IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,947 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 279.
#9951 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Just got my art blades from pingraffix - there is a black line that stood out almost immediately to me.
Anyone else have these on their machine?
[quoted image]

That's a 2nd, for sure. Get replacements.

That said, I'll buy your 2nds if they don't take them back

#9952 2 years ago

Not sure on 2nds but having done a lot of art replacement for arcades specifically (and some pinball) my expectation would be to not have blemishes for 80$ blades?

Quoted from smalltownguy2:

That's a 2nd, for sure. Get replacements.
That said, I'll buy your 2nds if they don't take them back

#9953 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Just got my art blades from pingraffix - there is a black line that stood out almost immediately to me.
[quoted image]

just checked mine and it has the same mark..

#9954 2 years ago

Is it visible or covered after install? Thanks

Quoted from gmanrulz46:

#9955 2 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

im not sure id say thats normal...

#9956 2 years ago

Looks like a blemish that maybe nobody has questioned or something - it’s on both of the blades. Really hard to miss.. surprised these are going out like this.

I’ve got an email in through their site and to joe directly. Hopefully I’ll hear back tomorrow.

Quoted from Rager170:

im not sure id say thats normal...

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9957 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Looks like a blemish that maybe nobody has questioned or something - it’s on both of the blades. Really hard to miss.. surprised these are going out like this.
I’ve got an email in through their site and to joe directly. Hopefully I’ll hear back tomorrow.
[quoted image]

Ill keep my comments to myself about that company...

#9958 2 years ago

Oh interesting - I assumed with them being "Official blades of JJP" I would be in good hands.

Joe got back to me last night saying they were going to "process it for me". Not sure what that means but sounds like its going to be addressed.

If you are up to it - Id be interested in hearing your comments through PM so I can figure out what Im going to do here. thanks

Quoted from Rager170:

Ill keep my comments to myself about that company...

#9959 2 years ago

I can attest that Joe is a stand up guy and will fix any issues, you are in great hands... Nothing to worry about.

#9960 2 years ago

Well got my LE today and I have to say I friggin love it. Buttery smooth, looks beautiful. Zach my distributor got it to me so quick my mods haven’t even arrived yet. I don’t know why this game sometimes gets some hate. I guess if you don’t like the theme I get it, but I loved wonka growing up so it’s magical. The powercoating is beautiful as well! It was just build last month and inside the box it smelled like freshly baked bread.

76588813-EBAC-4B79-B8B6-26BF2063D934 (resized).jpeg76588813-EBAC-4B79-B8B6-26BF2063D934 (resized).jpegA69965FB-7095-4056-BC15-2A00CB024AAF (resized).jpegA69965FB-7095-4056-BC15-2A00CB024AAF (resized).jpegCFB356E9-EA18-481C-9C78-D3F4C9088029 (resized).jpegCFB356E9-EA18-481C-9C78-D3F4C9088029 (resized).jpeg
#9961 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I may be a bit biased because Wonka is one of my favorite films, but I think it's the best JJP game by a mile. Having full assets just makes it amazing. The layout is smooth as butter and the code gives you so many ways to play and shoot around that I never get bored.
I think gnr is a great game but I'm just not a huge fan of their music so while I appreciate the game itself the theme is lost on me.
Pirates was so meh with the lack of assets. I think the game is beautiful but loses the world under glass experience for me.
Dialed in is an amazing machine as well but the theme is super lame.
I just hope they give toy story the gnr or wonka asset treatment and don't cheap out. My kids and I love all the films and it will be an instant buy.

Dialed In was my first pin. I think it’s pretty great. Even the theme is good IMO and it shoots great but it’s way too linear. If you don’t follow the, shoot little man, shoot phone scoop, do modes, get sim, you cannot get points.
I just got a Wonka LE and OMG. It’s probably smoother because you have even more shots. I love how you hit one shot but don’t know where it’s coming out. There’s sooo many shots. There’s so many assets and tons of awesome call outs and like you said, so many different ways to approach the game.
I’m going on record as saying it’s my favorite pin to date but I am getting a Godzilla premium next week so let’s see how they stack up. Another issue for dialed in for me was it was so hard to control the ball. Post passing was even tough but on Wonka, I would honestly rather just hit a ramp it’s so easy, to get it to another flipper instead of post passing. It’s only been a day so I’m in the honeymoon phase but it’s so sweet

#9962 2 years ago

Ok last post. Quick question:
You can buy either a pinsub or pin stadiums for your wonka. Which one do you choose?

#9963 2 years ago

I have a sub on mine - I do not believe in pin stadiums just due to cost but the game is too dark so my vote would be pin stadiums

Quoted from Kenswift:

You can buy either a pinsub or pin stadiums for your wonka. Which one do you choose?

#9964 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Pinstadium neo if you can only have one.
I also have the pin woofer set up on mine and it is the bomb.

#9965 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Buy a Polk 10 and make a cheep set of stadium lights your self,I love the brand name pin stadiums but the ones I make for 25.00 work fine,not interactive or anything fancy but mine they light up the playfield just fine!

#9966 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I have a set of pinstadium neos I'm going to sell, if you end up going that route!

#9967 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Buy a Polk 10 and make a cheep set of stadium lights your self,I love the brand name pin stadiums but the ones I make for 25.00 work fine,not interactive or anything fancy but mine they light up the playfield just fine!

Pinstadiums!
But also snag the pinnovator sub out for like $40 and hook it to an external sub.

#9968 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

IMO, I like the dark setting. I wouldnt want bring lights of pinstadiums to ruin any lighting effects.. And no, ive never had a problem seeing the ball...

A sub though is definitely needed as the audio on this machine is horrible.

#9969 2 years ago

Dang. Ok first chink in the armor. So I’m about 50 games in and now when it goes in the TV Saucer it stays there and doesn’t come out until it does a ball search. This can be on a skill shot or if I hit the TV shot during the game. Any suggestions?

A4223727-90E5-4419-BFBA-9B8BF530DC79 (resized).jpegA4223727-90E5-4419-BFBA-9B8BF530DC79 (resized).jpeg
#9970 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Dang. Ok first chink in the armor. So I’m about 50 games in and now when it goes in the TV Saucer it stays there and doesn’t come out until it does a ball search. This can be on a skill shot or if I hit the TV shot during the game. Any suggestions?[quoted image]

Check the connections and clean the opto - it needs to see the reflection of the pinball. Not a traditional style opto.

#9971 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Check the connections and clean the opto - it needs to see the reflection of the pinball. Not a traditional style opto.

Everything seemed good. I just unplugged the opto and plugged it back in and it’s working again. I’ll make sure I clean it regularly. Good info. What a game.

#9972 2 years ago

Anyone install the post in the left outlane? I swear to god I get more drains out of that lane than Star Trek TNG right lane. Any nudge/bounce flies right out. I remember reading mixed reviews - perhaps it makes it hard for balls to go into the inlanes? Thanks

#9973 2 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Anyone install the post in the left outlane? I swear to god I get more drains out of that lane than Star Trek TNG right lane. Any nudge/bounce flies right out. I remember reading mixed reviews - perhaps it makes it hard for balls to go into the inlanes? Thanks

Man I don't think its that bad. But maybe I've been lucky. Still likely going to install the post. And please go with the extended lane guide on STTNG....

#9974 2 years ago

I added it and an nit experiencing what you described

But I also installed a different rubber nub on it

Quoted from Dreadreaper:

#9975 2 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

You can't put a normal rubber on the post, the ball gets stuck so I removed it. I thought of maybe trimming it down or is there more narrow ones you can buy?

#9976 2 years ago

This is what I used

Quoted from pcprogrammer:

You can't put a normal rubber on the post, the ball gets stuck so I removed it. I thought of maybe trimming it down or is there more narrow ones you can buy?

F428CE75-A93B-4417-86F1-6DD57EFD4718 (resized).pngF428CE75-A93B-4417-86F1-6DD57EFD4718 (resized).png
#9977 2 years ago

Thank you @lermods, definitely a must for every Wonka machine! Beautiful

0C2A0BF8-EF0F-44D3-91E0-218D9822C924 (resized).jpeg0C2A0BF8-EF0F-44D3-91E0-218D9822C924 (resized).jpeg9C872C52-376B-4D41-9C97-CCBE9F2308BB (resized).jpeg9C872C52-376B-4D41-9C97-CCBE9F2308BB (resized).jpeg
#9978 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Thank you Lermods, definitely a must for every Wonka machine! Beautiful
[quoted image][quoted image]

You cost me 160.000 dollars ,really have wanted one for a long time but this pushed me to pull the trigger!

#9979 2 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Update: Installed the post in the lower slot. Make sure you read the instructions - the washer needs to go on the top of the playfield. I assume this is to give some height to it so it can go in the leftmost inlane. I placed a spare rubber nub the same size as the post to its right. It is tight, but the ball makes it through into the leftmost inlane. Play has improved significantly, because it actually allows you to nudge the ball and save one destined for the outlane. I recommend all users install this if you are having trouble with the left outlane. It is still tough, but feels like you have a chance now.

#9980 2 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Update: Installed the post in the lower slot. Make sure you read the instructions - the washer needs to go on the top of the playfield. I assume this is to give some height to it so it can go in the leftmost inlane. I placed a spare rubber nub the same size as the post to its right. It is tight, but the ball makes it through into the leftmost inlane. Play has improved significantly, because it actually allows you to nudge the ball and save one destined for the outlane. I recommend all users install this if you are having trouble with the left outlane. It is still tough, but feels like you have a chance now.

Is there any chance you can post a picture of what you mean?

#9981 2 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

Is there any chance you can post a picture of what you mean?

20211113_180635 (resized).jpg20211113_180635 (resized).jpg
#9982 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

You cost me 160.000 dollars ,really have wanted one for a long time but this pushed me to pull the trigger!

Awesome buy, you won’t regret it.

#9983 2 years ago

I wonder why the washer is on that post but not the other to the right.

#9984 2 years ago

Thanks!

#9985 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I wonder why the washer is on that post but not the other to the right.

My guess is to create a slight height difference between the two rubber nubs, thus allowing a ball to move more easily between them.

#9986 2 years ago

Forgive what might be a dumb question, but how do you keep Wonka’s office going? When I hit the lit shot it kills the flippers and says i won. I’ve gotten about 4 million on it (which is my best) but it lasted 20 seconds. Assuming I make other shots to build up the jackpot? But how do you know which shots? Any shot on the same side?

#9987 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Forgive what might be a dumb question, but how do you keep Wonka’s office going? When I hit the lit shot it kills the flippers and says i won. I’ve gotten about 4 million on it (which is my best) but it lasted 20 seconds. Assuming I make other shots to build up the jackpot? But how do you know which shots? Any shot on the same side?

After the first two shots, Wonka's Office offers the ability to continue or cash out. Cash out shots are the captive ball (1x value), camera ramp (2x value), and kid multiball shot (3x value). Making any of these will end the mode and pay the jackpot at the appropriate multiplier.

Continuing the mode is done by sinking a ball in the gobstopper gobble hole. This then relights the alternating shots on the sides of the playfield and two more successful shots get you back to the option to collect or cash out. You can keep going like this until you feel like cashing out but the number of shots needed to get back to the jackpot or continue option increases.

#9988 2 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

After the first two shots, Wonka's Office offers the ability to continue or cash out. Cash out shots are the captive ball (1x value), camera ramp (2x value), and kid multiball shot (3x value). Making any of these will end the mode and pay the jackpot at the appropriate multiplier.
Continuing the mode is done by sinking a ball in the gobstopper gobble hole. This then relights the alternating shots on the sides of the playfield and two more successful shots get you back to the option to collect or cash out. You can keep going like this until you feel like cashing out but the number of shots needed to get back to the jackpot or continue option increases.

I’ve been playing pinball for many years but I still don’t get the rules sometimes. How do you know all this? when I’m playing the game it’s hard as hell just to keep up with what’s going on let alone being able to track what I hit to activate what.

#9989 2 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I’ve been playing pinball for many years but I still don’t get the rules sometimes. How do you know all this? when I’m playing the game it’s hard as hell just to keep up with what’s going on let alone being able to track what I hit to activate what.

For that reason is why I love this game. There is so much.

#9990 2 years ago

Anybody know how to turn the loud knock sound off that happens across the game?

#9991 2 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

Just being perceptive while playing, really. I play pretty patiently and in control, checking the LCD to see what info it offers. The game does a great job of telling you what you need to know.

#9992 2 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Just being perceptive while playing, really. I play pretty patiently and in control, checking the LCD to see what info it offers. The game does a great job of telling you what you need to know.

It seems that every time I look up at the little lcd I lose my ball.. oh well

#9993 2 years ago

The knock sound can be turned off in the audio settings.

#9994 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Anybody know how to turn the loud knock sound off that happens across the game?

Page B-26 in the manual. System Settings -

Knocker
Knocker Strength
Knocker Control

LTG : )

#9995 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I dont have that problem. I have my post in the lower position with the stock rubber. No issues at all. I dont have a washer down either. Not even sure there was a washer in my goodie bag.

#9996 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I dont have that problem. I have my post in the lower position with the stock rubber. No issues at all. I dont have a washer down either. Not even sure there was a washer in my goodie bag.

Same here, I didn't have a washer either. It was a tight fit for the ball at first but no issues now.

#9997 2 years ago

Following up on this - Spoke to Joe and he is sending me a new set of the Hollograffix they apparently just released for Wonka.

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/jjp-willy-wonka-pinblades-holograffix

I will post a picture when received - I didnt realize these existed!

Quoted from djsolzs:

[quoted image]

#9998 2 years ago

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

#9999 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Following up on this - Spoke to Joe and he is sending me a new set of the Hollograffix they apparently just released for Wonka.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/jjp-willy-wonka-pinblades-holograffix
I will post a picture when received - I didnt realize these existed!

I have been on the fence for a while on which art blades to get...I am ordering these today. They look awesome.

#10000 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I have been on the fence for a while on which art blades to get...I am ordering these today. They look awesome.

I guess im in the minority.. I dont want rainbow side blades...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,947 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/200?hl=skipnatty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.