IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 280.
#10751 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

The only thing I've seen about this is from the TWIP rundown:
"You can also switch which insert is lit within each of the four sections (for example, hitting the spinner will switch which multiplier insert is lit). Once one or more are of these inserts are lit, you can start the mode/insert at the “!”."
So I don't know how you change the other mode selections. Maybe JJP will read all these comments about rule confusion and write up a rule guide.

Would be helpful indeed. I appreciate people finding things out but these bare basics should really be communicated more effectively.

#10752 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I read and hear so much about the pops being brutal in this game and going SDTM. Am I the only one that doesn’t experience that? I feel like my game is magical haha.
Also - dumb question of the day but I know you hit the right shot under the tv to start modes but is it just random for them to be selected? I know I also hit that shot (when it’s blinking red) to get those random benefits that are printed on the paper and ripped off on the display but to actually qualify a mode and have it pop up to start - what exactly requires that?
I often find myself being able to go through all of those modes, get two tickets, start wonka’s office but then I’m back and not really sure what’s next. I’m sure it’s restarting and achieving kid MB and gb mb to get tickets right? Do folks often find themselves having those left to proceed more through the game or is there a better strategy….?

1. Do a full plunge or a hard right orbit shot and you'll experience it

2. The selected modes are not random and you can control which one(s) you will start:

- Shooting the factory ramp qualifies the blue factory mode. Shooting it when qualified will cycle through the modes before you start.
- Shooting the captive ball qualifies the orange mode. Shooting it when qualified will cycle through the modes before you start.
- Shooting the orbit toggles qualifies the pink SuperX mode. Shooting it when qualified will cycle through the superX modes before you start.

As for the "computer paper" modes, I believe those follow a set cycle.

Your golden tickets are:

- Kid MB (review my video for details on this, you must be mindful of which kids are active and what the kid jackpot shots are)
- Gobstopper MB
- Factory modes
- Wonkavator
- Gobstopper (a "gimme")

You can always visit instant info to check on your progress against each ticket.

#10753 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomRetro:

Repair tips? So I noticed a little movement on my left in-lanes center post. Took a closer look and verified it was moving and noticed a caused a little chip in the clear coat. While annoying not a terribly big deal, and I was going to put a small washer and retighten things down to make sure it doesn't get worse. But I can't unscrew it, it just spins as if the threaded rivet in the playfield is loose. Suggestions are welcome.
[quoted image]

I think that post has a nylon locking nut on the underside of the playfield. You need to raise the playfield and hold or twist that nut with a socket driver while holding or twisting the post on top at the same time. Sometimes it's enough to just hold the post with your fingers while twisting on the nut underneath, sometimes you may need to carefully grip the post with a plier or small crescent wrench (use a cloth to protect post if using pliers).

#10754 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

As for the "computer paper" modes, I believe those follow a set cycle.

That seems true. You can also cycle the qualified computer mode by hitting the stand-up target immediately to the right of the camera ramp. This is good when you are needing that Super Lock for wonkavator!

#10755 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I think that post has a nylon locking nut on the underside of the playfield. You need to raise the playfield and hold or twist that nut with a socket driver while holding or twisting the post on top at the same time. Sometimes it's enough to just hold the post with your fingers while twisting on the nut underneath, sometimes you may need to carefully grip the post with a plier or small crescent wrench (use a cloth to protect post if using pliers).

#faceplam totally right with the nylon locking nut. Just looked and confirmed this. Thanks.

#10756 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

My headphone jack does not work on my CE and the volume control is wired backwards.

My LE Came with the headphones not working. I found it was slightly unplugged (not totally disconnected). Pushed it in and was all set.

#10757 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

My LE Came with the headphones not working. I found it was slightly unplugged (not totally disconnected). Pushed it in and was all set.

I have never tried to fix it because it did not bother me and I never use them, but will give that a try. I have fun with guest on the volume saying up is down and down is up like Wonka wanted it.

#10758 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Have you seen my tutorial video? It's a little out of date (they relaxed some of the things that made it super difficult) but the overall goals/rules are the same.

thanks for sharing! I think I have used that to understand things better. Much appreciated!

#10759 2 years ago

About to order the Tibetan Breeze cooling fans for my GNRLE and wanted to know If anyone had them on there Wonka?

#10760 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

My headphone jack does not work on my CE and the volume control is wired backwards.

My headphone jack didn't work at all on a DI LE that I used to have.

Found out that the plug behind the jack had been connected upside down. Did a 180 on the plug and it worked fine!

#10761 2 years ago

Btw, I am a 3rd owner of an SE Wonka and saw the camera indicator / red light was out. Tried many ways to fix it, but ultimately realized it had been wired wrong from the factory presumably. Pulled a wire out and put it the right spot and now it works. Curious if mine was the only one.

#10762 2 years ago
Quoted from prentice:

Btw, I am a 3rd owner of an SE Wonka and saw the camera indicator / red light was out. Tried many ways to fix it, but ultimately realized it had been wired wrong from the factory presumably. Pulled a wire out and put it the right spot and now it works. Curious if mine was the only one.

Hmm... I'll have to start paying more attention because I haven't noticed the light working on my machine. I wonder if I have a similar issue. Unless it's very subtle, I think I would have noticed it turning on and off by now.

#10763 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I read and hear so much about the pops being brutal in this game and going SDTM. Am I the only one that doesn’t experience that? I feel like my game is magical haha.

I haven't had any issues with the pops being brutal. If you have your game dialed in on pitch and level it does plays magical.

#10764 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I've come across a problem on my new build Wonka LE, maybe 60 plays to date.
The game tells me the Elevator Lockup #3 (right) switch is stuck closed. In Wonkavator test mode, that opto does not register. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Ken at JJP responded to my ticket within 24 hours, suggested I check the connector under the playfield that runs the optos. Everything looked good, reseated the connector snugly, no change.

#10765 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Mine never went SDTM from the pops until after a few hundred games. It's interesting how the game changed after it broke in. The upper left flipper shot changed, the pops changed, a lot of small things "fell into place" it seems. Not big changes, but noticeable differences.

#10766 2 years ago

Joining the club with a NIB LE! Now for the fun wait to see that truck pulling up in front of the house. Super excited for this one!

#10767 2 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Joining the club with a NIB LE! Now for the fun wait to see that truck pulling up in front of the house. Super excited for this one!

Congrats! You will love it, it is such a great game. I appreciate the design of this machine more than ever after playing for a year. Only minor "regret" is "just" getting an SE instead of LE or CE. But at the time even $7500 for a new SE seemed crazy expensive! But I love my SE. It is never leaving the house.

#10768 2 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Me too! Mine is supposed to arrive on Tuesday, though shipments to my location seem to often be delayed. Compulsively refreshing the tracking page multiple times a day - it is at least in this state now

#10769 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Usually happens as the post loosen. Gotta check every three days of playing and tighten posts. Thread locker may work.
Its what was noticed on JJP G&R.

That's interesting. I figured it would be from over tightening. How do the washers prevent pooling if cause is posts getting loose? Maybe as someone asked pooling is just hidden under the washers. Sorry, I bet some of the long time WW owners are tired of this topic.

#10770 2 years ago

Just joined the club this week. WWLE # 1118, born date 12/21. Sitting right next to my GNR. Jersey Jacks pins are impressive. I added mirror blades and next week I'll be getting a few more mods.

IMG_3268 (resized).jpegIMG_3268 (resized).jpeg
#10771 2 years ago

I’m embarrassed I don’t know this as I have a lot of time and good scores on this game.

What qualifies super lock (I know there is a mode, maybe orange arrow at saucer from captive ball)? Anything else?

What causes the diverter on the middle/left ramp that blocks the ball and drops it to the upper left flipper? I’ve had a super lock lit and can’t intentionally get the ball to that flipper! I guess I need to know how!

#10772 2 years ago

Super lock is qualified in a few ways. One it’s one of the computer awards. Two it’s one of the captive ball mystery awards. Three every third factory mode you start will light super lock. On this last point, every three is what the game manual indicates however my WW came with this set to four, so I changed it to three.

On your second question. If super lock is lit, that will activate the diverter so you just need to hit the gobstopper or camera ramp. However if scumdiddlyumptious collection is lit (the hat lamp by gobstopper target) the diverter won’t activate. That is really annoying when trying to score super lock. So in that case you have to wait for the hat to unlite or collect it first.

#10773 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Super lock is qualified in a few ways. One it’s one of the computer awards. Two it’s one of the captive ball mystery awards. Three every third factory mode you start will light super lock. On this last point, every three is what the game manual indicates however my WW came with this set to four, so I changed it to three.
On your second question. If super lock is lit, that will activate the diverter so you just need to hit the gobstopper or camera ramp. However if scumdiddlyumptious collection is lit (the hat lamp by gobstopper target) the diverter won’t activate. That is really annoying when trying to score super lock. So in that case you have to wait for the hat to unlite or collect it first.

Thank you! On the second question, what causes the diverter to drop the ball from the ramp when superlock is not lit?

#10774 2 years ago

Hey all! I joined the club last weekend as I have posted.

One of the previous owners of my Wonka had used, I’m assuming windex, on the invisaglass and left burnt in drip marks in the finish. Many markings all over the glass. I was determined to get it back to looking good.

I tried many experiments with different solutions. Today I gave a product we all have in our pinball tool box. Novus2!

Shazam! The novus2 totally made the etched in markings disappear. I am so pumped! Definitely didn’t want to buy another sheet of invisaglass.

I thought I would share this remedy with my fellow Pinsiders as I am sure there are others who have encountered this terrible result from using the wrong product to clean their Invisaglass.

#10775 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Hey all! I joined the club last weekend as I have posted.
One of the previous owners of my Wonka had used, I’m assuming windex, on the invisaglass and left burnt in drip marks in the finish. Many markings all over the glass. I was determined to get it back to looking good.
I tried many experiments with different solutions. Today I gave a product we all have in our pinball tool box. Novus2!
Shazam! The novus2 totally made the etched in markings disappear. I am so pumped! Definitely didn’t want to buy another sheet of invisaglass.
I thought I would share this remedy with my fellow Pinsiders as I am sure there are others who have encountered this terrible result from using the wrong product to clean their Invisaglass.

You should start a thread and post this

#10776 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Thank you! On the second question, what causes the diverter to drop the ball from the ramp when superlock is not lit?

Ah. It’s basically when there are any worthy shots for the upper left flipper qualified, like gum targets or something for the right loop. There’s a number of cases for that. Like say fizzy lifting drink room shot in the right loop or any other mode lit there. The yellow light by the upper left flipper will be lit when diverter is active.

#10777 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Hmm... I'll have to start paying more attention because I haven't noticed the light working on my machine. I wonder if I have a similar issue. Unless it's very subtle, I think I would have noticed it turning on and off by now.

It’s a bright red light atop the camera and comes on frequently (any time it takes your photo when hitting that ramp). Let me know if you need help on a fix, I actually just looked at the adjacent connectors near that one and realized mine looked different. I pulled the black wire from one hole and into another to fix it. Didn’t even solder or anything, it held well on its own.

#10778 2 years ago
Quoted from prentice:

It’s a bright red light atop the camera and comes on frequently (any time it takes your photo when hitting that ramp). Let me know if you need help on a fix, I actually just looked at the adjacent connectors near that one and realized mine looked different. I pulled the black wire from one hole and into another to fix it. Didn’t even solder or anything, it held well on its own.

Mine isn’t working… details would be appreciated!

#10779 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You should start a thread and post this

I was considering it but you’re the only positive response I’ve gotten. LOL Everyone else thinks I’m an idiot and have just taken the finish off my glass. First of all it was already ruined IMO. What I have done has saved the glass. Truth be told, it did NOT take the finish off and I have saved myself from throwing away a really expensive piece of glass

#10780 2 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

That could be. I think I had 248 bars on that game. It makes sense that they would tie the mode to Wonka bars. The lady in the movie had to "think about" whether to surrender her case of Wonka bars for her husbands release.... after saying she would pay anything, anything!

I forgot about that in the movie! Before your post, Ransom was this rando mode that didn’t make sense.

#10781 2 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

That's interesting. I figured it would be from over tightening. How do the washers prevent pooling if cause is posts getting loose? Maybe as someone asked pooling is just hidden under the washers. Sorry, I bet some of the long time WW owners are tired of this topic.

But every last chipping on my G&R was because of post loosening.
Also, when I asked JJP for a torque specification the answer resembled there isnt one. Can be from that too, sure. But probably not for the factory that way.

Washers may 1) call for a longer screw for the post 2) help keep the factory spec “stable” longer. - meaning the problems shows after years 3) help distribute (soften) the movement enough for the bands to stretch enough preventing one root cause of the problem 4) a combo 5) something my dumb a$$ didnt think of in the 30 sec to think actuarially cross-referenced through science (physics & chemistry (plastic field) in this case).

#10782 2 years ago

Has anyone noticed WW chewing up pinballs comparatively faster than other games? After 100 games or so the balls are rougher than many hundreds of games in other machines. Same type of balls (standard balls from Marco or pinball life). Not really complaining Just finding this curious. I’ve changed balls about five times ina month. Here’s a pic like I said can’t be more than 100 games

A246FAEA-8CE2-44E0-8384-0465D203C90F (resized).jpegA246FAEA-8CE2-44E0-8384-0465D203C90F (resized).jpeg
#10783 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Has anyone noticed WW chewing up pinballs comparatively faster than other games? After 100 games or so the balls are rougher than many hundreds of games in other machines. Same type of balls (standard balls from Marco or pinball life). Not really complaining Just finding this curious. I’ve changed balls about five times ina month. Here’s a pic like I said can’t be more than 100 games[quoted image]

AIQ Premium & Primus (like) eats pinballs.

#10784 2 years ago

AIQ Premium & Primus eats pinballs.

#10785 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Has anyone noticed WW chewing up pinballs comparatively faster than other games? After 100 games or so the balls are rougher than many hundreds of games in other machines. Same type of balls (standard balls from Marco or pinball life). Not really complaining Just finding this curious. I’ve changed balls about five times ina month. Here’s a pic like I said can’t be more than 100 games[quoted image]

Wow, I need to check mine, still have the originals (roughly 500 games). Figured they would be good to 1K. Is there anything on Wonka that would wear balls faster? Maybe the metal to metal of the newton ball?

#10786 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Mine isn’t working… details would be appreciated!

Attaching a picture of the incorrect factory wiring. You can see the pattern of correct locations for the black wire is not the same for the camera LED. I was able to gently pull the black wire out and stick back into the correct spot as seen on these other two connectors.

E9216152-AEC4-4E0C-B3CF-193002450ABE (resized).jpegE9216152-AEC4-4E0C-B3CF-193002450ABE (resized).jpeg
#10787 2 years ago
Quoted from prentice:

Attaching a picture of the incorrect factory wiring. You can see the pattern of correct locations for the black wire is not the same for the camera LED. I was able to gently pull the black wire out and stick back into the correct spot as seen on these other two connectors. [quoted image]

Excellent troubleshooting!

#10788 2 years ago

On the subject of the camera, what qualifies it to take your picture? And what does it mean when your picture floats on the wonkavision screen?

#10789 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

On the subject of the camera, what qualifies it to take your picture? And what does it mean when your picture floats on the wonkavision screen?

Shooting the camera ramp when the red light on the camera is on.

It doesn't mean anything, it's just representing sucking you into the Wonkavision like the movie.

#10790 2 years ago

Speaking of photos: what determines whether the photo for a high score comes from mid- game or snapped after finishing a game? I've had it do both. The gameplay photos are often blurry or show concentration that could be confused with the facial expression of constipation. My friends and I have had some good laughs, but I'd rather have better photos.

#10791 2 years ago

Fact: the JJP camera adds roughly 20 pounds and 20 years. Only explanation I have for the horrible photos of some grumpy looking old man that keeps getting high scores on my machine.

#10792 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Fact: the JJP camera adds roughly 20 pounds and 20 years. Only explanation I have for the horrible photos of some grumpy looking old man that keeps getting high scores on my machine.

Hahaha!!

#10793 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Hehe Can confirm.

The problem is that it takes the photo when you're concentrating on other things, making it hard to pose for a good one.

#10794 2 years ago
Quoted from prentice:

Recently my diverter mech has started buzzing loudly whenever activated. Functionally the game plays fine and as intended but I’m worried about the motor burning out or something. Here’s a link to a 3s video. Any tips on addressing this?
https://imgur.com/a/M9kWd9r

Anyone else experienced this buzzing issue? Also it appears that the diverter just barely moves, even though it works as intended despite that limited motion. (I don't know what it normally looks like when diverting, though.)

#10795 2 years ago
Quoted from prentice:

Anyone else experienced this buzzing issue? Also it appears that the diverter just barely moves, even though it works as intended despite that limited motion. (I don't know what it normally looks like when diverting, though.)

Any chance the mod is interfering with motion?

Some buzzing is normal when it's engaged but I'm pretty sure mine moves further down.

#10796 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

The same grumpy old man is all over my machine. So weird!

#10797 2 years ago

Does anyone know if JJP is done running Wonka now?

#10798 2 years ago

But every last chipping on my G&R was because of post loosening.
Also, when I asked JJP for a torque specification the answer resembled there isnt one. Can be from that too, sure. But probably not for the factory that way.
Washers may 1) call for a longer screw for the post 2) help keep the factory spec “stable” longer. - meaning the problems shows after years 3) help distribute (soften) the movement enough for the bands to stretch enough preventing one root cause of the problem 4) a combo 5) something my dumb a$$ didnt think of in the 30 sec to think actuarially cross-referenced through science (physics & chemistry (plastic field) in this case).

I think somewhere in there you must have hit the nail on the head. More than likely the actual cause is more than one thing and therefore the fix will probably remain a bit abstract. If it was crystal clear I think it would have come out from JJP or someone by now. Seems like lots of JJP games are affected by this. I especially enjoyed number 5.

#10799 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Those don't look good. Yes that can wear your game quicker. Will check mine tonight and try to post tomorrow. Mine is somewhere just over 100 plays. Thanks for posting!

#10800 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

I'm sure a lot of it was intentional by the designers. That way you investigate and learn the game as you go along. Part of the fun of a new pinball machine is discovering the rules and strategies as you go.

No.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/216 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.