20220107_100734 (resized).jpg
66D72AF2-3E85-43A4-BE7D-B739C7903A87 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1051 (resized).JPG
IMG_1051 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
372637F9-957E-42D4-AF78-7AAC3B0A9B51 (resized).jpeg
20220112_232717 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,588 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 212.
#10101 53 days ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Safe to say you like GNR much more then the Hobbit?

Tough to compare/choose and both really amazing machines. Think it depends on the theme and vibe you are looking for. Hobbit matches the whimsical theme of WW in some ways but GNR matches the updated technology, light shows and brings that rock feel to pinball which just goes together oh so well! Bottom line if you are looking for something to stand up to WW you can't go wrong with either.

#10102 53 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So there’s never a time where you hit the Wonkavator shot and the ball gets kicked up the Wonkavator and immediately released?
That happens to me. I can’t tell if that’s part of the game (and I don’t have the ball lock qualified)… or if something’s wrong

I have not seen that during a single ball and not sure if that happens during a multi ball because I hardly take my eyes off of the lower pf and the flippers.

Is this during a single or multi ball?

#10103 53 days ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

I have not seen that during a single ball and not sure if that happens during a multi ball because I hardly take my eyes off of the lower pf and the flippers.
Is this during a single or multi ball?

Single ball

#10104 53 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So there’s never a time where you hit the Wonkavator shot and the ball gets kicked up the Wonkavator and immediately released?
That happens to me. I can’t tell if that’s part of the game (and I don’t have the ball lock qualified)… or if something’s wrong

If the lock is lit, it should stick up there. Unless there is a ball or two there from a previous game - to which on my game with default settings, it still locks, but I think you can get rid of that lock "hold" in the settings, either by turning on competition mode (you don't want to be loading your opponents locks) or some other setting (where the game is keeping track of your lock shots). Is it starting the multi-ball after 3 shots up there when the lock is lit?

Is the game detecting all of the balls?

#10105 53 days ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

If the lock is lit, it should stick up there. Unless there is a ball or two there from a previous game - to which on my game with default settings, it still locks, but I think you can get rid of that lock "hold" in the settings, either by turning on competition mode (you don't want to be loading your opponents locks) or some other setting (where the game is keeping track of your lock shots). Is it starting the multi-ball after 3 shots up there when the lock is lit?
Is the game detecting all of the balls?

I need to look at it more closely... I may have inadvertently changed settings.

#10106 52 days ago

In case you guys are into the mods from Lior, he just announced he's got something in the works for Wonka!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-guns-n-roses-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball/page/12#post-6630231

#10107 52 days ago

Lifted my play field to begin a subwoofer install today, and found this screw. Anyone know where it might have come from? I did an initial inspection of the playfield but didn't really see any like this one. It has a star washer on it.

I did not look at the top side, just the bottom.

IMG_20211129_192320__01 (resized).jpg

#10108 52 days ago

Coil stops and the front metal part that hold coil/sleeve in place have small screws like that

#10109 52 days ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Lifted my play field to begin a subwoofer install today, and found this screw. Anyone know where it might have come from? I did an initial inspection of the playfield but didn't really see any like this one. It has a star washer on it.
[quoted image]

Not sure about the screw but I am fairly Certain that is my quarter. Thanks.

#10110 52 days ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

[quoted image]

Hmm i found the same one.. near the subway/shooter lane vuk

#10111 51 days ago

Getting a wonka le soon from last jjp run. Anything I need to do to make sure playfield doesn’t chip or bubble at posts? Did they fix issues on new run? The one at the arcade I played was coming up at posts bad. It’s an original le with a lot of plays I’m sure.

#10112 51 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

Getting a wonka le soon from last jjp run. Anything I need to do to make sure playfield doesn’t chip or bubble at posts? Did they fix issues on new run? The one at the arcade I played was coming up at posts bad. It’s an original le with a lot of plays I’m sure.

They had washers under everything on mine, from the factory. So I just left it as is. So far so good. Been about a month and a lot of plays. I would just play it and not worry about it too much, just take a look occasionally. Mine worked perfect right out of the box, no adjustments needed.

#10113 51 days ago

They had washers under everything on mine, from the factory. So I just left it as is. So far so good. Been about a month and a lot of plays. I would just play it and not worry about it too much, just take a look occasionally. Mine worked perfect right out of the box, no adjustments needed.

Almost forgot. The gobstopper switch needs a bit of adjusting.

#10114 51 days ago

Thanks… Is it a keeper? Liked it at the arcade.

#10115 51 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

OMG, yes! It's not even close, this is the most fun pinball machine we've ever owned. Everyone in our house plays it daily. We owned a WOZ for awhile and the kids stopped playing it after a week. Similar story with most of our pins. They don't play my Stern Star Trek much. Wonka is pure magic, I love everything about it. What sucks is the bar is set so high now I can't find another pin to buy that we would have just as much fun with. We are getting CCR LE next year and I want one more pin for a 4 pin collection. I have been thinking about Hobbit, Dialed In or waiting for Toy Story. The recent Sterns don't interest me as much. They are fun no doubt, but I don't feel like they have the same "magic" that JJP pins have, Sterns feel like fast playing tournament machines to me. I wouldn't mind trying out Godzilla Premium for awhile but I've given up trying to find one, no Distros can get one for me in a reasonable time frame.

#10116 51 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

You'll have to let me know how you like Wonka compared to Beatles, Iron Maiden, Deadpool and Mando. I've been considering trying to get on a list for one of those. Just not sure if it will even come close to the same magic as Wonka. Beatles has been one I've considered for a long time, it's one of those titles that I didn't think I'd like but I had so much fun playing it at MGC a couple years ago.

#10117 51 days ago

You'll have to let me know how you like Wonka compared to Beatles, Iron Maiden, Deadpool and Mando. I've been considering trying to get on a list for one of those. Just not sure if it will even come close to the same magic as Wonka. Beatles has been one I've considered for a long time, it's one of those titles that I didn't think I'd like but I had so much fun playing it at MGC a couple years ago.

Beatles is fun to shot but not as great as games with ramps and toys. Godzilla le and Deadpool le is our favorites. I love Batman 66 too. I wouldn’t get a mando. May sell mine next. Prob Next to go is Star Wars then mando then Beatles. I have an Elvira on order and cactus too. Toy story should be awesome.

#10118 51 days ago

Ordered my wonka le from flipnout pinball today.

#10119 51 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

I ordered a wonka LE from Zach the other day, Flipnout is the best and stays true to his word. Goes out of his way to meet customer needs. This is the 9th JJP I’ve purchased from Flipnout.

#10120 50 days ago

I really like FlipnOut and Zach. I go with Classic Game Room because they was the first distributor I used and Jason there has been awesome.

#10121 49 days ago

What’s the latest code version for WW SE?

#10122 49 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What’s the latest code version for WW SE?

LTG : )

#10123 49 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

LTG : )

Thank you sir

#10124 49 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

Zach’s the best. I ordered mine on a Sunday and got it on Wednesday. It’s a lot of fun but if I can recommend a pinwoofer upgrade, what a big difference and the game has beautiful music and call outs.

#10125 49 days ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Zach’s the best. I ordered mine on a Sunday and got it on Wednesday. It’s a lot of fun but if I can recommend a pinwoofer upgrade, what a big difference and the game has beautiful music and call outs.

Ordered Wednesday am and scheduled for Friday delivery. I’m only 4 hrs from him though.

#10126 49 days ago

First nib jjp came today. Wonka. Gotta say packaging is much better than Sterns.

43B26B60-B387-48E0-8835-E574D321725A (resized).jpeg
#10127 49 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Coil stops and the front metal part that hold coil/sleeve in place have small screws like that

This was correct, I found the missing location. Thanks!

#10128 49 days ago

Anyone find their captive ball shot a bit challenging? I swear I hammer it perfectly and the thing doesn't manage to hit the switch. Perhaps something is absorbing the energy instead of the ball?

#10129 49 days ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Anyone find their captive ball shot a bit challenging? I swear I hammer it perfectly and the thing doesn't manage to hit the switch. Perhaps something is absorbing the energy instead of the ball?

Mine is the opposite. I can hit mine "even lightly" and it still connects.

#10130 49 days ago

Can anyone using this mod answer a question.

Do you see that adding the building, or the building w/tubing, cuts down on the view of the ball dropping down on, or when shot up to, the magnet by the upper left flipper?

I do not want to loose out on a good view of the pf in that area since that shot is crucial.

image001 (resized).png
#10131 49 days ago

Can anyone using this mod answer a question.
Do you see that adding the building, or the building w/tubing, cuts down on the view of the ball dropping down on, or when shot up to, the magnet by the upper left flipper?
I do not want to loose out on a good view of the pf in that area since that shot is crucial.
[quoted image]

I've had mine for a year and it's not a problem at all.

#10132 48 days ago

Anyone have a 12v bill acceptor compatible with this game I could borrow for a bit? I'm going to be putting my game in a charitable event and I'll need it to be able to take dollars.

#10133 48 days ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Mine is the opposite. I can hit mine "even lightly" and it still connects.

Can I get a pic if you have time?

#10134 48 days ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Can I get a pic if you have time?

I get home in about 4 hours. I will post a pic for you.

#10135 48 days ago

Here you go!

520875AA-A604-4DE4-9AEF-EC0F8EC85D5A (resized).jpeg85B68262-4A6C-4C0E-A7FC-354B87C93770 (resized).jpegC8C3530B-931B-4C05-B60B-F9453229E023 (resized).jpegCE714E2C-8021-47C2-9B66-960242362EF0 (resized).jpeg
#10136 48 days ago

The plastic on back right is right against side. Can’t even get my side art protectors in there. I have side art coming and have no idea how to give it more room. Thoughts???

94A85A95-B11D-4798-B968-1DB1DB9D5A9D (resized).jpeg
#10137 48 days ago

Ok Wonka owners. Have a big problem. This game is so awesome it's making it impossible to pick out another pin to buy. Nothing really compares. Any suggestions? I've owned woz before so not that. Don't want dialed in. Don't want gnr. Ideas for anything that comes even close to this masterpiece?

Rick & Morty Bloodsuckers, just an incredible pin!

Hobbit LE, Elvira Premium/LE, Iron Maiden Premium/LE are other epic pins to consider

Personally, I’ve been listing after a Jurassic Park LE. That game is serious eye candy!

#10138 47 days ago

Is Bluetooth built into the Wonka (CE) model?

#10139 47 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Rick & Morty Bloodsuckers, just an incredible pin!
Hobbit LE, Elvira Premium/LE, Iron Maiden Premium/LE are other epic pins to consider
Personally, I’ve been listing after a Jurassic Park LE. That game is serious eye candy!

Thanks. In a sort of pinball buying paralysis right now because of how awesome Wonka is. I like everything about Hobbit except the longer game times. Trying to avoid another Stern for various reasons, only one I'd currently consider is Tron or Godzilla Premium but that seems impossible given demand. Family still really wants a Hobbit.

#10140 47 days ago

Thanks. In a sort of pinball buying paralysis right now because of how awesome Wonka is. I like everything about Hobbit except the longer game times. Trying to avoid another Stern for various reasons, only one I'd currently consider is Tron or Godzilla Premium but that seems impossible given demand. Family still really wants a Hobbit.

Why fear the long ball times? Don't you like playing pinball?

Hobbit is a good counterpoint to Wonka after getting beaten up too badly.

#10141 47 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Why fear the long ball times? Don't you like playing pinball?
Hobbit is a good counterpoint to Wonka after getting beaten up too badly.

Good point!

#10142 47 days ago

Just an update for those that are waiting patiently, I have factory production samples of a complete re-design of the Tibetan Breeze flipper coil cooling kit that is necessary for most of the JJP machines (except GnR), so we're getting close to having them available.

I'm going to test/release them for Wonka and jjPotC first since those are the pins that seem to have the most fade (aside from GnR which already has a kit) and therefore the most interest. Then I'll work back through Dialed In, Hobbit, and WoZ, hopefully very quickly since this new bracket was designed to work in all of them. Testing on the actual machines will be the only thing slowing each release a bit.

Note:this is only for JJP machines that are not GnR, also not for Spike or Spooky machines. Those use the existing Tibetan Breeze kit.

#10143 47 days ago

OMG, yes! It's not even close, this is the most fun pinball machine we've ever owned. Everyone in our house plays it daily. We owned a WOZ for awhile and the kids stopped playing it after a week. Similar story with most of our pins. They don't play my Stern Star Trek much. Wonka is pure magic, I love everything about it. What sucks is the bar is set so high now I can't find another pin to buy that we would have just as much fun with. We are getting CCR LE next year and I want one more pin for a 4 pin collection. I have been thinking about Hobbit, Dialed In or waiting for Toy Story. The recent Sterns don't interest me as much. They are fun no doubt, but I don't feel like they have the same "magic" that JJP pins have, Sterns feel like fast playing tournament machines to me. I wouldn't mind trying out Godzilla Premium for awhile but I've given up trying to find one, no Distros can get one for me in a reasonable time frame.

Brilliant post pcprogrammer - completely agree. Wonka absolutely rocks. You might want to try BM66 - I have one in my collection and it's one of my mates' favourites. Good rules, and the assets are hilarious, especially after a couple of beers.

#10144 46 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just an update for those that are waiting patiently, I have factory production samples of a complete re-design of the Tibetan Breeze flipper coil cooling kit that is necessary for most of the JJP machines (except GnR), so we're getting close to having them available.
I'm going to test/release them for Wonka and jjPotC first since those are the pins that seem to have the most fade (aside from GnR which already has a kit) and therefore the most interest. Then I'll work back through Dialed In, Hobbit, and WoZ, hopefully very quickly since this new bracket was designed to work in all of them. Testing on the actual machines will be the only thing slowing each release a bit.
Note:this is only for JJP machines that are not GnR, also not for Spike or Spooky machines. Those use the existing Tibetan Breeze kit.

Thanks for this. I’ll be purchasing Wonka.

#10145 46 days ago

Running 2.03 code and finally found some time recently to enjoy the game, but I noticed that the shaker motor seems to be used much less with the newer code (ex: Wonkavator Multiball only vibrates a few seconds, same for Wonkatania Mania). Or is that purely my imagination (lame pun intended)? Shaker motor set to high (not extreme), also I have an SE so the shaker is aftermarket.

#10146 46 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Did you get this taken care of? Mine was doing the same thing and what happened was the diverted flag came off. Is it ever staying locked up there when super lock is lit?

#10147 46 days ago

Anyone have an issue where the ball drops into the gobstopper hole but doesn’t register? Seems like it should roll to the right so maybe my balls are magnetized. Ball search kicks in and it pushes it to the left then the right, and then it registers. Doesn’t do it all the time.

#10148 46 days ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

The target at the back that gets hit by the captive ball is just a switch like any other (though admittedly a bit hard to get to!) Check the gap and make sure it's not too wide. Oh, and if for some reason they forgot to remove the foam from it when they built the game, remove the foam from it. It's not supposed to be there.

The easiest way to work on that target is to simply pull it out from below. Two screws and it slides out the bottom of the playfield. - CAUTION - remove the captive ball first, or it will drop into the nether regions of the game when you remove the target that is holding it, in the playfield-raised position!

#10149 46 days ago

Is Bluetooth built into the Wonka (CE) model?

No

#10150 46 days ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Running 2.03 code and finally found some time recently to enjoy the game, but I noticed that the shaker motor seems to be used much less with the newer code (ex: Wonkavator Multiball only vibrates a few seconds, same for Wonkatania Mania). Or is that purely my imagination (lame pun intended)? Shaker motor set to high (not extreme), also I have an SE so the shaker is aftermarket.

EDIT: I ran the shaker motor test sequence this morning; no errors or issues (the test runs for about 7 or 8 seconds). Still thinking it is the code update.

Also FYI on another topic, I contacted JJP support for separate issue over a month ago and got NO response whatsoever except for the automated "we'll get back to you" email. Appreciate the folks on Pinside for help.

There are 10,588 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 212.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside