IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 280.
#9451 2 years ago

Put up a 33 million point game last night with 3 golden tickets. The game gets quite a bit harder when you are tying to complete everything a second time. Man this game is fun!

#9452 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Try cleaning it first as it gets dirty and can cause issues.

You are the man BigD! Cleaning fixed the issue. Normally on a Williams or Bally game that’s what I would think of first but for some reason I was thinking that sensor was some kind of an Eddie or magnetic sensor, so cleaning it never came to mind. I feel like a dummy, but I’m glad the game is functional! Thanks again!

#9453 2 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

You are the man BigD! Cleaning fixed the issue. Normally on a Williams or Bally game that’s what I would think of first but for some reason I was thinking that sensor was some kind of an Eddie or magnetic sensor, so cleaning it never came to mind. I feel like a dummy, but I’m glad the game is functional! Thanks again!

Awesome..glad your back in action... it's such a great game... hope all is well with u

#9454 2 years ago

Can someone pls post a pic of the Lermods Wonkavator installed? The orientation of the screw holes seems off to me. I must not be positioning it correctly. Thanks!

#9455 2 years ago

Just installed mine on a standard looks great - do you have standard or LE/CE?

Quoted from marioparty34:

Can someone pls post a pic of the Lermods Wonkavator installed? The orientation of the screw holes seems off to me. I must not be positioning it correctly. Thanks!

#9456 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Just installed mine on a standard looks great - do you have standard or LE/CE?

I have an LE/CE. The recommended location of mod placement makes the Wonkavator lean quite a bit. I was hoping to be able to attach it in a more upright position. Thanks for responding.

Any LE/CE owners willing to share an up close pic of it installed?

#9457 2 years ago

That is why I asked I have a standard so picture wont help ya. Good luck

I have an LE/CE. The recommended location of mod placement makes the Wonkavator lean quite a bit. I was hoping to be able to attach it in a more upright position. Thanks for responding.
Any LE/CE willing to share an up close pic of it installed?

#9458 2 years ago

I show how I installed it on my LE in the mod videos I did last year.

#9459 2 years ago

This was on my LE a while back! I now have the CE and have to repurchase the Wonkavator.

The reason I think the Wonkavator is made for the SE, to be put in the center with a screw, on the LE & CE this doesn’t work! I think if they made the tab that comes out if the Wonkavator a little longer for the LE & CE it will work with that screw! LerMods emailed me and told me to install on the right side of the ramp lower screw. I felt that when I did install it was on a downward angle and looked out of place! I ended up using heavy 2 way tape and taped it to the center of the ramp right in front of the Wonkavator lock. Great stuff from LerMods and I recommend this to all Wonka owners!

The pic is how it looks installed on the center screw! It was too close to the Wonkavator Mech. It was actually hitting it! LerMods recommends to install on the screw in red circle but when I did it looked like it was facing down as the same slope of the ramp!

Again this is from my LE I had sold, the placement on the LE/CE should be the same. Definitely looking forward to buying this mod again, great stuff

11725D82-6CED-44BC-A203-4423AFFC99D4 (resized).jpeg11725D82-6CED-44BC-A203-4423AFFC99D4 (resized).jpeg34B5125C-FBF2-4597-BCE1-40EDD98D943E (resized).jpeg34B5125C-FBF2-4597-BCE1-40EDD98D943E (resized).jpeg920C08EC-02F1-4AAB-84D9-F99EE8B8408B (resized).jpeg920C08EC-02F1-4AAB-84D9-F99EE8B8408B (resized).jpeg
#9460 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

I show how I installed it on my LE in the mod videos I did last year.

That's a very nice video. So the problem I am running into is this. On my Wonkavator, I have two screw tabs. I can't find an area where there are 2 screws that I can use.

My second issue is that if I just use one of them (like in your video) the slope of the ramp makes my Wonkavator very tilted. And for my OCD, I can't handle it.

Any thoughts on either of my issues? I keep thinking I am missing something really basic.

241813765_238463088127478_7210116695340623315_n (resized).jpg241813765_238463088127478_7210116695340623315_n (resized).jpg241845052_192266429670061_4142192702268986537_n (resized).jpg241845052_192266429670061_4142192702268986537_n (resized).jpg
#9461 2 years ago

That's a very nice video. So the problem I am running into is this. On my Wonkavator, I have two screw tabs. I can't find an area where there are 2 screws that I can use.
My second issue is that if I just use one of them (like in your video) the slope of the ramp makes my Wonkavator very tilted. And for my OCD, I can't handle it.
Any thoughts on either of my issues? I keep thinking I am missing something really basic.[quoted image][quoted image]

Definitely belongs in the middle, I had the same problem on my LE as mentioned in the above post

#9462 2 years ago

Not sure which I have but it fits perfectly and lines up with one on the plastic and it lights up
20210914_002844 (resized).jpg20210914_002844 (resized).jpg

#9463 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not sure which I have but it fits perfectly and lines up with one on the plastic and it lights up
[quoted image]

That looks nice. Can you post a close up of how it screws in?

#9464 2 years ago

That looks nice. Can you post a close up of how it screws in?

A small bracket on the back20210914_004906 (resized).jpg20210914_004906 (resized).jpg

#9465 2 years ago

Any thoughts on either of my issues? I keep thinking I am missing something really basic.[quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting. You must have a newer version with the two screw holes. I used a machine screw with a washer/nut underneath to secure it more tightly. That, along with using some 3M mounting tape underneath made mine very sturdy and I don't have any noticeable tilting to speak of that's been mentioned.

While I think it looks nice in the center on the SE models, there's no way I'd personally go about putting it there on my LE as it would block more of the Wonkavator ball lock than I care for. But to each their own - it's all personal preference.

#9466 2 years ago

I definitely would not mount it like that, that tab will potentially break off hanging like that. I’d use the other tab, or are you saying if you use the other tab over that screw, it points down? You can place it over any playfield screw, or even use doubled-side mounting tape (3m) on the bottom and place it over a plastic. We added that second tab on the right side specifically to fit the LE. Please let me know if I can be of further help.

#9467 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I definitely would not mount it like that, that tab will potentially break off hanging like that. I’d use the other tab, or are you saying if you use the other tab over that screw, it points down? You can place it over any playfield screw, or even use doubled-side mounting tape (3m) on the bottom and place it over a plastic. We added that second tab on the right side specifically to fit the LE. Please let me know if I can be of further help.

The mod itself is great. Just trying to figure out how best to mount it. The double tabs threw me off. And using the screw on either tabs, makes the wonkavator kind of "wonky" and not plumb.

If I use the other tab over the same screw, the "door" to the wonkavator no longer points towards the front of the pin (the player) and I can see the light/wires inside the wonkavator. I think I am going to just use some double sided mounting tape to adhere it to the plastic and not use any of the screws. May look a little weird having 2 tabs that are not being used but it would solve my issues of not seeing the wires inside and it would be plumb.

Perhaps the LE/CE version should not have any screw tabs and just mounting tape....just my humble opinion. The mod looks fantastic though!

#9468 2 years ago

I have mine mounted on my CE like your second picture

#9469 2 years ago

Joined the club today. Notice that the game is really dark with lights off. Did someone already adds spotlights or something and can share pictures ?
Thanks

#9470 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Joined the club today. Notice that the game is really dark with lights off. Did someone already adds spotlights or something and can share pictures ?
Thanks

Any of the LED spots burned out?

#9471 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Any of the LED spots burned out?

Not sure, what spots do you mean ?

#9472 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Not sure, what spots do you mean ?

White LEDs. There's one near the Wonka tower, one that shines on the gobstopper, etc. See page C-92 in the wonka manual.

#9473 2 years ago

So, I have to admit. I went ahead after all this time and added the cheater post to the lower position to give a try... That has made this game sooooo much more enjoyable. I dont feel like im getting screwed over by bad drains anymore on that left side.

Granted, even with the new code I still cannot beat my original score of 10 million haha.

#9474 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

White LEDs. There's one near the Wonka tower, one that shines on the gobstopper, etc. See page C-92 in the wonka manual.</blockq

White LEDs. There's one near the Wonka tower, one that shines on the gobstopper, etc. See page C-92 in the wonka manual.

Ok found them, really not noticeable . But the back of the machine and the middle of the Mainplayfield are really dark compared to my other machines.

#9475 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Ok found them, really not noticeable . But the back of the machine and the middle of the Mainplayfield are really dark compared to my other machines.

Ok. I wanted to make sure the GI was working first - since it appears to be, if you still want more light I guess it's time for pinstadiums.

#9476 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I bought these and plugged them right into an empty USB port in the head. Put two under the head in the back to light up the back of the playfield. Did wonders. Then I put the other two to the left and right of the actual camera to light up the mushroom on the backglass. Really nice. Also, if you want to go full psychedelic mode, you can make them change color to sound. FYI, the IR remote works through the backglass.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QWZVQC1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

#9477 2 years ago

Any SE or LE owners in the MD/DC area thinking about selling/trading their Wonka? Shoot me a PM.

#9478 2 years ago

Has anyone's Secret Machine mechanism stopped resetting back to closed position since updating to 2.0?

My game was 100% then I did the code update (Full Install from ISO using Unetbootin) to 2.0 and now the mechanism will not properly reset. It seems to work in test though.

I may revert to 1.38 to see if it goes back to functional. Just curious if anyone else was experiencing this.

Additionally I am hearing a mechanism like the ball lock trigger periodically now in attract mode which was not happening prior to code update.

#9479 2 years ago

Same phenomenon with my WillyWonka But happened already with gamecode 1.38. I do have the impression that this happenes now much more often after the update.

During Gameplay sometimes a ball is locked now without entering the gobstobber hole...this never happened before. I adjusted and checked the sensors in the gobstobber subway but no improvement. I am going to reinstall a previous SW to verify if there is an impact.

#9480 2 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Has anyone's Secret Machine mechanism stopped resetting back to closed position since updating to 2.0?
My game was 100% then I did the code update (Full Install from ISO using Unetbootin) to 2.0 and now the mechanism will not properly reset. It seems to work in test though.
I may revert to 1.38 to see if it goes back to functional. Just curious if anyone else was experiencing this.
Additionally I am hearing a mechanism like the ball lock trigger periodically now in attract mode which was not happening prior to code update.

I just wiped out and reinstalled 2.0.

This time I did not restore previous settings and I did not install WiFi or configure Scorebit.

The mechanism seems to be behaving properly now but only played for a few minutes. I’ll keep testing after adding WiFi. Then test after re-enabling scorebit and see if anything goes haywire.

#9481 2 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I just wiped out and reinstalled 2.0.
This time I did not restore previous settings and I did not install WiFi or configure Scorebit.
The mechanism seems to be behaving properly now but only played for a few minutes. I’ll keep testing after adding WiFi. Then test after re-enabling scorebit and see if anything goes haywire.

I really believe you have a hardware issue in play here. I've been running 2.0 for months and months and have never seen this behavior.

I take it back, I did see that behavior early on in the ownership of this machine, on the original code. The set screw for the Gobstopper was loose. I tightned that up, added a tiny amount of lithium grease to the black plastic gear, and it never failed again.

#9482 2 years ago

Strategy question - for some reason, coming out of the pops seems worse than it use to for SDTM. So I stay away from them. Is there a safe shot from the upper left flipper when the lock is not lit? I used to always rip that spinner (such a satisfying shot), but now that my pops seem to hate me (maybe even with help from magnets), I’m not making that shot anymore without the wonkevator lock lit up. So I’m shooting the GUM targets a lot more, but that’s also giving away control of the ball. Any tips or strategy to retain ball control from the center ramp diverter drop? Maybe just let it roll down that left upper flipper to an inlane?

#9483 2 years ago

I have to brag on my wife...

Susan just got 28.4M on Wonka, GC’d the machine, FOUR golden tickets! Most Secret Machine mode!

Our best progress to date on the game after ~9200 plays (and ~5000 on the Wonka SE that preceded it.)

We're going to do a very special stream for the 10000th play.

#9484 2 years ago
Quoted from dergroover:

Same phenomenon with my WillyWonka But happened already with gamecode 1.38. I do have the impression that this happenes now much more often after the update.
During Gameplay sometimes a ball is locked now without entering the gobstobber hole...this never happened before. I adjusted and checked the sensors in the gobstobber subway but no improvement. I am going to reinstall a previous SW to verify if there is an impact.

In my case it was a bad install. After having done a new full install of V2.0 with usb all problems are gone.

#9485 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I really believe you have a hardware issue in play here. I've been running 2.0 for months and months and have never seen this behavior.
I take it back, I did see that behavior early on in the ownership of this machine, on the original code. The set screw for the Gobstopper was loose. I tightned that up, added a tiny amount of lithium grease to the black plastic gear, and it never failed again.

So after wiping out to factory after a second full install of 2.0 and not restoring previous settings or adding scorebit my game is 100%. No hardware adjustments needed.

I am going to reconfigure scorebit and report back.

#9486 2 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

So after wiping out to factory after a second full install of 2.0 and not restoring previous settings or adding scorebit my game is 100%. No hardware adjustments needed.
I am going to reconfigure scorebit and report back.

Follow up after 5 more games logged in to ScoreBit.

Everything is fine.

I will assume that restoring my settings from a much older version of the code caused the issue I was experiencing during play.

Wonka LE #53 is now playing perfectly again.

#9487 2 years ago

Might someone know the height with the head folded down?
Trying to figure out if it will fit in a Honda Pilot.
Thanks!

#9488 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Strategy question - for some reason, coming out of the pops seems worse than it use to for SDTM. So I stay away from them. Is there a safe shot from the upper left flipper when the lock is not lit? I used to always rip that spinner (such a satisfying shot), but now that my pops seem to hate me (maybe even with help from magnets), I’m not making that shot anymore without the wonkevator lock lit up. So I’m shooting the GUM targets a lot more, but that’s also giving away control of the ball. Any tips or strategy to retain ball control from the center ramp diverter drop? Maybe just let it roll down that left upper flipper to an inlane?

SDTM from the pops seems to go in streaks for me, sometimes it feels like I go a long time without it happening, then I'll have 2 or 3 of them in a game (and of course when Super Spinner is on all bets are off haha) . That being said, when Super Lock isn't lit I like to try to take the spinner shot just a fraction of a second late such that it hits some combination of the upper flipper and the end of the guidelane, which usually gets me some spins and occasionally goes into the TV, or the ball goes partially around the loop without making it to the pops and comes back via the Mike Teavee lane. It's definitely not as satisfying as ripping the spinner cleanly, but a lot less likely to take you out.

#9489 2 years ago

I installed mine last week -- very happy with it. The tilt feels more to me like a feature than a bug (i.e. it's part of the nuttiness.) Nifty mod that comes on (lights, spinning) in coordination with the Super Lock led via a light sensor attached to an arduino.

20210921_081740 (resized).jpg20210921_081740 (resized).jpg20210921_081802 (resized).jpg20210921_081802 (resized).jpg
#9490 2 years ago

I agree with the tilt it makes it look Wonky!

#9491 2 years ago

Hey All
Not installed 2.0 yet, how does it play?

I’m thinking of selling my CE to make room
For Godzilla..

But I’m not sure..

#9492 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hey All
Not installed 2.0 yet, how does it play?
I’m thinking of selling my CE to make room
For Godzilla..
But I’m not sure..

Install 2.0 before you make this decision. It dramatically improves balance and gameplay.

#9493 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Install 2.0 before you make this decision. It dramatically improves balance and gameplay.

I had my CE for sale and pulled it back after replaying Wonka (after not playing for a bit) and then 2.0 changed everything!

#9494 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yep must agree. Do try v2. I still think it's too easy to get playfield x though, on default.

#9495 2 years ago

Are they going to produce more willi wonka I seen a place that is a real dealer and it says contact for deposit n they just updated their page

#9496 2 years ago

Scorbit just released Achievements with JJP, Starting with Wonka!

Video:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/6#post-6513731

#9497 2 years ago

Hi All
I have tried to update to 2.0 but machine fails to verify download

Tried Delta and full update

Tried via Internet and USB fails within seconds

Any suggestions?

Thanks

#9498 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi All
I have tried to update to 2.0 but machine fails to verify download
Tried Delta and full update
Tried via Internet and USB fails within seconds
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Perhaps a stupid question, but did you follow these install instructions? https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/ Also, what size is your USB stick? I can't remember exactly, but I thought I tried a really large one and had issues, so I bought a smaller one.

What version are you on now? And what error message are you getting?

#9499 2 years ago

Does this require a firmware update to the game?

Quoted from jsa:

Scorbit just released Achievements with JJP, Starting with Wonka!
Video:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/6#post-6513731

#9500 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Does this require a firmware update to the game?

Yes, it'll be available today if it isn't already.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/190?hl=paulbaptise and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.