IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 279.
#10001 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Following up on this - Spoke to Joe and he is sending me a new set of the Hollograffix they apparently just released for Wonka.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/jjp-willy-wonka-pinblades-holograffix
I will post a picture when received - I didnt realize these existed!

I ordered a set of these for the WOZ. Thinking about a set for Wonka as well so looking forward to the pics.

#10002 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I guess I'm in the minority.. I don't want rainbow side blades...

Not many options, but if I could make a set.. It would be that pattern seen during the Wonkatania.

#10003 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Not many options, but if I could make a set.. It would be that pattern seen during the Wonkatania.

I still like these the best. I have a set at home. But ive ruined so many, even these exact ones, that im hesitant to try again. I need to try the "wet method" next time....

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/willy-wonka-gameblades

#10004 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I still like these the best. I have a set at home. But ive ruined so many, even these exact ones, that im hesitant to try again. I need to try the "wet method" next time....

I ruined a set too, retried with the wet method (using Rapid-Tac) and it went great.

#10005 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I ruined a set too, retried with the wet method (using Rapid-Tac) and it went great.

Thank you for this... there is hope! lol

#10006 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thank you for this... there is hope! lol

I resisted the wet method, I always felt like it would weaken the adhesive or something. But it doesn't, and it's super easy to eff up the positioning on the blades doing them dry. You start on one end and it looks great, then by the time you get to the other end a small error is magnified and things don't line up.

#10007 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I resisted the wet method, I always felt like it would weaken the adhesive or something. But it doesn't, and it's super easy to eff up the positioning on the blades doing them dry. You start on one end and it looks great, then by the time you get to the other end a small error is magnified and things don't line up.

Oh, you dont have to tell me. Ive literally ruined like 5 pairs of these things over time. I was always hesitant to do the wet method as well, but recently I had to do this for something on my truck and then realized, I should have done this with the pin machine years ago!

#10008 2 years ago

I installed mine using the dry method. It was my first time installing blades on a pin. You can catch me messing up one side in this video. I never edit out my mistakes

I've went back and forth on dry vs wet method on arcade video games for years and years. I started with the dry method, then switched to wet, and now have come full circle back to the dry. Even though I messed up one of these pin blades, I'd still do it again via dry. I just feel that the adhesion is stronger, and I've seen vinyl art lose its adhesion over time/weather. That's not to take anything away from the wet method though - I've had lots of success with it. Ultimately, it's personal preference, so do what works best for you.

#10009 2 years ago

If it’s dry, it won’t comply. Wet is always best.

#10010 2 years ago

Art blades are great on some games,(yes , wet method is best ), recently restored an Addams family and they looked great, but I’m still all about mirror blades. Can’t see myself changing those out on my Wonka. That’s what I love about this hobby, never a wrong idea, just personally preference.

#10011 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Art blades are great on some games,(yes , wet method is best ), recently restored an Addams family and they looked great, but I’m still all about mirror blades. Can’t see myself changing those out on my Wonka. That’s what I love about this hobby, never a wrong idea, just personally preference.

I love them too. I'm surprised they fit on this machine. On my back left side the ramp is real tight against the side. I'm afraid it would make it a challenge.

#10012 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I love them too. I'm surprised they fit on this machine. On my back left side the ramp is real tight against the side. I'm afraid it would make it a challenge.

The playfield moves side to side with a good amount of clearance , so no real issues. If you have to raise the playfield , and are concerned with scratching the mirror blades or art blades for that matter, pinball life sell nice protectors. I use them in all my games I’m working on or restoring just as a precaution. Can’t hurt.

#10013 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

The playfield moves side to side with a good amount of clearance , so no real issues. If you have to raise the playfield , and are concerned with scratching the mirror blades or art blades for that matter, pinball life sell nice protectors. I use them in all my games I’m working on or restoring just as a precaution. Can’t hurt.

OK. I will check out my clearance again and I do have the protectors. Great product!

#10014 2 years ago

Here is a picture of mine. Mirror blades fit nicely and look great.

174FCA8B-2F93-4601-81C0-B369E9999A6C (resized).jpeg174FCA8B-2F93-4601-81C0-B369E9999A6C (resized).jpeg778D3723-1064-4B5B-9534-B1806704D680 (resized).jpeg778D3723-1064-4B5B-9534-B1806704D680 (resized).jpeg
#10015 2 years ago

Shows the gap, can lift the playfield without issues.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#10016 2 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10017 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I put every set on with the wet method. You can’t screw it up and it takes 5 minutes. That being said I ordered mirror blades for this machine. First time. Let’s see how it goes

#10018 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

I installed mine using the dry method. It was my first time installing blades on a pin. You can catch me messing up one side in this video. I never edit out my mistakes

I've went back and forth on dry vs wet method on arcade video games for years and years. I started with the dry method, then switched to wet, and now have come full circle back to the dry. Even though I messed up one of these pin blades, I'd still do it again via dry. I just feel that the adhesion is stronger, and I've seen vinyl art lose its adhesion over time/weather. That's not to take anything away from the wet method though - I've had lots of success with it. Ultimately, it's personal preference, so do what works best for you.

Thanks for those videos by the way. You cost me a lot of money in mods but you did a stellar job. My tv saucer went out on day 3 of ownership but should be getting a new one tomorrow. Watched your videos again while I waited for the part and ordered yet another $250 in mods

#10019 2 years ago

Ok yall.... i have an se... when it says shot the TV.... where is that shot.
Is there some sort of a map hahaha. Thanks for your help with my ignorance.
Jeff

#10020 2 years ago

Under TV, right lane

#10021 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

These are something everyone should have!

#10022 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I put every set on with the wet method. You can’t screw it up and it takes 5 minutes. That being said I ordered mirror blades for this machine. First time. Let’s see how it goes

I put mirror blades on my first pin machine and I remember what a PITA it was hahhaha. I got it done being a newb back then, so im sure you will be fine..

Funny enough, since then, I still cannot put side blades on. I got my GB ones on by taking the playfield out, but these newer machines have way more connections and removing the playfield isnt easy, especially since I dont have help often...

Like I said, Ill be trying the wet method very soon.

#10023 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I put mirror blades on my first pin machine and I remember what a PITA it was hahhaha. I got it done being a newb back then, so im sure you will be fine..
Funny enough, since then, I still cannot put side blades on. I got my GB ones on by taking the playfield out, but these newer machines have way more connections and removing the playfield isnt easy, especially since I dont have help often...
Like I said, Ill be trying the wet method very soon.

With the wet method you don’t remove the playfield. Spray it with some water with dishsoap and slide it into place. It’s very forgiving and I have never had an issue where it’s moved when it dries.

#10024 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

So I had an issue one time when installing the mirror blades with the small pieces of double stick tape provided.....it kept pulling away along the top even though I prepped the surface real good. I now use real thin double stick tape along the entire top and have not had the issue since. I install the blade, screw it in, and then I pull the backing off after. (leave a couple inches of backing without tape so you can pull it after installing). This may be complete overkill but it worked for me.

71sN-IFpOSS._SL1500_ (resized).jpg71sN-IFpOSS._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#10025 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

With the wet method you don’t remove the playfield. Spray it with some water with dishsoap and slide it into place. It’s very forgiving and I have never had an issue where it’s moved when it dries.

Yes, I know. But thanks.

#10026 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Can't say enough good things about Rapid-Tac... Easy peasy. Give it a try and you will never look back. Great for cabinet decals too!

#10027 2 years ago

Noob question but is there a list of achievement's through scorbit that can be viewed somewhere prior to obtaining them?

#10028 2 years ago

Love the game but I’m having another issue. When I plunge if it is landing just past the wonka vision, it’s somehow diverting into the wonkavator. Did it always do this? Not sure why I’m not thinking it did. Here’s a video. Any suggestions?

#10029 2 years ago

I'm pretty sure mine does that too

#10030 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Love the game but I’m having another issue. When I plunge if it is landing just past the wonka vision, it’s somehow diverting into the wonkavator. Did it always do this? Not sure why I’m not thinking it did. Here’s a video. Any suggestions?

Mine does not do this

#10031 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

On plunge? That diverter sld not be open then. It must be stuck open or not closing all the way

#10032 2 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

I'm pretty sure mine does that too

Got it. I changed my plunger to a gobstopper. Looks cool but not so practical so maybe I’m midplungling more and not realizing it. It also does it on some shots into the wonkavator but I thought previously I only did it when

Quoted from bigd1979:

On plunge? That diverter sld not be open then. It must be stuck open or not closing all the way

Plunge as well as during the game. Any idea what would cause it or how to fix? Ugh, second issue and it hasn’t even been a week. First was tv saucer opto but they sent me a new one and JJP service was stellar. Now this. This is new to me so any suggestions are really appreciated. Dying to show my machine off to friends but need it working right.

#10033 2 years ago

Is “The Most Secret Machine” wizard mode the bonus mode after the 4th golden ticket? I believe this is what I got and the gobble hole was in a constant semicircle move. Not sure if it comes with a multiball as I had just started my 5th Gobstopper multiball as I finished my 5 kid multiball.

So much was going on that I did not get to look up at the TV and I was trying to get my 5th golden ticket.

#10034 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Got it. I changed my plunger to a gobstopper. Looks cool but not so practical so maybe I’m midplungling more and not realizing it. It also does it on some shots into the wonkavator but I thought previously I only did it when

Plunge as well as during the game. Any idea what would cause it or how to fix? Ugh, second issue and it hasn’t even been a week. First was tv saucer opto but they sent me a new one and JJP service was stellar. Now this. This is new to me so any suggestions are really appreciated. Dying to show my machine off to friends but need it working right.

That diverter is, for all intents and purposes, just like a flipper mech. in the sense that it can be gapped incorrectly just like a flipper can. If it doesn't have enough up/down play over its bushing, it will drag just like a flipper can when it comes back to resting position and, like a flipper spring, the spring may not be strong enough to overcome it so it may stick. If you flip the playfield up, you can have a clear look at it. Try wiggling it up and down like you would a flipper from below to make sure it has at least some gapping. If it is too low and you can feel no gap or wiggle room, the screw needs a small loosening and the shaft of the diverter needs just a touch of a movement up (i.e. toward the back of the cabinet in the up position / up above the playfield surface). Remember it's a small adjustment just like on a flipper shaft/bushing setup.

#10035 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

That diverter is, for all intents and purposes, just like a flipper mech. in the sense that it can be gapped incorrectly just like a flipper can. If it doesn't have enough up/down play over its bushing, it will drag just like a flipper can when it comes back to resting position and, like a flipper spring, the spring may not be strong enough to overcome it so it may stick. If you flip the playfield up, you can have a clear look at it. Try wiggling it up and down like you would a flipper from below to make sure it has at least some gapping. If it is too low and you can feel no gap or wiggle room, the screw needs a small loosening and the shaft of the diverter needs just a touch of a movement up (i.e. toward the back of the cabinet in the up position / up above the playfield surface). Remember it's a small adjustment just like on a flipper shaft/bushing setup.

Thanks! The opto you sent me worked like a champ for the other issue. I’ll try this when I get home later today. Thanks for the excellent service by the way.

#10036 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Mine does not do this

Mine does not do that either. That is not normal.

#10037 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Following up on this - Spoke to Joe and he is sending me a new set of the Hollograffix they apparently just released for Wonka.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/jjp-willy-wonka-pinblades-holograffix
I will post a picture when received - I didnt realize these existed!

Any coupon codes?

#10038 2 years ago

Looks like it ended already ended I imagine they will have something Black Friday. Still waiting on the new set

Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Any coupon codes?

#10039 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Looks like it ended already ended I imagine they will have something Black Friday. Still waiting on the new set

I'm going to wait until black friday then. Post some pics when you get them, very curious to see them installed.

#10040 2 years ago
Quoted from Johny111:

Noob question but is there a list of achievement's through scorbit that can be viewed somewhere prior to obtaining them?

Right now, the Machines tab has not been released (lower left) so the feature of looking at all the achievements regardless of what you've already earned isn't quite live yet. It will be in a couple releases from now though.

HOWEVER, if you click on Account Menu > Profile > Stats and then search for the machine you want, you'll find that we include all achievements for each achievement group you've earned any achievements within.

In other words, every achievement is part of a group (even if it's only one) with between one and possibly any number of levels. Once you get the lowest level of that achievement group, you can see all those achievements listed. For Jersey Jack, they like to hide the name of the achievement but tell you how to get it. If you click on any of those achievements (darker in color) they will say ?????? for the name, but it will describe was is required.

Take a look at those screens as a start. We will be improving all the achievement-related lists and UI soon.

#10041 2 years ago

Just to report - my NIB Wonka is looking good (so far) playfield wise. I did have two issues out of box, they were fixed.

One was a blemish on the lockdown bar's powder coat. JJP jumped in and sent me a new one to exchange… no hassle. Appreciated the quick support.

#10042 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Just to report - my NIB Wonka is looking good (so far) playfield wise. I did have two issues out of box, they were fixed.
One was a marred powder coat job on the lockdown bar. JJP jumped in and sent me a new one to exchange… no hassle. Appreciated the quick support.

I got my NIB 1 month ago and I only have one issue…. My three kids keep cutting me in line lol.

#10043 2 years ago

Can anyone report back on any issues they've had with the LE re-run? I'm just digging into Wonka for the first time and I know JJP and Stern had playfield issues for a couple of years. Can I safely assume those issues are ironed out?

And speaking of issues, looking at the key posts it seems there are only two or so issues that are common out of the box. Is this really true? I'm used to seeing a laundry list to address. Rick and Morty's list will make your head spin...

#10044 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Can anyone report back on any issues they've had with the LE re-run? I'm just digging into Wonka for the first time and I know JJP and Stern had playfield issues for a couple of years. Can I safely assume those issues are ironed out?
And speaking of issues, looking at the key posts it seems there are only two or so issues that are common out of the box. Is this really true? I'm used to seeing a laundry list to address. Rick and Morty's list will make your head spin...

look above

#10045 2 years ago

I saw those two reports in the last 24hrs. I actually read the last few pages looking for info. I was looking for maybe a -little- more insight! Thanks.

#10046 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I saw those two reports in the last 24hrs. I actually read the last few pages looking for info. I was looking for maybe a -little- more insight! Thanks.

I’ll take close-up photos when I get home.

#10047 2 years ago

You can’t assume playfield issues are no longer an issue. If they aren’t an issue for a for years, then yes, you could assume it. But for now, the safe bet is to assume you might have an issue. AND assume that JJP won’t remedy playfield issues.

#10048 2 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

No issues here after having just got it 3 days ago. Has about 100 games played so far. Out of the box and before first play, I added switch slot protectors and replaced the black washers under the slings with clear ones. I put mylar rings down first then the clear washers actually. Also added a mylar ring around kid magnet. Game is a blast!

#10049 2 years ago

Disregard, thought I was in the guns thread!

#10050 2 years ago

Hello, a couple of things on my new Wonka LE.

1. I am a bit concerned about my Gobstopper motor. It spins the Gobstopper when hit, but it only does a quick spin and does not spin slowly awaiting the next hit like I have seen in other videos. During the coil test, it spins, but it seems to make a bit of a grinding noise and sometimes only goes very slow. Should I look to see if I can increase the coil strength possibly?

2. I am trying to install Mezel Mods factory pipe and for the life of me, I cannot get the lower red sections snapped onto the ramp wireform. I would need to expand these pieces probably close to 1/4 inch to get them to fit around the wireform. I am wondering if the later models of the LE (mine is from 9/21) might have a different wireform design?

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

9,600 (OBO)
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/201?hl=naf_llabnip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.