IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 280.
#10551 2 years ago

Is it normal for the left side of the playfield to be touching the wall of the cabinet? I went to pull out the playfield and I found that I couldn't insert my pin blade protector on the left side as the plastics and stuff on the back half are tightly up against the wall. Is it even possible to pull out the playfield without scratching the wall?

#10552 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Need a favor from current owners…what is the exact backbox width of WW? (or any JJP for that matter). I’ve seen anything from 28.5-29” online
I’m working with a very narrow doorway so every half-inch counts and I’m trying to see if I can join the club without having to remove the backbox or anything drastic.

F7E046FC-A5D9-43AD-BAA6-668EFF05ED82 (resized).jpegF7E046FC-A5D9-43AD-BAA6-668EFF05ED82 (resized).jpeg
#10553 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Is it normal for the left side of the playfield to be touching the wall of the cabinet? I went to pull out the playfield and I found that I couldn't insert my pin blade protector on the left side as the plastics and stuff on the back half are tightly up against the wall. Is it even possible to pull out the playfield without scratching the wall?

Mine is crazy tight too on the left. Takes some work to get the protector in but eventually it does.

#10554 2 years ago

Very much appreciated. Looks like i need 29” to even attempt

#10555 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Mine was brutally tight. I ended up putting felt on the pf to keep it from tearing off the art (on CE edition).

#10556 2 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
Brand new machine and, after 10 games working as it should, the following came on the screen at power up:
Gobstopper Hole - Check Device - Malfunction Detected
Check matrixed switch #51, Gobstopper Lockup #1 (at kicker) (Stuck open)
So, gobstopper hole is stopping at 9 o'clock position, instead of 12 o'clock. Tested opto and all OK. I can move the disk by hand, so it is not binding.
Switch 51 is dead but I know the switch is good. To be sure, I changed it with a known good one but still dead. Does not activate in switch test, just the red indicator that switch is bad.
I pushed and pulled every plug and socket imaginable on both the underside of the playfield and in the backbox. Nothing made any difference.
For some reason the gobstopper hole has now started defaulting to 12 o'clock position (as I think it should) but never moves to 6 o'clock, to allow a ball in. The target in front of the gobstopper disk (which I think is supposed to activate the disk) works fine and is registering, when hit.
Help, please!!

I had some bugginess with my gobstopper hole. opto was great. motor great. took it apart and checked alignment. I ended up putting a touch of white lith grease on it and it was great since. if you look through the images on this thread, you'll see one with the little allen nut you can loosen to align the gears a touch better. zaphX gave me my fix.

#10557 2 years ago

Been having issues with gobstopper hole myself. It’s rotating an extra 90 degrees. I can go in to menu and manually move it back to correct position.. then it happens again.

I read through this thread abc confirmed my gears are not loose or falling down and the Allen nut seemed fine.

Anyone have this as well? Doesn’t seem like same issue previously reported

#10558 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Been having issues with gobstopper hole myself. It’s rotating an extra 90 degrees. I can go in to menu and manually move it back to correct position.. then it happens again.
I read through this thread abc confirmed my gears are not loose or falling down and the Allen nut seemed fine.

Hmm...to brainstorm possible causes here:

- Gear slippage on rotation (you've eliminated that)
- Motor failure unrelated to gear slippage (unlikely as it wouldn't rotate in test either)
- Excess friction inhibiting rotation (I put a VERY small amount of white lithium grease on the gear for this)
- Software bug (unlikely, we'd all be seeing it)
- Opto not detecting where the disc is
- Opto message not making it back to the board logic (broken wire, harness not seated well, something like that)

On the underside of the gobble hole mech (C-34 in the manual) there is a small tab that points down from the gear and passes through the opto. Is the opto clean/unobscured? Any other debris getting in there? Tab on the gear still intact?

#10559 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Try a factory reset and let us know if that takes care of it.

#10560 2 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Try a factory reset and let us know if that takes care of it.

The disc appears to recalibrate every bootup though.

#10561 2 years ago

Thanks gentlemen I’ll check tonight.

Yes it recalibrates but only from the menu. If it’s off 90 and I reboot when the game comes back on it boots off 90 degrees.

Now when I manually change it it will some times stay in sync for a little while. Then eventually during gameplay goes off to the right 90.

Even after correcting multiple times from menu it will revert back. Sometimes it sticks until it doesn’t but we are talking 5 plays max

Also no scraping sounds or anything

#10562 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Thanks gentlemen I’ll check tonight.
Yes it recalibrates but only from the menu. If it’s off 90 and I reboot when the game comes back on it boots off 90 degrees.
Now when I manually change it it will some times stay in sync for a little while. Then eventually during gameplay goes off to the right 90.
Even after correcting multiple times from menu it will revert back. Sometimes it sticks until it doesn’t but we are talking 5 plays max
Also no scraping sounds or anything

No solution here, but another data point.

I have noticed that mine will occasionally do something similar. My pattern seems to be the following:. Boot up, don't play right away, wait a minute or two, I'll hear a thump (sounds like a solenoid firing, but I can't tell which one), then if I start a game after that thump, the gobstopper will rotate to 3 o'clock right away.

I am able to get it to behave again by entering and exiting the menu. Also, if I just play, hit one in the incorrectly exposed hole, and let the ball search go, it will self correct.

It doesn't always do it though, sometimes it'll go a week (usually boot once a day). Every time I've taken the glass off to debug it, it doesn't happen.

#10563 2 years ago

I have the same thing EXCEPT if I do hit the hole at 3 o’clock it doesn’t correct itself. It will move to the next position 90 degrees off.

Going to clean the opto as suggested and see if that helps. And just play until I get it again

The worst is when your having an amazing game and this happens- totally ruins your score

Quoted from crobby:

No solution here, but another data point.
I have noticed that mine will occasionally do something similar. My pattern seems to be the following:. Boot up, don't play right away, wait a minute or two, I'll hear a thump (sounds like a solenoid firing, but I can't tell which one), then if I start a game after that thump, the gobstopper will rotate to 3 o'clock right away.
I am able to get it to behave again by entering and exiting the menu. Also, if I just play, hit one in the incorrectly exposed hole, and let the ball search go, it will self correct.
It doesn't always do it though, sometimes it'll go a week (usually boot once a day). Every time I've taken the glass off to debug it, it doesn't happen.

#10564 2 years ago

On the gobstopper off 90 degree

Mine does this at times and the where the ball shoots out of that vuk (believe that's what it is) the sensor is usually my issue. Sometimes the sensor contact gets hung up.

#10565 2 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Actually that is a different problem. Mine had that one too. The spring that pulls the diverter arm back up is too weak. It acted lazy and hung down a little just as you described. I added a second light spring and have had no more problems with the diverter arm getting in the way when it shouldn't. I think JJP put too light of a spring on this recent batch of Wonka's. Well at least a few anyway. Does your left ramp exit lean right like mine does?[quoted image]

I played a couple games last night. And sure enough, I had it hold there like you describe, when it was supposed to divert. I agree it’s an issue with how the ramp leans

#10566 2 years ago

Two questions: Is there a setting available to do a handsfree plunge? My wife is disabled and can't pull back the plunger. This is the first modern machine that I'm not seeing an option to activate via flippers. Also, I tried setting up the bluetooth last night but it said the BT dongle wasn't found. I assume the machine doesn't come with it? I would have assumed this to begin with, but when I ordered and went to install the wifi adapter...it already had one! (I have a LE re-run).

#10567 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Two questions: Is there a setting available to do a handsfree plunge? My wife is disabled and can't pull back the plunger. This is the first modern machine that I'm not seeing an option to activate via flippers. Also, I tried setting up the bluetooth last night but it said the BT dongle wasn't found. I assume the machine doesn't come with it? I would have assumed this to begin with, but when I ordered and went to install the wifi adapter...it already had one! (I have a LE re-run).

Not sure on the handsfree plunge, but I have an LE re-run as well and it came with the wifi adapter.

#10568 2 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Unfortunately I did not get enough time figure out how to end ransom.
What I think would be really cool! If games had enough memory to allow you to "review" your last game on the monitor. I would love to see some of the things I am missing that are going on the LCD. If I try to look up there while ball is in play I usually lose it. They could add an adjustment that allows review of last game. If adjustment is set to on, then when game ends it questions you: Review last game? Left flipper = no, Right flipper = yes. Then allow left flipper to rewind and right to fast forward. Push both flippers at once to end review. Of course this would probably be best only for home settings.

Was this the mode, that if you hit the gobstopper hole, it ends it? I could be mistaken.

#10569 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

You can try the old "teenager look cool trick" and hit the plunger forward decently hard and have it shoot the ball that way. haha.

I know, people dont like to do that. I dont either.

#10570 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Two questions: Is there a setting available to do a handsfree plunge?

Absolutely.
Here is the page from the manual that goes over the Flipper Auto-Launch options in the System Settings Menu under the General heading
WW autolaunch.pdfWW autolaunch.pdf

#10571 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Absolutely.
Here is the page from the manual that goes over the Flipper Auto-Launch options in the System Settings Menu under the General heading
[quoted image]

I'm going to set this up so my kids stop pulling the plunger so hard.

#10572 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Was this the mode, that if you hit the gobstopper hole, it ends it? I could be mistaken.

So far it seems no one knows how to end or collect ransom value. I only noticed that the ransom value could be raised by hitting certain shots(can't remember which). I did not have time to see any more about it before I lost the ball in play.

#10573 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Absolutely.
[quoted image]

Perfect, thanks. I've reviewed the entire manual twice and couldn't find it. I even recently changed a setting right above the one you mentioned!

#10574 2 years ago

I cleaned the sensor - havent seen the issue return after a few games. Hopefully this solves it for me - Thanks everyone

Quoted from Nstone4425:

On the gobstopper off 90 degree
Mine does this at times and the where the ball shoots out of that vuk (believe that's what it is) the sensor is usually my issue. Sometimes the sensor contact gets hung up.

#10575 2 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

So far it seems no one knows how to end or collect ransom value. I only noticed that the ransom value could be raised by hitting certain shots(can't remember which). I did not have time to see any more about it before I lost the ball in play.

Set the ransom value by bashing the gobstopper target, then collect it at the lit ramp. It moves, if I remember right.

#10576 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Set the ransom value by bashing the gobstopper target, then collect it at the lit ramp. It moves, if I remember right.

By gobstopper target do you mean the "secret machine" just below the big gobstopper?

#10577 2 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

By gobstopper target do you mean the "secret machine" just below the big gobstopper?

Yes, that is what he means. The target above the gobstopper hole.

#10578 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yes, that is what he means. The target above the gobstopper hole.

I'm still getting to know some of the shots and call outs. I hear the game say things like "shoot the saucer" and I'm like: I don't really see one in this game?

#10579 2 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

I'm still getting to know some of the shots and call outs. I hear the game say things like "shoot the saucer" and I'm like: I don't really see one in this game?

Saucer is the right Wonka vision target.

#10580 2 years ago

Happened to glance up and see the scene where Charlie Bucket finds a silver dollar in the street drain while I was playing. Not sure what I did? Wondering if this has something to do with the lost Golden ticket? Not really sure what I did when I get a golden ticket yet. With enough play I suppose I will figure out how to purposefully go after them.

#10581 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Saucer is the right Wonka vision target.

That makes sense. Sort of cool the game would use a quote like that considering the saucer is not really visible.

#10582 2 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Happened to glance up and see the scene where Charlie Bucket finds a silver dollar in the street drain while I was playing. Not sure what I did? Wondering if this has something to do with the lost Golden ticket? Not really sure what I did when I get a golden ticket yet. With enough play I suppose I will figure out how to purposefully go after them.

I believe that Charlie video plays when you get the special award. I have that set as an extra ball on my machine. I don't recall if that is the default setting or not, though, so what it does may be different for you.

#10583 2 years ago

Curious if anyone has experienced flipper fade from coils over-heating on Wonka? I see it's been a subject on some other JJP titles such as pirates. Saw this post about a simple/cost effective solution(from Stef95 post #17361): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/348

#10584 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I believe that Charlie video plays when you get the special award. I have that set as an extra ball on my machine. I don't recall if that is the default setting or not, though, so what it does may be different for you.

Cool. I saw it once and my feeling is that if it's associated with special it must play the clip when you light special. I do have replay and special set to award an extra ball which were off by default on 2.03.

#10585 2 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Is it just me or are the callouts inconsistent regarding naming of shots? Sometime the calls “camera ramp” the “left ramp”? And sometimes “left ramp” meaning the actual furthest left ramp and sometimes that ramp is “gobstopper ramp”?

#10586 2 years ago

Yeah that’s a little annoying that they use different phrases, it’s hard to explain to new players as-is, but I think they don’t switch them up. The center ramp I think is the camera ramp. I think left ramp always refers to gobstopper.

Quoted from jackd104:

Is it just me or are the callouts inconsistent regarding naming of shots? Sometime the calls “camera ramp” the “left ramp”? And sometimes “left ramp” meaning the actual furthest left ramp and sometimes that ramp is “gobstopper ramp”?

#10587 2 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Curious if anyone has experienced flipper fade from coils over-heating on Wonka? I see it's been a subject on some other JJP titles such as pirates. Saw this post about a simple/cost effective solution(from Stef95 post #17361): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/348

Minimal in my opinion ... a few times during a long session with multiball going the balls have had a LITTLE bit more difficulty going up the ramps, but not enough for me to want to "fix" it. This is a total guess, but if I had to pick a numbers I would say I have never seen more than a 10% reduction in power. For a great player this could be a big deal. For me (total novice) it hardly makes any difference. But that solution looks pretty cool (no pun intended)!

#10588 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Minimal in my opinion ... a few times during a long session with multiball going the balls have had a LITTLE bit more difficulty going up the ramps, but not enough for me to want to "fix" it. This is a total guess, but if I had to pick a numbers I would say I have never seen more than a 10% reduction in power. For a great player this could be a big deal. For me (total novice) it hardly makes any difference. But that solution looks pretty cool (no pun intended)!

I found that when the magnets are active, the flippers are weak. I set the bottom two to +2 which worked out nicely for my power situation here.

#10589 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

It's not just you. It's got to be confusing to new players at times. I have been confused. The words on the ramps don't exactly standout either. Especially where I have my games because it's kind of dark and this game does not have the brightest G.I. I also heard it say something like "shoot the factory ramp". I think that is the right ramp? Confusing because the left ramp leads to the diverter that looks like a factory but the right ramp is near the smoke stack.

Quoted from prentice:

Yeah that’s a little annoying that they use different phrases, it’s hard to explain to new players as-is, but I think they don’t switch them up. The center ramp I think is the camera ramp. I think left ramp always refers to gobstopper.

I have been wondering what the camera ramp was. I sometimes mistake it for the left ramp.

Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Nice to know. Sounds like a problem on Pirates anyway. I think long games with multiplayer are when fade is most noticable because coils over-heat. I could see having long games on Wonka. I have not noticed fade yet.

Quoted from zaphX:

I found that when the magnets are active, the flippers are weak. I set the bottom two to +2 which worked out nicely for my power situation here.

Interesting. I am going to try to watch more closely for this when all magnets are going. My flippers at still at default but feel just right to me.

#10590 2 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Interesting. I am going to try to watch more closely for this when all magnets are going. My flippers at still at default but feel just right to me.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

#10591 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

For sure. No need to look for problems. As for the confusion with the call outs and different names for the same shots. I personally like as much variety with quotes as possible. It may lend some confusion at first. In the long run though it makes each game feel a little different. For me anyway...quotes that tell you where to shoot can become some of the most annoying things in the long run. You will figure out where to shoot in time. I have owned games that would repeat where to shoot over and over with the exact same quote. I really appreciate the variety of call outs in this game for various shots, modes, even drains. It makes for a much less repetitive experience and a more classy feel to the game. A little temporary confusion is well worth the trade off. JJP.....Don't fix anything here please.

#10592 2 years ago

Is the latest LE run supposed to come with wifi and Bluetooth, or just wifi?

#10593 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Is the latest LE run supposed to come with wifi and Bluetooth, or just wifi?

Pretty sure just wifi, that’s what mine had.

#10594 2 years ago

The technical service bulletin says you can use an empty slot on the computer if you want to use both dongles. Is there an empty slot? I've seen posts where people say to use a hub.

Screenshot_20220122-074542_Samsung Notes (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220122-074542_Samsung Notes (resized).jpg
#10595 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I found that when the magnets are active, the flippers are weak.

I wonder if they feel weak because the magnets are possibly slowing the balls down? You're screaming "Why can't I make that ramp?" while the magnets gleefully snicker down below...

#10596 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I wonder if they feel weak because the magnets are possibly slowing the balls down? You're screaming "Why can't I make that ramp?" while the magnets gleefully snicker down below...

Hmm. Maybe? I never thought about it. I always just assumed the additional power draw was the culprit.

#10597 2 years ago

Looks like my game is saying update available, anyone install it yet?

#10598 2 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Looks like my game is saying update available, anyone install it yet?

Newer than 2.03?

#10599 2 years ago

I must not be at 2.3

#10600 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

The technical service bulletin says you can use an empty slot on the computer if you want to use both dongles. Is there an empty slot? I've seen posts where people say to use a hub.
[quoted image]

That's where I put my Bluetooth module. There were a few extra USB ports up on the motherboard behind the monitor. I keep the WiFi dongle plugged in down at the coin door.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
11,000 (OBO)
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/212?hl=arcyallen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.