IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 280.
#9301 2 years ago

There is a Willie Wonka LE on location with Deadpool pro, downtown Manhattan NYC at Rt 66 BBQ. I suggest the pizza next door if you do go. I'll post when the new code gets installed.

#9302 2 years ago

What's the consensus on 2.0? Everyone like it? How long does the update take to install?

#9303 2 years ago

Many improvements! Point increases for various modes/multi-balls and other goodies.

I’ve noticed the added/different lighting effects, video effects and added video clips from the movie as well as call outs and sound effects.

I’m enjoying it!
My delta update took about 1minute.

#9304 2 years ago

Little help …?

Super Lock is lit and the ball is NOT getting diverted to the Wonkavator? Any ideas? I tested the diverter and it worked in test mode ….

#9305 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Just curious what’s the best strength setting for the flipper coils ? Leave it stock or bump them up ?

If they feel a little weak to you id say bump them both up by one and play a game. Some people go up 2, but it does increase the chance of airballs.

#9306 2 years ago

I have a WWLE that is still having problems capturing the balls in the Wonkavator. I have run the device test and everything works as it should except that the diverter gate only swings open a quarter of an inch or so, allowing the balls to shoot by or clunk against it. There does not appear to be a physical obstruction and I can nudge the gate fully open with a probe. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Thanks for your help.

#9307 2 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Little help …?
Super Lock is lit and the ball is NOT getting diverted to the Wonkavator? Any ideas? I tested the diverter and it worked in test mode ….

Occasionally it’ll take a few seconds for it to activate. Be patient, I’ve never seen it take more than a moment or a ramp/other shot to have it ready.

Quoted from Nameim:

I have a WWLE that is still having problems capturing the balls in the Wonkavator. I have run the device test and everything works as it should except that the diverter gate only swings open a quarter of an inch or so, allowing the balls to shoot by or clunk against it. There does not appear to be a physical obstruction and I can nudge the gate fully open with a probe. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Thanks for your help.

Check your diverter(sounds like it’s working but not opening fully) the mech is similar to any flipper mech, check for binding or anything keeping it from fully opening.

#9308 2 years ago

Can you still work the spinner for Wonka bars, after hitting the upper left filler shot?

#9309 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Can you still work the spinner for Wonka bars, after hitting the upper left filler shot?

If you turn that feature on. It's not on by default, but you DO get a brief super spinner hit when you start Kid MB.

#9310 2 years ago

Yes I have looked for obstructions but there does not seem to be one. It does seem to be binding on something but nothing obvious. The coil is firing normally and fully.

Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Check your diverter(sounds like it’s working but not opening fully) the mech is similar to any flipper mech, check for binding or anything keeping it from fully opening.

#9311 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I was able to sink 30 balls in most secret machine and my gob stopper switch functioned perfectly with the 3D print you sent me! Collected 4 golden tickets and didn’t even make it to pure imagination this time. So quite a bit more is attainable.
But I feel like extra balls launched when I didn’t earn a multi-ball so I’m trying to figure out why. If that’s the case my score was defiantly aided by the multi balls.

I had this happening, trough optos needed solder flowed a bit.

#9312 2 years ago

I just updated to 2.0 code. I’m restoring my scores now and it’s been sitting on this screen for 25min. Is it restore supposed to take this long?

C4AA5242-252D-4467-9E83-C13E4A1A9833 (resized).jpegC4AA5242-252D-4467-9E83-C13E4A1A9833 (resized).jpeg
#9313 2 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

Is it restore supposed to take this long?

Did you press start ?

LTG : )

#9314 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you press start ?
LTG : )

Haha yep.
I received a PM from a user saying it took them around 75min for the settings to be restored. So I'm leaving it the way it is and hope it works.

#9315 2 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

Haha yep.
I received a PM from a user saying it took them around 75min for the settings to be restored. So I'm leaving it the way it is and hope it works.

Did you press Enter or the start button on the front of the cab? I pressed Enter the first time!

#9316 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Honestly the strategies remain mostly the same. Some of the penalties (like losing your collected kids if you drain, kid super blocking other kid jackpots etc) have been adjusted out.
Even so, I've been thinking about redoing the tutorial for 2.0...also correct the audio glitches, try and watch my cursing so it's kid-friendly, etc.

Great to see zaphX back!

Would love to understand the best way to play "collect bonus". What's the strategy to get most points? Thanks in advance.

#9317 2 years ago

Yeah agree would be interest in this strategy as well. The only thing i remember from zaphX was to hold the collect bonus until later in your gameplay

Quoted from Jamwin:

Great to see zaphX back!
Would love to understand the best way to play "collect bonus". What's the strategy to get most points? Thanks in advance.

#9318 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Great to see zaphX back!

Get a lot of wonka bars and hit the gobstopper for bonus multiplier. Then collect bonus = Wonka bars x 250k x bonus multiplier.

#9319 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

The best way to do this:

- Don't collect bonus unless you have 200 bars or more
- Don't collect bonus until a superX is also available on the saucer shot
- Don't collect bonus until you've banged the gobstopper to increase BonusX

When executed optimally you can have multiple million points off this single shot. Imagine 300+ bars with 5X super AND 8X bonus multipliers!

How to avoid collecting it? When you see it qualified and you're not ready, hit the captive ball to toggle a different orange saucer option.

#9320 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The best way to do this:
When executed optimally you can have multiple million points off this single shot. Imagine 300+ bars with 5X super AND 8X bonus multipliers!
How to avoid collecting it? When you see it qualified and you're not ready, hit the captive ball to toggle a different orange saucer option.

Awesome, thanks man!

#9321 2 years ago

So, this might be a dumb question. But is the new code of 2.0 (which changes A LOT from what ive read on here), now considered the "official" code?

#9322 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

So, this might be a dumb question. But is the new code of 2.0 (which changes A LOT from what ive read on here), now considered the "official" code?

Yes

#9323 2 years ago

Great! Time to upgrade tonight! Excited to see what all the hype is about.

#9324 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Did you press Enter or the start button on the front of the cab? I pressed Enter the first time!

Motherfucker. I didn't hit the "Start" button. Instead I hit the 'Enter' button. I'm a complete moron and feel terrible.
The update took 2 seconds after hitting 'Start'
/Facepalm LOL

#9325 2 years ago

So in 2.0 how do you rack up wonka bars?
Besides the standard three…
Hitting ramps
The first spinner shot after starting kid multiball
Super spinner

#9326 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The best way to do this:

Do you find it harder to collect over 200 bars in the new 2.0 ? Seems harder to do now

#9327 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Do you find it harder to collect over 200 bars in the new 2.0 ? Seems harder to do now

Yep! Balance. Some things buffed, some things nerfed.

#9328 2 years ago

Can someone help me better understand the Wonka bar ransom mode...

Once you reach 200 bars I believe you begin it by hitting the gobstopper- which locks in a certain value..

Is that initial amount buildable?

After you hit the gobstopper how do you cash it in?

I always seem to drain during this mode and the ransom amount is so much bigger than I began with but those points seem lost.

#9329 2 years ago

Is there a way to adjust the spinner? For some reason mine doesn’t rip like it should! I noticed from my previous Wonka and from videos that this thing rips. My CE only rips slowly! Any suggestions

#9330 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Is there a way to adjust the spinner? For some reason mine doesn’t rip like it should! I noticed from my previous Wonka and from videos that this thing rips. My CE only rips slowly! Any suggestions

Give it a little lube. I use this.... it will then RIP

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9331 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Alright! I just broke 100,000,000 on Wonka at the scoring starts over at 0 and the scoreboard has a broken glass effect. When you launch the ball the player 1 above the score is replaced by a 100M graphic I didn’t capture a pic of.
Sadly this score may not be legit. I feel like random balls might have been launching when I didn’t earn a multi ball. I went in to switch test and banged around and nothing lit up. Is there a better way to check ?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I am now on Beta 6 (= 2.0), and briefly was on Beta 5 and noticed that for both versions random multiballs seem to get inserted. I am running the default settings through except slightly stronger coil strength for a couple of coils. I thought it might have been a hiccup or even my imagination (no pun intended here) but now I have Beta 6 and have spent a little time playing it, the machine just keeps launching "free" extra balls for no apparent reason, or at least I haven't seen a pattern. When it happens I shut off the machine because I don't want a cheater high score. Sometimes 10 minutes will go by with nothing, and other times almost at the beginning of the game suddenly an extra ball will appear, with no reference or audio/video cues to indicate why. Seems like this has happened to a couple of folks ... could this be the code update and is intentional, a bug, OR possibly some bad switch or something else hardware related? Aside from the mysterious extra ball situation, I LOVE the code updates, lots of polish and game is TOTALLY awesomely fun.

#9332 2 years ago

Downloaded and played 2.0 last night.....wow. Played for an hour straight and it was midnight before I knew it. Really enjoyed all the new content, especially the video assets, callouts, and the flow with the additional modes just made things so much better. Damn - wonka 2.0 is significantly different than release. I keep on hearing how stranger things code is so much better and really helps that game. I drank the kool aid and played it recently - to me, same ol game which isn't bad but wasn't a big deal to me.

This update? Now this is a real deal update. Good job jjp. Now let's change that end of ball high pitch chime (counting your points) and we're golden. With my CE, the terrible call outs from grandpa are downplayed b/c of the additional girl (VS) call outs so that addresses my other big complaint.

#9333 2 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Give it a little lube. I use this.... it will then RIP[quoted image]

There’s something definitely not working right, I uploaded a video of the spinner action and I think there’s some kind of resistance especially against the leaf switch. It stops mid-stream

#9334 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Downloaded and played 2.0 last night.....wow. Played for an hour straight and it was midnight before I knew it. Really enjoyed all the new content, especially the video assets, callouts, and the flow with the additional modes just made things so much better. Damn - wonka 2.0 is significantly different than release. I keep on hearing how stranger things code is so much better and really helps that game. I drank the kool aid and played it recently - to me, same ol game which isn't bad but wasn't a big deal to me.
This update? Now this is a real deal update. Good job jjp. Now let's change that end of ball high pitch chime (counting your points) and we're golden. With my CE, the terrible call outs from grandpa are downplayed b/c of the additional girl (VS) call outs so that addresses my other big complaint.

I'm really glad you like it Delt. I know you've had some ups and downs with this game but I think it's really well done, and the 2.0 overhaul makes it less frustrating and more fun while still retaining the same general rules.

Try Kandy Code 102307!

#9335 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

There’s something definitely not working right, I uploaded a video of the spinner action and I think there’s some kind of resistance especially against the leaf switch. It stops mid-stream

Just need to ajust the metal switch arm so it's not as tight when down . If u loosen the 2 switch screws the entire switch can ajust which will change the metal arm height

#9336 2 years ago

Funny, I finally got to play the 2.0.. And realized I must really really suck compared to you all lol. I dont really find any differences in the game code aside from some of the animations. My scoring, which I thought would skyrocket, did not at all. Out of like 20 or 30 games, only got to 3mm once.

I do like the wonkatania screen blur and I think that Super Ball Lock 2 animation is different as well. Thats all I really noticed as different myself.

But man, like i said, I think I just am horrible at this game lol. And obviously im completely unaware of the changes hahahah

#9337 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Funny, I finally got to play the 2.0.. And realized I must really really suck compared to you all lol. I dont really find any differences in the game code aside from some of the animations. My scoring, which I thought would skyrocket, did not at all. Out of like 20 or 30 games, only got to 3mm once.
I do like the wonkatania screen blur and I think that Super Ball Lock 2 animation is different as well. Thats all I really noticed as different myself.
But man, like i said, I think I just am horrible at this game lol. And obviously im completely unaware of the changes hahahah

Steve Ritchie @JJP says Play Better!!

#9338 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Steve Ritchie @JJP says Play Better!!

LOL

#9339 2 years ago

Upon further review, Mr. McGehee had answered the question about the random balls being launched: solution being to reflow the tough optic board (apparently just a coincidence it started happening with code update). Unfortunate that this seems to be a manufacturing defect, but at least it is fixable and a known issue. I haven't had to reflow solder since I fixed my old PS3 in the oven (spouse was quite puzzled at what the hell I was doing, but it worked).

#9340 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Upon further review, Mr. McGehee had answered the question about the random balls being launched: solution being to reflow the tough optic board (apparently just a coincidence it started happening with code update). Unfortunate that this seems to be a manufacturing defect, but at least it is fixable and a known issue. I haven't had to reflow solder since I fixed my old PS3 in the oven (spouse was quite puzzled at what the hell I was doing, but it worked).

Both boards or just one side ?

#9341 2 years ago

I had an issue with the ball never going up
to the super lock. It was always like this and I thought perhaps I was missing the shot. Turned out it was a faulty switch. My mate told me to remove switch and force isopropyl into it which I did and it now works. In hindsight I should have contacted JJP for a new switch as the machine not that old..Brilliant game but it’s no breeze.

Think I’ve managed two golden tickets a handful of times and three only once!

#9342 2 years ago

Well had a good game on it tonight. Just posted my highest score. Only one golden ticket. But oh what it could have been. I had a candy man multiball going with extra ball lite and last super lock lit too. Both balls drained down the middle

A1129632-3A3E-4382-AD92-5B798DA08A9E (resized).jpegA1129632-3A3E-4382-AD92-5B798DA08A9E (resized).jpeg
#9343 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

I just reflowed the solder to my opto’s as well mine barely had any visible solder looking thru a magnifying loupe.

#9344 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I just reflowed the solder to my opto’s as well mine barely had any visible solder looking thru a magnifying loupe.

Sounds good, keep us posted if that fixed the issue for you. Before attempting the reflow on my machine (which I would rather not do), I opened a JJP support ticket and they have been very responsive and are going through a series of tests with me. So far the trough opto switches seemed to test ok, although I'm wondering if the switches work "most" of the time but as soon as they lose contact maybe that is when an extra ball is triggered (if so that makes sense that the reflow would fix it - or just a new trough opto board).

#9345 2 years ago

Where is the best place to get a really good rule set? Trying to figure out how to get Golden Tickets...

#9346 2 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Where is the best place to get a really good rule set? Trying to figure out how to get Golden Tickets...

It's a little bit dated after 2.0 but the basic rules for tickets remain.

#9347 2 years ago

I think the 2.0 software is super !!!
And Slugworth Multiball is also a lot better !!!
Great job !!

#9348 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Sounds good, keep us posted if that fixed the issue for you. Before attempting the reflow on my machine (which I would rather not do), I opened a JJP support ticket and they have been very responsive and are going through a series of tests with me. So far the trough opto switches seemed to test ok, although I'm wondering if the switches work "most" of the time but as soon as they lose contact maybe that is when an extra ball is triggered (if so that makes sense that the reflow would fix it - or just a new trough opto board).

Final resolution: JJP confirmed that the random balls are indeed due to a bad "trough jam opto" and needs to be reflowed or replaced (they are backordered but will send one to me at no charge except for shipping). Good support from JJP, plus it confirms everything that the Pinsiders have stated about this issue and how to fix it. Carry on!

#9349 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Final resolution: JJP confirmed that the random balls are indeed due to a bad "trough jam opto" and needs to be reflowed or replaced (they are backordered but will send one to me at no charge except for shipping). Good support from JJP, plus it confirms everything that the Pinsiders have stated about this issue and how to fix it. Carry on!

Reflow didn’t solve my issue. I contacted JJP support this morning.

#9350 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Reflow didn’t solve my issue. I contacted JJP support this morning.

Shoot man, I am sorry to hear that. So I could get back up and running quickly, I decided to take a shot at the reflow (per JJP instructions I didn't even need to remove the board), and so far that seems to have solved the issue for me (no random balls in about 5 long games). They should be able to take care of you though, although they did warn me that the trough opto boards are backordered (hence why I decided to take a shot at the reflow). I did add a little solder as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

There are 13,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/187 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.