42FF28A1-E6C9-4D6D-BB74-7A9A53EBE3B1 (resized).jpeg
2E7CDA2B-EB32-4F67-B93B-190971ECD97F (resized).jpeg
D6F3ED4F-9F03-4534-A338-862BD4FC618C (resized).jpeg
0DB7BC67-3083-4C87-8607-3A756BC6058C (resized).png
8CC7551A-A9B9-47F8-BCA0-10668D5FEA13 (resized).jpeg
A17F4802-C062-4CB1-9144-EAE13D4AB59C (resized).jpeg
WW Trough Issues (resized).jpg
IMG_0481 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png (© https://ohheyheather.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Debbie-Downer-1.gif)
20190903_175830 (resized).jpg
post4 (resized).jpg
outlane (resized).jpg
WonkaStrim.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9816 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 197.
#9201 75 days ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Got a verified download. Powered off machine and powered on, but still ran 1.38.. suggestions?

Did you manually power it off or did the machine do it on its own?

#9202 75 days ago

I just updated my LE to 1.38 and it said it was successful. Told me to remove the USB stick and restart the machine. After doing so, I’m now in emergency mode and can’t do anything. I tried reinstalling it, got another successful notification, but ended up in emergency mode after being prompted to remove USB and reset again.
Any help would be appreciated.

91C37680-E79F-4C92-A8F2-111155EE6727 (resized).jpeg
#9203 75 days ago
Quoted from Ready_player_one:

Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like a bad download. Please start over and try again. If you downloaded from the USA mirror, try the EU mirror.

USB stick 8GB to 16GB. Might try different brands.

LTG : )

#9204 75 days ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Manually did it. Is it supposed to reset automatically after complete

Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Got to 100% verified and back to this screen.

20210808_132826 (resized).jpg20210808_132848 (resized).jpg
#9205 75 days ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, it will reboot on its own

#9206 75 days ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Is your coin door closed ?

#9207 75 days ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

And you need to press the start button on the game

#9208 75 days ago
Quoted from Ready_player_one:

I just updated my LE to 1.38 and it said it was successful.

Do it the old fashioned USB stick following Full Install instructions.

Depending on what is in your game now, you may not be able to WiFi update to 1.38

SKIP THIS - you have 1.38 in your game.

#9209 75 days ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Yes. Kept coin door closed. After it ended and came back to the screen above, I stepped away for about 15 minutes and came back to this. I will start over and try one last time before reaching out to tech support. Is it possible to do it via usb?

20210808_135240 (resized).jpg

#9210 75 days ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Accept the beta stuff in Utilities - Network, settings.

#9211 75 days ago

I see on your one screen you have 1.38 in your game.

Then you have to set up in Network the beta stuff, accept terms, etc.

#9212 75 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I see on your one screen you have 1.38 in your game.
Then you have to set up in Network the beta stuff, accept terms, etc.

I did all of that already, Have the red "yes" next to Beta. Wi-Fi is working too

#9213 75 days ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

I did all of that already, Have the red "yes" next to Beta. Wi-Fi is working too

Then please go to the website and open a support ticket to see if the software guys have an answer.

#9214 75 days ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

If the game is unplayable. You could do a full install of 1.38 and then make the game playable.

You'd have to redo the WiFi stuff. I wouldn't try installing the beta build until you hear from them.

#9215 75 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Then please go to the website and open a support ticket to see if the software guys have an answer.

Email [email protected]
For all the beta code related stuff. They keep that separate from the tech support help desk

#9216 75 days ago

Appreciate the help. Sorry for hijacking the thread with my issues. Just emailed beta support

#9217 75 days ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Email [email protected]
For all the beta code related stuff. They keep that separate from the tech support help desk

I wish they'd tell me that stuff.

#9218 75 days ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Id recommend not changing the outlanes at all. I tried the game with the post in the upper hole and it actually trapped the ball into the outlane more. You get a much better chance of defensive action with it stock. Plus it will cause pooling more then likely which i noticed on mine right away but luckily that black plastic cap covered it once i moved the post back to original position. Also the right outlanes when i moved them anywhere but stock it created indent in the clearcoat and they also created a trap where the ball wouldnt be able to bounce out making the right outlane a constant drain.

Wow, glad I read this before putting the work in! Thank you

#9219 75 days ago

I tried the EU download with a new flash drive and the same thing happened. Success screen, then after pulling the flash drive and resetting the machine, I got the same screen. Am I doing something wrong by not selecting an option on this screen before it goes to emergency mode?

33C3AC66-2920-40A5-8A94-B01C33A9F8B0 (resized).jpegE4964334-7C4C-45CD-A40D-2254076578AC (resized).jpeg
#9220 75 days ago

Wonka is my favorite, I am so so happy to have it back in the lineup especially the CE. The kids haven’t stopped playing it. It’s so beautiful and everything about it is Scrumdiddlyumptious!

#9221 75 days ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Wonka is my favorite, I am so so happy to have it back in the lineup especially the CE. The kids haven’t stopped playing it. It’s so beautiful and everything about it is Scrumdiddlyumptious!

Its a great pin I'm glad your kids are digging it!

#9222 74 days ago

Just had my longest game ever with the new beta code. Ended up with 61million! My favorite improvement with the beta code is the changes they made to pure imagination. The mode is actually really fun now, and something I want to get to instead of avoid

What kind of scores are people getting with the new beta code?

#9223 74 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Just had my longest game ever with the new beta code. Ended up with 61million! My favorite improvement with the beta code is the changes they made to pure imagination. The mode is actually really fun now, and something I want to get to instead of avoid
What kind of scores are people getting with the new beta code?

Ha, nice game, welcome to the 61M club! I think I did that within the first week of beta 4 being released, first time getting Pure Imagination. Best I've done since then is 37M.

PXL_20210608_175110168 (resized).jpg
#9224 74 days ago

Wowza Ive got some work to do….lol

#9225 74 days ago

Was hoping the new code wld become official by now.. guess I'll have to get a wifi dongle and try beta

#9226 74 days ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Was hoping the new code wld become official by now.. guess I'll have to get a wifi dongle and try beta

It's a game changer (no pun intended.)

#9227 74 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's a game changer (no pun intended.)

In a good way right?

#9228 74 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

In a good way right?

Without question.

Things happen more readily. All the "side quests" are now rewarding enough to pay attention to. The game is much more fun while still being the Wonka we know and love.

#9229 74 days ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Is there an easy way to remove the black plastic screw in the left outland so I can install the post?

The easy way to remove the black plastic plug is to use a drill bit or punch to push it out from the underside of the playfield. It pops right out with a little bit of force.

#9230 74 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Without question.
Things happen more readily. All the "side quests" are now rewarding enough to pay attention to. The game is much more fun while still being the Wonka we know and love.

Couldn't agree more. Downloaded beta from WiFi last night (my first downloaded "update" - which by itself was awesome) and man, what a difference! Hit 15M on my second game - non-stop action and agree, the side quests kept it flowing.

#9231 74 days ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Wowza Ive got some work to do….lol

I second that! I need some work, I can’t get pass 2 golden tickets lol

#9233 73 days ago

Hi there
Wonka SE owner and just updated to 1.38.Can somebody post pics and info of what I need to get off Amazon to go wireless Bluetooth and wi-fi for updates please

#9234 73 days ago

Do you know is Beta 6 the same thing as 2.0? I assume it shows Beta 6 for those in the program. Thanks

#9236 73 days ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Do you know is Beta 6 the same thing as 2.0? I assume it shows Beta 6 for those in the program. Thanks

Yes, same thing. I shut beta off and downloaded from the mainline.

#9237 73 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Hi there
Wonka SE owner and just updated to 1.38.Can somebody post pics and info of what I need to get off Amazon to go wireless Bluetooth and wi-fi for updates please

You can download it to USB from JJP's site.

#9238 73 days ago

Any specific reason why or did you just want to see 2.0 up there

Quoted from zaphX:

Yes, same thing. I shut beta off and downloaded from the mainline.

#9239 73 days ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Any specific reason why or did you just want to see 2.0 up there

I figure more beta releases are unlikely for a while so I wanted to go to general release.

#9240 73 days ago

Woo HOO!!!! Can I just apply this 2.0 update over anything, or do I need to apply some sort of interim update first?

I'm on a WAY old software release - something like 1.31 or so.

Also, has the stuttering animation been fixed in 2.0?

#9241 73 days ago

WOW, tons of changes.

#9242 73 days ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Woo HOO!!!! Can I just apply this 2.0 update over anything, or do I need to apply some sort of interim update first?
I'm on a WAY old software release - something like 1.31 or so.

If you are on release 1.34 or 1.38, you can update using the delta. Anything older than 1.34, you must use the full install.

#9243 73 days ago

Nice! Let's see some official Pure imagination!

#9244 73 days ago

#9245 73 days ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

WOW, tons of changes.

It really is. It plays like a whole new game while still being mostly the same rules/strategy.

#9246 73 days ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I hope so, as I'm going to install it. jimbodeanny has been doing some great work documenting this, and he says (at the link below) that the issue seems to have been fixed in beta v5. Must say thanks to jimbodeanny for his tenacity and for pointing this out to us all (and JJP of course). I can't find any specifics in the release notes regarding the animation stuttering, apart from 'updated some display effects'.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-v137-update-choppy-animations#post-6404902

#9247 73 days ago

Tried to download ….
Didn’t trigger the upload in Wonka … started normal. Wondering if my usb is bad or something… odd.

#9248 73 days ago

Team Wonka,
Running into an issue with my Gobstopper lock-up kicker (the coil that pushes the ball to the Gobstopper Trough VUK). It's not firing with much power and the ball isn't making it to the VUK. It'll cycle several times and then the ball search will kick in.

Didn't see any available adjustment for the kicker, nor the Gobstopper VUK (which sometimes takes 2-3 attempts to get it up to the shooter lane). So maybe I actually have two problems!?

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

As usual, thanks in advance.

Gobstopper Coil Screen (resized).jpgGobstopper Kicker Coil (resized).jpg
#9249 73 days ago
Quoted from Beez:

Wondering if my usb is bad or something… odd.

Or nothing it recognized on the USB stick.

USB stick, 8GB to 16GB. Carefully full install instructions. No short cuts.

Or try different USB sticks.

#9250 73 days ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Didn't see any available adjustment for the kicker, nor the Gobstopper VUK

Are you in Settings - Coils ? Looks like you are in Tests - Coils.

There are 9816 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 197.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside