IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 279.
#10051 2 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Hello, a couple of things on my new Wonka LE.
1. I am a bit concerned about my Gobstopper motor. It spins the Gobstopper when hit, but it only does a quick spin and does not spin slowly awaiting the next hit like I have seen in other videos. During the coil test, it spins, but it seems to make a bit of a grinding noise and sometimes only goes very slow. Should I look to see if I can increase the coil strength possibly?
2. I am trying to install Mezel Mods factory pipe and for the life of me, I cannot get the lower red sections snapped onto the ramp wireform. I would need to expand these pieces probably close to 1/4 inch to get them to fit around the wireform. I am wondering if the later models of the LE (mine is from 9/21) might have a different wireform design?
Thanks!

I don’t understand the gobstopper question. Mine makes the grinding sound during the boot up as well so I think it’s normal. When it hit should spin and open the hole. When you drop a ball in, it should spin again and close. Take a glass off video, roll the ball at it and record and post.

As far as the mezel mod, I just put it on mine, lower part was a bitch, especially the second piece but you can do it. You have to squeeze the wire form a bit. Slide it in the groove on one side then, lower it down and squeeze until the other size pops on. My LE is newer than yours and it works. Now the plastic tubing is a whole different story. I left mine off, couldn’t get it in properly.

#10052 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I don’t understand the gobstopper question. Mine makes the grinding sound during the boot up as well so I think it’s normal. When it hit should spin and open the hole. When you drop a ball in, it should spin again and close. Take a glass off video, roll the ball at it and record and post.
As far as the mezel mod, I just put it on mine, lower part was a bitch, especially the second piece but you can do it. You have to squeeze the wire form a bit. Slide it in the groove on one side then, lower it down and squeeze until the other size pops on. My LE is newer than yours and it works. Now the plastic tubing is a whole different story. I left mine off, couldn’t get it in properly.

I got to the bottom of the Gobstopper issue. The armature within the Gobstopper had come loose from the shaft of the motor. I dis-assembled the Gobstopper and had to remove the motor assembly. Once the armature is tight on the shaft, you have to then mount the Gobstopper using the three Philips screws. Its a bit of a design flaw because once the armature becomes loose, the whole assembly drops onto the shaft and it grinds the metal pretty bad between the motor fasteners (small allen screws) and armature. For this reason, I installed a small washer so if it happens again at least it wont be getting stuck on the fasteners as it tries to spin.

As for the pipe, you are correct. It looks like I need to break out the Dremel and start grinding. The "danger pipe" assembly will also need to be modified since it won't let a ball underneath it without getting stuck. I have to believe there has been a design change in the wireform since this mod was developed. I can't believe Mezel Mods could be so far off in terms of measurements.

#10053 2 years ago

Hello, a couple of things on my new Wonka LE.
1. I am a bit concerned about my Gobstopper motor. It spins the Gobstopper when hit, but it only does a quick spin and does not spin slowly awaiting the next hit like I have seen in other videos. During the coil test, it spins, but it seems to make a bit of a grinding noise and sometimes only goes very slow. Should I look to see if I can increase the coil strength possibly?
2. I am trying to install Mezel Mods factory pipe and for the life of me, I cannot get the lower red sections snapped onto the ramp wireform. I would need to expand these pieces probably close to 1/4 inch to get them to fit around the wireform. I am wondering if the later models of the LE (mine is from 9/21) might have a different wireform design?
Thanks!

I have a NIB game… gobstopper was only spinning intermittently. Upon closer inspection, it appeared it was getting hung up on the little screws that hold the motor in place.

I played around with it quite a bit… no luck.I did notice that when it was supposed to spin, if I touched it with my finger, it would start to spin for a few revolutions, then stop again.

I finally removed the go stopper and dropped a little 1/8” plastic washer around the shaft it’s mounted on.

Has worked 100% of the time ever since. I had the washer in my box of parts… not sure why/what I originally had it for. Not home at the moment, so I can’t take a picture.

#10054 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I have a NIB game… gobstopper was only spinning intermittently. Upon closer inspection, it appeared it was getting hung up on the little screws that hold the motor in place.
I played around with it quite a bit… no luck.I did notice that when it was supposed to spin, if I touched it with my finger, it would start to spin for a few revolutions, then stop again.
I finally removed the go stopper and dropped a little 1/8” plastic washer around the shaft it’s mounted on.
Has worked 100% of the time ever since. I had the washer in my box of parts… not sure why/what I originally had it for. Not home at the moment, so I can’t take a picture.

Yup, exact problem I had. Ended up doing the same thing with a washer to prevent it from happening again. I also had to clean up a fair amount of metal dust that was created from grinding.

#10055 2 years ago

Yup, exact problem I had. Ended up doing the same thing with a washer to prevent it from happening again. I also had to clean up a fair amount of metal dust that was created from grinding.

You’re saying that 3 screws are supposed to hold the go stopper in place? As far As I could tell, it basically pushed down on the rod/mount and clicked into place

#10056 2 years ago

I have to give props to Pinballomatic Steve from JJP. He gives stellar service and honestly couldn’t be a better ambassador for JJP. He helped me work through an issue and literally took is Wonka Apart to send me pics how to fix mine, which I was able to do. Amazing guy and great great service. I then went on to blow it up for my GC Score so far!

I do have two mezel mods, the gobstopper ramp sign and the Wonkabar Ramp sign (dumb sign because it’s actually the factory ramp). The leds are so damn bright on both of these. Has anyone used anything to diffuse these? Any help is appreciated! Love the game. Was so much fun as I had multiple stacked modes, and my first wonkavator multi ball!

#10057 2 years ago

I keep having to move this switch back down. It gets stuck on top of the plastic. Any ideas to stop that? It's fine in the picture because I just fixed it again.

wonka (resized).jpgwonka (resized).jpg

#10058 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Any ideas to stop that?

Search this topic or scroll through the gallery pictures. It's been covered.

LTG : )

#10059 2 years ago

Any ideas to stop that?

Post 5890 is one post with ideas.

#10060 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You’re saying that 3 screws are supposed to hold the go stopper in place? As far As I could tell, it basically pushed down on the rod/mount and clicked into place

No, the 3 phillips screws hold the armature to the Gobstopper. There are two allen set screws inside of the armature that secure the assembly to the shaft of the motor. If you can pull your Gobstopper off easily, you will eventually run into the problem when the lower set screw comes out too far and the whole assembly will begin to grind on the top of the motor.

My game has less than 75 plays on it and the amount of metal dust was quite noticeable.

So to recap, the proper way to secure the Gobstopper to the motor shaft is as followed:

1. I assume your Gobstopper is loose and can be pulled of the shaft without much effort.
2. Unscrew the three phillips screws on the bottom of the Gobstopper and remove the metal armature.
3. Remove the two bolts/screws that hold the Gobstopper motor in place (you may need to remove the long plastic that covers the assembly or just move it out of the way).
4. Take the armature from the Gobstopper and attach it to the motor shaft and tighten the two allen set screws (if mine comes loose again, I will break out the loc-tite).
5. Maneuver the motor and armature assembly and re-attach the Gobstopper using the three phillips screws.
6. Re-attach the motor assembly with the two bolts and re-position the long plastic.

Just to let you know, simply adjusting the two allen screws and trying to "push" the Gobstopper on worked for about three games before it loosened up so I do not think its a viable option.

#10061 2 years ago

Regarding Wonkavator Ball lock. (I've played with settings under Wonkavator settings no luck)

If 1 or 2 balls are up there is there a setting where they come down after you drain on ball 3? Mine are staying up there and the progress moves to a new game.

Reminds of Simpsons couch lock.

Maybe there is a setting I'm overlooking.

#10062 2 years ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Regarding Wonkavator Ball lock. (I've played with settings under Wonkavator settings no luck)
If 1 or 2 balls are up there is there a setting where they come down after you drain on ball 3? Mine are staying up there and the progress moves to a new game.

Mine does as well but I assumed it was in the coding.

#10063 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Mine does as well but I assumed it was in the coding.

I believe you Can change the settings to dump balls on end of game. That would be a #LTG confirm.

#10064 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I believe you Can change the settings to dump balls on end of game. That would be a #LTG confirm.

I didn't see anything in there to dump them at end of ball or end of game.

Only time is when you turn the game off. The next time it is turned on it dumps them.

#10065 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Does every ball that goes up the Wonkavator lock? Or are there points in the game where it goes in the Wonkavator and immediately kicks out?

#10066 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Does every ball that goes up the Wonkavator lock? Or are there points in the game where it goes in the Wonkavator and immediately kicks out?

I have had Wonkavator balls that were locked get released to give balls for kid multiball so I could have 5 balls. This was disappointing as it reset my Wonakavator to zero.

It will never just go in and then come out that I have seen.

#10067 2 years ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Competition mode: ON will do that

(Also possible to turn Competition Mode on for just the next game via the Player Menu, reached by holding the right flipper button before starting a game)

But yes, the intent of the design is to leave them up there across players and games.

#10068 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Just to report - my NIB Wonka is looking good (so far) playfield wise. I did have two issues out of box, they were fixed.
One was a blemish on the lockdown bar's powder coat. JJP jumped in and sent me a new one to exchange… no hassle. Appreciated the quick support.

Got my new lock bar yesterday. Same issue and same result. I have one more issue......and its the right side decal... It was applied kinda crooked and hanging a little over the front and I'm afraid it will start to peel.

#10069 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

I have had Wonkavator balls that were locked get released to give balls for kid multiball so I could have 5 balls. This was disappointing as it reset my Wonakavator to zero.

Occasionally when I start Oompa Loompa MB via the shot to the left of the TV scoop, the diverter fires and it ends up going through the wonkavator and then straight back out.

I think that if the wonkavator releases balls to make up for other multiballs (eg. kid MB 5 ball) then once you are back down to one ball, the super lock will light and you can immediately refill any slots that were opened up.

#10070 2 years ago

The super locks will be lit as compensation when this happens so if you leave a kid multiball where two balls came from the wonkavator, two super locks will be lit after that kid multiball expires.

#10071 2 years ago
Quoted from slippifishi:

Occasionally when I start Oompa Loompa MB via the shot to the left of the TV scoop, the diverter fires and it ends up going through the wonkavator and then straight back out.
I think that if the wonkavator releases balls to make up for other multiballs (eg. kid MB 5 ball) then once you are back down to one ball, the super lock will light and you can immediately refill any slots that were opened up.

Thanks! I’ll keep an eye out for that.

#10072 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I have to give props to Pinballomatic Steve from JJP. He gives stellar service and honestly couldn’t be a better ambassador for JJP. He helped me work through an issue and literally took is Wonka Apart to send me pics how to fix mine, which I was able to do. Amazing guy and great great service. I then went on to blow it up for my GC Score so far!
I do have two mezel mods, the gobstopper ramp sign and the Wonkabar Ramp sign (dumb sign because it’s actually the factory ramp). The leds are so damn bright on both of these. Has anyone used anything to diffuse these? Any help is appreciated! Love the game. Was so much fun as I had multiple stacked modes, and my first wonkavator multi ball!

Well cut and placed electrical tape on the back of these eliminates the light coming through the back.

#10073 2 years ago

So I just got Grand Champion score at over 5 million. The next highest score is over 4 million. Why doesn't my name show up as #1 in top 8 highest scores? My son has all 8 spots still.

#10074 2 years ago

So I just got Grand Champion score at over 5 million. The next highest score is over 4 million. Why doesn't my name show up as #1 in top 8 highest scores? My son has all 8 spots still.

Grand Champion gets their own dedicated screen. Next best scores 1-8 follow on the next page.

#10075 2 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Grand Champion gets their own dedicated screen. Next best scores 1-8 follow on the next page.

Makes sense. Thanks.

#10076 2 years ago

Ok Wonka owners. Have a big problem. This game is so awesome it's making it impossible to pick out another pin to buy. Nothing really compares. Any suggestions? I've owned woz before so not that. Don't want dialed in. Don't want gnr. Ideas for anything that comes even close to this masterpiece?

#10077 2 years ago

Ok Wonka owners. Have a big problem. This game is so awesome it's making it impossible to pick out another pin to buy. Nothing really compares. Any suggestions? I've owned woz before so not that. Don't want dialed in. Don't want gnr. Ideas for anything that comes even close to this masterpiece?

I am probably the only person that would suggest avengers infinity quest but I absolutely love that machine. I’ve had three pens and still have two. Avengers and Willy Wonka. I think they are both amazing and I connect with them nostalgically. I find both of them to be very deep in rules and challenging and shots. I am a novice and have not owned many pinball games but this is just my two cents. Avengers is great because they don’t show anything from the movies. It’s very much the comic edition and I love that.

I’ve heard good things about Jurassic Park.

Good Luck

#10078 2 years ago

Have you played hobbit?

#10079 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Have you played hobbit?

Yes, family wants that one bad but at current pricing it's just not going to happen. I still have fond memories of some of them selling down near 6k, those days are long gone.

#10080 2 years ago

Godzilla, Iron Maiden, Jurassic Park, Deadpool, Twilight Zone, LOTR. Wonka is my favorite game but every one listed above are close, play as well.

#10081 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I am probably the only person that would suggest avengers infinity quest but I absolutely love that machine. I’ve had three pens and still have two. Avengers and Willy Wonka. I think they are both amazing and I connect with them nostalgically. I find both of them to be very deep in rules and challenging and shots. I am a novice and have not owned many pinball games but this is just my two cents. Avengers is great because they don’t show anything from the movies. It’s very much the comic edition and I love that.
I’ve heard good things about Jurassic Park.
Good Luck

I've played Avengers on location, it was ok. What I am looking for is something that feels just as magical as Wonka, maybe that pin doesn't yet exist I don't know. I kind of feel like with a lot of newer Sterns they lack toys and magic, they are more geared for tournament play and focus solely on scoring and not modes. Don't get me wrong, I love my Star Trek Premium and it's bolted because I am a huge Trek fan but it's more of a fast and ferocious scoring game and the modes don't feel special like they do on Wonka. There are such a wide variety of interesting shots on Wonka, Lawlor may be my favorite designer.

#10082 2 years ago

I've played Avengers on location, it was ok. What I am looking for is something that feels just as magical as Wonka, maybe that pin doesn't yet exist I don't know. I kind of feel like with a lot of newer Sterns they lack toys and magic, they are more geared for tournament play and focus solely on scoring and not modes. Don't get me wrong, I love my Star Trek Premium and it's bolted because I am a huge Trek fan but it's more of a fast and ferocious scoring game and the modes don't feel special like they do on Wonka. There are such a wide variety of interesting shots on Wonka, Lawlor may be my favorite designer.

Twilight Zone. Plays slower like Wonka (vs a fast Elwin Stern), and has that Lawlor “feel”. It’s a tough game to fall in love with on location. I didn’t “get it” when playing on location but took a leap of faith based on it being a #1 rated games for years in the previous generation of games.

#10083 2 years ago

JJP should be doing a Lawlor Toy Story. Should be a home-run.

#10084 2 years ago

Anyone here think Hobbit is as good as Wonka?

#10085 2 years ago

Anyone here think Hobbit is as good as Wonka?

Not even close. Hobbit is gorgeous and the video assets are probably the best of any game I’ve owned and played. But as a pinball shooter it’s not even in the same league. Still fun though. All of course, in my humble opinion.

#10086 2 years ago

My dad has over 20 new pinball machines, and the one I always gravitate towards is EHOH. It's just a super fun game.

#10087 2 years ago

Completely agree if you find something let us all know. I have DI and whole great not there same as Wonka in comparison.

#10088 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Completely agree if you find something let us all know. I have DI and whole great not there same as Wonka in comparison.

I've played DI. Smooth for sure but I have no connection to whatever theme it's supposed to be so I don't find it that enjoyable.

#10089 2 years ago

Maybe despite not caring about the theme Dialed In is worth a chance? Is this one better in the home?

#10090 2 years ago

Maybe despite not caring about the theme Dialed In is worth a chance? Is this one better in the home?

I always thought the same and went for it. Snagged an LE last weekend and LOVE it. My kids like it more than wonka. It has great flow and the toys are great. I'm glad I looked past the theme which really isn't a Cell phone theme.

20211121_163738 (resized).jpg20211121_163738 (resized).jpg
#10091 2 years ago

Does anyone have specific rules for each mode?
For instance slugworth multiball is hit a ramp then hit the captive ball for jackpot? Correct?
Or the factory is the ramps but you end it by shooting into the left of the Wonka vision? Is that right?
Some of these things are hard to figure out and would love if there’s rules this detailed somewhere?

#10092 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Does anyone have specific rules for each mode?
For instance slugworth multiball is hit a ramp then hit the captive ball for jackpot? Correct?
Or the factory is the ramps but you end it by shooting into the left of the Wonka vision? Is that right?
Some of these things are hard to figure out and would love if there’s rules this detailed somewhere?

http://tiltforums.com/t/willy-wonka-rulesheet-early-wip/5406

Tilt forum is the go to for any rule sheet IMO

#10093 2 years ago

It’s great in home and as I’m sure you have heard it’s a disaster theme game, not cell phone

Dialed in is like a modern BW game. The shots are VERY similar to TZ as is the game play since its mode based.

If you are looking for a DI I can help you out

Honest from a value standpoint it’s hard to beat DI. It’s the one of the lowest cost, loaded with features, modern pins you can get. Buy now before it’s $10k by Christmas

#10094 2 years ago

I am in same boat with my WW CE, love it so much and on another level. Agree with others that Hobbit is in the same category for sure...magical! I didn't THINK I wanted GNR...but got an LE and put it right next to WW and must say it is just as magical as WW...honestly its amazing. I have liked it more and more with each week that passes and the theme is a great foil to WW.

#10095 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

I am in same boat with my WW CE, love it so much and on another level. Agree with others that Hobbit is in the same category for sure...magical! I didn't THINK I wanted GNR...but got an LE and put it right next to WW and must say it is just as magical as WW...honestly its amazing. I have liked it more and more with each week that passes and the theme is a great foil to WW.

Safe to say you like GNR much more then the Hobbit?

#10096 2 years ago

Safe to say you like GNR much more then the Hobbit?

Put up an ad for hobbit or DI. Thank me later.

#10097 2 years ago

Thanks so much. Gonna bookmark it.

I love my Godzilla. Jurassic Park with the movie code was nice too. Owned them both.

#10098 2 years ago

Anyone every see Wonka’s Office score not applying to your overall score? Also, anyone seen, while in Wonka’s Office, the first shot of the mode is the captive ball and when you hit it the mode ends? I understand this is a jackpot multiplier shot after two shots, but I’ve been given that as my first target.

I have seen both and others coming over to play have also noticed it. Mainly the score not applying… Captive ball ending after first shot has happened twice.

I can also now confirm that AFTER using Wonkavator stored balls for another multiball that I cannot immediately resupply like a player is supposed to. Maybe lowering the difficulty allows it but I’m not doing that.

#10099 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

I always thought the same and went for it. Snagged an LE last weekend and LOVE it. My kids like it more than wonka. It has great flow and the toys are great. I'm glad I looked past the theme which really isn't a Cell phone theme.
[quoted image]

Nice! I want a wonka and a DI about equally. Might as well just snag both!

#10100 2 years ago

So there’s never a time where you hit the Wonkavator shot and the ball gets kicked up the Wonkavator and immediately released?

That happens to me. I can’t tell if that’s part of the game (and I don’t have the ball lock qualified)… or if something’s wrong

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,600 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/202?hl=plungerboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.