Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 10.52.40 AM (resized).png
20220107_100734 (resized).jpg
66D72AF2-3E85-43A4-BE7D-B739C7903A87 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1051 (resized).JPG
IMG_1051 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
372637F9-957E-42D4-AF78-7AAC3B0A9B51 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 213.
#10151 50 days ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

EDIT: I ran the shaker motor test sequence this morning; no errors or issues (the test runs for about 7 or 8 seconds). Still thinking it is the code update.
Also FYI on another topic, I contacted JJP support for separate issue over a month ago and got NO response whatsoever except for the automated "we'll get back to you" email. Appreciate the folks on Pinside for help.

Call them. Always call. Unless it's a warranty concern; then you need documentation that you started the concern. Otherwise, always call.

#10152 50 days ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Did you get this taken care of? Mine was doing the same thing and what happened was the diverted flag came off. Is it ever staying locked up there when super lock is lit?

Been traveling and crazy busy... so havent' had a chance to look.

Do see the diverter flag look like a flat rectangle... maybe 1" by 3"?

#10153 50 days ago

Thanks. I’ll now buy a dongle.

#10154 50 days ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

EDIT: I ran the shaker motor test sequence this morning; no errors or issues (the test runs for about 7 or 8 seconds). Still thinking it is the code update.

I have not seen this. In fact the code has substantially more effects, such as loud farting during the Wonka Wash.

#10155 50 days ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Thanks. I’ll now buy a dongle.

Can somebody post a link to the recommended dongle and anything else you need for Bluetooth on Wonka?

#10156 50 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I have not seen this. In fact the code has substantially more effects, such as loud farting during the Wonka Wash.

Thx zaphX, good to know, I think I'll just set it to the default motor strength and do some more play testing and see what "shakes" out

#10157 50 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Can somebody post a link to the recommended dongle and anything else you need for Bluetooth on Wonka?

Here's the Bluetooth adapter.

amazon.com link »

While we're at it, here's the WiFi adapter to enable WiFi on the game:

amazon.com link »

#10158 50 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

WiFi, Bluetooth, and hub to plug more than one thing into the USB cable by the cashbox.

WiFi :
https://www.microcenter.com/product/604932/tp-link-archer-t2u-nano-ac600-nano-wireless-usb-adapter

Bluetooth :
https://www.microcenter.com/product/426849/asus-usb-bt400-usb-20-bluetooth-40-adapter

USB Hub :
https://www.microcenter.com/product/485912/inland-4-port-usb-31-(gen-1-type-a)-hub---black

LTG : )

#10159 50 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

The plastic on back right is right against side. Can’t even get my side art protectors in there. I have side art coming and have no idea how to give it more room. Thoughts???
[quoted image]

I have the same issue. I want to put mirrors in but concerned about clearance.

#10160 50 days ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Thanks. In a sort of pinball buying paralysis right now because of how awesome Wonka is. I like everything about Hobbit except the longer game times. Trying to avoid another Stern for various reasons, only one I'd currently consider is Tron or Godzilla Premium but that seems impossible given demand. Family still really wants a Hobbit.

I have Godzilla and I highly recommend. (also have Hobbit). I say get on the list for a Godzilla premium and when it comes it comes. I play that and Wonka a LOT.

#10162 50 days ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Here's the Bluetooth adapter.
amazon.com link »
While we're at it, here's the WiFi adapter to enable WiFi on the game:
amazon.com link »

Thanks man

#10163 48 days ago

I'm seeing some smudges on the Wonkavision LCD. How do I remove the clear plastic as its on the other side of it and needs to be removed to clean it. Thanks.

#10164 48 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

I'm seeing some smudges on the Wonkavision LCD. How do I remove the clear plastic as its on the other side of it and needs to be removed to clean it. Thanks.

Check out page C-28 in the manual. It looks like 2 screws to remove the assembly, then some screws to remove the front fascia.

And afterwards, be sure to contribute to the Butch Peel Appreciation thread - he did manuals like nobody else.

#10165 48 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Check out page C-28 in the manual. It looks like 2 screws to remove the assembly, then some screws to remove the front fascia.
And afterwards, be sure to contribute to the Butch Peel Appreciation thread - he did manuals like nobody else.

Thanks. Got it. Not too bad. Had to replace the clear plastic as it had some scratches on the inside. Glad I had a nice size sheet to cut down and use in its place.

#10166 48 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

Thanks. Got it. Not too bad. Had to replace the clear plastic as it had some scratches on the inside. Glad I had a nice size sheet to cut down and use in its place.

I really want to find a suitable replacement for that LCD. The one in my Wonka is super washed out and crappy. The one in Guns is exponentially better.

#10167 48 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

I have Godzilla and I highly recommend. (also have Hobbit). I say get on the list for a Godzilla premium and when it comes it comes. I play that and Wonka a LOT.

Those are my two go twos from my collection. Godzilla is so fast and frenzied, it’s nice to switch to a slower paced wonka. Both are a blast

#10168 48 days ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Following up on this - Spoke to Joe and he is sending me a new set of the Hollograffix they apparently just released for Wonka.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/jjp-willy-wonka-pinblades-holograffix
I will post a picture when received - I didnt realize these existed!

Those look pretty cool. How do they look installed? I've got mirror blades on a few games to give just a bit of extra illumination. Is this game bright enough in a basement setting on it's own?

#10169 48 days ago

I’m still rolling ver.1.38 Is there a big difference if I update code?

#10170 48 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Read the change log. That may help you.

https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/wonka_changelog.txt

#10171 48 days ago

I saw that it’s quite a long list which makes me think it’s well worth it.I was trying to get people in the know to convince me to quit being lazy and get this done.

#10172 48 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I was trying to get people in the know to convince me to quit being lazy and get this done.

It's a great update. Quite stalling and get 'er done.

You'll be glad you did.

#10173 47 days ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Those look pretty cool. How do they look installed? I've got mirror blades on a few games to give just a bit of extra illumination. Is this game bright enough in a basement setting on it's own?

The game is quite dark to be honest. I've got mirror blades and neo pin stadiums and it looks wonderful. You can also go into the settings and turn up the brightness of the LEDs one notch.

#10174 47 days ago

Could you post a pic with the mirror blades on?

Quoted from daveyvandy:

The game is quite dark to be honest. I've got mirror blades and neo pin stadiums and it looks wonderful. You can also go into the settings and turn up the brightness of the LEDs one notch.

#10175 47 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Plays like an entirely new game, everything better balanced and more fun. Absolutely recommended.

#10176 47 days ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Could you post a pic with the mirror blades on?

Don't mind the pink throw-up... It's at my dad's house currently and he loves changing the pin stadiums to random colors.

IMG_20211209_181609 (resized).jpgIMG_20211209_181611 (resized).jpgIMG_20211209_181614 (resized).jpg
#10177 45 days ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Did you get this taken care of? Mine was doing the same thing and what happened was the diverted flag came off. Is it ever staying locked up there when super lock is lit?

Ok. Pretty sure my diverter flag fell off too!

How difficult was it to get to that area of the game? Looks like I need to take the wonkavator off... and a ramp or two?\

#10178 45 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I need to take the wonkavator off...

Wonkavator is a few connectors and locknuts under the playfield. Then lifts up and out.

#10179 44 days ago

On the new LE’s there is a contraption under the gobstopper that keeps the gobstopper target mech from going too far and the switch roller getting stuck on top (jamming up the whole mechanism). Lots of fixes out there (I 3D printed a fix, I hear that tightening the switch by putting a piece of paper in there works), but would love to install the new factory fix which seems pretty clever. Anybody ask JJP about this?

#10180 44 days ago

anyone looking for a new out of box LE with 16 plays on it I listed one in the market place...have a few interested but still available at this moment.

#10181 44 days ago

Can someone who has installed the 2 piece cliffy shooter eject give some help. Where do I install the rectangular piece of the set? Or, is it a second option?

#10182 44 days ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

On the new LE’s there is a contraption under the gobstopper that keeps the gobstopper target mech from going too far and the switch roller getting stuck on top (jamming up the whole mechanism). Lots of fixes out there (I 3D printed a fix, I hear that tightening the switch by putting a piece of paper in there works), but would love to install the new factory fix which seems pretty clever. Anybody ask JJP about this?

I would also like to do the factory contraption fix as well. Did they revise the manual with a drawing of it ?

#10183 44 days ago

Can someone who has installed the 2 piece cliffy shooter eject give some help. Where do I install the rectangular piece of the set? Or, is it a second option?

http://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/JJP-Wonka-set001.jpg shows 2 ?

http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm scroll 1/3rd of the way down more pictures.

Maybe that will help.

#10184 44 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

http://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/JJP-Wonka-set001.jpg shows 2 ?
http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm scroll 1/3rd of the way down more pictures.
Maybe that will help.

I cannot figure out how to install the rectangular piece that comes in the 2 piece set. Where does it go? I outlined it with red in the pic.

51A71016-FA2D-4E34-B45F-2C89C0D5DE86 (resized).jpeg
#10185 44 days ago

I cannot figure out how to install the rectangular piece that comes in the 2 piece set. Where does it go? I outlined it with red in the pic.[quoted image]

Goes on the right. Look at any of the photos on his site as #LTG directed you to.

45454 (resized).jpeg
#10186 43 days ago

I cannot figure out how to install the rectangular piece that comes in the 2 piece set. Where does it go? I outlined it with red in the pic.[quoted image]

Its a PITA if you ask me...

While I fully support Cliffy, I have found this to be a good temporary fix. I do feel it will break eventually.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-mods/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector?variant=18133347565665

#10187 43 days ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I would also like to do the factory contraption fix as well. Did they revise the manual with a drawing of it ?

Manual on the website has a date before the LE’a came out so assuming it’s not been updated. Waiting for a picture of it to send a note to JJP support.

#10188 41 days ago

Is the auto-launch bracket supposed to sit as low as this? I'm wondering if it is positioned too low because the washer and e-clip holding the spring onto the shooter rod keep contacting the back edge of the bracket when plunging the ball and I don't believe that should be happening.

WW auto-launch bracket (resized).jpg
#10189 41 days ago
Quoted from mostater:

Is the auto-launch bracket supposed to sit as low as this? I'm wondering if it is positioned too low because the washer and e-clip holding the spring onto the shooter rod keep contacting the back edge of the bracket when plunging the ball and I don't believe that should be happening.

Inside the cabinet loosen the three screws holding the plunger assembly and lower it a tiny bit and retighten the screws.

#10190 41 days ago
Quoted from mostater:

[quoted image]

This is a fairly common issue I've seen on a lot of different machines that you have to make some minor adjustments to the plunger assembly. Always good to loosen up and align so the tip is in the middle of the ball and to ensure no obstructions.

#10191 41 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Inside the cabinet loosen the three screws holding the plunger assembly and lower it a tiny bit and retighten the screws.

Quoted from insight75:

This is a fairly common issue I've seen on a lot of different machines that you have to make some minor adjustments to the plunger assembly. Always good to loosen up and align so the tip is in the middle of the ball and to ensure no obstructions.

Thanks LTG and insight75. I had to mess around with the assembly for a while but finally got it so that there is no interference.

#10192 40 days ago
Quoted from mostater:

Thanks LTG and insight75. I had to mess around with the assembly for a while but finally got it so that there is no interference.

I had the same issue. Adjusting the autolauncher bracket fixed me up too.

I agree with others, there will always be some minor adjustments needed to keep these machines running correctly. Being a pin owner is not a maintenance-free experience, by any stretch of the imagination.

#10193 40 days ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Manual on the website has a date before the LE’a came out so assuming it’s not been updated. Waiting for a picture of it to send a note to JJP support.

So apparently I've lost my mind. Got a couple of pictures of the new LE's, and its the same as the CE, although haven't had anybody complain about the same issue. Maybe they made that switch arm longer. I'm not sure what I thought I saw.

Anybody with a new LE have the issue with the switch arm/roller coming over the target bracket on top?

#10194 40 days ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

So apparently I've lost my mind. Got a couple of pictures of the new LE's, and its the same as the CE, although haven't had anybody complain about the same issue. Maybe they made that switch arm longer. I'm not sure what I thought I saw.
Anybody with a new LE have the issue with the switch arm/roller coming over the target bracket on top?

That issue was always loose/floppy microswitch arm. They either changed part vendors or changed install procedure to stop breaking it on install, I'd guess.

#10195 40 days ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

None yet (knock on wood)

#10196 40 days ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I did

#10197 39 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Ok. Pretty sure my diverter flag fell off too!
How difficult was it to get to that area of the game? Looks like I need to take the wonkavator off... and a ramp or two?\

I can send you an email to help. Make sure you find the two screws that hold the flag on and get loctite to re attach it. I didn’t have it originally and by the time I got some, it was about to fall off again. Let me know in PM if you need the walkthrough. Steve send me comprehensive pics. It’s an easy fix. Hardest part was getting the flag out as it’s not magnetic. I attached some double sided 3M tape to a telescoping magnet and got it out that way.

#10198 39 days ago

Can someone tell me where to get the airball protector for the right ramp please? Out of the blue I just started having the ball fly off the right ramp, never had it before. Checked the level and nothing has changed but I bet it happened 6 times tonight when I have never had it happen before.

#10199 39 days ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Can someone tell me where to get the airball protector for the right ramp please?

Try Nate at JJP.

#10200 39 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Try Nate at JJP.

Thank you LOG! If i may ask, how does one reach nate?

There are 10,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 213.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside