still same,strange it happened first game out.,anyway I will contact jjp ,any thoughts.

Thanks

#10871 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Loose screws seems to be a recurring theme. Is this common with Nib games? Or is it a JJP or ww thing? Ww was my first nib so it’s an honest unloaded question.

Something…e-clip, spring, screw…etc. seems to happen to all of them.
at least for me parts seem to end up on the speaker magnet

#10872 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I entered the ww candy code with the flipper buttons and the first game it started to launch an extra ball and soon after I am getting error all optos are active check 5 volt.
I reflowed the power and still same,strange it happened first game out.,anyway I will contact jjp ,any thoughts.
Thanks

Sorry to hear that, I had the extra ball launching issue as well, the trough board reflow worked for me but you may need to exchange the whole board (JJP offered that but was quicker for me to give the reflow a shot, no issues since then).

On the screw loose topic, I had a smokestack screw come loose as well.

#10873 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Thanks

I reflowed solder several times on mine. Would work for a few games then start again. After replacing both opto boards it’s been solid.

#10874 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I reflowed solder several times on mine. Would work for a few games then start again. After replacing both opto boards it’s been solid.

I re reflowed and I Also did the transmitters and receivers that I did not do the first time and bam good to go.
Thanks

#10875 2 years ago

For those Wonka fans who use Scorbit, we're pleased to announce that Scorbit v1.2 is here, with some major changes to challenges and playing flow.

Check out the details in the Scorbit thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/11#post-6788938

#10876 2 years ago

Can anyone suggest a solution. My Wonka has about zero space for side blades and I need to add lights. I don't like how dark it is. Has anyone added lights to brighten the playfield that isn't pinstadiums? (I don't think pinstadiums will fit)

#10877 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Can anyone suggest a solution. My Wonka has about zero space for side blades and I need to add lights. I don't like how dark it is. Has anyone added lights to brighten the playfield that isn't pinstadiums? (I don't think pinstadiums will fit)

Pinstadiums work fine and make a huge difference. Have them on my LE.

#10878 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

This may not be the solution you’re looking for but I got this floor lamp for the game room. It’s great for pins because you can adjust the color temp and brightness to add the perfect amount of light and it’s remote controlled. The lamp can also be pointed like a spot light. Didn’t by for ww specifically but as I get older just can’t see as well and it’s been good a solution for me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09J1YWN8X

#10879 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

This may not be the solution you’re looking for but I got this floor lamp for the game room. It’s great for pins because you can adjust the color temp and brightness to add the perfect amount of light and it’s remote controlled. The lamp can also be pointed like a spot light. Didn’t by for ww specifically but as I get older just can’t see as well and it’s been good a solution for me.
amazon.com link »

I hold a flashlight in my mouth when I play in the dark

#10880 2 years ago

Thanks guys. I think I am going to try Pinstadiums. If it doesn't fit I will let y'all know.

#10881 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Thanks guys. I think I am going to try Pinstadiums. If it doesn't fit I will let y'all know.

I put pinstdiums on me se with side artblades and the left side is crazy tight! But I did snag these from Pinballife and they work great once ya get them wedged in to lift the playfield.

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#10882 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

I put pinstdiums on me se with side artblades and the left side is crazy tight! But I did snag these from Pinballife and they work great once ya get them wedged in to lift the playfield.
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

Thanks, These are exactly what I need. Scott at Pinstadium is super on the costumer support. Great guy too.

#10883 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Thanks, These are exactly what I need. Scott at Pinstadium is super on the costumer support. Great guy too.

Don’t add pinstadiums…. Just my 2 cents. Overpriced, yes, but end up ruining the vibe of the game. Enjoy the light show as intended.

#10884 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Don’t add pinstadiums…. Just my 2 cents. Overpriced, yes, but end up ruining the vibe of the game. Enjoy the light show as intended.

To each there own. I like playing in the dark and even though I have the machine turn to bright I’m still losing the ball sometimes. They are definitely expensive but they seem easy enough to install or transfer.

Anyone else here have Pinstadium on their Wonka?

#10885 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

To each there own. I like playing in the dark and even though I have the machine turn to bright I’m still losing the ball sometimes. They are definitely expensive but they seem easy enough to install or transfer.

I have pinstadiums in all my pins. To me they make a world of difference. I too play in the dark and they do an amazing job lighting the PF and add a lot to the game.

I just picked up WW and will be putting in pinstadiums soon.

#10886 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I have Pinstadiums on my WW LE. Great upgrade and highly recommended!

#10887 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I've come across a problem on my new build Wonka LE, maybe 60 plays to date.
The game tells me the Elevator Lockup #3 (right) switch is stuck closed. In Wonkavator test mode, that opto does not register. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Update:

I've been working with Ken at JJP, optos and wiring are okay, looks like the I/O board is the culprit. JJP are sending me a replacement.

#10888 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Yes. I got the neos and it really brings out the best in the game.

#10889 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Yes. I got the neos and it really brings out the best in the game.

Cool, I am really excited. My kids are going to be ecstatic.

#10890 2 years ago

LE #1156 showed up at my house yesterday! Got it set up late last night and only had time for a couple of plays before bed. So far the only issue I found is that the lockdown bar is really loose. I’ll have to check into how to adjust that. Otherwise, everything looks great!

#10891 2 years ago

I just added a Wonka LE to my stable- Purchased from automated services on Connecticut- My second NIB machine from them- they have been great! I did add pinstadiums- I highly recommend them in this machine- they really make the playfield pop and its fun to mess around with different colors. So far I absolutely love WW-

#10892 2 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

LE #1156 showed up at my house yesterday! Got it set up late last night and only had time for a couple of plays before bed. So far the only issue I found is that the lockdown bar is really loose. I’ll have to check into how to adjust that. Otherwise, everything looks great!

You just tighten down the two brass screws. I had this as well.

#10893 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I never understood the need for them either. If you want it brighter, turn up the room lights.

#10894 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

You just tighten down the two brass screws. I had this as well.

I tried that yesterday but it didn't seem to help. I bet I didn't screw them in far enough. I'll give it another look this evening. Thanks!

#10895 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I never understood the need for them either. If you want it brighter, turn up the room lights.

Room lighting isn't always enough. There's also been several occasions where the room lighting causes a terrible glare on the glass, like a can light directly overhead, so it's better to play with the room lighting off. Even with good lighting, the pin stadiums are a great supplement. Especially for those of us with bad eyesight.

#10896 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I added mirror blades. The space is tight, but if you do it right they will fit.

#10897 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Absolutely, have Pinstadiums on all my machines. it's the only way to go if you like to play in the dark.

#10898 2 years ago

Is the original plastic that goes here sold somewhere other than JJP? I want to go back to it. JJP said they are out of stock.

32E3D1EC-8063-4E26-80DD-30D829E7936D (resized).jpeg32E3D1EC-8063-4E26-80DD-30D829E7936D (resized).jpeg

#10899 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Is the original plastic that goes here sold somewhere other than JJP? I want to go back to it. JJP said they are out of stock.
[quoted image]

What don't you like about that mod? Just curious, I don't have it, but it looks nice.

#10900 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

[quoted image]

I can check and see where mine might be. I replaced mine with colored ones.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1080923679/willy-wonka-10-piece-color-guard

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,600 (OBO)
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/218?hl=geddy2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.