IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 278.
#10201 2 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

how does one reach nate?

Call there or open a ticket on the help desk under support.

LTG : )

#10202 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Call there or open a ticket on the help desk under support.

Thanks again!

#10203 2 years ago

Got to wonkas office for the first time yesterday. Didn’t last long unfortunately, was too excited. Was a fun game.

43149DD0-1803-4E95-9DAB-C1F8841FFD98 (resized).png43149DD0-1803-4E95-9DAB-C1F8841FFD98 (resized).pngF6C4E21B-FE47-4928-B3ED-E37EBCB76476 (resized).jpegF6C4E21B-FE47-4928-B3ED-E37EBCB76476 (resized).jpeg
#10204 2 years ago

Going to drive me knutz having to wait until the 25th to play

B34486C6-BCC2-4DAB-968E-D17AF33C69F0 (resized).jpegB34486C6-BCC2-4DAB-968E-D17AF33C69F0 (resized).jpegE5093DF4-1E72-4F10-9B32-59DCBCF2EBA5 (resized).jpegE5093DF4-1E72-4F10-9B32-59DCBCF2EBA5 (resized).jpeg
#10205 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Man O man that would drive me crazy. Must be what The kids felt like Days before going to the Willy Wonka chocolate factory

#10206 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

Enjoy the anxious anticipation brother…that’s a “gift” all in itself!

Helps you rediscover your inner child on Christmas.

Something we all started to lose around the time that so called “friend” of yours debunked Santa Claus.
(We all had that same friend)

Wonka LE on Christmas Day?!?!

How awesome is that day gonna be? I bet you’ll be waking up at 3am.

Pro tip: secretly set all the clocks in your house ahead 2hrs (or so) before going to bed on Christmas. 2hrs is about the max you can push it cause the lack of sunrise blows the scam. Stupid G-type yellow-dwarf main sequence star.

#10207 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

I couldn’t do it. Great game. Congrats. I like it the best of all the JJP

#10208 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Man O man that would drive me crazy. Must be what The kids felt like Days before going to the Willy Wonka chocolate factory

Thanks

#10209 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Enjoy the anxious anticipation brother…that’s a “gift” all in itself!
Helps you rediscover your inner child on Christmas.
Something we all started to lose around the time that so called “friend” of yours debunked Santa Claus.
(We all had that same friend)
Wonka LE on Christmas Day?!?!
How awesome is that day gonna be? I bet you’ll be waking up at 3am.
Pro tip: secretly set all the clocks in your house ahead 2hrs (or so) before going to bed on Christmas. 2hrs is about the max you can push it cause the lack of sunrise blows the scam. Stupid G-type yellow-dwarf main sequence star.

Thanks all the kids are older so according to the wife I’m the only “child” left

#10210 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

Thanks all the kids are older so according to the wife I’m the only “child” left

The only child, who never left!

#10211 2 years ago

Simple question, helping neighbor update his Wonka and WoZ to the latest code. Wonka has 1.32 and WoZ has 7.02. Which code on JJP’s site should I be using?

Wonka - Willy Wonka Full Install 2.03 [USA Mirror] ?
WoZ - Wizard of Oz Full Install 7.04 [USA Mirror] ?

#10212 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Which code on JJP’s site should I be using?

If all else fails read the instructions on the download page. If Willy Wonka is on 1.34 you can do the Delta to 2.03, if lower than 1.34 then full install.

If Wizard Of Oz is on 7.03 you can do the Delta to 7.04. If lower than 7.03 then full install.

Go to the game with it turned on, open coin door. Hit the enter button once. Look at the lower right corner of the screen. The software version currently in the game is there.

#10213 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Wonka has 1.32 and WoZ has 7.02. Which code on JJP’s site should I be using?

Full installs for both. Either mirror works. US mirror is closer to you, only difference. They both do the cam thing.

#10214 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Full installs for both. Either mirror works. US mirror is closer to you, only difference. They both do the cam thing.

Thanks Lloyd, much appreciated!

#10215 2 years ago

Is the current code Beta 6?

#10216 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

LTG,

Did you watch the jersey jack Christmas broadcast today? They kept referencing two games coming out in 2022. Did they do that on purpose?

#10217 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Did you watch the jersey jack Christmas broadcast today?

No.

Quoted from hiker2099:

Did they do that on purpose?

I have no way of knowing.

Quoted from hiker2099:

They kept referencing two games coming out in 2022.

They've been striving for two games a year for some time. I hope they do it. Great times for pinball.

#10218 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Did you watch the jersey jack Christmas broadcast today?

Where is it, or was it ? I didn't see it on Facebook or their Youtube videos. Been to busy helping people with their games before the holiday.

#10219 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

LTG,
Did you watch the jersey jack Christmas broadcast today? They kept referencing two games coming out in 2022. Did they do that on purpose?

Two games a year is actually code for one game in two years.

#10220 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Where is it, or was it ? I didn't see it on Facebook or their Youtube videos. Been to busy helping people with their games before the holiday.

https://www.facebook.com/188992294452708/posts/5099231453428743/?d=n

Hope this link works

#10221 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Two games a year is actually code for one game in two years.

I don't think so. I know there have been delays in the past. But since the move of assembly to Chicago where their other office/programmers etc. are. They have been working hard at it.

It was reported recently they now have the second line going. Which will be great for them to make two games a year a reality.

#10222 2 years ago

I think two games a year with JJP top notch quality would be perfect. I don’t like how Stern pushes out so many game titles in one year.

#10223 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Hope this link works

Appears to work. Thank you !

#10224 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Appears to work.

Nice podcast. Even though my counterpart Ken didn't include me.

My sentiments are the same as those on the podcast. Glad 2021 is winding down. And looking forward to a great and exciting 2022 !

#10225 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't think so. I know there have been delays in the past. But since the move of assembly to Chicago where their other office/programmers etc. are. They have been working hard at it.
It was reported recently they now have the second line going. Which will be great for them to make two games a year a reality.

I was being sarcastic

#10226 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I think two games a year with JJP top notch quality would be perfect. I don’t like how Stern pushes out so many game titles in one year.

Huh?

#10227 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I was being sarcastic

Sorry. You have to type slower if you want us old guys to get it.

#10228 2 years ago

They are both great companies. I feel Stern is hit or miss with there titles/pins. JMHO JJP does a solid job picking themes and finding the right design for them.

#10229 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I think two games a year with JJP top notch quality would be perfect.

Maybe strive for one/year first with actual quality and playfields not falling apart

#10230 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

They are both great companies. I feel Stern is hit or miss with there titles/pins. JMHO JJP does a solid job picking themes and finding the right design for them.

I'm a big fan of what JJP does, but I respectfully disagree. Hobbit - theme based on movies that largely bombed and a playfield design that's below average. Dialed In - great design, terrible theme. Pirates - great design, poorly executed theme (if not a questionable theme).

You might look at the current market and say that Pirates and Hobbit were homeruns, but when they were released/manufactured that was hardly the case.

You might not like all Sterns, but Stern routinely puts out top themes at a rate that keeps things fresh for operators. Their designs can be hit or miss for each particular player, but volume allows them to manufacturer just about something for everyone every single year.

#10231 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Maybe strive for one/year first with actual quality and playfields not falling apart

I know so many people have said that about the playfields. My playfield has been great, I’m not sure why the difference in playfields. Although my Wonka came out of the new batch so maybe the playfields cured longer. Assuming they fix the issue I think they are way better quality.

#10232 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I'm a big fan of what JJP does, but I respectfully disagree. Hobbit - theme based on movies that largely bombed and a playfield design that's below average. Dialed In - great design, terrible theme. Pirates - great design, poorly executed theme (if not a questionable theme).
You might look at the current market and say that Pirates and Hobbit were homeruns, but when they were released/manufactured that was hardly the case.
You might not like all Sterns, but Stern routinely puts out top themes at a rate that keeps things fresh for operators. Their designs can be hit or miss for each particular player, but volume allows them to manufacturer just about something for everyone every single year.

I get your point. I have no experience as an operator, And I live in a part of Florida that doesn’t have many pinball machines. However, I feel like Stern targets the operator market where JJP targets the home market. You’re right though I wasn’t around in Pinball when Hobbit and Pirates came out.

On the dialed in part, I think JJP was trying to target the young market. Harley Davidson has had a problem for over a decade trying to get the up-and-coming riders to stay on Harleys. And their biggest setback is trying to appease their loyal purchasers from previous decades. At some point, pinball will have to do the same thing as our generation gets old the young generations are going to have different nostalgias. Not that dialed in was an awesome theme but I think they were going for something.

#10233 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I get your point. I have no experience as an operator, And I live in a part of Florida that doesn’t have many pinball machines. However, I feel like Stern targets the operator market where JJP targets the home market. You’re right though I wasn’t around in Pinball when Hobbit and Pirates came out.
On the dialed in part, I think JJP was trying to target the young market. Harley Davidson has had a problem for over a decade trying to get the up-and-coming riders to stay on Harleys. And their biggest setback is trying to appease their loyal purchasers from previous decades. At some point, pinball will have to do the same thing as our generation gets old the young generations are going to have different nostalgias. Not that dialed in was an awesome theme but I think they were going for something.

My take on Dialed In is that it was pulled together to target long-time pinball fans. It's literally a greatest hits of Pat Lawlor's Williams titles, all wrapped up in a modern package. I like it for that reason (not to mention, it's a good shooter)... but DI was designed to sell games using the Lawlor name and Pat's connection to longtime players. Perhaps the cellphone was a reach to younger generations. Don't know

#10234 2 years ago

Has anyone powdercoated their standard?
If so I'd love to see and get some ideas. Thanks!

#10235 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Has anyone powdercoated their standard?
If so I'd love to see and get some ideas. Thanks!

Quick question. Are the rails in a powder coat? I am trying to figure out the substance because I would like to do that with my AIQ pin.

#10236 2 years ago

tv hole and captive ball does not work... tried to put new little opto board in and got the same result.. does anyone have any pictures of sensors or any ideas,of what i should do next? tried switch test....nothing registers on captive ball and tv hole...thanks,,,trying to get ww to work for christmas day..

#10237 2 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

what i should do next?

Unplug them from the opto driver board and plug into a different spot on it ( even if you have to remove another one ) then see if it registers on the screen, it will register as something else if it's working.

Then you'd know if the optos in there are working. If not go over them. If so then the issues is the opto driver board, or connectors from it to the I/O board.

#10238 2 years ago

Check the switches and diode legs along row 1 (white with black trace) looking for a double wire with one broken or poorly soldered or a broken diode leg

Screenshot 2021-12-24 193547 (resized).pngScreenshot 2021-12-24 193547 (resized).png
#10239 2 years ago

Issue here, Wonka LE that doesn't hook up to wifi? When you select search for network connections it says searching for a microsecond and then gives up. My wifi signal is strong and even if I didnt have it, it should find any other surrounding signals. Any ideas?

#10240 2 years ago

You have a WiFi dongle in your game ?

https://www.microcenter.com/product/604932/tp-link-archer-t2u-nano-ac600-nano-wireless-usb-adapter

Software up to date - 2.03 ?

If you have all that, try plugging the dongle into a different USB port on the motherboard.

#10241 2 years ago

Oh come on daveyvandy ... I think my highest score ever was 4.5M, but I'll give it a shot...I mean, 65M?!?! HOW???

Screenshot_20211224-191725 (resized).pngScreenshot_20211224-191725 (resized).png

#10242 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Oh come on daveyvandy ... I think my highest score ever was 4.5M, but I'll give it a shot...I mean, 65M?!?! HOW???
[quoted image]

Lol, it did take me almost an hour
Got to pure imagination too! Looks like JJP updated the mode significantly on latest software.
I've seen guys on here break 100 million, but they weren't on Scorbit, so I've got the global top score ... for now

#10243 2 years ago

For other new members to the club wondering about lighting: This is my new LE after clear Titans, mirror blades, and one interactive RGB strip from Hooked on Pinball. I mounted it at the top of the rear of the playfield. The game has plenty of light without any overhead. I did need to trim the left rear ramp edge slightly, as it rubbed the cabinet, even before blade install.

(Glass off, as I was getting a hot spot not visible in person, but in photos)

20211224_214523 (resized).jpg20211224_214523 (resized).jpg
#10244 2 years ago

Worth the wait. Just getting into it today. Cracked 10 million on it. Dare I say I like how it plays/flows more than GNR. I have been a single pinball machine person for 25 years. Started with a comet, got a TOTAN for $1900 after it was on route for 3 months (yeah wish i had that one back) Kept it 10 years. Did even swap for Simpsons. Kept that one 10 years and bought WOZ. That machine hooked me. I’m completely addicted to JJPs modern machines they are next level.

0A4302BE-6E49-4B48-BC8B-CA180BEB6093 (resized).jpeg0A4302BE-6E49-4B48-BC8B-CA180BEB6093 (resized).jpeg517B5FC9-5EF0-42C0-A8F4-99230D631717 (resized).jpeg517B5FC9-5EF0-42C0-A8F4-99230D631717 (resized).jpegC8D3D47F-0247-4015-A87B-026EBE089FD5 (resized).jpegC8D3D47F-0247-4015-A87B-026EBE089FD5 (resized).jpegDF629585-17A2-41F4-89E7-219BE5752572 (resized).jpegDF629585-17A2-41F4-89E7-219BE5752572 (resized).jpeg
#10245 2 years ago

Evidence suggests you may not be the single pinball machine person you thought you were.

Just got my Wonka as well, so great! Perhaps a little too easy of shots? But seems great for newer players. Goes super well alongside my WOZ (medium difficulty) and Dialed In (harder difficulty). Will be a challenge to figure out which one to sell in the new year, maybe the Woz even though I think it’s the best overall pin package.

#10246 2 years ago
Quoted from prentice:

Just got my Wonka as well, so great! Perhaps a little too easy of shots? But seems great for newer players.

Says every new owner of Wonka till they try to beat it. This game just kicks my butt at 3 golden tickets. Ass kicker but love it every time!!!

#10247 2 years ago
Quoted from prentice:

Perhaps a little too easy of shots?

Certainly not for me! I do appreciate the ease of the left ramp, as it's a way to get balls under control, but I have days when I cannot hit the TV saucer despite many, many flailing attempts. I love the left (kid multiball) lane... so satisfying when you nail it! The flow is great.

#10248 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You have a WiFi dongle in your game ?
https://www.microcenter.com/product/604932/tp-link-archer-t2u-nano-ac600-nano-wireless-usb-adapter
Software up to date - 2.03 ?
If you have all that, try plugging the dongle into a different USB port on the motherboard.

Thank you! That did the trick!

#10249 2 years ago

Any ideas where this came from?

7C264CA8-9C02-470F-B644-66911487309E (resized).jpeg7C264CA8-9C02-470F-B644-66911487309E (resized).jpeg
#10250 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

Any ideas where this came from?

Over the captive ball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/205?hl=gorditas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.