F0F8A037-DE37-4422-A2FB-0A0996DE161A (resized).jpeg
BC6CACB5-FF1A-428B-A09A-39F38825A8DE (resized).jpeg
13659D3F-8136-45E7-BD2E-3D92CCB844CF (resized).jpeg
5B2B6BA9-0ED7-4567-A4EE-D90C4C30D074 (resized).jpeg
A18AB83A-3D44-460A-8C65-306C84815643 (resized).jpeg
24AC04F1-EDE9-492F-9E15-BE2DE1638ECB (resized).jpeg
B42390BD-3142-498C-94FB-53957CFF3641 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,493 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 210.
#9401 4 months ago

I haven't checked the level in awhile, but it was releasing just fine until recent code update.

rrosenhouse - what setting did you adjust your wonkavator coil hold to?

#9402 4 months ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

I haven't checked the level in awhile, but it was releasing just fine until recent code update.
rrosenhouse - what setting did you adjust your wonkavator coil hold to?

Get a paper clip - does it stick to the balls? If so, magnetized.
I am increasingly suspecting this as the case now that I know you're running chromed balls.

#9403 4 months ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

My Wonkavator is not releasing the balls properly. This has been a new and recurring theme since 2.0 code was updated. Is anyone else having this issue or may it just be coincidence and something else is the culprit??
https://photos.app.goo.gl/pC1raqRKCHWqtyeu6

Assuming balls aren't magnetized and the coil release acting that way doesn't seem to correlate to a magnetized ball issue. It literally looks like the coil is firing and closing almost immediately.

My method of troubleshooting this would be as follows. First I'm checking to see if the new code didn't reset a strength related to the specific problem. In this case it's Wonkavator ball eject coil strength and it is adjustable.
Manual b-40.
Settings>Coil Settings>Lockups/Kickers/Ejects> Elevator coil release time. 210 ms is the default. Make sure it didn't go whacky during code update. This happened to my theater magnet on my dialed in once when I updated a code. literally set it to the highest setting possible and it never held a ball. So it is possible.

If it doesn't fix it.

I'm doing a single ball test. Manual page b-4. Glass off one ball at a time. Follow the test and see if it functions.

That doesn't fix it I'm reloading the old code back in the game to make sure it isn't some strange bug with the update.

I'll stop there awaiting your next post update.

Maybe I'd change balls in the off chance but my brain doesn't see how that would make that coil plunger react that way. Anything is possible I guess. Easy enough once you have the glass off for the b-4 test so no reason not to try it as an additional measure. But if it doesn't operate in the single ball test my guess is that eliminates the magnetized theory.
Keep us in the loop.

r/
Mike

#9404 4 months ago

Just tested the balls with a paper clip and it doesn't stick, so I think the magnetization is out the window. I'll have to dive deeper into this tomorrow and run more tests as kids just hit the hay and I have to shut her down for the night. Thanks for the help guys. I'll keep you posted.

#9405 4 months ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

My Wonkavator is not releasing the balls properly. This has been a new and recurring theme since 2.0 code was updated. Is anyone else having this issue or may it just be coincidence and something else is the culprit??
https://photos.app.goo.gl/pC1raqRKCHWqtyeu6

Maybe try removing the chocolate river mod. Even if it’s not in the way maybe you could see something from that side.

#9406 4 months ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Assuming balls aren't magnetized and the coil release acting that way doesn't seem to correlate to a magnetized ball issue. It literally looks like the coil is firing and closing almost immediately.
My method of troubleshooting this would be as follows. First I'm checking to see if the new code didn't reset a strength related to the specific problem. In this case it's Wonkavator ball eject coil strength and it is adjustable.
Manual b-40.
Settings>Coil Settings>Lockups/Kickers/Ejects> Elevator coil release time. 210 ms is the default. Make sure it didn't go whacky during code update. This happened to my theater magnet on my dialed in once when I updated a code. literally set it to the highest setting possible and it never held a ball. So it is possible.
If it doesn't fix it.
I'm doing a single ball test. Manual page b-4. Glass off one ball at a time. Follow the test and see if it functions.
That doesn't fix it I'm reloading the old code back in the game to make sure it isn't some strange bug with the update.
I'll stop there awaiting your next post update.
Maybe I'd change balls in the off chance but my brain doesn't see how that would make that coil plunger react that way. Anything is possible I guess. Easy enough once you have the glass off for the b-4 test so no reason not to try it as an additional measure. But if it doesn't operate in the single ball test my guess is that eliminates the magnetized theory.
Keep us in the loop.
r/
Mike

I had the same issue and the coil was set to the max after the update. I lowered it to 210 and the issue was resolved. Thank you!

#9407 4 months ago

Could use some guidance. My WW isn’t powering up. Checked the AC connection to the wall and the back of the pin - no issues there.

I was out of town last week so one of my kids likely got us to this point (and failed to tell me).

Any suggestions on Where I should look first?

Thanks in advance.

#9408 4 months ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Could use some guidance. My WW isn’t powering up. Checked the AC connection to the wall and the back of the pin - no issues there.
I was out of town last week so one of my kids likely got us to this point (and failed to tell me).
Any suggestions on Where I should look first?
Thanks in advance.

#9409 4 months ago

Thanks Pinballomatic ! That did the trick - powered back up and running fine. Who would of thought a paper clip would be the solution to jump starting my WW!

#9410 4 months ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Thanks Pinballomatic ! That did the trick - powered back up and running fine. Who would of thought a paper clip would be the solution to jump starting my WW!

If you haven’t already- I’d recommend watching the other video’s Butch Peel did for JJP. All are equally great and informative.

#9411 4 months ago

Hey guys, so I think I got the Elevator Lock Release fixed. I reset the lock release time to factory default of 210 milliseconds. Ran the single ball test and it still struggled a bit, so I removed the chocolate falls mod and jammed my finger in there to manually see if anything was restricting the movement of release coil. In doing so I felt the elevator move (where the balls are locked). This was more on a level plane than being slighted tilted toward the release area. Removed a few screws, repositioned the elevator lock area, retightened screws. Ran several more tests and seemed to work just fine. Played a couple of games to test further and everything is back to normal. I'm wondering if the shaker motor over time is caused the elevator lock area to loosen and code update threw off the lock release setting as well. Appreciate the help and support!

#9412 4 months ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Hey guys, so I think I got the Elevator Lock Release fixed. I reset the lock release time to factory default of 210 milliseconds. Ran the single ball test and it still struggled a bit, so I removed the chocolate falls mod and jammed my finger in there to manually see if anything was restricting the movement of release coil. In doing so I felt the elevator move (where the balls are locked). This was more on a level plane than being slighted tilted toward the release area. Removed a few screws, repositioned the elevator lock area, retightened screws. Ran several more tests and seemed to work just fine. Played a couple of games to test further and everything is back to normal. I'm wondering if the shaker motor over time is caused the elevator lock area to loosen and code update threw off the lock release setting as well. Appreciate the help and support!

Great news!

#9413 4 months ago

I have a new Wonka CE with about 400 plays, the family absolutely loves it and plays it everyday! Is there any preventative measures we should take as far as playfield pooling and other important things to do before we keep on playing? I didn’t see any sticky threads on this! So I figured it’s best to ask the forum

#9414 4 months ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I have a new Wonka CE with about 400 plays, the family absolutely loves it and plays it everyday! Is there any preventative measures we should take as far as playfield pooling and other important things to do before we keep on playing? I didn’t see any sticky threads on this! So I figured it’s best to ask the forum

Just play it. Wonka CE playfields were pretty good.

#9415 4 months ago

I just noticed on my CE that the playfield is now pooling out beyond my rubber washers on the slings and outlane posts. The playfield had shown zero signs of pooling until a couple weeks ago - seemingly confirming some theories out there that pooling can form over time.

The iron method didn't work as the clear/artwork is no longer sticking down either. I'm torn between using a hard washer vs a soft washer. It seems the further away you can get the washer from the post the better at this point, though even my wide washers are starting to pool around them at the inlanes.

#9416 4 months ago
4090A72E-8659-4E2C-AB27-71AF2A44523C (resized).jpegAAFC547F-DFFF-4722-83F0-1FD1C534D95C (resized).jpegF1B9EB73-F389-4CF6-9D16-B140A7409513 (resized).jpeg
#9417 4 months ago
Quoted from Vitty:

The playfield had shown zero signs of pooling until a couple weeks ago - seemingly confirming some theories out there that pooling can form over time.

That's rough. How long have you owned your game?

#9418 4 months ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

That's rough. How long have you owned your game?

This game is 9 months old from unboxing new. These were not there at unboxing and I took preventative measures to put the rubber and metal washers under the various posts. These developed recently within the last several weeks. I check for them often as I am pretty anal about condition of my games.

It is definitely unfortunate - that said, it does not detract from my enjoyment of the game. It's wonderful!

#9419 4 months ago
Quoted from Vitty:

This game is 9 months old from unboxing new. These were not there at unboxing and I took preventative measures to put the rubber and metal washers under the various posts. These developed recently within the last several weeks. I check for them often as I am pretty anal about condition of my games.
It is definitely unfortunate - that said, it does not detract from my enjoyment of the game. It's wonderful!

Ach. It's strange that it happened in so many areas of the playfield at roughly the same time. There have been a lot of people who have tried to get to the reason behind this, I'm sure... Just throwing ideas out there, I wondered if you'd recently changed the game's location or the temperature/environment it's kept at before the pooling started.

And I totally agree it's a great game! I can't get enough of it.

#9420 4 months ago

Interesting I had similar pooling but not the white ish looking areas under the pooling like you so I was able to iron it out and I ended up putting a wider petg washer on my slings. No issues for months. Those cloudy areas are different. Probably just slap some of the cliffy carbon washers on and be done

#9421 4 months ago
Quoted from Vitty:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for posting this! I got my game NIB in March 2021 before I played my first game I removed the posts replaced with star posts with soft rubber washers below - looked at my game today and one of the Posts started to pool. I removed the soft rubber for slightly larger hard clear washers.

#9422 4 months ago
Quoted from Vitty:

When I checked my game yesterday I noticed that the one post that had a little bit of pooling was not as tight as the other posts. I’m thinking it got a little loose over time and the play in the post moving back and forth caused the pooling. I had a silicone washer under a star post and replaced the silicone washer with a slightly larger acrylic washer which covered the pooling. I’m thinking that if the post and washer moving is causing the pooling maybe adhesive between the washer and playfield to keep the washer from moving would further prevent pooling. Even if the post is moving a little it’s moving on top of the waster and the part in contact with the playfield is stationary.

#9423 4 months ago

any CE owner install the wonka choc fountain topper? I just bought one to replace the CE topper but I forgot there is a LED strip on the tower bracket for the CE. Do you think it's OK for that wonka topper to sit on top of the LED strip? Website says it works for any version but only the CE has that LED strip. I was worried the heat from the LED strip could begin to melt the topper plastic?

#9424 4 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

any CE owner install the wonka choc fountain topper? I just bought one to replace the CE topper but I forgot there is a LED strip on the tower bracket for the CE. Do you think it's OK for that wonka topper to sit on top of the LED strip? Website says it works for any version but only the CE has that LED strip. I was worried the heat from the LED strip could begin to melt the topper plastic?

Haven’t tried but considering it. The CE topper is crap in my opinion. Highly doubt the LEDs would create much of any heat to be an issue. Love yo see a final pic.

#9425 4 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Haven’t tried but considering it. The CE topper is crap in my opinion. Highly doubt the LEDs would create much of any heat to be an issue. Love yo see a final pic.

Yeah I agree. I’ll keep it Bc it’s part of the CE package but jjp nailed it with that topper. Super high quality.

I guess I can buy another topper bracket and replace the CE one. Anyone know if they sell those separately?

#9426 4 months ago

Is everyone else getting over 50% SDTM out of the pop bumpers ? Is there an adjustment to combat this?

#9427 4 months ago

You can see my fix on posts 7187 and 7196. Not a fool proof fix but helped a lot....

#9428 4 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Is everyone else getting over 50% SDTM out of the pop bumpers ? Is there an adjustment to combat this?

Part of the charm of Wonka I'm afraid Exiting the left orbit is a real danger, gotta be ready to slap the machine on the way out.

It still bites me a lot.

#9429 4 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Part of the charm of Wonka I'm afraid Exiting the left orbit is a real danger, gotta be ready to slap the machine on the way out.
It still bites me a lot.

Thanks Zaphx! If it’s part of the design and not something out of adjustment then the solution is for me to play better.

#9430 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe this will help.
LTG : )

I will print this out and see if this helps me out.

My wife did finally use her PC and dowloaded the code 2.0 and USB software as noted on JJP's website. The install I think worked????? Lots of errors originally listed while the code was installing. Game comes up now as 2.0 code install but states some errors that go by very quickly on start up. Could this be a difference between machines, CE, LE, SE?? I have an LE. BUT, the games seems to operate correctly to include the Wonkavator. Wife played a few games on it and liked the improved scoring and light show.

Anyone else have error codes during install yet were able to play the game? Should I try to follow the install for my old Mac and try the install again??

Need to maybe take a picture of the error codes because I couldn't read them initially without my reading glasses, and they disappeared before I could get them.

#9431 4 months ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Game comes up now as 2.0 code install but states some errors that go by very quickly on start up.

I'm sure that's fine. Mine does the same thing with lots of messages during start-up. If it says 2.0 in the bottom-right of the screen during test mode, and the game plays without issues, then I think you're good to go.

#9432 4 months ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

I'm sure that's fine. Mine does the same thing with lots of messages during start-up. If it says 2.0 in the bottom-right of the screen during test mode, and the game plays without issues, then I think you're good to go.

The errors have been there for the last few updates. I believe they are USB boot related since the WiFi support was added.

#9433 4 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have heard that it is super bright, like beyond bright and you can't tone it down. That's why I didn't buy them when they did a fire sale on them awhile back (probably a mistake in hindsight, given how topper insanity took hold after the lockdowns).

#9434 4 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Absolutely maddening when this happens and yes, happens at least 50% of the time for me too. Probably the only bad thing about the game IMO.

Also, noticing more magnet-play with the 2.0 code, maybe my imagination but I am having my fair share of balls heading towards a flipper and take a 45-90 degree turn SDTM. Still love the pin but man it can be frustrating.

I feel better now, thank you all for listening.

#9435 4 months ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I have heard that it is super bright, like beyond bright and you can't tone it down. That's why I didn't buy them when they did a fire sale on them awhile back (probably a mistake in hindsight, given how topper insanity took hold after the lockdowns).

so I'm a dummy and totally missed the fact this topper has its own new topper handle. This bad boy will go up soon and I will take pics to show how it looks on the CE.

For those that haven't seen this in person yet, it's basically a brick. Made really well and looks great. Light is bright but it's not an issue.

#9436 4 months ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Absolutely maddening when this happens and yes, happens at least 50% of the time for me too. Probably the only bad thing about the game IMO.
Also, noticing more magnet-play with the 2.0 code, maybe my imagination but I am having my fair share of balls heading towards a flipper and take a 45-90 degree turn SDTM. Still love the pin but man it can be frustrating.
I feel better now, thank you all for listening.

Pop bumpers on other Lawler games are dangerous too. Just have to try to strategically stay away from them if the ball save is off. Every time you go in there it changes briefly from a game of skill to a game of luck!

#9437 4 months ago

Picking up a Wonka standard tonight. I hope it’s a good choice for myself and my 2 year old son!

#9438 4 months ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

Picking up a Wonka standard tonight. I hope it’s a good choice for myself and my 2 year old son!

Betting they love it. Maybe a bit young to play but the animations are happy and fun so they will love watching dad play. Congrats

#9439 4 months ago

Is there a setting to increase the timer for “instant info”? I don’t want to turn it off, just want to be able to cradle the ball longer before the display shows me my overall progress.

Sometimes I just want to pause and see what modes and computer awards I have queued up. Without going right to the info screen.

I know I can cradle the ball and then rapidly flip the other flipper button to cycle thru the “instant info” screen. Just wondered if there was a way to delay it popping up.

#9440 4 months ago

This is a shout out to Ken at the JJ help line who helped me fix my Wonkavator diverter. I described the problem and he said that it sounded like a loose pawl. 5 minutes later, the problem that has plagued my machine for a month or more was cured. I couldn’t be happier with his advice and guidance.

#9441 4 months ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I can't think of a better game for a family. My daughter is 4, but mostly will watch for a bit. Doesn't like playing, her reflexes aren't there. She loves the picture taking feature on wonka.

#9442 4 months ago

I am officially in the club! Haven’t had a chance to play it much yet, but seems like a great game. The only negative I can see with it is that the middle of the play field is too dark. What is the best way to add light to the playfield? Spotlights off the slings?

D6A91E1F-3FAE-4C50-9F5E-A31FD99287AB (resized).jpeg
#9443 4 months ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I am officially in the club! Haven’t had a chance to play it much yet, but seems like a great game. The only negative I can see with it is that the middle of the play field is too dark. What is the best way to add light to the playfield? Spotlights off the slings?
[quoted image]

I put in a shaker moter and a color changing led strip up on backboard to light up the left and center playfield.

#9444 4 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I put in a shaker moter and a color changing led strip up on backboard to light up the left and center playfield.

I’m more concerned about the area between the flippers. I think it’s pretty dark.

#9445 4 months ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I’m more concerned about the area between the flippers. I think it’s pretty dark.

Add a simple Cometpinball LED strip to the center trough for $3. Works great

#9446 4 months ago

This game need stadium lighting imho,I make them for about 25.00 for my games but of corse there are more expensive options!

#9447 4 months ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

[quoted image]

This game is amazing and even more amazing with Pinstadium Neos. I used to have some knockoff stadium lights and then put the real deal on Wonka. They're expensive yeah, but this whole damn hobby is ridiculosly priced. You won't reget the Neos. They add another level of dimension to this underrated pin. Might be Lawlor's greatest of all-time in my opinion and I absolutley love TZ.

#9448 4 months ago

Bummer! Got my game set up and it wouldn’t start a game (searching for balls). Went into the switch matrix and 5 switches showed as bad. After a lot of troubleshooting, I discovered that if I disconnect the little circuit board to the saucer under the Wonka Vision, the switch errors go away and the game starts and plays fine. Anyone else had a problem with one of these sensor boards?

A095301A-0C78-45AB-AD2E-7EF8E439C4E8 (resized).jpeg
#9449 4 months ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

Bummer! Got my game set up and it wouldn’t start a game (searching for balls). Went into the switch matrix and 5 switches showed as bad. After a lot of troubleshooting, I discovered that if I disconnect the little circuit board to the saucer under the Wonka Vision, the switch errors go away and the game starts and plays fine. Anyone else had a problem with one of these sensor boards?
[quoted image]

Try cleaning it first as it gets dirty and can cause issues.

#9450 4 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Try cleaning it first as it gets dirty and can cause issues.

Will do, thanks!

There are 10,493 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside