IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 279.
#9901 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep powered subwoofer is a must for any pin in my home... such a amazing upgrade and cheap and easy to do

The sound quality on Wonka is definitely thin and top heavy… frustratingly so.

#9902 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Maybe I will leave it out then. 1 less post for issues. I'm not finding the out lanes terrible on this one.

First ive heard that said here hahhaha. Give it time and that left lane will make you wanna kill yourself haha

#9903 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

First ive heard that said here hahhaha. Give it time and that left lane will make you wanna kill yourself haha

I think these outlanes are docile compared to Stern's with slings set high enough to launch a plane off of an aircraft carrier, lol. I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

#9904 2 years ago

I installed the LE topper and in the settings, I am not able to dim the lights. All settings are the same except 0 which turns off the lights on the topper. Am I losing it?

#9905 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I think these outlanes are docile compared to Stern's with slings set high enough to launch a plane off of an aircraft carrier, lol. I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

lol, sorry, I just cant agree with that on that one Wonka outlane.

Im the type who absolutely hates to change games from their "intended" settings.. But after a year and a half of constant frustrations with that left drain, I finally suckered up and put in that "cheater post". What a difference that made for me... I can actually enjoy the game.

Ill be curious if your opinion changes the more you play...

Regardless, enjoy! Its a great machine.

#9906 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I installed the LE topper and in the settings, I am not able to dim the lights. All settings are the same except 0 which turns off the lights on the topper. Am I losing it?

No, you arent losing it. The LE topper does not dim. Its been discussed here.

And I agree with you, its far too bright. I have mine set so that it turns off while I am playing, but turns back on at attract mode...

#9907 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Im the type who absolutely hates to change games from their "intended" settings.. But after a year and a half of constant frustrations with that left drain, I finally suckered up and put in that "cheater post". What a difference that made for me... I can actually enjoy the game.

Agreed. Same over here. In fact I'd have put it in the top position if I could muster up the bravery to hammer out the black plug from the top hole! Just the second hole makes a difference, and the game a lot more enjoyable, imho.

#9908 2 years ago

It's your game, play it and set it up as you like (easier, harder, or "as is")...you have every right to do so not every game is set up perfectly out of the box for everyone, for both software and hardware.

#9909 2 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

It's your game, play it and set it up as you like (easier, harder, or "as is")...you have every right to do so not every game is set up perfectly out of the box for everyone, for both software and hardware.

I know but I do like to see how I compare to others. I realize im nowhere near as good as most on here but I still like to know. And I typically like to assume those showing their scores are doing so as "stock" settings...

#9910 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

No, you arent losing it. The LE topper does not dim. Its been discussed here.
And I agree with you, its far too bright. I have mine set so that it turns off while I am playing, but turns back on at attract mode...

OK thanks. I will set mine the same way.

#9911 2 years ago

Where can you buy an LE Topper? Can anyone share a link please?

#9912 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Where can you buy an LE Topper? Can anyone share a link please?

Mike at Automated in Conn. has some I think.

#9913 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Can anyone share a link please?

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Mike at Automated in Conn. has some I think.

pinballs.com tell them Steve sent you.

LTG : )

#9914 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

So what's everyone doing to add more bass to the sound. I have almost none. It doesn't have to shake the house down but definitely need more than stock.

I had a friend tell me about Pinovators. I have a few ordered, one going in my Wonka. I keep my machines in my media room where I have a wall mounted jack plate on the backwall with my machines that runs to my receiver. I then have it running to a 9:2 audio setup. I am currently working on building a quick switch to flip between games so I am not taking up so many inputs on the receiver. What I like about Pinovators is you only need one sub and not a sub setup for each machine.

My next phase is to have a pull down monitor on a slide for the back wall so I, and guest, can watch walkthroughs of gameplays for additional help. Now, anyone needing help uses their phone, or turns around to the movie screen. When you know the layout of the game well enough you can just listen to audio.

#9915 2 years ago

Has anyone put in a different spring on their shooter rod? If so which one?
Mine seems to get weaker as I play consecutive games.

#9916 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Mine seems to get weaker as I play consecutive games.

Remove spring. Grab one end with a hand, grab the other end with the other hand. Give the spring a couple tugs.

Put back in game. Good as new.

#9917 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Remove spring. Grab one end with a hand, grab the other end with the other hand. Give the spring a couple tugs.
Put back in game. Good as new.

Haha great idea! I'll give it a try. Thanks!

#9918 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

pinballs.com tell them Steve sent you.

Thank you but looks like they don't ship to Australia? I've asked the question of them anyway

#9919 2 years ago

Should there be rubber on this post next to the captive ball?

54BD13E8-0C1A-4785-8401-7E384336A1B6 (resized).jpeg54BD13E8-0C1A-4785-8401-7E384336A1B6 (resized).jpeg
#9920 2 years ago

Yes.

Screenshot_20211103-194313 (resized).pngScreenshot_20211103-194313 (resized).png
#9921 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thank you but looks like they don't ship to Australia? I've asked the question of them anyway

Confirmed they don't ship to Australia, any other options?

#9922 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Confirmed they don't ship to Australia, any other options?

There are forwarding companies... have them ship to them, then they handle shipping it to you.

#9923 2 years ago

Has anyone gotten an LE from CoinTaker from this latest run? I have one pre-ordered and was trying to figure out when to expect it. Seems like quite a few other places have already gotten their allotment and shipped them.

#9924 2 years ago

What does everyone level their game to? 7 degrees? I was going to use an app on my phone to get it leveled.

#9925 2 years ago

That’s where I find it plays best… for me

What does everyone level their game to? 7 degrees? I was going to use an app on my phone to get it leveled.

#9926 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Has anyone gotten an LE from CoinTaker from this latest run? I have one pre-ordered and was trying to figure out when to expect it. Seems like quite a few other places have already gotten their allotment and shipped them.

I did not order from Cointaker, but I am also still waiting on mine. My distributer reached out a couple weeks ago and said to expect it some time mid-to-end November. Fingers-crossed!

#9927 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

lol, sorry, I just cant agree with that on that one Wonka outlane.
Ill be curious if your opinion changes the more you play...
Regardless, enjoy! Its a great machine.

It’s been my favorite shooter (amongst some good competition in my house) and go-to when I’ve got an hour or so to play, I think I’m around 800 games. It’s the hardest for me to walk away from.

#9928 2 years ago

This is seriously the greatest pinball machine I've ever owned. Everyone in our house is playing it constantly everyday. You always want one more game. It's almost frustrating because I want 4 pins total and I can't decide on the 4th because nothing compares to the gameplay and code on this. I'd probably get a Pirates if they weren't so expensive so that's not an option. I'll have Star Trek Premium, Wonka LE, Cactus Canyon LE and... ???

#9929 2 years ago

This is seriously the greatest pinball machine I've ever owned. Everyone in our house is playing it constantly everyday. You always want one more game. It's almost frustrating because I want 4 pins total and I can't decide on the 4th because nothing compares to the gameplay and code on this. I'd probably get a Pirates if they weren't so expensive so that's not an option. I'll have Star Trek Premium, Wonka LE, Cactus Canyon LE and... ???

G@r and di are also amazing or wait till jjp next release

#9930 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

G@r and di are also amazing or wait till jjp next release

Don't care for either enough to own, although gnr is beautiful! My short list now is Alien LE (would be a long wait), Hobbit LE, Mustang Premium (I know, weird choice but we like the gameplay and theme). Thought about Valhalla but changed my mind once we got Wonka.

#9931 2 years ago

Don't care for either enough to own, although gnr is beautiful! My short list now is Alien LE (would be a long wait), Hobbit LE, Mustang Premium (I know, weird choice but we like the gameplay and theme). Thought about Valhalla but changed my mind once we got Wonka.

Hobbit is amazing also
.its quite a experience and a must own for at least a bit.

#9932 2 years ago

I've been away from my favorite game (Wonka) for awhile, came back to it and it's still in the #1 position (with GZ, IM, DP, and a few others in the neighborhood). That being said, since I played last and did a bunch of updates, did they get more aggressive with the playfield magnets? I feel like several times it aggressively took a ball that was headed towards a flipper and pulled it SDTM.

#9933 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I've been away from my favorite game (Wonka) for awhile, came back to it and it's still in the #1 position (with GZ, IM, DP, and a few others in the neighborhood). That being said, since I played last and did a bunch of updates, did they get more aggressive with the playfield magnets? I feel like several times it aggressively took a ball that was headed towards a flipper and pulled it SDTM.

No the game is upset cause you ignored it for to long.

#9934 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I believe so .. mine are wicked now much like di..

#9935 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Hobbit is amazing also
.its quite a experience and a must own for at least a bit.

Hopefully adding a Hobbit to compliment my wonka next Friday! Pumped for sure!

#9936 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Hopefully adding a Hobbit to compliment my wonka next Friday! Pumped for sure!

All jjp le pins are amazing and are all a different experience... wish i cld of kept them.all.but not enough room . Di and Wonka are my overall favorites but my new g@r is slowly catching up with them more i play it. Woz , hobbit and especially potc were great but i perfer the layout and rules of di Wonka and g@r

#9937 2 years ago

I have a dialed in for sale, can even meet you on delivery. It pairs well with Wonka

B2092F48-B5E9-4E04-8196-F34F8CEF75C0 (resized).jpegB2092F48-B5E9-4E04-8196-F34F8CEF75C0 (resized).jpeg
#9938 2 years ago

So what's everyone doing to add more bass to the sound. I have almost none. It doesn't have to shake the house down but definitely need more than stock.

I put added a Dayton Audio SA70 70W Subwoofer Plate Amplifier to the stock speaker and am pretty pleased with it.

#9939 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

All jjp le pins are amazing and are all a different experience... wish i cld of kept them.all.but not enough room . Di and Wonka are my overall favorites but my new g@r is slowly catching up with them more i play it. Woz , hobbit and especially potc were great but i perfer the layout and rules of di Wonka and g@r

All wide body also!

#9940 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I’ve had them all, and currently own Wonka, GnR, and Pirates (and WOZ, at a friends house). My personal opinion is that Wonka is hands down the best shooter, GnR and Pirates with a close second. GnR is a tech marvel and Pirates is just so good. I love Dialed In and might get another, but that SIM card shot feels flawed (chance vs skill, I’ve heard do to the factory cliffy). I had a Hobbit Smaug, which was the most beautiful game made in my opinion, and the theme integration/videos second to none, but it just a big open playfield, fun but not on the level. WOZ is the same and I’d say one of the top collector pins, but play is not great (and unlike Hobbit, overly challenging, left outlane is miserable!). All my 2 cents. My Wonka CE is bolted!

#9941 2 years ago

Can anyone point me on how to get rid of this error...

20211106_115354 (resized).jpg20211106_115354 (resized).jpg
#9942 2 years ago

Can anyone point me on how to get rid of this error...[quoted image]

D27 flagged by machine most likely because it hasn't seen it in a while. Open coin door and push tilt bob against its ring while on this screen and the error will go away once the game sees that the switch does indeed work.
Look at the top left corner of your gobstopper "shield" target. That microswitch is supposed to be normally closed and then opened by the ball hitting the shield. The switch actuator can pop up and get stuck behind the retracting shield target. Check and see - you may have to free it and then adjust the arm down so that it rests lower when it is at rest.

#9943 2 years ago
flapperforwardannotated (resized).pngflapperforwardannotated (resized).png
#9944 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Agreed. Same over here. In fact I'd have put it in the top position if I could muster up the bravery to hammer out the black plug from the top hole! Just the second hole makes a difference, and the game a lot more enjoyable, imho.

This is a 10 minute job, no hammer needed. The black plastic plug can be pushed out with a nail or similar, don’t hammer your game. Yes, the adjustment to the top position made the game more enjoyable IMO

#9945 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

D27 flagged by machine most likely because it hasn't seen it in a while. Open coin door and push tilt bob against its ring while on this screen and the error will go away once the game sees that the switch does indeed work.
Look at the top left corner of your gobstopper "shield" target. That microswitch is supposed to be normally closed and then opened by the ball hitting the shield. The switch actuator can pop up and get stuck behind the retracting shield target. Check and see - you may have to free it and then adjust the arm down so that it rests lower when it is at rest.

Thanks! I'll take a look when I get home today.

#9946 2 years ago

I just moved it back and forth a few times as shown in the video. When I booted up next the error was gone. The switch was not stuck, it looked fine. Not sure why it would give me that error. I can see it's normal state is "closed". Do I have to make some sort of adjustment so that it's a bit tighter?

#9947 2 years ago

I just moved it back and forth a few times as shown in the video. When I booted up next the error was gone. The switch was not stuck, it looked fine. Not sure why it would give me that error. I can see it's normal state is "closed". Do I have to make some sort of adjustment so that it's a bit tighter?

If a series of balls had been played without the target being hit, the game will flag it to be checked the same as your tilt bob.

#9948 2 years ago

My very first pin was Dialed In. I fell in love with it when I played it. Buttery smooth and really original.I was torn between it and Wonka but I went with a DILE. I don’t have much room for pins and I wound up getting a JP Pro and selling it. It was a hard first pin for me because I struggled controlling the ball, and post passing etc. My JP was much easier.

Fast forward a year later and I have a TMNT Premium someone lent me, I have a Godzilla Premium being delivered shortly, and after seeing the 2.0 code, I just had to get the Wonka so I ordered one. I cannot wait to finally join the club and I think I’m decent enough now to appreciate the JJP and hopefully be able to play better.

#9949 2 years ago

Just got my art blades from pingraffix - there is a black line that stood out almost immediately to me.

Anyone else have these on their machine?

I think I'll do the art blades instead of mirror. The pingraffix ones are growing on me, it looks like they use adhesive strips. Anyone use the pingraffix ones and they held on long term?

wonkabladesblackline (resized).jpgwonkabladesblackline (resized).jpg
#9950 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Just got my art blades from pingraffix - there is a black line that stood out almost immediately to me.
Anyone else have these on their machine?
[quoted image]

I dont have these but that would drive me crazy... I would say no, its not normal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.