IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 278.
#9851 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I have no clue how you guys can get such high scores hahahah. Good for you!

Easy mode in the settings my man.. easy settings.

#9852 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Finally got around to installing the LE topper on my CE. I absolutely love this topper and thinks it looks great. I’m keeping my CE topper and might mix it up but for now, chocolate River ftw
[quoted image][quoted image]

i did the exact same thing. i definitely like the accessory topper better than the CE

#9853 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I have no clue how you guys can get such high scores hahahah. Good for you!

A key tactic for me has been to beat the auto plunger. Learn when and where you will get a new ball and crucially when it will be auto plunged for you, and even physically where that new ball will come from (trough or gobstopper subway) - the sequence and timing is not the same for different locks, multiball starts and ball saves. But if you learn the patterns and are quick enough, you can beat the plunger every time. If you practice your short plunging, this helps you stay out of the dreaded pops with at least one ball, and you can also usually line yourself up for an easy camera ramp shot, which in some modes is a really great way to start the mode (ie. gobstopper multiball; if you can get that first ball over the camera ramp, you just need one more ramp shot to open the gobble hole for your first gobstopper, and you can do this before ball 2 has even launched) - there is enough time between ball launches to get a ball down to the upper right flipper before the next ball is auto launched...

Also, wonka bars! When I get an epic 10mil+ score, it is almost always accompanied by a similarly epic wonka bar count. If you aren't hearing the "crazy!" callout when the bonus counts, then go for more!!!

#9854 2 years ago
Quoted from slippifishi:

A key tactic for me has been to beat the auto plunger. Learn when and where you will get a new ball and crucially when it will be auto plunged for you, and even physically where that new ball will come from (trough or gobstopper subway) - the sequence and timing is not the same for different locks, multiball starts and ball saves. But if you learn the patterns and are quick enough, you can beat the plunger every time. If you practice your short plunging, this helps you stay out of the dreaded pops with at least one ball, and you can also usually line yourself up for an easy camera ramp shot, which in some modes is a really great way to start the mode (ie. gobstopper multiball; if you can get that first ball over the camera ramp, you just need one more ramp shot to open the gobble hole for your first gobstopper, and you can do this before ball 2 has even launched) - there is enough time between ball launches to get a ball down to the upper right flipper before the next ball is auto launched...
Also, wonka bars! When I get an epic 10mil+ score, it is almost always accompanied by a similarly epic wonka bar count. If you aren't hearing the "crazy!" callout when the bonus counts, then go for more!!!

Thank you for the tips (and everyone else)!

#9855 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thank you for the tips (and everyone else)!

Also make sure you have the latest code, it makes it scoring higher way easier.

#9856 2 years ago

Has anyone detailed what changes to make in the settings to get current code closer to the original code?

#9857 2 years ago

Ok, first question. I can't figure out how to tighten down the lockdown bar. It's very loose. Am I missing something. Also, are the two copper screws supposed to be removed?

20211030_151315 (resized).jpg20211030_151315 (resized).jpg
#9858 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Also, are the two copper screws supposed to be removed?

Screw them up or down to tighten or loosen your lockdown bar.

LTG : )

#9859 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Screw them up or down to tighten or loosen your lockdown bar.
LTG : )

Thanks, I screwed them down a ways and it worked well. This game is pretty fantastic I must say. I'm really enjoying a lot, just played it today for the first time even though I got it almost 2 weeks ago.

#9860 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Has anyone detailed what changes to make in the settings to get current code closer to the original code?

What exactly do you mean ?

#9861 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

What exactly do you mean ?

New code essential changes settings to make advancing through the game easier, no?

I’d think The coder said (on podcast) that you can go into settings and make changes that have new code behave similar to old.

?

#9862 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

New code essential changes settings to make advancing through the game easier, no?
I’d think The coder said (on podcast) that you can go into settings and make changes that have new code behave similar to old.
?

You can set the game to hard or I think maybe extra hard. I believe it's in the utilities portion of the settings. Not sure if it is one-to-one with the old code, but that would be a start I would think.

#9863 2 years ago

Its awesome to do Wonka office, what a work of art this machine truly is. the integration with the movie works so well.

#9864 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Its awesome to do Wonka office, what a work of art this machine truly is. the integration with the movie works so well.

I know. It's laughable that people ripped this game for not having movie integration. The integration is amazing.

#9865 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I know. It's laughable that people<DEL><DEL><DEL><DEL><DEL><DEL>Kaneda ripped this game for not having movie integration. The integration is amazing.

FIFY

#9866 2 years ago

Totally agree, this is one of the best at theme integration!

#9867 2 years ago

One day soon I, too, will get to experience the famed Wonka's Office*!

(*without taking the glass off. Haven't done it yet.)

#9868 2 years ago

Just took delivery of my Wonka.....quick question about that left side inlane post thats not installed from the factory. Do I put a washer under that? I assume I get to pick the location and install the black cap in the other?

#9869 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Just took delivery of my Wonka.....quick question about that left side inlane post thats not installed from the factory. Do I put a washer under that? I assume I get to pick the location and install the black cap in the other?

You just move the post up from its current position and replace cap in other hole. Doesn't change much in my opinion.

#9870 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You just move the post up from its current position and replace cap in other hole. Doesn't change much in my opinion.

Thanks. The post wasn't installed. It came in the goody bag. I'm just wondering if I should put a washer under it.

#9871 2 years ago

So what's everyone doing to add more bass to the sound. I have almost none. It doesn't have to shake the house down but definitely need more than stock.

#9872 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Thanks. The post wasn't installed. It came in the goody bag. I'm just wondering if I should put a washer under it.

What’s the point of the uninstalled post?

#9873 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

What’s the point of the uninstalled post?

Optional - installing it makes the game easier as it makes saves easier on the left outlane.

#9874 2 years ago

So what's everyone doing to add more bass to the sound. I have almost none. It doesn't have to shake the house down but definitely need more than stock.

Pinwoofer kit works great.

#9875 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Optional - installing it makes the game easier as it makes saves easier on the left outlane.

Ah.

What you mean is: it’s cheating?

#9876 2 years ago

Maybe I will leave it out then. 1 less post for issues. I'm not finding the out lanes terrible on this one.

#9877 2 years ago

What other JJP is a good compliment to WW?

I just sold my MBse and am looking to add another JJp to the house.

Thanks!

#9878 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Thanks!

I personally am not that excited over the GNR gameplay overall but dang does that machine look at sound fantastic! Maybe consider it. Other then that maybe a Dialed In. WOZ is going to be a bit expensive right now, and Pirates also.

#9879 2 years ago

Or just wait for Toy Story, that would compliment a Wonka nicely.

#9880 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Pinwoofer kit works great.

I put in a new sub from amazon....

Put in the pinovators external sub hook up...

Put in a new group loop filter (made the biggest change for me)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XQYN77L

Sounds a whole lot better...

#9881 2 years ago

I’ve got DI next to mine - best value in pinball right now

Quoted from bossk4hire:

Thanks!

#9882 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Thanks!

My vote would be Dialed In. POTC is unobtainable so DI would be a great fast paced game.

#9883 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Thanks!

W-O-Z

#9884 2 years ago

Mirror blades or inner art? Anyone have a preference or suggestions on what to get?

#9885 2 years ago

Mirror blades or inner art? Anyone have a preference or suggestions on what to get?

My wife and I are having the same discussion. I think mirror blades would look good on this game

#9886 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

My wife and I are having the same discussion. I think mirror blades would look good on this game

Yea, I have them on my Star Trek and they look really cool. I can't decide though if some of the nice art blades I've seen would fit this pin better.

#9888 2 years ago

I just ordered these they are running a 20% off right now.

I have mirror blades on my DI and it can be kinda blinding at times. Decided against them for that reason

Quoted from hiker2099:

#9889 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I just ordered these they are running a 20% off right now.
I have mirror blades on my DI and it can be kinda blinding at times. Decided against them for that reason

Is it normally $100? I see it for $80 right now.

#9890 2 years ago

I couldn’t get mirror blades to fit on Wonka… not enough space. Look your game over before ordering.

#9891 2 years ago

Promo code SPICE34 it will be 20% off the 80

Is it normally $100? I see it for $80 right now.

#9892 2 years ago

I think I'll do the art blades instead of mirror. The pingraffix ones are growing on me, it looks like they use adhesive strips. Anyone use the pingraffix ones and they held on long term?

#9893 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Promo code SPICE34 it will be 20% off the 80

Thanks

#9894 2 years ago

Alligator clipped speaker wire to bottom cabinet speaker, ran wire to a cheapo Goodwill sub ($15 I think) that accepts speaker level inputs, and it sounds amazing now. I also was surprised at the lack of low frequencies with the original setup.

#9895 2 years ago

There's this really nice set too that comes with backboard ,target decals and sticker for side of secret machine. I've had it for a while now and not sure where i bought it at this point tho...
20211101_224408 (resized).jpg20211101_224408 (resized).jpg

#9896 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Alligator clipped speaker wire to bottom cabinet speaker, ran wire to a cheapo Goodwill sub ($15 I think) that accepts speaker level inputs, and it sounds amazing now. I also was surprised at the lack of low frequencies with the original setup.

Yep powered subwoofer is a must for any pin in my home... such a amazing upgrade and cheap and easy to do

#9897 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There's this really nice set too that comes with backboard ,target decals and sticker for side of secret machine. I've had it for a while now and not sure where i bought it at this point tho...
[quoted image]

Yes, I've heard of that one but haven't found it yet.

#9898 2 years ago

Yes, I've heard of that one but haven't found it yet.

Ive had it for years lol.. one day ill put it on

#9899 2 years ago

Put mirror blades on mine and love them. None of the art blades really did it for me and the clearance on the cabinet sides is so tight you would have a time not having them get ruined.

#9900 2 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Put mirror blades on mine and love them. None of the art blades really did it for me and the clearance on the cabinet sides is so tight you would have a time not having them get ruined.

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/198?hl=chewiec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.