IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 280.
#10251 2 years ago

Had a screw fall out of diverter “plate” for Wonkavator - took a while to realize what was going on - long and short what a pain in the ass - there are 2 tiny machine screws that hold the diverted “plate” on to a coil post. One screw fell out and one completely
loosened up. Took 30 min to find that little SOB in the cabinet. Unless I’m missing something the Wonkavator assembly needs to be removed to get to this diverter. This operation wasn’t not too bad except for cutting the zip ties on the assembly wire harness. Once i got to the diverter I put a drop of blue lock-tight on each screw and hopefully it won’t happen again. Also if this ever happens to anyone else make sure to install the diverter plate back on the way it came off. If for some reason it gets turned around… the diverter post ends up on the wrong side and zero chance you would be able to tell just by looking at it. Turns out if you do accidentally put it on in the wrong orientation the opening isn’t enough for the ball to go through…… ask me how I know, or better yet ask me how many WTF’s were said trying to figure it out.

Anywho hopefully this is all I have to mess with for now and can continue to enjoy the game.

#10252 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Over the captive ball.
LTG : )

Thank you sir

#10253 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

Had a screw fall out of diverter “plate” for Wonkavator - took a while to realize what was going on - long and short what a pain in the ass - there are 2 tiny machine screws that hold the diverted “plate” on to a coil post. One screw fell out and one completely
loosened up. Took 30 min to find that little SOB in the cabinet. Unless I’m missing something the Wonkavator assembly needs to be removed to get to this diverter. This operation wasn’t not too bad except for cutting the zip ties on the assembly wire harness. Once i got to the diverter I put a drop of blue lock-tight on each screw and hopefully it won’t happen again. Also if this ever happens to anyone else make sure to install the diverter plate back on the way it came off. If for some reason it gets turned around… the diverter post ends up on the wrong side and zero chance you would be able to tell just by looking at it. Turns out if you do accidentally put it on in the wrong orientation the opening isn’t enough for the ball to go through…… ask me how I know, or better yet ask me how many WTF’s were said trying to figure it out.
Anywho hopefully this is all I have to mess with for now and can continue to enjoy the game.

I had the same issue. All you need to do is remove the coil assembly from below the playfield. Another Pinsider forwarded pics from JJP. Huge help. Was a 5 min fix. Also, he suggested adding blue loctite, so it won’t happen again.

93F21797-C136-4996-99DD-0A12596CC59F (resized).jpeg93F21797-C136-4996-99DD-0A12596CC59F (resized).jpeg999F91AD-0E00-45A2-BE03-E643E87B54EC (resized).jpeg999F91AD-0E00-45A2-BE03-E643E87B54EC (resized).jpeg
#10254 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I had the same issue. All you need to do is remove the coil assembly from below the playfield. Another Pinsider forwarded pics from JJP. Huge help. Was a 5 min fix. Also, he suggested adding blue loctite, so it won’t happen again.[quoted image][quoted image]

Appreciate the advice. I added the lock-tight, figure second time would be shame on me if I didn’t. For the life of me I couldn’t get it back in the slot in one piece. I tired sliding it in every way I could think and couldn’t get the damn thing in. Hence removing the Wonkavator assembly. I was prob doing something wrong. Bright side, now I can take the Wonkavator assembly off, with relative ease.

#10255 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Certainly not for me! I do appreciate the ease of the left ramp, as it's a way to get balls under control, but I have days when I cannot hit the TV saucer despite many, many flailing attempts. I love the left (kid multiball) lane... so satisfying when you nail it! The flow is great.

Kid Multiball is still the toughest shot for me by far. I like it though because it is doable, and the excitement (especially if you have all of the "kids") of starting up that multiball if you have all of the kids is amazing.

#10256 2 years ago

If you want a bit of a treat, switch attract mode music on - the pure imagination music is great! (Although the Jersey Jack one's somewhat irritating.)

#10257 2 years ago

How is attract mode supposed to work on Wonka? I turned the three attract mode options on but no noise or audio is working. Not hearing pure imagination.

#10258 2 years ago

So I did a update a while back and ever since I haven't gotten the boat ride. Seems like Wonkas office is easier but no boat ride. I liked the boat ride how to get to it now?

#10259 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

So I did a update a while back and ever since I haven't gotten the boat ride. Seems like Wonkas office is easier but no boat ride. I liked the boat ride how to get to it now?

Captive Ball mystery still.

#10260 2 years ago

New owner questions!
1. Why is the camera on sliding screws? Where should I tighten it down? It’s currently kind of loose but uncertain why it would slide at all.

2. When does the camera light go on? Not sure I’ve ever seen it even when streaming video which is when I’d presume it on.

3. Ball gets trapped above the right inlane. I’ve got it on easiest setting, I can slide it north a bit to prevent but curious if there’s a solution without widening my outlane. EDIT: Seems like this might have been due to a worn out rubber. Replaced and will see how that fares.

4. Not wonka-specific, but I either just caused this problem or noticed it: the shooter rod kind of rubs against the auto-plunger metal. Not sure what to adjust to fix.

Any other new setup tips to check for or implement? Looks like it could use a little Mylar at the wire form exits based on wear there.

Thanks!
6E007320-348D-406C-A209-BB996C9C9D6A (resized).jpeg6E007320-348D-406C-A209-BB996C9C9D6A (resized).jpeg

#10261 2 years ago

can the topper still be purchased anywhere? also do the new wonkas come with downloadable code or do i need something?

#10262 2 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

can the topper still be purchased anywhere?

Not on the website. You might contact Nate at JJP to see if it's available.

Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

also do the new wonkas come with downloadable code or do i need something?

They come with code, no idea of version in them. You can go to jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Willy Wonka , and see what the latest is. Instructions and software available there if you need it. Once the game is turned on. Press the enter diagnostic button once and look at lower right corner of the screen to see what version is in the game.

#10263 2 years ago

Thanks. New problem ugh. Game won’t kick out balls and I keep hearing the right middle up kicker trying to kick something up and this what I see below. Was working fine , not sure if something came loose but I can’t play now

199DA4D3-40F5-465E-9DF3-84175C1C9084 (resized).jpeg199DA4D3-40F5-465E-9DF3-84175C1C9084 (resized).jpeg
#10264 2 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

not sure if something came loose

Looks like an opto sensor. They come in twos, one on each side. Find the hole missing one and stick it back in.

Probable the stainless steel wall going under the theater, on top side of playfield - one side fell out.

#10265 2 years ago

LTG thanks got it fixed!

#10266 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

How is attract mode supposed to work on Wonka? I turned the three attract mode options on but no noise or audio is working. Not hearing pure imagination.

It typically plays ~15mins after switching the game on. Sometimes the Jersey Jack music plays instead. Double check in the system settings menu that Attract Mode Music is on, as it's off by default. Well worth a listen!

#10267 2 years ago

I noticed there is a topper brightness setting - but it does nothing. Anyone know if this is just a placeholder for future enhancement?

#10268 2 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

can the topper still be purchased anywhere? also do the new wonkas come with downloadable code or do i need something?

Automated has the topper. https://www.coinoppartsetc.com/product/games-parts-pinball-machine-parts/jersey-jack-willy-wonka-limited-edition-pinball-machine

I really wish they would do an update to the code allowing the option to dim the topper (the option is there but it doesn't work). It's way too bright during game play.

#10269 2 years ago

My 13 year old destroyed my high score by a country mile. Final score was 43 million. Best I had done was 3 golden tickets. He got all 5 and got to pure imagination. That was really cool to see and not really sure who was more excited. At least I still rule the roost on GNR

6E82441E-372F-4FD5-B7E3-CA7656B802E5 (resized).jpeg6E82441E-372F-4FD5-B7E3-CA7656B802E5 (resized).jpegBB91E8E1-FB57-4D95-9DD7-51270E276504 (resized).jpegBB91E8E1-FB57-4D95-9DD7-51270E276504 (resized).jpeg
#10270 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Still exists as a random Captive Ball Mystery Award. I got it 3 games in a row yesterday.

I've still never heard the scream at the end though...

#10271 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

My 13 year old destroyed my high score by a country mile. Final score was 43 million. Best I had done was 3 golden tickets. He got all 5 and got to pure imagination. That was really cool to see and not really sure who was more excited. At least I still rule the roost on GNR
[quoted image][quoted image]

First off, that's impressive! Wow! Well done.

I have to ask, not to diminish the win but to salve our own bruised egos over here...was that on stock settings? Inlane posts on the right moved? Cheater post on left installed?

#10272 2 years ago
Quoted from prentice:

New owner questions!
1. Why is the camera on sliding screws? Where should I tighten it down? It’s currently kind of loose but uncertain why it would slide at all.

4. Not wonka-specific, but I either just caused this problem or noticed it: the shooter rod kind of rubs against the auto-plunger metal. Not sure what to adjust to fix. .
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Still unclear about whether to tighten camera down in glass position or back position and I can’t for the life of me understand why it should slide at all.

Also I loosened screws of shooter housing and was able to partially/mostly fix the rubbing, but are there any adjustments to consider for the auto-plunger? It seems a little off when looking at my DI. Should it ever be adjusted? Does it slide upward at all?

#10273 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I have to ask, not to diminish the win but to salve our own bruised egos over here...was that on stock settings? Inlane posts on the right moved? Cheater post on left installed?

Stock 3 ball game - Cheater post add to “hardest” spot - right inlane moved 1/2 way.

#10274 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

Stock 3 ball game - Cheater post add to “hardest” spot - right inlane moved 1/

Stock 3 ball game - Cheater post add to “hardest” spot - right inlane moved 1/2 way.

I basically play to enjoy so I’ll set the games up that make for most enjoyment and challenge for me.

I have GNR set up with all factory settings but it’s a 5 ball game. Games just weren’t lasting that long.

WOZ is set up on easiest settings, 5 balls and I moved the posts. With it set up like that I have only beat the witch once and never even come close to somewhere over the rainbow.

All of that said I think my son just had one of those games, cause he played a bunch of games after that one and never cracked 10 million or more than 2 golden tickets

#10275 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

DAYUM

#10276 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me if coinoppartsect.com is a legit website to buy from. They have a machine I am itching for.

#10277 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Oh come on daveyvandy ... I think my highest score ever was 4.5M, but I'll give it a shot...I mean, 65M?!?! HOW???
[quoted image]

Simple, take the glass off and stop the outlanes

#10278 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Simple, take the glass off and stop the outlanes

Damn, I should have thought of that. Then I would have reached 100 million for that Easter egg people in the forum mentioned...
Still wouldn't fix the pops sending the ball straight down the middle on this machine lol.

#10279 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Damn, I should have thought of that. Then I would have reached 100 million for that Easter egg people in the forum mentioned...
Still wouldn't fix the pops sending the ball straight down the middle on this machine lol.

I was really impressed with myself getting above 4M yesterday. I'm just too distracted, because I'm constantly checking if the achievements and score updates look right.

#10280 2 years ago

I look up at the screen and it messes me up. I have to stop doing that. I have around 5m for my high score.

#10281 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I look up at the screen and it messes me up. I have to stop doing that. I have around 5m for my high score.

It’s becoming my favorite game.

#10282 2 years ago

7m here but it always keeps me coming back.

#10283 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Can anyone tell me if coinoppartsect.com is a legit website to buy from. They have a machine I am itching for.

Yes they are legit. Run by same folks as Automated Services.

#10284 2 years ago

I rarely ever look at the tv on the playfield…how about you all?

#10285 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I rarely ever look at the tv on the playfield…how about you all?

You should, at least during Kid Multiball. It shows you which of the 7 kid shots you've made and which you still need for the golden ticket.

#10286 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Luckily, I have never had that problem on my machine!

#10287 2 years ago

My GC score is just over 10mm. Over the weekend, I missed beating it by less than 20,000 points. It could have been a bumper hit at that point lol.

Was very exciting though!

#10288 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Following your handy tutorial I have made it to PI three times on stock settings over about 1 year of ownership (although never got past phase 1 of PI which was so frustrating!). I did move inlane posts to easiest. Not sure about cheater post? DO you mean move the leftside post into that spot where the black cap was? Yes I did that too. Much more fun IMO! Currently 53 mill GC.

I have a 14 year old who now has GC on my other 6 machines and this is the only one he hasn't beat me at yet (he is actively trying!). Kids definitely have better reflexes and accuracy than us old guys

#10289 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Following your handy tutorial I have made it to PI three times on stock settings over about 1 year of ownership (although never got past phase 1 of PI which was so frustrating!). I did move inlane posts to easiest. Not sure about cheater post? DO you mean move the leftside post into that spot where the black cap was? Yes I did that too. Much more fun IMO! Currently 53 mill GC.

Awesome, glad you're having fun! That's what it's all about.

I would love to move the inlane posts but my wife insists on doing things in hard mode.

#10290 2 years ago

my left ramp shot can be clunky if not hit dead on, any tips for correcting this?

#10291 2 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

my left ramp shot can be clunky if not hit dead on, any tips for correcting this?

Hrm. That's a really smooth shot, normally.

How many plays? Have you ever changed the flipper coil sleeves? Are the flippers aligned to the ball guides using a straightedge?

#10292 2 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Also make sure the ramp isn’t loose to the playfield-

#10293 2 years ago

I only want to own RGB games going forward. My Star Trek Prem, Wonka and Hobbit all have RGB playfield lights. That said, does anyone have any advice on how to brighten up the GI lighting "slightly" on Wonka. No overkill here, just feel it is a bit too dark. Please, no one mention pinstadium either.

#10294 2 years ago

Please, no one mention pinstadium either.

That's the only way I know of. Turn on the room lights?

#10295 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That's the only way I know of. Turn on the room lights?

I want to be able to play it with lights off or dimmed but improve the playfield lighting slightly. Maybe the trough lighting kit would help?

#10296 2 years ago

I want to be able to play it with lights off or dimmed but improve the playfield lighting slightly. Maybe the trough lighting kit would help?

Maybe some more spot lights. I'm a pin stadium fan.

#10297 2 years ago

Make a set of stadium lighting for 25.00 ,or turn on lights ,trough will not be enough.

#10298 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Make a set of stadium lighting for 25.00

Would love to see a parts list to do this.

#10299 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Maybe some more spot lights. I'm a pin stadium fan.

Just not a fan of $350 for lights.

#10300 2 years ago

I only want to own RGB games going forward. My Star Trek Prem, Wonka and Hobbit all have RGB playfield lights. That said, does anyone have any advice on how to brighten up the GI lighting "slightly" on Wonka. No overkill here, just feel it is a bit too dark. Please, no one mention pinstadium either.

There is actually a setting in the menu to bump up the led brightness one notch. Can't remember if it's inserts only or includes GI but worth a look. I think it's under system settings?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,600 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/206 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.