42FF28A1-E6C9-4D6D-BB74-7A9A53EBE3B1 (resized).jpeg
2E7CDA2B-EB32-4F67-B93B-190971ECD97F (resized).jpeg
D6F3ED4F-9F03-4534-A338-862BD4FC618C (resized).jpeg
0DB7BC67-3083-4C87-8607-3A756BC6058C (resized).png
8CC7551A-A9B9-47F8-BCA0-10668D5FEA13 (resized).jpeg
A17F4802-C062-4CB1-9144-EAE13D4AB59C (resized).jpeg
WW Trough Issues (resized).jpg
IMG_0481 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png (© https://ohheyheather.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Debbie-Downer-1.gif)
20190903_175830 (resized).jpg
post4 (resized).jpg
outlane (resized).jpg
WonkaStrim.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9819 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 197.
#9551 29 days ago

Updated no issues on my CE to the newest code, was fun messing with scorebit and getting achievements and all. Still learning how to use the app. It seemed like it was giving me the same achievements over and over. Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

#9552 29 days ago

Not surprised they are making more it’s a very good game. JJP’s best game. Could be.

#9553 29 days ago

Same I thought I was getting repeat achievements- also the chime noise was getting annoying. I don’t prefer that sound

Quoted from Gumby510:

Updated no issues on my CE to the newest code, was fun messing with scorebit and getting achievements and all. Still learning how to use the app. It seemed like it was giving me the same achievements over and over. Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

#9554 29 days ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Same I thought I was getting repeat achievements- also the chime noise was getting annoying. I don’t prefer that sound

I agree the sound isn't great. The first time I heard it all I could think of was the fasten your seatbelt" ding on an airplane.

#9555 29 days ago

I need your help , I can’t go online with my Wonka. I tried two different wlan Sticks both found my home network. I enter the password and then activate it. But it’s not able to connect. I am running fullinstall 2.01. my gnr runs in the same room in the same network without any problems. I am really at a loss.

Any ideas ?

#9556 29 days ago

Your home network not allowing it ?

LTG : )

#9557 29 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Your home network not allowing it ?

No, as I wrote gnr running from beginning without problems. Must be something else

#9558 29 days ago

One common issue we see is if network time isn't set right. Go into the menu and check the time and see if it looks accurate, and your time zone is set. If not, set the time zone, set the time to manual, save and exit, and then set it to network time again, and it should sync up.

#9559 29 days ago

I tried it, but didn’t work

It’s curious that the time I have set is not the same that is shown at the bottom right. See picture
6A91576E-A540-4FBD-B336-CF67AD27F2B6 (resized).jpeg

#9560 29 days ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I tried it, but didn’t work
It’s curious that the time I have set is not the same that is shown at the bottom right. See picture
[quoted image]

When you make that and save, go back to this menu again and set back to network time, and see if the lower right syncs up.

#9561 29 days ago
Quoted from jsa:

When you make that and save, go back to this menu again and set back to network time, and see if the lower right syncs up.

I think the time in the upper left is UTC, and the time in the lower right is adjusted for time zone.

#9562 29 days ago
Quoted from jsa:

How should it sync up when I have no connection to the internet ?

#9563 29 days ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

How should it sync up when I have no connection to the internet ?

Oh! Let's start with that. If you go to the menu/utilities menu/network settings, can you show us the error you get?

#9564 28 days ago

Sure

1F7E46BC-2341-439D-B881-C9E8BB6924FF (resized).jpeg919B4567-603C-4470-9445-68A73FBBD0F3 (resized).jpegC8015991-47EC-46B6-83F4-158A0BE2AE66 (resized).jpegD53372F5-AB32-4637-81EC-7E7DE7BB4AEC (resized).jpeg
#9565 28 days ago

now it works, i was in the wrong menu. thanks guys

#9566 28 days ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

now it works, i was in the wrong menu. thanks guys

Not a problem. However I'll just point out in the photos you posted, that was a wifi issue that sometimes is easy to fix (password mismatch, or sometimes incompatible local wifi access point). I've found that the JJP games do a really good job of connecting to wifi though (and we have some experience with Scorbitrons).

#9567 28 days ago

Hey folks, just a reminder:

Using Scorbit is free for JJP games, and always has. There is no monthly fee for using it. That is only when you buy our hardware for other games.

I've been reading some posts around that seems to be confused about that... I just wanted to make sure folks understood this.

#9568 28 days ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Powered up machine and got an open coin door error, although it was closed. I opened and closed again and the machine launched a ball. Then saw smoke billowing under PF from trough area! Trough eject coil fried! Any clue as to why this might happen? Kinda scary. Game 7 months old. Will contact JJP support but this group is always helpful on a Friday night!
[quoted image]

Bumping this because the smoking coil freaked me out guys! While I await JJP support I traced the coil trough VUK fuse and found this. Looks like was just about to blow before I unplugged machine. What do you think? Shouldn't a fuse blow before the coil fries not after? I am just concerned that in the future my kids turn on a machine and walk away to get a snack and this happens again or worse!

20210926_161632 (resized).jpg
#9569 28 days ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Looks like was just about to blow

Looks like. Just how it was made. It's fine.

#9570 28 days ago

I have been unable to get Scorbit to work on my home Wonka. The Wi-Fi is connected fine I can do updates to the code no problem. I have Scorbit enabled in the settings menu. I created an account on the app in my phone created a location added the pinball machine to location but when I try to Activate Scorbit within the app on the Wonka it gives me an error That says “ we couldn’t pair your device with the server“. Also if I scan a QR code like I’m a player my phone gives me a little vibrate but then does nothing else. I know it’s getting the code but it doesn’t put the score on my phone or register me as a player on the game or anything like that.

#9571 28 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Looks like. Just how it was made. It's fine.

That's good to know LTG so very low risk of major damage. There was a quite a bit of smoke quickly so freaked me out!
From what I read guessing a transistor needs to be replaced but look forward to corresponding with JjP support this week. Thanks as always.

#9572 28 days ago
Quoted from Bfults:

I have been unable to get Scorbit to work on my home Wonka. The Wi-Fi is connected fine I can do updates to the code no problem. I have Scorbit enabled in the settings menu. I created an account on the app in my phone created a location added the pinball machine to location but when I try to Activate Scorbit within the app on the Wonka it gives me an error That says “ we couldn’t pair your device with the server“. Also if I scan a QR code like I’m a player my phone gives me a little vibrate but then does nothing else. I know it’s getting the code but it doesn’t put the score on my phone or register me as a player on the game or anything like that.

Hey there. 9 times out of 10 this issue is caused by the Wonka machine not having the right time/date set properly. So first thing I'd like you to look at is if in the network settings/etc on the game, if the time zone is set and the time looks right to you in the lower right of the menu screen.

Assuming that is all correct, please DM me a photo of the QR code that is showed on the Scorbit menu screen and I'll take a look directly.

Also if you want to chat with me real-time as you troubleshoot, you can reach me on the discord server:

https://discord.gg/FEE7KYbQQY

Sometimes it's a little easier to troubleshoot that way!

#9573 28 days ago
Quoted from jsa:

Hey there. 9 times out of 10 this issue is caused by the Wonka machine not having the right time/date set properly. So first thing I'd like you to look at is if in the network settings/etc on the game, if the time zone is set and the time looks right to you in the lower right of the menu screen.
Assuming that is all correct, please DM me a photo of the QR code that is showed on the Scorbit menu screen and I'll take a look directly.
Also if you want to chat with me real-time as you troubleshoot, you can reach me on the discord server:
https://discord.gg/FEE7KYbQQY
Sometimes it's a little easier to troubleshoot that way!

For the record, this turned out to be an easy fix.

You'll find two types of QR codes on a JJP game:

Navigational QR: Visible in attract mode, or at the beginning of Ball 1 until you launch, which navigates your app to the game and claims the available player slot.

Pairing QR: Only visible in the Scorbit menu before you enable Scorbit the first time. Once you've done this, it changes to a Navigational QR.

You can also view/print the navigational QR from the app, and put it on the game or on the lockdown bar, for example, and it makes scanning/claiming player slots pretty slick.

#9574 28 days ago

Super quick support from Scorbit got me fixed up!

#9575 28 days ago
Quoted from Bfults:

Super quick support from Scorbit got me fixed up!

Got that right! Jay responds lightning fast.

#9576 28 days ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Got that right! Jay responds lightning fast.

Well, hey, not always... I prefer the "undersell and over-deliver" method.

#9577 28 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I got one of these : https://www.microcenter.com/product/485912/inland-4-port-usb-31-(gen-1-type-a)-hub---black
Plugged it into the USB cable by the cashbox. Then plugged the WiFi dongle and Bluetooth dongle into it.

Which USB slot do people use? I see 3 and don't want to unplug a wrong one. Or do you all just plug it into the extender by the coin box?

#9578 28 days ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Which USB slot do people use? I see 3 and don't want to unplug a wrong one. Or do you all just plug it into the extender by the coin box?

Extender by the coin box. I think any work though.

#9579 28 days ago

Joined the club!

84AF0D72-DC43-4E5D-BD4E-A906BEFC6051 (resized).jpeg
#9580 28 days ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Joined the club!
[quoted image]

Welcome! It's an amazing game and tons to uncover. Perfect time to have a Wonka with the new code.

#9581 28 days ago

Are these lights?

They don’t do anything on my game during attract mode.

They are pointing at the wonkavator lock. Right next to the pop bumper.

Also my super spinner switch screws aren’t screwed into anything, so are loose. Is there a plate they screw into or do they use small nuts.

Just got this machine but working out some minor things…

555F6E00-24D1-4D33-A753-8494FE3B10CB (resized).jpegA3B44951-6DB3-4C8B-A674-509744826D4F (resized).jpeg

#9582 28 days ago

For the spinner, he’s there should be a little threaded plate on the other side of the switch that they screw into. Check inside the cabinet. It may have fallen in.

Those spotlights should also light up. Do they do anything, ever?

#9583 27 days ago

For the code update... I'm running 1.33 can I got straight to the 2.01 code? Or do I need to do the 1.35 before going to the 2.01? Thanks! Jeff

#9584 27 days ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

For the code update... I'm running 1.33 can I got straight to the 2.01 code? Or do I need to do the 1.35 before going to the 2.01? Thanks! Jeff

Full install required from version 1.33

#9585 27 days ago

I am connected and can see my scores on my phone but how do I collect the achievements ?

#9586 27 days ago

I'm working on fixing these issues. Thanks for the info everyone.

Quoted from Gumby510:

This is a bug that will be fixed in the next release. You're not really getting the same achievement again, the game is just incorrectly showing it again. Your profile's list of achievements on the Scorbit side is still correct.

#9587 27 days ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

For the spinner, he’s there should be a little threaded plate on the other side of the switch that they screw into. Check inside the cabinet. It may have fallen in.
Those spotlights should also light up. Do they do anything, ever?

Lights are for camera spotlight and wonkavator spotlight. Neither works when going into led test menu.

Will have to pop up the playfeild and see if something got disconnected.

#9588 27 days ago

With the 2nd game I got the achievements. I tried to connect my sons phone but wasn’t able to do. Isn’t it possible to play with two accounts on one machine at the same time ?

#9589 27 days ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

With the 2nd game I got the achievements. I tried to connect my sons phone but wasn’t able to do. Isn’t it possible to play with two accounts on one machine at the same time ?

Yes it is. You can have up to 4 players. You do each need to claim your spot on the app. Maybe that's what happened?

#9590 27 days ago

Good to hear was having the same issue.

Any chance you’ll enable ability to mute the sound it makes in the machine when you get an achievement or even better ability to change the sound/tone?

Quoted from dr_light:

I'm working on fixing these issues. Thanks for the info everyone.

This is a bug that will be fixed in the next release. You're not really getting the same achievement again, the game is just incorrectly showing it again. Your profile's list of achievements on the Scorbit side is still correct.

#9591 27 days ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Good to hear was having the same issue.
Any chance you’ll enable ability to mute the sound it makes in the machine when you get an achievement or even better ability to change the sound/tone?

I'll be adding an option to mute the sound, but not change it.

#9592 27 days ago

Thanks to Joe over at PinballSTAR, I'll soon to be joining the club and I cannot wait!

#9593 27 days ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Yes it is, as long as your son is registered and has his own account on Scorbit with the app.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to switch back and forth easily by logging out and in, so he will need access to another running app.

One important note: If you create a venue that is set to PRIVATE, you will need to go to My Venues > [Venue Name] and add to the PLAYERS section all the users you wish to be able to post scores/claim slots on the game you're playing.

We are working on an override to this permissions so that if you use QR codes it just "works," or within a certain distance of the venue. This is so people's venues do not show up on everyone's app when browsing unless desired.

#9594 27 days ago

Is it normal for the game.to make some.loud crackling noices from the speaker upon start up?

#9595 27 days ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Is it normal for the game.to make some.loud crackling noices from the speaker upon start up?

Just a "pop" of the amp turning on.

#9596 27 days ago
Quoted from jsa:

If you create a venue that is set to PRIVATE, you will need to go to My Venues > [Venue Name] and add to the PLAYERS section all the users you wish to be able to post scores/claim slots on the game you're playing.
We are working on an override to this permissions so that if you use QR codes it just "works," or within a certain distance of the venue. This is so people's venues do not show up on everyone's app when browsing unless desired.

Ok then I think that’s the reason , will test later. Must both players scan the QR code at the beginning of a new game ?

#9597 27 days ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Ok then I think that’s the reason , will test later. Must both players scan the QR code at the beginning of a new game ?

No, in fact, for a multiplayer game, I suggest both of you open the app, hit the big S on the bottom, click on your venue, click on the machine (Wonka), and then when it says "Waiting to Start..." go ahead and start the game for two player. You'll see two "Player 1... Player 2" slots there.

One of you taps player 1, it becomes that player, the other taps player 2.

Then when the game is over, you can save to leaderboard if you like.

Scanning the QR will automatically do everything I just said, but your mileage may vary depending on the OS (Android/iOS). It should work from inside the app (QR scanner in upper right of the app) or outside the app (generally your camera application).

Let me know how it goes!

#9598 27 days ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Lights are for camera spotlight and wonkavator spotlight. Neither works when going into led test menu.
Will have to pop up the playfeild and see if something got disconnected.

Pulled up the playfield… all lights are plugged in no connection issues.

Camera led runs on the same board as the 2 led spots in question.

Moved camera led to wonkavator spot on board - camera led stayed lit.

Moved camera led to the camera spot - camera led stays lit.

From this can I conclude the led spots are bad?

Camera led worked in all 3 board positions, spot LEDs didn’t work in any position.

Order replacements from JJP?

#9599 26 days ago

wonka code 2 02 is out now.. very fast and easy...

#9600 26 days ago

My sons iPhone7 can’t find the machine. Any idea. With my iPhone 11 it isn’t a problem. But I like to add him

There are 9819 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 197.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside