IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 280.
#951 4 years ago

Hey guys! Distro let me know my place is ready, question is... how is the playfield? I've seen pics and heard rumors that it's having similar issues to POTC with clear bunching around the posts. Has anyone been able to remove posts, look for chipping or wear? I'd like to get an idea before I plop down a load of cash on another JJP game while battling with them on the POTC playfield. Opinions of the playfield if you haven't removed posts is fine too, but maybe someone has and they can comment. If you aren't familiar here is the POTC thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-

thanks!

#952 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

That mode was added after that flow chart was put out. They also added Wonka’s Office after your second ticket, an award of some sort after your third, another mini wizard mode after your fourth, and the final wizard mode, Pure Imagination, after collecting your fifth. Super deep code and feels complete. I haven’t been in the hobby very long, but this is the first modern machine I’ve seen released that has complete code when it ships. Anything they add going forward is just icing.

That's great to hear. My wife and I only have mediocre skills, so as we get better and progress through getting more golden tickets, this would reward us and give us something more to look forward too (strive for). Can't wait to get ours.

#953 4 years ago

I removed the star posts on the slings and put down neoprene washers like I did on potc. There wasn't any issue I saw when I removed the posts.

Quoted from harryhoudini:

Hey guys! Distro let me know my place is ready, question is... how is the playfield? I've seen pics and heard rumors that it's having similar issues to POTC with clear bunching around the posts. Has anyone been able to remove posts, look for chipping or wear? I'd like to get an idea before I plop down a load of cash on another JJP game while battling with them on the POTC playfield. Opinions of the playfield if you haven't removed posts is fine too, but maybe someone has and they can comment. If you aren't familiar here is the POTC thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-
thanks!

#954 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

That's great to hear. My wife and I only have mediocre skills, so as we get better and progress through getting more golden tickets, this would reward us and give us something more to look forward too (strive for). Can't wait to get ours.

My wife absolutely loves this machine. We keep going back and forth trying to top each other’s scores and see who can take the worst picture.

Funny story: I came home from work and she was grinning ear to ear. Apparently she got the 3rd Wonkavator lock, and proceeded to beat most of the mode scores AND my GC. The best part was this: she confessed that when the 2nd ball drained, she actually went and did her hair and makeup real quick so that she would take a great picture, and then she proceeded to seal the deal! To think that this wasn’t even a thing just a few years ago...

#955 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I uploaded my fix to thingiverse:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3745380
If anyone wants one printed let me know. I'll only charge the $4 shipping to the lower 48 states.

I don’t have my Wonka yet, but thank you for posting this. Very generous since I’m sure it took you time to design.

#956 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

The best part was this: she confessed that when the 2nd ball drained, she actually went and did her hair and makeup real quick so that she would take a great picture, and then she proceeded to seal the deal! To think that this wasn’t even a thing just a few years ago...

Ya, my wife doesn't want to play our DI or JJPOTC if she doesn't think that she is photogenic at the time. I haven't told her that she can disable that camera feature at the start of the game yet. More time for me to play them ... I guess that I should tell her ... some day. I disabled that message in the attract mode about disabling the camera so that guests wouldn't know about it (mostly for selfy mode in DI to surprise them).

#957 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

thanks!

So far so good .

#958 4 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

thank you for posting this. Very generous since I’m sure it took you time to design

literally took me about 10 minutes to take measurements and model, but you're welcome. I'm hoping this was a bad batch of troughs and this gets fixed. They shipped me a whole new ball trough sub-assembly (I also have an opto issue as well), comes monday. I'll see if the dimensions are any different.

#959 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That is so weird. It has to be some kind of leveling issue, right? I know you confirmed the leveling, but is the trough fully screwed into the playfield and flush like it should be?
Maybe a zip tie across the back would be slightly less wonky...

I can't believe nobody's suggested a drywall screw...

#960 4 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

I can't believe nobody's suggested a drywall screw...

Ops don't suggest. Ops do.

LTG : )

#961 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I removed the star posts on the slings and put down neoprene washers like I did on potc. There wasn't any issue I saw when I removed the posts.

TY!

Quoted from frankmac:

So far so good .

TY!

#962 4 years ago

We had a monster 6hr stream today at https://www.twitch.tv/videos/452282458

Thanks to @gasoline, cjchand and SheriffBarclay for hanging out and having a great time!

#963 4 years ago

Anybody know how to turn on the Shaker in the menu. I can’t find it. Tapped into that for my Pinstadium Flasher. Thanks

#964 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Anybody know how to turn on the Shaker in the menu. I can’t find it. Tapped into that for my Pinstadium Flasher. Thanks

It's on by default. If you have plugged it in, it's on. You will feel it on Gobstopper hits and multiballs, primarily.

There is a test in the coil test to fire it from the start button.

#965 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's on by default. If you have plugged it in, it's on. You will feel it on Gobstopper hits and multiballs, primarily.
There is a test in the coil test to fire it from the start button.

Thanks so much. I don’t have one. Just tapped plug for pinstadium flasher. Something tells me that won’t trigger it on.

#966 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Thanks so much. I don’t have one. Just tapped plug for pinstadium flasher. Something tells me that won’t trigger it on.

I bet it will. Power to those pins is power to those pins.

#967 4 years ago

So now im having an issie with the camera. It works on test, but isnt taking pics on the ramp hits or for high scores. No settings were changed, it just stopped doing it. Anyone else have this issue?

#968 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Anyone else have this issue?

A couple thoughts. Be sure you don't hold right flipper button when when pressing the start button. Also check in Tests - Dedicated if the right flipper closes and opens correct.

In settings - has it been turned off ?

#969 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A couple thoughts. Be sure you don't hold right flipper button when when pressing the start button. Also check in Tests - Dedicated if the right flipper closes and opens correct.
In settings - has it been turned off ?

I will check in the morning, settings it is turned on. The daily high scores ive just been hitting start 3 times for initials, i hear the camera click, but no picture. For the ramp picture im usually holding the right button due to just making the shot requires the right upper flipper. Will report back, thanks ltg

#970 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

settings it is turned on.

Just to be sure. Check if the settings are the same in the Pirates manual. Page B-34 in the Pirates manual. Both settings need to be set to NO to enable the camera.

#971 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Just to be sure. Page B-34 in the manual. Both settings need to be set to NO to enable the camera.

Wait, is the manual out? URL!

#972 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wait, is the manual out? URL!

No. I goofed.

#973 4 years ago

Sorry.

#974 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Been for quite some time. jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Pirates.

But...this is the Wonka thread? Was looking for Wonka manual.

#975 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

But...this is the Wonka thread? Was looking for Wonka manual.

I'm sorry. Most of my tech today has been on Pirates and I'm seeing eye patches and skull and cross bones everywhere.

No Wonka manual yet. Though some settings might be the same as Dialed In and Pirates.

#976 4 years ago

I did a little customization on my machine today.

IMG_1351.jpegIMG_1351.jpeg
#977 4 years ago

Got a shipment in today

First LE ready to go to the customer tomorrow. Is this the first LE in the world?

A96EA74F-B229-4F67-B671-F796103E5B35 (resized).jpegA96EA74F-B229-4F67-B671-F796103E5B35 (resized).jpeg
#978 4 years ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

Got a shipment in today
First LE ready to go to the customer tomorrow. Is this the first LE in the world?[quoted image]

Wow, first one I've seen in the wild anyway! Can you take some closeups of the playfield, secret machine, wireforms, side art etc?

#979 4 years ago

Got a shipment in today
First LE ready to go to the customer tomorrow. Is this the first LE in the world?[quoted image]

So do you have to box it back up before you ship it to him? Does the customer know you opened it up?

#980 4 years ago

Got a shipment in today

Wow looks great.. love the powder coat and the matching wireforms. The wonkavator ball lock looks nice also.

#981 4 years ago

Is this the first LE in the world?

Could be. First one I've heard of. Rumor on Pinside I believe is some were made for export. So yours may well be the first production Willy Wonka LE in the wild.

Congratulations !

#982 4 years ago

You know...there is very little added to the LE for another 2K, they should at least do some inside art blades. WEAK SAUCE JJP,,,

#983 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

You know...there is very little added to the LE for another 2K, they should at least do some inside art blades. WEAK SAUCE JJP,,,

For the record, 2K gets you:

- Painted legs/armor/wireforms
- Wonkavator lock
- Better side art
- Better bezel art
- Invisiglass
- Shaker
- External volume control with headphone jack
- Number plate

To me it's worth the 2k?

#984 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

That would depend on the value one assigns for the blue powder coating, invisiglass, shaker motor, blue wire forms, external sound, and different art package. I think the LE looks great!

Any rumors as to when the CE will be shown?

#985 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

- Wonkavator lock
- Better side art
- Better bezel art
- Invisiglass
- Shaker
To me it's worth the 2k?

headphone jack and external audio control

#986 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

headphone jack and external audio control

I knew I'd miss something! Will edit, thanks Chris.

#987 4 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

That would depend on the value one assigns for the blue powder coating, invisiglass, shaker motor, blue wire forms, external sound, and different art package. I think the LE looks great!
Any rumors as to when the CE will be shown?

I think this will be the first JJP where the SE is actually the decent bet for the money.

#988 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

So do you have to box it back up before you ship it to him? Does the customer know you opened it up?

It’s not uncommon for people acting like retailers... not just wholesalers to open a validate a game before sending to customer site. It’s a service so the customer doesn’t have to deal with surprises or issues.

#989 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I think this will be the first JJP where the SE is actually the decent bet for the money.

The SE is really a very nice machine, I'm very impressed for it being a "pro."

#990 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

All the jjp se are essentially the same as the le gameplay wise.... wonka is the first that's not just bling and upgrades and has slightly different gameplay and a added gameplay feature. . I think the le stuff is worth it in all cases tho bc i love invisaglass, powder coat, shakers and everything else they add to the le. Opinions may vary but alot if people like the le stuff. Glad their are options for everyone tho . And the se for under 8k shipped is a nice deal imo.

#991 4 years ago

Just heard my domestic LE could be shipping in the next 2-3 weeks

#992 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

- Wonkavator lock
- Better side art
- Better bezel art
- Invisiglass
- Shaker
- External volume control with headphone jack
- Number plate
To me it's worth the 2k?

Painted wire forms yes.

The Se has beautiful gloss black paint and it looks fantastic.. The blue being better is an opinion of color.

Translights and artwork fall into the opinion category Also.

#993 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Painted wire forms yes.
The Se has beautiful gloss black paint and it looks fantastic.. The blue being better is an opinion of color.

Translites and artwork fall in the opinion category also.

#994 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

All the jjp se are essentially the same as the le gameplay wise.... wonka is the first that's not just bling and upgrades and has slightly different gameplay and a added gameplay feature. . I think the le stuff is worth it in all cases tho bc i love invisaglass, powder coat, shakers and everything else they add to the le. Opinions may vary but alot if people like the le stuff. Glad their are options for everyone tho . And the se for under 8k shipped is a nice deal imo.

Under 7.5k street price pick up is a deal and a 1/2...

#995 4 years ago

What’s different as far as game play goes other than the ball lock?

#996 4 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

What’s different as far as game play goes other than the ball lock?

No difference gameplay wise other than the wonkavator. I’m calling my distributor tomorrow to order an LE. I got to put some games on it this weekend in Denver and loved it. Hopefully the 2-3 weeks mentioned above holds up.

#997 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

I’m calling my distributor tomorrow to order an LE. I got to put some games on it this weekend in Denver and loved it. Hopefully the 2-3 weeks mentioned above holds up.

Many of us put our deposit down for an LE by Monday morning after the game reveal. Kind of hope that we are in the "2-3 weeks to shipping" time frame. Ordering now should put one further out. Maybe. I have not heard anything yet, but my distributor told me on 6/26 "You will get one of the first as you ordered early."

#998 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Many of us put our deposit down for an LE by Monday morning after the game reveal. Kind of hope that we are in the "2-3 weeks to shipping" time frame. Ordering now should put one further out. Maybe. I have not heard anything yet, but my distributor told me on 6/26 "You will get one of the first as you ordered early."

Yeah, I don’t know where I’ll be. I’m hoping my distributor ordered more than he sold, so I’ll have one sooner. We’ll see.

#999 4 years ago

The gloss black on the armor, legs, coindoor and shooter really do look great.

I am a black trim guy.

079FC0AA-3F06-4579-89CC-8A51316322FD (resized).jpeg079FC0AA-3F06-4579-89CC-8A51316322FD (resized).jpegE8BF19C4-D578-466F-A204-CE55F764BEBB (resized).jpegE8BF19C4-D578-466F-A204-CE55F764BEBB (resized).jpeg
#1000 4 years ago

Fyi- pinstadiums are a must on this pin.

6547AC6F-0717-40F2-BEAE-F690B550B3A6 (resized).jpeg6547AC6F-0717-40F2-BEAE-F690B550B3A6 (resized).jpeg9DF250E9-E3FA-42BB-8FB7-E7F0E149964F (resized).jpeg9DF250E9-E3FA-42BB-8FB7-E7F0E149964F (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

11,000 (OBO)
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/20?hl=pbman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.