IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 279.
#9501 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Yes, it'll be available today if it isn't already.

Quoted from big-c66:

Are they going to produce more willi wonka I seen a place that is a real dealer and it says contact for deposit n they just updated their page

Keith, any info to offer on the other quote above?

#9502 2 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Perhaps a stupid question, but did you follow these install instructions? https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/ Also, what size is your USB stick? I can't remember exactly, but I thought I tried a really large one and had issues, so I bought a smaller one.
What version are you on now? And what error message are you getting?

Hey. Yup, used USB that had previously used to update all my JJP games. Tried both installs.

6C3411B4-D2CB-4C27-8B09-2437ECCF0A16 (resized).jpeg6C3411B4-D2CB-4C27-8B09-2437ECCF0A16 (resized).jpeg
#9503 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Does this require a firmware update to the game?

It is an online update to the game code, yes. It's strongly recommended that you be on fairly recent code prior to doing online updates, such as 2.0. The traditional method of USB also works.

To update my Wonka took about 45 seconds.

#9504 2 years ago

Trying again now.. and code update via Internet assays 2.01 now

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9505 2 years ago

My CE was on 1.34 before trying to update it.

I did try and update a while ago when 2.0 first came out but it didn’t work then either..

Hopefully 2.01 will go through..

#9506 2 years ago

Bummer no update on the Beta side?

BD61D288-49AF-432D-9E3F-0B5711ED9FDF (resized).jpegBD61D288-49AF-432D-9E3F-0B5711ED9FDF (resized).jpeg
#9508 2 years ago

Hi Keefer
Update failed again.

Can you help me?

#9509 2 years ago

This. Is what I have on my USB.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

How do you get into the Menu to select Beta code? I remember doing it a while back but can’t find it now. Maybe my settings are wrong in that?

#9510 2 years ago

Is the only change for 2.01 code the Scorbit stuff? If so, I dont need to bother updating but was curious if anything else was added?

#9511 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Is the only change for 2.01 code the Scorbit stuff? If so, I dont need to bother updating but was curious if anything else was added?

From the changelog:
=== Game Code
+ added achievements
+ added displaying of player's Scorbit name in UI
+ added auto-fill of player's Scorbit name/initials in initials entry
* updated fizzy lifting room difficulty
+ added adjustment for intensity of the video effect for Wonkatania Mania

=== Core Code
+ initial achievement support with Scorbit
* various bug fixes and improvements

#9512 2 years ago

Beta 7 installed with no issues. Played a Scorbit game but didn't unlock anything yet. Granted, it wasn't my best game. I'm glad to see Achievements added to pinball in this fashion. If done correctly they can add some interesting goals that you might otherwise skip in pursuit of a "best" score-based strategy.

#9513 2 years ago

Beta installed without issue. I'm going to attempt to stream my first few games around 9PM eastern. I just started messing with the stream, open to suggestions on improving it. Don't expect any monster scores, ha!

https://www.twitch.tv/shredso

#9514 2 years ago

I like the new scorbit additions. Especially the machine using the scorbit ID to pre-populate your high score name.

#9515 2 years ago
Quoted from JDHHoover:

I like the new scorbit additions. Especially the machine using the scorbit ID to pre-populate your high score name.

Note that this uses the "Display Name" field to populate. We use DEREK and SUSAN for scores in our house, so I changed the display name from ZAPHX to DEREK.

#9516 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Note that this uses the "Display Name" field to populate. We use DEREK and SUSAN for scores in our house, so I changed the display name from ZAPHX to DEREK.

Yeah, I think as a general rule, people should know we use the Scorbit Profile display name as the preference for these things. If that's blank, we go to initials. If that's blank, username.

#9517 2 years ago

Just installed the new update and downloaded scorbit. It's awesome.

#9518 2 years ago

Figured out what was wrong with the download- USB issue when formatting.

Played a few games on it. Was definitely easier. And the WonkaTania Mania screen.. Wow!

Felt a little sick afterwards tho. .

#9519 2 years ago

jsa Couple things I don't understand after the update in regards to scorebit -

1 - The machine now auto populates your initials, which is great. First, I got "Inventing room champ" and it populated NIG (my username for scorebit is NightTrain). I'm assuming it was taking the first three letter for top scores and what not (even though I have my initials set in scorebit to JRM). But then when I got just a regular high score, it populated my initials as JRM. What's the deal here? Why wouldn't it just pull my initials set in scorebit?

2 - Why doesn't the game take pictures anymore after entering a high score? The initials auto populate and no picture is taken. Do I need to change a setting?

A couple of other things I noticed last night after the update.

pinball_keefer - My game crashed and rebooted on me when I was playing "Store room". I have never had a crash since I updated to this latest version (2.01?)

I also think I may have a bad trough switch or something going on. The game kept kicking two balls and even tried three into the shooter lane. Also, after a plunge to start a ball, I had gobstopper multiball start on it's own. The game also kept killing the flippers when I still had two balls in play. Guessing I have some trough switches registering that all balls are in the trough. I never had this issue until this last update though. Strange.

#9520 2 years ago

jsa - How do I add a new machine to my "venue"? When I go to add the machine, my venue doesn't show up when I search for it. It's set to public. What am I missing here?

Also, I like these achievements, but where do I go in the app to see all of them for a certain machine, and which ones I'm missing, so I can go after them? Can I click on a Willy Wonka somewhere and then check out all of the achievements and which ones I have vs which ones I'm missing?

#9521 2 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

From the changelog:
=== Game Code
+ added achievements
+ added displaying of player's Scorbit name in UI
+ added auto-fill of player's Scorbit name/initials in initials entry
* updated fizzy lifting room difficulty
+ added adjustment for intensity of the video effect for Wonkatania Mania
=== Core Code
+ initial achievement support with Scorbit
* various bug fixes and improvements

Oh, so there are other changes aside from Scorbit stuff... I guess ill have to update then.

Thanks.

#9522 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

jsa Couple things I don't understand after the update in regards to scorebit -
1 - The machine now auto populates your initials, which is great. First, I got "Inventing room champ" and it populated NIG (my username for scorebit is NightTrain). I'm assuming it was taking the first three letter for top scores and what not (even though I have my initials set in scorebit to JRM). But then when I got just a regular high score, it populated my initials as JRM. What's the deal here? Why wouldn't it just pull my initials set in scorebit?

We're "Scorbit" by the way, but we're not picky. Until we get this fixed, you can call us SCO...LOL.

I'll be honest, I am not entirely sure the initials field is used by JJP! I will find out today and we can fix this. Sorry about that!

Quoted from NightTrain:

2 - Why doesn't the game take pictures anymore after entering a high score? The initials auto populate and no picture is taken. Do I need to change a setting?

That sounds like a bug as well. I'll bring it to JJP!

#9523 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I'll be honest, I am not entirely sure the initials field is used by JJP! I will find out today and we can fix this. Sorry about that!

I would assume it has to be used. It's just odd that for one thing, it used the first three letters of my name. For the other, it used my initials.

#9524 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

jsa - How do I add a new machine to my "venue"? When I go to add the machine, my venue doesn't show up when I search for it. It's set to public. What am I missing here?

Hey NightTrain no worries. Here is the deal with venues:

If you go to the account menu (upper right) and select "My Venues," it should appear as a list of venues you own (i.e. "NightTrain’s Lair"). If you press the name, it should take you into that venue, and let you select machines (or add them) and people that are allowed to access your venue.

You can also go to My Machines, which just is a raw list of all the machines you have added to Scorbit (note that you don't need to have Scorbit installed to do that, you can post scores manually as well). We are considering removing the My Machines option because it's confusing...It's mostly there for operators and fleet management because of the active/inactive and alert settings.

Quoted from NightTrain:

Also, I like these achievements, but where do I go in the app to see all of them for a certain machine, and which ones I'm missing, so I can go after them? Can I click on a Willy Wonka somewhere and then check out all of the achievements and which ones I have vs which ones I'm missing?

If you go to your PROFILE (which is in the upper right menu, PROFILE), you'll see three feeds: Scores, Achievements, and Challenges.

If you click on Achievements, you see the most recent first in that order.

If you click on the "STATS" button near your avatar, it takes you to a different screen. There are two tabs here: Stats (like your vitals, IFPA ranking, etc) and on the right is Machines.

Click on machine, choose which machine you care about at the moment, and then it gives you the Achievements and Scores for that machine.

We have users with hundreds of machines of scores, so we put that search in front of it so you have to choose a machine first. We aren't entirely satisfied with that UI but we're working on it.

Let me know if this answers your questions, and if you have ideas!

#9525 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I would assume it has to be used. It's just odd that for one thing, it used the first three letters of my name. For the other, it used my initials.

I confirmed, it's not being used, and so we'll add it. It will take a little time but we'll get it into the next release. Sorry about that!

#9526 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

If you go to the account menu (upper right) and select "My Venues," it should appear as a list of venues you own (i.e. "NightTrain’s Lair"). If you press the name, it should take you into that venue, and let you select machines (or add them) and people that are allowed to access your venue.

This worked. Thank you.

Quoted from jsa:

If you click on the "STATS" button near your avatar, it takes you to a different screen. There are two tabs here: Stats (like your vitals, IFPA ranking, etc) and on the right is Machines.

Click on machine, choose which machine you care about at the moment, and then it gives you the Achievements and Scores for that machine.

Got it. I see now. Is there a way to see the achievements that haven't been earned yet? Video games usually show you those but also have a few secret ones. It's kinda cool that way to know what you're going for, but also some secret ones that need to be figured out.

Quoted from jsa:

I confirmed, it's not being used, and so we'll add it. It will take a little time but we'll get it into the next release. Sorry about that!

Perfect.

Also let me know what you find out on the pictures not being taken.

Thank you

#9527 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Is there a way to see the achievements that haven't been earned yet? Video games usually show you those but also have a few secret ones. It's kinda cool that way to know what you're going for, but also some secret ones that need to be figured out.

That is absolutely coming in a near-term release. The way to think of Scorbit is there are different contexts:

-Playing context, which is the center tab (big S) which is all about finding machines and playing them.

-Player/social context, which is all about other users you follow. That's the lower right tab, and profiles. Another way to think about it is seeing Scorbit through the lens of users.

-Machine context, which is finding machines, checking out tips for playing them, seeing what the main leaderboards say, and achievements you can earn.

We have 2 out of 3 finished, as we've been focused on the first two. The lower left tab (the pinball machine) is meant to be the machine context, and you'll have that soon.

Meanwhile you can certainly find machines and click on the Leaderboard (three lines/list icon) on any machine screen and browse the leaderboards for that machine, including top scores.

Stay tuned on that.

Quoted from NightTrain:

Also let me know what you find out on the pictures not being taken.

I've reported the bug to JJP. They will take it from here on that one.

#9528 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Are they going to produce more willi wonka I seen a place that is a real dealer and it says contact for deposit n they just updated their page

Is this the for sale ad by classic game rooms? If you click on that link it says "Games begin shipping October 2020" so it's probably not true. If you go to their website, it says they have some LEs in stock, which is also suspect. If you contact them, let us know what they say because I would be interested as well. A year or so ago I had contacted them regarding another game that they had listed as available only to be told otherwise. YMMV.

#9529 2 years ago

Does anyone else wish that when you get to Oompa Loompa Odyssey it would randomly play one of the Oompa Loompa songs from the movie?

#9530 2 years ago

YES.

Quoted from chewiec:

Does anyone else wish that when you get to Oompa Loompa Odyssey it would randomly play one of the Oompa Loompa songs from the movie?

#9531 2 years ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Would love to see more assets added.

#9532 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

pinball_keefer - My game crashed and rebooted on me when I was playing "Store room". I have never had a crash since I updated to this latest version (2.01?)

If you want to email us a log dump, we'll take a look at it. Haven't heard of any crashes in beta. You can email it to [email protected]

Quoted from NightTrain:

I also think I may have a bad trough switch or something going on. The game kept kicking two balls and even tried three into the shooter lane. Also, after a plunge to start a ball, I had gobstopper multiball start on it's own. The game also kept killing the flippers when I still had two balls in play. Guessing I have some trough switches registering that all balls are in the trough. I never had this issue until this last update though. Strange.

Check both the trough and the gobstopper trough. Maybe hit the playfield and see if anything is going off. Also, the latest version should now let you hit + in switch test to run the shaker to help with that.

Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Update failed again.

Can you help me?

Support should be able to help you. The USB drive certainly looks OK at a glance.

Beta opt in is under diag->full->utilities->network settings->advanced settings.

#9533 2 years ago

Interesting… 11k LEs now

F9BD4F83-4CAC-419A-B978-254297D24CD7 (resized).pngF9BD4F83-4CAC-419A-B978-254297D24CD7 (resized).png

#9534 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Interesting… 11k LEs now
[quoted image]

And here I am selling mine for what I paid for it. Craziness!!

#9535 2 years ago

I want you guys to understand how happy I am they did this. I did not get into pinball until this year and I was so sad that I could not find a new in box Willy Wonka. My distributor called me as soon as he got his hands on a few of these. I wasn’t happy about the increase in price but I was stoked that Jersey Jack decided to make another small run.

#9536 2 years ago

Hopefully the Mirco playfields didn't some how get even worse...

#9537 2 years ago

Just put a deposit down. I could stop at any time. I swear I can. This will be the last. I mean it this time. I can stop at any time.

#9538 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Hopefully the Mirco playfields didn't some how get even worse...

I have heard a lot about the chipping. Does anyone have any links to where I can be preemptive and keep it from chipping?

#9539 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I have heard a lot about the chipping. Does anyone have any links to where I can be preemptive and keep it from chipping?

Try any of the dozen JJP playfield threads….

#9540 2 years ago

What was the original MSRP of Wonka LE?

#9541 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What was the original MSRP of Wonka LE?

9500 was list as I recall. 9300 if you “knew a guy”. Hope all is well for you Sean!

#9542 2 years ago

wow ULE’s UNLIMITED EDITIONS!!!
i wont buy i wont support a company that has playfield chipping issues and blames their customers. someone make a F U JJP thread

#9543 2 years ago

Can't be more than 5K made though right? I'm assuming they still had a few more to make?

#9544 2 years ago

Powered up machine and got an open coin door error, although it was closed. I opened and closed again and the machine launched a ball. Then saw smoke billowing under PF from trough area! Trough eject coil fried! Any clue as to why this might happen? Kinda scary. Game 7 months old. Will contact JJP support but this group is always helpful on a Friday night!

20210924_173429 (resized).jpg20210924_173429 (resized).jpg

#9545 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

9500 was list as I recall. 9300 if you “knew a guy”. Hope all is well for you Sean!

I’m doing pretty good Dave thanks for asking, I’m making progress on getting the seizures under control and my last brain MRI showed no tumor progression.. LOL i guess that’s not saying much considering I have an MRI every eight weeks, but I will take any win I can get!

#9546 2 years ago

Kinda surprised by the new run of Wonkas, but very glad more people can enjoy this game. If you passed on it initially it's worth another look with the 2.0 code.

#9547 2 years ago

Just put a deposit down. And the wait begins....

#9548 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

wow ULE’s UNLIMITED EDITIONS!!!
i wont buy i wont support a company that has playfield chipping issues and blames their customers. someone make a F U JJP thread

Quoted from insight75:

Can't be more than 5K made though right? I'm assuming they still had a few more to make?

Correct ..they didn't make all 5k le .they maybe made 1500( if they were lucky)so they are not making a unlimited le.. still a lot less made than they cld have....and only making a small run of 250 or so. From what I gather most distros altotmant is allready gone from this new run.. can't say I'm surprised...its a great game

#9549 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Just put a deposit down. And the wait begins....

Don't think it will b real long.. few months at most..

#9550 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

And here I am selling mine for what I paid for it. Craziness!!

You are not crazy! Not crazy at all

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/191?hl=cloggeddrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.