IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 280.
#901 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Mine is outside the ramp, I get an airball every other game. I thought about trying to lift the wireform support near the captive ball a half inch or so but the air balls are too rare to even care really.

Until they shatter your Oompa Loompa!

#902 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I saw that, hopefully doesn't happen. Mine seem to fling towards the upper left flipper.

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Your collection TZ and Wonka
That’s a hell of a contrast isn’t it?
I owned TZ years ago I loved it and then one I didn’t.Its a lot of work where as I’m assuming Wonka is just fun.

#904 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Your collection TZ and Wonka
That’s a hell of a contrast isn’t it?
I owned TZ years ago I loved it and then one I didn’t.Its a lot of work where as I’m assuming Wonka is just fun.

Haha! Yep. Obviously I’m a Lawlor fan and TZ was my go-to favorite pin back in college. I’ve owned it for about 13 years now and if I’m being honest, it stays broke more often than it works (that’s part of the fun though, right? Maybe?).

Wonka is a nice change of pace while still having that great PL shot geometry. It shoots great. It is approachable for casual players while still feeling very deep. I got back into the hobby recently after a hiatus and my wife loved the WOZ we played at a location nearby. I was considering getting a second pin and when Wonka was announced it seemed like perfect timing.

I think it complements TZ pretty well.

For example: both games are ridiculously heavy. My body is a solid ball of pain after dragging that thing up the stairs yesterday.

#905 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Haha! Yep. Obviously I’m a Lawlor fan and TZ was my go-to favorite pin back in college. I’ve owned it for about 13 years now and if I’m being honest, it stays broke more often than it works (that’s part of the fun though, right? Maybe?).
Wonka is a nice change of pace while still having that great PL shot geometry. It shoots great. It approachable for casual players while still feeling very deep. I got back into the hobby recently after a hiatus and my wife loved the WOZ we played at a location nearby. I was considering getting a second pin and when Wonka was announced it seemed like perfect timing.
I think it complements TZ pretty well.
For example: both games are ridiculously heavy. My body is a solid ball of pain after dragging that thing up the stairs yesterday.

lol good stuff man

#906 4 years ago

New Oompa Loompa on its way from JJP .

Thank you Frank from JJP

#907 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Kinda hard to see what is happening from the pics, but is the switch itself sticking closed? (like the plastic nub inside the microswitch?)
I had that happen on a game once and fixed it by slightly loosening the 2 screws on the switch itself. The nub popped out and happily complied from that point forward.

The roller at the end of the switch is getting stuck behind the plastic.

#908 4 years ago

Hopefully they work out these issues before i get my LE.

#909 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I just looked at mine, i thought it was odd that a direct hit didnt register, but didnt really think anything of it. It looked like the roller was getting stuck above the metal for the target. I took a switch adjuster, and bent it very slightly down and now have no problem, even a soft hit will trigger it

#910 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Loosen the front screw on the switch and rotate it down.

#911 4 years ago

Is anyone getting airballs off the right ramp, with the lower left flipper at the default power setting?

#912 4 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Is anyone getting airballs off the right ramp, with the lower left flipper at the default power setting?

right "factory" ramp never.. left "gobstopper" ramp once, and the ball ended up trapped underneath the ramp because there's a hole in the far upper left corner.

#913 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Hopefully they work out these issues before i get my LE.

Fear not. Remember, JJP delivered a bunch of machines already. Not every machine is experiencing these issue. Mine has been 100%

#914 4 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Fear not. Remember, JJP delivered a bunch of machines already. Not every machine is experiencing these issue. Mine has been 100%

That’s what I’m talking about.

#915 4 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

I did and turned the flipper strength down I think 2 and it fixed it. Flipper is still very strong

#916 4 years ago

Probably already been posted but looks like JJP fixed the leaning screen issue. Looks like a better frame holder along with bottom pieces as well.

IMG_0400 (resized).jpgIMG_0400 (resized).jpgIMG_0401 (resized).jpgIMG_0401 (resized).jpg
#917 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Probably already been posted but looks like JJP fixed the leaning screen issue. Looks like a better frame holder along with bottom pieces as well.[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that a bracket underneath to prop it up?

Looks a lot better! My POTC still has sag. I'm glad they've made two improvements here.

#918 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Probably already been posted but looks like JJP fixed the leaning screen issue. Looks like a better frame holder along with bottom pieces as well.[quoted image][quoted image]

A larger monitor any the back Box is mounted with a standard PC wall mounting arm, and kept level by magnets. It is very adjustable by simply pulling it off the magnets for a second then pushing it back on and adjusting which ever corner he wish. Very smart design.

#919 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Looks a lot better! My POTC still has sag. I'm glad they've made two improvements here.

Yes on both sides

#920 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Try loosening the 4 bolts that hold the arm to the monitor panel, rotate it and torque it back down. I was able to eliminate sag doing this.

#921 4 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

I've had a few here and there. In fact, I had one just now on a game. That said, I still need to fix the incorrectly installed wire frame, but I'm not sure if it would have made a difference.

#922 4 years ago

Want to know if you owner like the game?
Did it me or exceeded your expectations?

Not the issues just game play?
Is it Deep enough?
Munster I bought was boring as hell so sold it after 6 months.

I have WOZ and HOBBIT both are fantastic.
Please info so I can make a LE Wonka decision.

Thanks in advance

#923 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Is it Deep enough?

Love it.. one of lawlor's greatest games. Plenty deep for me, there's so many multiballs, bonuses and multipliers. Everything is very clear how to progress, but not to say it's easy. The the gamerule map they made is so helpful

wonka_rules (resized).jpgwonka_rules (resized).jpg
#924 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Air ball snapped camera at the base and Oompa lost a hand.
Temp hack job fix is completed . Keep playing!
[quoted image][quoted image]

MINE BROKE THE EXACT SAME WAY! What a coincidence!

#925 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Love it.. one of lawlor's greatest games. Plenty deep for me, there's so many multiballs, bonuses and multipliers. Everything is very clear how to progress, but not to say it's easy. The the gamerule map they made is so helpful[quoted image]

Thanks
How would you compare to the other JJP
On a 1 to 10
WOZ being the 10?

#926 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Is it Deep enough?
Munster I bought was boring as hell so sold it after 6 months.
I have WOZ and HOBBIT both are fantastic.
Please info so I can make a LE Wonka decision.
Thanks in advance

Great questions. Maybe this is an own thread?
I hope you dont mind me adding some?

What are the objectives code wise?
For pirates,woz and especially hobbit, it´s pretty clear, but what are thoose for wonka?

Can charlie reach Success?
Can you make the elevator get the bucket family?

#927 4 years ago

Sad. Reading this makes me wonder if her health and mental state had any influence on why Violet doesn't seem to be in the actual game all that much (ie: was her permission sought for any parts of her voice or likeness, and was she unable to provide that approval?). Has anyone seen the "blueberry" imagery anywhere, for example? There's a ton I haven't seen of this game yet, but it does seem like a notable omission.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/willy-wonka-actress-denise-nickerson-dies-at-62

#928 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Sad. Reading this makes me wonder if her health and mental state had any influence on why Violet doesn't seem to be in the actual game all that much (ie: was her permission sought for any parts of her voice or likeness, and was she unable to provide that approval?). Has anyone seen the "blueberry" imagery anywhere, for example? There's a ton I haven't seen of this game yet, but it does seem like a notable omission.
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/willy-wonka-actress-denise-nickerson-dies-at-62

When you complete her character she is shown as a blueberry in the popup.

#929 4 years ago

Got some must have mods yesterday that gives Wonka a cherry on top (modcouple factory) (lermods RGB lights) highly recommended these specially the RGB lighting mod

20190711_210035 (resized).jpg20190711_210035 (resized).jpg20190711_210000 (resized).jpg20190711_210000 (resized).jpg20190711_210005 (resized).jpg20190711_210005 (resized).jpg20190711_210111 (resized).jpg20190711_210111 (resized).jpg
#930 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

When you complete her character she is shown as a blueberry in the popup.

Ah, copy that. I'm rarely looking up so I haven't seen that. Disregard my theory!

#931 4 years ago

Seriously considering selling my DI for a Wonka. Anyone who owns both can provide a comparison ?

#932 4 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Seriously considering selling my DI for a Wonka. Anyone who owns both can provide a comparison ?

I sold my DI to get a wonka. I didn’t want to do it, but there’s only so much space and cash available. They are comparable in terms of being fun. They are very different games. I miss DI, but wonka fills the space nicely.

#933 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I sold my DI to get a wonka. I didn’t want to do it, but there’s only so much space and cash available. They are comparable in terms of being fun. They are very different games. I miss DI, but wonka fills the space nicely.

Thanks going to go play Wonka tonight and see. I love DI but my family is very “meh” on it and they love Wonka (movies/books)

#934 4 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Thanks going to go play Wonka tonight and see. I love DI but my family is very “meh” on it and they love Wonka (movies/books)

DI is a curious machine to me. It looks like it has a lot of depth to grow into over time as a home-owned machine...but it has yet to get its hooks into me such that I'd buy one.

I feel like there is something there, and people who own it LOVE it, but I just haven't gotten it yet.

#935 4 years ago

Similar games in a lot of ways. Wonka appeals to my wife more than DI but not by much. Neither my wife nor I are big fans of the Wonka movie but the game is fun and keeps you coming back for more. DI I like a lot also so both appeal to me.

#936 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Similar games in a lot of ways. Wonka appeals to my wife more than DI but not by much. Neither my wife nor I are big fans of the Wonka movie but the game is fun and keeps you coming back for more. DI I like a lot also so both appeal to me.

Wonka absolutely has the "ok one more try" thing going on.

#937 4 years ago

Gonna be streaming today with cjchand Gasoline and @sheriffbarclay!

https://www.twitch.tv/events/5mB2NDQySuG7te_g7fQgIw

#938 4 years ago

Just installed Pinstadium. I see there are 3 or 4 board plugs that say Spot Lights. Does JJP sell those. Do you only get those with LE or CE. Game to me seems really dark.

#939 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Just installed Pinstadium. I see there are 3 or 4 board plugs that say Spot Lights. Does JJP sell those. Do you only get those with LE or CE. Game to me seems really dark.

On Wonka there is a new kind of spotlight (for JJP anyway), much smaller. There is one that points at the gobstopper and a few more that plug into that same large LED board underneath the field. They are on the standard edition also.

#940 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

On Wonka there is a new kind of spotlight (for JJP anyway), much smaller. There is one that points at the gobstopper and a few more that plug into that same large LED board underneath the field. They are on the standard edition also.

Holly Shit that is cool. I never noticed those. (Like the one pointing at Lil Deadpool) I guess you could buy more for the sling shots since they have open connectors on the board.

#941 4 years ago

I have temporarily fixed the issue of balls falling out of the trough mid-game using a piece of packing foam and some masking tape. It is the most low rent fix for a brand new pinball machine ever, but it's something.

#942 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I have temporarily fixed the issue of balls falling out of the trough mid-game using a piece of packing foam and some masking tape. It is the most low rent fix for a brand new pinball machine ever, but it's something.

That is so weird. It has to be some kind of leveling issue, right? I know you confirmed the leveling, but is the trough fully screwed into the playfield and flush like it should be?

Maybe a zip tie across the back would be slightly less wonky...

#943 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

DI is a curious machine to me. It looks like it has a lot of depth to grow into over time as a home-owned machine...but it has yet to get its hooks into me such that I'd buy one.
I feel like there is something there, and people who own it LOVE it, but I just haven't gotten it yet.

I really didn’t care for DI when I played it in the arcade environment. When I got it in the home is where it shined for me.

#944 4 years ago

Played some Wonka this week and thought it was fun. Started oompah loompah multiball but after (checking game rules sheet) I can’t figure out how

#945 4 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Played some Wonka this week and thought it was fun. Started oompah loompah multiball but after (checking game rules sheet) I can’t figure out how

It’s lit by getting your first Golden Ticket. It’s started by hitting the right orbit shot just under the WonkaVision.

#946 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I uploaded my fix to thingiverse:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3745380

If anyone wants one printed let me know. I'll only charge the $4 shipping to the lower 48 states.

#947 4 years ago
Quoted from Weedlum:

It’s lit by getting your first Golden Ticket. It’s started by hitting the right orbit shot just under the WonkaVision.

So then it is not on the Rule Sheet above in post 923? I still don't see it on there unless it is the "oompa loompah hurry up" awarded from the captive ball. ??? If they added more than what was planned ... great! Keep adding.

#948 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That is so weird. It has to be some kind of leveling issue, right? I know you confirmed the leveling, but is the trough fully screwed into the playfield and flush like it should be?
Maybe a zip tie across the back would be slightly less wonky...

One of the screws near the hole WAS not all the way when when I first got it. I have since tightened it but the issue is still there. I can't understand it either. The worst part is that it always seems to happen in the middle of a crazy mode or multiball and it just kills the momentum (not to mention the ball save).

I got a private message from a JJP employee after I posted my pictures and he said a fix was coming. I don't know more than that. Perhaps a few models had some faulty troughs? From the cross section posted here, it is clear that I'm not the only one with the issue. As you said, each machine is different...

#949 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

So then it is not on the Rule Sheet above in post 923? I still don't see it on there unless it is the "oompa loompah hurry up" awarded from the captive ball. ??? If they added more than what was planned ... great! Keep adding.

That mode was added after that flow chart was put out. They also added Wonka’s Office after your second ticket, an award of some sort after your third, another mini wizard mode after your fourth, and the final wizard mode, Pure Imagination, after collecting your fifth. Super deep code and feels complete. I haven’t been in the hobby very long, but this is the first modern machine I’ve seen released that has complete code when it ships. Anything they add going forward is just icing.

#950 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

One of the screws near the hole WAS not all the way when when I first got it. I have since tightened it but the issue is still there. I can't understand it either. The worst part is that it always seems to happen in the middle of a crazy mode or multiball and it just kills the momentum (not to mention the ball save).
I got a private message from a JJP employee after I posted my pictures and he said a fix was coming. I don't know more than that. Perhaps a few models had some faulty troughs? From the cross section posted here, it is clear that I'm not the only one with the issue. As you said, each machine is different...

Maybe I've just been lucky so far? JJP support is great, I'm deeply curious on the root cause/fix once resolved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
11,000 (OBO)
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/19?hl=frobozz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.