D96FEBB4-9297-450C-BB24-F22505FE9358 (resized).jpeg
BEDC7CDD-40A2-47E1-8EE5-816C73109A91 (resized).png
91A0C9E8-E810-464F-B267-88CDB427C541 (resized).png
3F399DA2-05BE-4F28-B121-D5BAA4BACB64.jpeg
Wonkavator rules (resized).PNG
20220418_162520 (resized).jpg
20220219_182357 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,481 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 230.
#10451 4 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

Can someone tell me where the 7 magnets are on this game?

there are 3 - 5? of them under the playfield around the circular dot clusters(they dont do much). Then you have the kid multiball.

#10452 4 months ago
Quoted from Ryeryerulz:

Can't find a replacement for the roller micro switch on the Gobstopper tgt. Anyone have any luck on this? JJP not responding to an email and I need to get this ordered. Found the part number and searched everywhere. Maybe I am just missing it. Thanks in advance.

This is the switch I was told to use by LTG

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-ball-detect-blade-with-roller-sub-microswitch.html

#10453 4 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

there are 3 - 5? of them under the playfield around the circular dot clusters(they dont do much). Then you have the kid multiball.

The magnets on mine can sling that ball around pretty crazily. There have been occasions where the ball has reversed direction 180 degrees. Odd to see but rare. Typically, the magnets mess with my ability to anticipate when and where the ball will hit on the flippers. I do feel like they do a lot, though, when they're activated.

#10454 4 months ago

My shooter rod rubs clips the autoplunger fairly regularly. I unscrewed shooter compartment and seated it as low as I could, but the top part still sometimes bumps the plunger. I couldn't figure out how to adjust the autoplunger -- is it meant to be shifted around at all?

IMG_1051 (resized).JPG
#10455 4 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It shipped with one on my Wonka SE and CE both. And it's on page C-120 in the Wonka manual.

Quoted from gorditas:

It had nothing to do with the rubber: the lower ball couldn't roll because of the upper one sitting on it. They came down the wireform together. There is nothing wrong with the game, it wasn't a complaint or cry for help. It was a funny coincidence, that's all.

Quoted from Rager170:

I dont know why people say that the rubber shoudnt be there. I feel most dont have a problem with it...

Yes, it was originally designed to have that rubber. Then JJP realized it was causing issues (on some pins) so they stopped installing them at the factory. If yours works, great. But per a recent conversation with JJP they're not installing that rubber anymore. Heck, if your works you can consider it your own special "Factory Mod"

#10456 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Perhaps you misunderstood what happened and or my reason ?
LTG : )

Well...(scratches head)...last I knew you were let go from your job with JJP. In reference to that you said above "I wasn't wanted.". All I was doing was giving you reassurance that while maybe someone "over there" doesn't want you, the rest of us all do.

So, you're 99.99% beloved. Does that sound about right?

#10457 4 months ago
Quoted from prentice:

My shooter rod rubs clips the autoplunger fairly regularly. I unscrewed shooter compartment and seated it as low as I could, but the top part still sometimes bumps the plunger. I couldn't figure out how to adjust the autoplunger -- is it meant to be shifted around at all?[quoted image]

You need to bend the playfield hangers down towards the ground a bit to raise the playfield slightly when it’s seated in the lockbar.

#10458 4 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Yes, it was originally designed to have that rubber. Then JJP realized it was causing issues (on some pins) so they stopped installing them at the factory. If yours works, great. But per a recent conversation with JJP they're not installing that rubber anymore. Heck, if your works you can consider it your own special "Factory Mod"

So not to overkill this topic, but if you do install the bumper included from JJP, is it better to put in the open hole or the one with the black filler in it?

#10459 4 months ago
Quoted from Mjesposi:

So not to overkill this topic, but if you do install the bumper included from JJP, is it better to put in the open hole or the one with the black filler in it?

(To be clear, the rubber that JJP says shouldn't be there is the little rubber between the inlanes.) As for the post between the left outlane and inlane, you can put it in either hole. The top position gives the ball less space to drain and therefore makes it a bit easier than the bottom position (or no post at all). But it's personal preference. I like my games harder, but I'm very tempted to put the post in the bottom hole (it's absent now) as I find it near impossible to nudge the ball out of that area once it's there.

#10460 4 months ago
Quoted from mostater:

The magnets on mine can sling that ball around pretty crazily. There have been occasions where the ball has reversed direction 180 degrees. Odd to see but rare. Typically, the magnets mess with my ability to anticipate when and where the ball will hit on the flippers. I do feel like they do a lot, though, when they're activated.

Interesting. Mine almost do nothing. Once in a while I will notice something, but its very similar to if the ball had spin and then caught the playfield.

Is there a way to test these?

#10461 4 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I said a while back, at one point i started having issues with it. Then I noticed that the slingshot rubber bolts/screws were loose. What was happening, is that since the slingshot bolts were loose, they were sagging/leaning towards the inlane slightly. This was causing the ball to get stuck. Once I realized it, i tightened up the slingshot bolts, and viola, problem solved and never happened again.

#10462 4 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

(To be clear, the rubber that JJP says shouldn't be there is the little rubber between the inlanes.) As for the post between the left outlane and inlane, you can put it in either hole. The top position gives the ball less space to drain and therefore makes it a bit easier than the bottom position (or no post at all). But it's personal preference. I like my games harder, but I'm very tempted to put the post in the bottom hole (it's absent now) as I find it near impossible to nudge the ball out of that area once it's there.

Thank you!

#10463 4 months ago

Off topic but I am trying to find a good shooter rod for my new GNR LE coming in. I like the stock WW LE shooter rod but it is blue. Does anyone here have a collector edition WW and an opinion on if it would match the red on GNR LE? Thanks in advance.

#10464 4 months ago
Quoted from Vitty:

You need to bend the playfield hangers down towards the ground a bit to raise the playfield slightly when it’s seated in the lockbar.

Thank you, Vitty!

For future reference, I also received this related response from [email protected] on the topic, very quick response:

Try raising the lock down bar receiver.
It's the unit mounted to the front of the game that the playfield hooks rest on and the lock down bar latches into.
There should be two 1/4 inch phillips / hex head shipping screws, one at either end. Remove those.
Then there are 3 carriage bolts with nuts mounting it to the front of the game. Loosen the 3 nuts and lift the lockdown bar receiver to the top of the mounting holes and while holding it up, tighten the 3 nuts. This will raise it and should correct the issue.

#10465 4 months ago
Quoted from prentice:

Thank you, Vitty!
For future reference, I also received this related response from [email protected] on the topic, very quick response:
Try raising the lock down bar receiver.
It's the unit mounted to the front of the game that the playfield hooks rest on and the lock down bar latches into.
There should be two 1/4 inch phillips / hex head shipping screws, one at either end. Remove those.
Then there are 3 carriage bolts with nuts mounting it to the front of the game. Loosen the 3 nuts and lift the lockdown bar receiver to the top of the mounting holes and while holding it up, tighten the 3 nuts. This will raise it and should correct the issue.

Interesting.. good to know.

#10466 4 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Interesting. Mine almost do nothing. Once in a while I will notice something, but its very similar to if the ball had spin and then caught the playfield.
Is there a way to test these?

anyone have any input on the playfield magnets? Mine hardly do anything and wasnt sure if there is a way to test/adjust?

#10467 4 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

anyone have any input on the playfield magnets? Mine hardly do anything and wasnt sure if there is a way to test/adjust?

It's amazing how little information there is out there on this. You'd think magnets under the playfield would be a pretty big feature that would at least get discussed more if not promoted as a major feature. Instead it's like a mystery to people who own the game exactly what's there and what they're supposed to be doing.

#10468 4 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

It's amazing how little information there is out there on this. You'd think magnets under the playfield would be a pretty big feature that would at least get discussed more if not promoted as a major feature. Instead it's like a mystery to people who own the game exactly what's there and what they're supposed to be doing.

I know. I thought others have said its minimal but when the other person today said his balls get thrown, it made me wonder.

My balls definitely dont get thrown... (starting to sound perverted lol).

#10469 4 months ago

Those magnets cause lots of unexpected ball yanks. You'll see them in multiballs mostly.

#10470 4 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Those magnets cause lots of unexpected ball yanks. You'll see them in multiballs mostly.

ok thanks. That would make sense. When multiball goes, im not looking at the magnet area, im locked down at the flippers. Game gets intense ha.

#10471 4 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I know. I thought others have said its minimal but when the other person today said his balls get thrown, it made me wonder.
My balls definitely dont get thrown... (starting to sound perverted lol).

I didn't realize there were magnets under the playfield until I was playing and balls would occasionally change course just enough to make me wonder. I was like "This is almost some Addams Family **** right here."

#10472 4 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

I didn't realize there were magnets under the playfield until I was playing and balls would occasionally change course just enough to make me wonder. I was like "This is almost some Addams Family **** right here."

ok that sounds more like how mine is. Thanks. Its not dramatic from what ive seen. just seemed a bit odd. Like i said, like if the ball were spinning and then caught a little grip.

#10473 4 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yep, during the multiballs. Maybe I'm looking up the playfield a bit more and notice it more that way. Probably when there are only 2 bouncing around and I can afford to look away from the flippers for a moment longer. But I have seen the ball take some wacky direction reversals and changes. Just another fun element of the game!

#10474 4 months ago

Cliffy question, I installed my kit and I am having an issue with the carbon fiber ring around the kid multiball magnet and the ball getting stuck on it. It gets stuck 8 out of 10 times when dropping down from the left ramp. Have to shake it loose every time. Anyone else have this issue? Should I just remove it?

#10475 4 months ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Cliffy question, I installed my kit and I am having an issue with the carbon fiber ring around the kid multiball magnet and the ball getting stuck on it. It gets stuck 8 out of 10 times when dropping down from the left ramp. Have to shake it loose every time. Anyone else have this issue? Should I just remove it?

I would think perhaps you need to raise the magnet a little to get it flush with the ring.

I dont have that cliffy on mine.. not sure I saw that when I ordered like a year ago.

#10476 4 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I would think perhaps you need to raise the magnet a little to get it flush with the ring.
I dont have that cliffy on mine.. not sure I saw that when I ordered like a year ago.

I will look into that.

#10477 4 months ago
Quoted from bowtech:

I will look into that.

Often you can adjust the height of them from underneath the playfield... Sounds obvious i suppose lol

#10478 4 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Go into the coil test and roll the ball around on the playfield. If memory serves me right they even show you on the screen in the test where the magnets are. The underplayfield magnets are small, so it's not like Kid Multiball or anything.

#10479 4 months ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Unless it just started with the cliffy install, it might not be the cliffy - it might be the magnet itself.

It gets banged down on one side over time, causing a ball shelf. Replacement or at least grinding it flat again is the fix.

#10480 4 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Unless it just started with the cliffy install, it might not be the cliffy - it might be the magnet itself.
It gets banged down on one side over time, causing a ball shelf. Replacement or at least grinding it flat again is the fix.

It started after the cliffy was installed.

#10481 4 months ago

I just finished installing the Pinwoofer JJP Super kit in my Wonka LE. I'm genuinely impressed with the quality of the components, especially their PCB and wiring. Instalation was pretty straightforward, and everything fit.

The only other game that I've bothered with the audio on is my IJTPA. The factory speakers and sound on the original machine sounded weak and anemic compared to my Stern and CGC games. The transformation on Wonka was on par. I've heard things from the few games I've subsequently played tonight that I've never heard before from Wonka. The only complaint I had about Wonka prior to tonight was the sound: that is no longer the case.

TLDR: I won't rush out to do this mod on every game. For Willy Wonka, however, I think it is worth the time and money.

#10482 4 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I just finished installing the Pinwoofer JJP Super kit in my Wonka LE. I'm genuinely impressed with the quality of the components, especially their PCB and wiring. Instalation was pretty straightforward, and everything fit.
The only other game that I've bothered with the audio on is my IJTPA. The factory speakers and sound on the original machine sounded weak and anemic compared to my Stern and CGC games. The transformation on Wonka was on par. I've heard things from the few games I've subsequently played tonight that I've never heard before from Wonka. The only complaint I had about Wonka prior to tonight was the sound: that is no longer the case.
TLDR: I won't rush out to do this mod on every game. For Willy Wonka, however, I think it is worth the time and money.

My wonka ended up with a pinwoofer after the GnR thing didn't stick around long..........I agree it's a nice upgrade. Little pricey for a non-music pin but mine was paid for already .

#10483 4 months ago

I hadn’t played Wonka in a couple months. Damn, what a spellbinding game! I haven’t even updated to the latest (formerly beta) code. Will do that today,

Damn, what a game.

#10484 4 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Great outcome gorditas ! Wonka has such an amazing balance of the movie's nostalgia and modern touches, and you know you've added PinWoofer from the second you plunge the ball. Hopefully you know exactly what I'm talking about! What a great title and what a stellar audio track - JJP really did a nice job with. Have fun and our sincere thanks!

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-jjp-super-kit/

#10485 4 months ago

New to the club. Picked up my LE Thursday. Got it upstairs and setup today. Played a few games, and my miss and wife did, too. What a hit! So much fun!
A couple issues. Nothing too big.
The worst, I think, is that the go stopper must have rubbed the glass in shipping. So there is a tiny amount of orange paint gone from the corner of it and a corresponding orange scratch on the glass that I couldn’t remove. I need to take some cleaner to it (I didn’t have any with me and I couldn’t get it with my thumbnail).
The left in ramp post rubber seems to be just a hair too big as the ball will stick there once in a while if it’s too slow.
The diverter gate on the left sometimes does raise quite far enough and a slow ball will hang there a second or two.
But the game is really fun to play. Smooth. Shots were all able to be made with just a little practice. I’m sure I can fix those small issues. Not sure about the glass though- I’m hoping it’s not a true scratch.

66D72AF2-3E85-43A4-BE7D-B739C7903A87 (resized).jpeg
#10486 4 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I hadn’t played Wonka in a couple months. Damn, what a spellbinding game! I haven’t even updated to the latest (formerly beta) code. Will do that today,
Damn, what a game.

I've had jurassic Park premium for like 2 years. My kids never even asked to play it once. I get a Wonka and they're constantly asking me if they can play it.

#10487 4 months ago
Quoted from doc5md:

New to the club. Picked up my LE Thursday. Got it upstairs and setup today. Played a few games, and my miss and wife did, too. What a hit! So much fun!
A couple issues. Nothing too big.
The worst, I think, is that the go stopper must have rubbed the glass in shipping. So there is a tiny amount of orange paint gone from the corner of it and a corresponding orange scratch on the glass that I couldn’t remove. I need to take some cleaner to it (I didn’t have any with me and I couldn’t get it with my thumbnail).
The left in ramp post rubber seems to be just a hair too big as the ball will stick there once in a while if it’s too slow.
The diverter gate on the left sometimes does raise quite far enough and a slow ball will hang there a second or two.
But the game is really fun to play. Smooth. Shots were all able to be made with just a little practice. I’m sure I can fix those small issues. Not sure about the glass though- I’m hoping it’s not a true scratch.
[quoted image]

Did you submit a ticket for the glass and Gobstopper? I received replacements for both when mine arrived with the same issue. The service department was very responsive.

#10488 4 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:Did you submit a ticket for the glass and Gobstopper? I received replacements for both when mine arrived with the same issue. The service department was very responsive.

Ya for sure get a new piece of glass,that is Expensive!

#10489 4 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:Did you submit a ticket for the glass and Gobstopper? I received replacements for both when mine arrived with the same issue. The service department was very responsive.

Same happened to my glass. I complained to my distributor but haven’t heard much. I will try the ticket. Is this the place?

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/

#10490 4 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Same happened to my glass. I complained to my distributor but haven’t heard much. I will try the ticket. Is this the place?
http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/

Looks correct.

#10491 4 months ago

Thanks everyone, I’ll open a ticket for sure. Just needed reassurance I wasn’t being crazy.

#10492 4 months ago
Quoted from doc5md:

Remove the rubber. JJP says it shouldn't be there, but some are still shipping with it.

#10493 4 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Remove the rubber. JJP says it shouldn't be there, but some are still shipping with it.

Hard disagree. That rubber is critical to gameplay! Coupled with an up nudge it gets the ball out of that trouble zone.

It's there for a reason.

EDIT: if you have the cheater post installed, you're not gonna left drain anyway so I could see removing it in this case.

#10494 4 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hard disagree. That rubber is critical to gameplay! Coupled with an up nudge it gets the ball out of that trouble zone.
It's there for a reason.
EDIT: if you have the cheater post installed, you're not gonna left drain anyway so I could see removing it in this case.

I don’t have the cheater post in. But after watching the kids play it, I think I will install it for their benefit. I want them to have even more fun with pinball. Lol. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

#10495 4 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's there for a reason.

It's hard to consider it critical to gameplay when you have to stop and shake the machine to free the ball. I'd LOVE it if the rubber functioned correctly and wasn't a problem. But when JJP says "That post to the left" (the inlane post in question) "is not supposed to have a rubber on it. It was deleted by engineering for that reason." and it's getting hung up on multiple machines (including mine, see several recent posts), I'd agree with JJP and remove it. But if yours is working great, fantastic. In fact, I kinda want the cheater post in too because of the increased ability to nudge with it.

#10496 4 months ago

(duplicate created when trying to fix typo)

#10497 4 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

It's hard to consider it critical to gameplay when you have to stop and shake the machine to free the ball. I'd LOVE it if the rubber functioned correctly and wasn't a problem. But when JJP says "That post to the left" (the inlane post in question) "is not supposed to have a rubber on it. It was deleted by engineering for that reason." and it's getting hung up on multiple machines (including mine, see several recent posts), I'd agree with JJP and remove it. But if yours is working great, fantastic. In fact, I kinda want the cheater post in too because of the increased ability to nudge with it.

Put on alternate rubber, and have both. Post caps, with the closed end cut off and facing down work perfectly.

20220107_100734 (resized).jpg
#10498 4 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Put on alternate rubber, and have both. Post caps, with the closed end cut off and facing down work perfectly. [quoted image]

I have no experience with post caps. I assume they come in one size and look like this? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-6543

It is mildly irritating that JJP doesn't do something like this vs just removing the rubber.

#10499 4 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Did you pick the GT or the KO? Thanks!

Also does it help with the start up pop?

#10500 4 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Put on alternate rubber, and have both. Post caps, with the closed end cut off and facing down work perfectly. [quoted image]

Really strange that some machines have this issue and some dont.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 33.50
$ 18.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Elm, TX
$ 599.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 53.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 11,481 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 230.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!