IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,933 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 279.
#10601 2 years ago

I'm curious: What do you all think of the Willie Wonka movie? I generally don't care much about the themes for my pins (I have zero interest in soccer but love my World Cup Soccer), but I know the Wonka theme definitely pulls me in. It's like playing a giant adult Fisher Price toy on steroids.

Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is a Top 3 movie for me. You?

(and if you have to ask which Wonka movie I'm referring to, we can't be friends)

#10602 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I'm curious: What do you all think of the Willie Wonka movie? I generally don't care much about the themes for my pins (I have zero interest in soccer but love my World Cup Soccer), but I know the Wonka theme definitely pulls me in. It's like playing a giant adult Fisher Price toy on steroids.
(and if you have to ask which Wonka movie I'm referring to, we can't be friends)

Its the main reason I bought this machine. I have always loved the movie (original). It has a bit of everthing in it, humor, sadness, mystery... This was a dream theme for me. I actually blind bought the machine. Luckily, I like it haha.

Now, I am still very annoyed they changed it from "Brat" to "kid" on the machine ha.

#10603 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Yep the original Wonka movie would make my 10 deserted island movies. It would be the movie that most takes me back to my childhood.

Gene Wilder was born for this role. His dry/sarcastic wit as he calls out the abhorrent traits of the children on the tour is priceless. It still rings true today and every new parent should watch this with their kids frequently to remind future offspring how not to be a little a$$hat in life.

SOOOOO bummed they changed BRAT to KID. The Dahl family forced this change as I hear.

Regardless Wonka is a GREAT pin and I’m very happy that Pat and the team served the theme exceptionally well!

Would be the last pin standing if I had to sell all my machines.

#10604 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I hadn't seen it in about 25 years, then my kids watched it and I saw it again and realized how great it is (the kind of movie they just won't make now). When I saw my kids watching it over and over I thought it was a good time to get the game. Now my 7 year old daughter is always wanting to play pinball whereas she never cared about it before.

#10605 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

SOOOOO bummed they changed BRAT to KID.

I wonder where the prototype play fields went. Hm....

#10606 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Love it, a true classic and a must have for me. It was so unexpected to see that them. It's just now been 50 years since release. To top if off Pat & the team did such a nice job with it. What a great pin!

Quoted from Rager170:

Its the main reason I bought this machine. I have always loved the movie (original). It has a bit of everthing in it, humor, sadness, mystery... This was a dream theme for me. I actually blind bought the machine. Luckily, I like it haha.
Now, I am still very annoyed they changed it from "Brat" to "kid" on the machine ha.

How very sad that you can't call those naughty kids a Brat today. Wake up Dahl family! Wait a minute, sounds like they are "woke".

#10607 2 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

How very sad that you can't call those naughty kids a Brat today. Wake up Dahl family! Wait a minute, sounds like they are "woke".

God please don't bring your politics into pinball.

#10608 2 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Love it, a true classic and a must have for me. It was so unexpected to see that them. It's just now been 50 years since release. To top if off Pat & the team did such a nice job with it. What a great pin!

You can change the word, but it doesnt change the meaning.. Those little bastards! lol

#10609 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

You can change the word, but it doesnt change the meaning.. Those little bastards! lol

The one valid reason I see for changing Brat to Kid is that Charlie did not belong in that group, but still?

#10610 2 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

The one valid reason I see for changing Brat to Kid is that Charlie did not belong in that group, but still?

No? He did lose the game as well by stealing the fizzy lifting drink.. Greedy bastard lol.

#10611 2 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

In reality, the reason it wasn't included was that apparently the Dahl family owns the rights and felt it was inappropriate, or something like that.

Im not sure how, since its literally said in the movie.

#10612 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Im not sure how, since its literally said in the movie.

Times change. There are a few other words in the English language that used to be "common" that are no longer appropriate to use today.

#10613 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Times change. There are a few other words in the English language that used to be "common" that are no longer appropriate to use today.

Yea, times are changing. And not for the better lol. Sensitive world we live in!

I tell my 5 year old daughter to not be a brat when she is acting like one...

#10614 2 years ago

Loved the movie when I was a kid and actually Peter Ostrum (Charlie) is our veterinarian

#10615 2 years ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:

Loved the movie when I was a kid and actually Peter Ostrum (Charlie) is our veterinarian

Get out of here??!! Really? hahaha

#10616 2 years ago

So apparently there are only a few possible ways to get a JJP into my gameroom because the main entryway is 28”. I can either remove the backbox, or loosen and twist

Have avoided doing either of these things and only have Sterns (27.75”), but I’m really interested in Wonka

Short of buying a newer wider door, how difficult is it to remove or twist the backbox

#10617 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

So apparently there are only a few possible ways to get a JJP into my gameroom because the main entryway is 28”. I can either remove the backbox, or loosen and twist
Have avoided doing either of these things and only have Sterns (27.75”), but I’m really interested in Wonka
Short of buying a newer wider door, how difficult is it to remove or twist the backbox

How tall is the game when the backbox is lowered to the field? More than 28"? From the base of the cabinet to the top of the lowered head?

#10618 2 years ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:

That's amazing. I figured he would be living in Germany or something. Do you ever talk to him about the movie?

#10619 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

No? He did lose the game as well by stealing the fizzy lifting drink.. Greedy bastard lol.

Grandpa Joe made him do it.

#10620 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

How tall is the game when the backbox is lowered to the field? More than 28"? From the base of the cabinet to the top of the lowered head?

I assume it’s wider as most of these games require 29-30” for cargo lift clearance in a car

#10621 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Somehow I didn't see the film until I was in my 20s (so it is not pure nostalgia) ... but for me it IS pure imagination! If you count a film franchise as one movie (IJ, SW, LOTR, etc) this is a top 10 movie on my list.

#10622 2 years ago

Recently my diverter mech has started buzzing loudly whenever activated. Functionally the game plays fine and as intended but I’m worried about the motor burning out or something. Here’s a link to a 3s video. Any tips on addressing this?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nbsiyPdkbDT842S26

#10623 2 years ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:

Too cool, please take a photo or two and share next time you see him!

#10624 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Ok, I know this sounds like sickness, but I'd consider widening the door. I know it's not cheap or easy, but unless this is your last pin (HAHAHA!!!) you're risking scraping/damaging a pin every time you're squeezing it in there.

#10625 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Ok, I know this sounds like sickness, but I'd consider widening the door. I know it's not cheap or easy, but unless this is your last pin (HAHAHA!!!) you're risking scraping/damaging a pin every time you're squeezing it in there.

Actually I asked on the JJP fan page on FB and someone did maybe come up with an answer:

Remove the legs, leave the head alone, and carry it in with 3-4 people, sideways. Like with the coin door leading, flipper button at the sky. Once you get to the head, make a 90 degree turn and walk it the rest of the way in. Once you clear the doorway, turn the game right-side-up.

#10626 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Somehow I didn't see the film until I was in my 20s (so it is not pure nostalgia) ... but for me it IS pure imagination! If you count a film franchise as one movie (IJ, SW, LOTR, etc) this is a top 10 movie on my list.

This isnt a franchise...

EDIT - Sorry, perhaps I read what you meant incorrectly.

#10627 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I've done the loosen and twist on a High Speed....but not sure how this would work on a JJP. It was real easy on the HS. If this is an option I would try this first.

#10628 2 years ago

Keep in mind that there is a lot more mass inside of a JJP Blackbox than most. You have a TV mounted to a swing arm in addition to the normal PCB's and wiring. That isn't to say it won't be possible, but you are going to need to take a lot of care if you are moving a machine with a loose head.

#10629 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Keep in mind that there is a lot more mass inside of a JJP Blackbox than most. You have a TV mounted to a swing arm in addition to the normal PCB's and wiring. That isn't to say it won't be possible, but you are going to need to take a lot of care if you are moving a machine with a loose head.

#10630 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

This isnt a franchise...
EDIT - Sorry, perhaps I read what you meant incorrectly.

Yes I meant that without counting say LOTR as 3 movies (and JUST counting it as one) and same for Star Wars and so on, THEN Wonka (the original that the table is based on) is a top 10 movie for me

#10631 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I just moved this game upstairs with 4 guys (2 of which were ex college lineman) and the weight was not so much the issue as holding it steady was. This game is very heavy and turning it on its side will make for some difficult holds and some helping will be bearing more weight than others. Be careful if you move it this way.

#10632 2 years ago

Quick question: What role does the white camera play in the pinball play?

My camera stand broke, Ive removed it and working on fixing it, had to unplug a cable and now Im curious. I know that there is a red LED light, but but does it impact play? Does the light queue you hit the ramp for a combo or something??

#10633 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

My camera stand broke, Ive removed it and working on fixing it, had to unplug a cable and now Im curious. I know that there is a red LED light, but but does it impact play? Does the light queue you hit the ramp for a combo or something??

Cosmetic. The red light though lets you know when the game is ready to take a picture. The real camera is in the backbox..

#10634 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

And to take a picture, you hit the camera ramp..

#10636 2 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

That's amazing. I figured he would be living in Germany or something. Do you ever talk to him about the movie?

I have but it seems like it's something he'd like to forget. He would much rather talk about horses than WW

He's a great, down to earth guy.

#10637 2 years ago

That is awesome. And the chances that you own a machine hahhaa.

I know you said that he doesnt like to talk about WW, but id definitely try and find a way to get him to sign the backglass, or apron or something hahaha.

#10638 2 years ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:

I have but it seems like it's something he'd like to forget. He would much rather talk about horses than WW
He's a great, down to earth guy.

I hope they sent him a nice CE since his face is all over it.

#10639 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

That is awesome. And the chances that you own a machine hahhaa.
I know you said that he doesnt like to talk about WW, but id definitely try and find a way to get him to sign the backglass, or apron or something hahaha.

I have a JJP GnR on order and currently looking to buy WW. I've been going back and forth with buying this pin. I had issues with my brand new Godzilla Premium and waited 2 months for a replacement board so I'm a bit turned off right now with Stern. I'm looking to buy one before they are no longer available and regret it.

The frustrating part is I've emailed several distributors (several which I've purchased from in the past) and none have replied. I guess no one wants a sale

#10640 2 years ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:

I have a JJP GnR on order and currently looking to buy WW. I've been going back and forth with buying this pin. I had issues with my brand new Godzilla Premium and waited 2 months for a replacement board so I'm a bit turned off right now with Stern. I'm looking to buy one before they are no longer available and regret it.
The frustrating part is I've emailed several distributors (several which I've purchased from in the past) and none have replied. I guess no one wants a sale

Have you called Joe Pinballstar or at Mike at Automated?

#10641 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I will reach out to Joe. I forgot he was a JJP dealer. I have Halloween and CCR on order with him already.

Thanks insight!

#10642 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

The technical service bulletin says you can use an empty slot on the computer if you want to use both dongles. Is there an empty slot? I've seen posts where people say to use a hub.
[quoted image]

Quoted from insight75:

Automated services in CT had ww in stock in early January. That is when/where I bought mine. Easy to deal with. I went to pick up myself and Mike let me play all the games in the showroom as long as I wanted. Great fun.

#10643 2 years ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:

Have you tried Cointaker? I’d call Melissa and see what she has available.

#10644 2 years ago
Quoted from doc5md:

Have you tried Cointaker? I’d call Melissa and see what she has available.

And Automated definitely has some also

#10645 2 years ago

He looks more like Mario than Charlie, complete with blue overalls

#10646 2 years ago

Thanks for the help guys.....I did get a hold of a seller with one in stock. Hopefully will be part of the Wonka club soon!

#10647 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Automated services in CT had ww in stock in early January. That is when/where I bought mine. Easy to deal with. I went to pick up myself and Mike let me play all the games in the showroom as long as I wanted. Great fun.

Mikes a good guy. I have bought all my pins from him.

He has been very helpful...

#10649 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I had always told my wife I would someday order some game NIB. When I saw the Wonka reveal, I called on the first day and ordered one, something I thought I would never do (buying an NIB without playing it first). I knew it would be good coming from JJP, and the theme was perfect for me, so I just did it.

I saw WW in the theaters as a kid. We even got a little cardboard Wonka factory that had supplies (wrappers, molds, etc) to make wonka bars. I don't know if that was a giveaway or if my mom purchased it. My best friend's brother still has his in tact, sprinkles in the packages, etc.

The movie is classic to me, I had read the books prior to seeing it also which probably contributed. I still love the movie, one of the few that I don't grow tired of seeing periodically.

Someone else commented on wishing "Brat" hadn't been removed. I thought early on I would try to modify code and add it back, but it turns out to not be very easy due to the encryption dongle used.

Nostalgia is clearly why things are themed the way they are, go for the people who have fond memories and are at a point in their life where they might be able to afford such a luxury. I can't remember exactly what I said when ordering, but told Jen (Jack's daughter) something like "I see what you are doing here", and she was like "of course : )"

#10650 2 years ago

I bought a Bluetooth dongle and I can't get it to connect. It will scan for devices and find other bt devices nearby, but never my headphones. Is this common or do I just have bad hardware?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 32.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
$ 25.50
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,600 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,933 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/213?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.