IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 279.
#9751 2 years ago

Chips, dips, chains, whips...?

#9752 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Chips, dips, chains, whips...?

Great movie..

#9753 2 years ago

Well, sure as shit while looking through the thread and see the broken cameras my mom's first play my camera broke at the base and his hand. I have glued it for now but would like to replace it. Any idea how to get a new one? I have sent JJ a couple of inquiries though their website in the last week and no response. Is there another place to get it or another way to reach someone?

#9754 2 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Well, sure as shit while looking through the thread and see the broken cameras my mom's first play my camera broke at the base and his hand. I have glued it for now but would like to replace it. Any idea how to get a new one? I have sent JJ a couple of inquiries though their website in the last week and no response. Is there another place to get it or another way to reach someone?

Is your machine registered and are you filling out the correct support form on the website ? They always get back to me same day...usually within few hours.

#9755 2 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Call..

#9757 2 years ago

Thanks for all the tips. I was directed to the correct link on the website and Ken reached out to me this morning and handled it. He was great! Awesome customer service.

#9758 2 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Thanks for all the tips. I was directed to the correct link on the website and Ken reached out to me this morning and handled it. He was great! Awesome customer service.

Ken is the very best.

#9759 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Ken is the very best.

He was great, fast response and even helped me with a technical question I had too!

#9760 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Ken is the very best.

I agree, Ken is great.

On the issues he's allowed to fix, that is.

#9762 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I agree, Ken is great.
On the issues he's allowed to fix, that is.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

(I kid, of course )

#9763 2 years ago

Sooo, just out of curiosity, since new Wonkas now go for $11k.. Does that mean that used machines just took a jump in pricing?

Curious on thoughts on that. But no, im not planning on selling ha.

#9764 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Sooo, just out of curiosity, since new Wonkas now go for $11k.. Does that mean that used machines just took a jump in pricing?

Yes they did.....

#9765 2 years ago

Just got the email, wire transfer sent! I can't wait to officially be a part of the club

#9766 2 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

Just got the email, wire transfer sent! I can't wait to officially be a part of the club

Congrats! Should be getting mine on Tuesday.

#9767 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Congrats! Should be getting mine on Tuesday.

Awesome! I was expecting to get mine before Christmas but now it looks like it will be even sooner. This is my first JJP, I'm super excited

#9768 2 years ago

Interesting development with my Wonka. While in test mode the flippers will work for a few flips, then by the fourth or fifth they slowly lose power and then stop working completely. But when I exit out of test mode and start a game, they work fine.

Thoughts?

#9769 2 years ago

Play the game. Don't worry about tests.

LTG : )

#9770 2 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

Same here. Can't wait.

#9771 2 years ago
Quoted from pinpin8990:

Interesting development with my Wonka. While in test mode the flippers will work for a few flips, then by the fourth or fifth they slowly lose power and then stop working completely. But when I exit out of test mode and start a game, they work fine.
Thoughts?

When you are testing, is the coin door closed? High power is disabled when the coin door is open.

#9772 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

When you are testing, is the coin door closed? High power is disabled when the coin door is open.

I'm a dumbass.

#9773 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

It seems they actually fell a bit.

Prior to the re- release there were games listed for $11-12k. Now some of those are listed for ~$10.5k.

100% get that people can ask whatever they want for a game however it seemed ~$11k was about where a lot of used games were already at.

#9774 2 years ago
IMG_0481 (resized).jpegIMG_0481 (resized).jpeg
#9775 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

Tonight must be the party night for 10k plays!

Congrats!!!

#9776 2 years ago

Team WW. Running into an issue with my ball trough. Six balls in the trough but they're not registering (ball search kicks in regularly). Changed out balls thinking they might have been magnetized - not the issue! Ran the trough test and found the attached. All test trough "buckets" 1-6 will turn green - momentarily - when a test ball enters the trough but then they all switch immediately back to yellow.

Welcome any guidance for troubleshooting the issue. Thanks in advance.

WW Trough Issues (resized).jpgWW Trough Issues (resized).jpg

#9777 2 years ago

Any one have ideas on the Bluetooth dongle to use headphones?
The one suggested picks up all the other Bluetooth things in the house but none of the 4 different sets of head phones I tried pairing.

#9778 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Team WW. Running into an issue with my ball trough. Six balls in the trough but they're not registering (ball search kicks in regularly). Changed out balls thinking they might have been magnetized - not the issue! Ran the trough test and found the attached. All test trough "buckets" 1-6 will turn green - momentarily - when a test ball enters the trough but then they all switch immediately back to yellow.
Welcome any guidance for troubleshooting the issue. Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

Sorry that's happening. Seems like the opto board is out? Recommend contacting JJP with a service ticket. Usually respond same day or next day and figure it out quickly!

#9779 2 years ago

My plastic over the captive ball broke. I’ve only owned the game about a week. Is this a common issue? Is there a fix to prevent this from happening again?

Also, do you think my game is okay to play still? Not really sure what that piece of plastic was really doing anyways? You’d think it keeping the captive ball from popping out but the passage way is too narrow for a ball to fit through anyways.

I’ve contacted JJP for a replacement part already. I assume this should be a super easy fix? Take off nut, washer, broker piece, then replace? Silly question, I know, but I’ve assumed other jobs would be easy but they turned out to be much more involved that originally thought.

8CC7551A-A9B9-47F8-BCA0-10668D5FEA13 (resized).jpeg8CC7551A-A9B9-47F8-BCA0-10668D5FEA13 (resized).jpegA17F4802-C062-4CB1-9144-EAE13D4AB59C (resized).jpegA17F4802-C062-4CB1-9144-EAE13D4AB59C (resized).jpeg
#9780 2 years ago

This whole achievement Scorbit thing has definitely taken my game to a different level it’s amazing !

Ok I just played the best game I ever have and got like 3 million thinking I’m going to upload this score and kick everyone’s butt only to see that the top players are like 30 million . Got some work to do I guess

#9781 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

This whole achievement Scorbit thing has definitely taken my game to a different level it’s amazing !
Ok I just played the best game I ever have and got like 3 million thinking I’m going to upload this score and kick everyone’s butt only to see that the top players are like 30 million . Got some work to do I guess

It’s been fun having Scorbit keep track of all my scores… been on a bit of a run lately….
This is standard 3 ball games.

Was cool to get onto the overall leaderboard!

The other nice thing is seeing the time and scoring progression. 1st ball really sets the stage and balls 2 and 3 ramp up the scores as you stack multi balls and collect jackpots. Only issue is most games over 10M are ~20+min games!
0DB7BC67-3083-4C87-8607-3A756BC6058C (resized).png0DB7BC67-3083-4C87-8607-3A756BC6058C (resized).png

#9782 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It's all relative. My best score is above 60 million and some players have mentioned an Easter egg for when you crack 100 million so I've got some work to do too lol.

#9783 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

It's all relative. My best score is above 60 million and some players have mentioned in Easter egg for when you crack 100 million so I've got some work to do too lol.

I couldn’t imagine how long a 100M+ game would last….

Maybe some day, but maybe never

#9784 2 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

I couldn’t imagine how long a 100M+ game would last….
Maybe some day, but maybe never

Both of mine were about 45 min.

#9785 2 years ago

I haven’t really looked into it yet but each game should show how many total achievements there are like u have 5 out of 200 or something

#9786 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Sorry that's happening. Seems like the opto board is out? Recommend contacting JJP with a service ticket. Usually respond same day or next day and figure it out quickly!

Thanks for the tip. Reached out to JJP, Ken emailed some suggestions and resolved the issue. Loose connections to the trough. Back in business.

#9787 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

My plastic over the captive ball broke. I’ve only owned the game about a week. Is this a common issue? Is there a fix to prevent this from happening again?
Also, do you think my game is okay to play still? Not really sure what that piece of plastic was really doing anyways? You’d think it keeping the captive ball from popping out but the passage way is too narrow for a ball to fit through anyways.
I’ve contacted JJP for a replacement part already. I assume this should be a super easy fix? Take off nut, washer, broker piece, then replace? Silly question, I know, but I’ve assumed other jobs would be easy but they turned out to be much more involved that originally thought.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Common..and no big deal..keep on playing

#9788 2 years ago

I didn’t realize this entire time there are presets for machines to make gameplay easier . Extra easy it is ! Awesome !

#9789 2 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

This is my Wonka set up for sound. It’s worked well for over a year or two. Recently, the sound on the entire machine will intermittently cut out; come back on for a 10-15 seconds then cut out for a 10-15 seconds. It will keep cycling like that. If I unhook the external sub input wires, by disconnecting the alligator clips, the problem goes away (but then of course I don’t have subwoofer sound). In addition, I’m not sure if this is supposed to happen - but when I was unhooking the alligator clips while the game and the amplifier/subwoofer were on, there was enough current in the wire to spark (as I was physically removing the wire from the terminal). So right now, just playing the machine stock, and would like to hook the subwoofer back up and have it work correctly. I have tried several times and it keeps on doing it cycle on and off thing. Any advice would be appreciated!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thought I’d try this help request here as well. Thank you!

#9790 2 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

I don’t know much about pinball subwoofers but if this was a car stereo I would say it sound like you have a week fuse. Maybe on an amplifier?

#9791 2 years ago

I’ve read several times on this board that the opto in the Saucer should be “cleaned” (preferably with alcohol?) thoroughly with a microfiber cloth.

But I don’t recall any posts on how to best actually perform the cleaning. I mean the opto is a tiny board with what appear to be 2 tiny pinholes, which I assume are the optical sensors. Does one just rub a micro cloth dampened by alcohol over these “pinholes”? Is there an actual preferred technique?

#9792 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I don’t know much about pinball subwoofers but if this was a car stereo I would say it sound like you have a week fuse. Maybe on an amplifier?

What exactly is a weak fuse? From my experience, they either work or they dont.

#9793 2 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

So, it sounds like your problem is coming from a subwoofer you wired afterwards..

How do you have the subwoofer wired?

#9794 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I’ve read several times on this board that the opto in the Saucer should be “cleaned” (preferably with alcohol?) thoroughly with a microfiber cloth.
But I don’t recall any posts on how to best actually perform the cleaning. I mean the opto is a tiny board with what appear to be 2 tiny pinholes, which I assume are the optical sensors. Does one just rub a micro cloth dampened by alcohol over these “pinholes”? Is there an actual preferred technique?

Optos are bigger... you must not be looking in the right place.

#9795 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok. Bad/Blown.

#9796 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Partially blown and drawing ohms. Happens on the little 20mm fuses.

#9797 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Partially blown and drawing ohms. Happens on the little 20mm fuses.

Interesting.. Thanks!

#9798 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Optos are bigger... you must not be looking in the right place.

Normally but I think this opto is custom and its sensors are tiny….

#9799 2 years ago

Question for anyone who replaced a broken wonka vision camera, did yours come with the little led light in the statue or did you swap it over? If you swapped it over how did you do it? I would assume it has a connector end to plug in but the hole in the camera seems awfully tiny to fit a connector through it

#9800 2 years ago

Hey guys, my gobstopper hole was making a lot of grinding noises. Once I went through test mode and made it go around in circles a couple time the noise went away. Do you recommend I put some lube down there?
Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/196?hl=chewiec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.