IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 280.
#9702 2 years ago
Quoted from inverted1:

For some reason (thankful for it whatever it is), my LE doesn't seem to do the SDTM from the pops as much as other people report. If it did, I would probably play with the pop bumper settings to try to reduce it. Has anyone tried this?

Haven't had to do anything out of the ordinary to mine either.I guess I'm lucky too because I have very few sdtm's
I keep an eye if it's going into the pop bumper area and ready to bump if needed

#9703 2 years ago

Just really need to make sure the game is absolutely level from side to side I rarely get straight down the middle is from the pop bumpers

#9704 2 years ago

My LE goes through streaks. One day, almost no SDTM. The next, almost every one. That's usually when I put a box of tampons on the glass and walk away for a week, hoping it's less moody the next time.

#9705 2 years ago

I have sometimes ball hangers here. Ball search can’t solve it.

Is there a solution for that ?

1D34D964-9F83-4276-8857-EFC2A1C3BB1C (resized).jpeg1D34D964-9F83-4276-8857-EFC2A1C3BB1C (resized).jpeg64214B4C-0A17-4720-9DCE-2EACE9D73F11 (resized).jpeg64214B4C-0A17-4720-9DCE-2EACE9D73F11 (resized).jpegE4FB6A23-05AA-4140-BD51-70749AEB99D2 (resized).jpegE4FB6A23-05AA-4140-BD51-70749AEB99D2 (resized).jpeg
#9706 2 years ago

NOTE NEW DATE!

We had to move the Sexy Oompa Loompa 10K play stream to next weekend, as we're not there yet on the playcount.

Please join us next Saturday night instead:

WonkaStrim.jpgWonkaStrim.jpg
#9707 2 years ago

What's everyone have their shaker setting at? I thought about moving it to high but the "adjust at own risk" is a little disturbing.....

#9708 2 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

What's everyone have their shaker setting at? I thought about moving it to high but the "adjust at own risk" is a little disturbing.....

Ive got mine on high and like it. Havnt tried "extreme" yet.... afraid it will take off like the wonkavator hahaha

#9709 2 years ago

Will those plastic washer/spacers come with a new Wonka for the leg bolts? If not, where to get the right ones? Assuming all leg bolts are the same size they would fit any machine? I've got some on my Stern star trek and it helps to not scratch the paint on the legs.

#9710 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Will those plastic washer/spacers come with a new Wonka for the leg bolts?

No.

If not, where to get the right ones?

https://www.pinballlife.com/pinguard-nylon-leg-and-bolt-protectors-colored.html

LTG : )

#9712 2 years ago
Quoted from inverted1:

For some reason (thankful for it whatever it is), my LE doesn't seem to do the SDTM from the pops as much as other people report. If it did, I would probably play with the pop bumper settings to try to reduce it. Has anyone tried this?

Mine either..

#9713 2 years ago

Does anyone know if this new run of Wonka NIB will have playfield corrections? e.g. washers around posts to minimize pooling, chipping, etc?

#9714 2 years ago
Quoted from clearstar:

Does anyone know if this new run of Wonka NIB will have playfield corrections? e.g. washers around posts to minimize pooling, chipping, etc?

Just a wild guess but I suspect they are just doing a short run with old inventory to fill the second line. So likely fairly well cured playfields. Few have had major issues with Wonka and its a Great game. Wouldn't worry that much about it personally.

#9715 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just a wild guess but I suspect they are just doing a short run with old inventory to fill the second line. So likely fairly well cured playfields. Few have had major issues with Wonka and its a Great game. Wouldn't worry that much about it personally.

Thanks, makes sense. I'm mainly trying to decide between NIB vs pre-owned.

#9716 2 years ago
Quoted from clearstar:

Thanks, makes sense. I'm mainly trying to decide between NIB vs pre-owned.

Buy pre-owned. The new ones will pool and chip.

#9717 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

You have no way of knowing if this is true or not.

#9718 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You have no way of knowing if this is true or not.

Exactly.

#9719 2 years ago

The guy is asking for advice and you made a definitive – cut and dry – statement.

How about this: If you're trying to weigh between NIB or used, look at pricing but also consider that anything you buy used you can inspect for any flaws or defects. Based on the last few games, you might open a NIB game and find playfield issues... or, you might not. Know way of knowing.

#9720 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The guy is asking for advice and you made a definitive – cut and dry – statement.
How about this: If you're trying to weigh between NIB or used, look at pricing but also consider that anything you buy used you can inspect for any flaws or defects. Based on the last few games, you might open a NIB game and find playfield issues... or, you might not. Know way of knowing.

And you might buy a used game that looks nice and develops issues later.
This is just smalltownguy2 taking yet another opportunity to beat his playfield drum.

#9721 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

And you might buy a used game that looks nice and develops issues later.
This is just smalltownguy2 taking yet another opportunity to beat his playfield drum.

I thought you left.

Yes, playfields for the past 3 years are all at risk. Buyer beware. Do NOT buy NIB.

#9722 2 years ago

I thought you left.
Yes, playfields for the past 3 years are all at risk. Buyer beware. Do NOT buy NIB.

Or do. And don't let it rule your life.

#9723 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Or do. And don't let it rule your life.

You can advocate that buyers risk their money on a defective product, and I can advocate they don't.

JJP is shitting on customers right now, and it's not right. And people like you diminish the issue - that doesn't help either.

#9724 2 years ago

Well, I, for one, am excited to get my NIB Wonka!! I wonder when they'll start shipping. I'm hoping soon...

#9725 2 years ago

I can't wait to get my new in box. If something is wrong to the point it bothers me than I will fix it. I think of it like getting a first scratch on a new car.... That's what makes it mine.

#9726 2 years ago

That is a ridiculous comment to make.

I would bet you 99% of people do not have a problem with this.

#9727 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

That is a ridiculous comment to make.
I would bet you 99% of people do not have a problem with this.

Have you been living under a rock?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern

#9728 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I have sometimes ball hangers here. Ball search can’t solve it.
Is there a solution for that ?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am assuming that this is caused by the plastic pieces being wedged down when you added the red pipe factory mod?

Just a guess because aside from that, I have no clue what would clog those up. And I have tried to put that mod on myself with the plastic and found it impossible.

#9729 2 years ago

Lol, do you assume that some people complaining means everyone is having a problem? I buy Stern and JJP. Never had an issue with my playfields.

Blanket statements like yours really should be checked at the door as they are extremely inaccurate.

#9730 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Lol, do you assume that some people complaining means everyone is having a problem? I buy Stern and JJP. Never had an issue with my playfields.
Blanket statements like yours really should be checked at the door as they are extremely inaccurate.

Because if there's no problem with their play fields, it's a good idea to install washer kits on every game leaving the factory, right?

#9731 2 years ago

Because if there's no problem with their play fields, it's a good idea to install washer kits on every game leaving the factory, right?

Sorry, I dont follow what you are saying.

But the fact is, most people dont have pooling issues.

#9732 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Sorry, I dont follow what you are saying.
But the fact is, most people dont have pooling issues.

The majority of the games do have some pooling issues- most owners just don’t inspect the games cosmetics that closely or care.

#9733 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

The majority of the games do have some pooling issues- most owners just don’t inspect the games cosmetics that closely or care.

Of what "games"... every JJP game?

#9734 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I am assuming that this is caused by the plastic pieces being wedged down when you added the red pipe factory mod?
Just a guess because aside from that, I have no clue what would clog those up. And I have tried to put that mod on myself with the plastic and found it impossible.

The Mezel pipe requires you to remove or mod the plastic but looks cool when done

#9735 2 years ago

I just swaped put the jjp ground loop thingy with this one from Amazon and it sounds a whole lot better.

BESIGN Ground Loop Noise Isolator for Car Audio/Home Stereo System with 3.5mm Audio Cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XQYN77L/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_DK53C9D75R3WA2VVEVC1

#9736 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Powered up machine and got an open coin door error, although it was closed. I opened and closed again and the machine launched a ball. Then saw smoke billowing under PF from trough area! Trough eject coil fried! Any clue as to why this might happen? Kinda scary. Game 7 months old. Will contact JJP support but this group is always helpful on a Friday night!
[quoted image]

Just wanted to provide an update on my prior issue with the trough eject coil smoking. Steve at JJP support was phenomenal. Sent me a new trough eject coil and assembly which is an easy solder job. Also needed a new transistor for the I/O board behind the screen and since I was not comfortable soldering transistors on that board he sent me a fully populated board and asked me to send back the old one. I did the repairs this weekend and happy to report the problem has been fully solved. Steve responded to my email on first business day, parts were with me within 5 days and case closed. Very happy with JJP service!

For what it's worth, and I realize this is only my experience....I have 2 JJP NIBs...WW CE and GNR and both have had pristine playfields. GNR came with the nylon washers installed on almost all posts and a protector on the scoop. Have had WW since Feb and no pooling chipping etc, its just a beautiful playfield.

#9737 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:And you might buy a used game that looks nice and develops issues later.

Correct ! I got my NIB Wonka in March 2021 it has a build date of December 2019. So the clear had more than enough time to cure. Before playing my first ball I swapped the slings out to star posts with washers below them and In September 2021 at 68 plays I had pooling.

#9738 2 years ago

Anyone know the box dimensions of a new Wonka? I need to know if I have to remove both middle seats in my van. I normally have one always removed for more space. I'm picking it up next week. Thanks.

#9739 2 years ago

Anyone know the box dimensions of a new Wonka?

32 X 32 X 56

LTG : )

#9740 2 years ago

Your going to absolutely love this game

Anyone know the box dimensions of a new Wonka? I need to know if I have to remove both middle seats in my van. I normally have one always removed for more space. I'm picking it up next week. Thanks.

#9741 2 years ago

Also, try and remove it from the palette before you load it in your car If you can. That saves some space and weight for sure.

#9742 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Not sure I believe that one...

#9743 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

The Mezel pipe requires you to remove or mod the plastic but looks cool when done

Oh, I didnt realize it was modded in that picture.

How the heck are those balls stacking up like that? Doesnt even make sense.

#9744 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Not sure I believe that one...

Just picked up mine last week. Second owner, HUO and I can see pooling. Not sure about everyone else.

#9745 2 years ago

Can yall post some pictures of the pooling yall ate seeing?

#9746 2 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Just picked up mine last week. Second owner, HUO and I can see pooling. Not sure about everyone else.

What is the build date of your machine?

Im pretty OCD and I have none..

#9747 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:Can yall post some pictures of the pooling yall ate seeing?

20190903_175830 (resized).jpg20190903_175830 (resized).jpg

outlane (resized).jpgoutlane (resized).jpg

post4 (resized).jpgpost4 (resized).jpg

#9748 2 years ago

Whoa this sure started a conversation! I picked up a pre-owned one, working great. Thanks all.

FWIW, I am not opposed to NIB, however price should be considered (as well as the point of being able to inspect it) above all else. In this case, saved over $1K with low plays, so it was a no brainer.

#9749 2 years ago
Quoted from clearstar:

Whoa this sure started a conversation! I picked up a pre-owned one, working great. Thanks all.
FWIW, I am not opposed to NIB, however price should be considered (as well as the point of being able to inspect it) above all else. In this case, saved over $1K with low plays, so it was a no brainer.

Congrats I'm betting you love it. Great game!

#9750 2 years ago
Quoted from clearstar:

Its a dumb statement. All pre-owned machines start as NIB. So with that logic, all machines would have pools and chips...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

There are 13,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/195?hl=cloggeddrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.