IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 279.
#9151 2 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

now, what’s this Beta thing everyone is talking about?

If you have a WiFi dongle in your game and have it connected to a router. Then go to Utilities - Network stuff. Dig around in there to download it.

LTG : )

#9152 2 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

After switching USB sticks a third time it worked!!
I’m finally updated from 1.32 to 1.38 … now, what’s this Beta thing everyone is talking about?

duplicate post

#9153 2 years ago

Somewhat of a noob when it comes to mechanics and repairs but I’m trying to learn. Ran into an issue with upper right flipper and can use some guidance .

Initially i thought it was misaligned, popping up 1/4 or so from its base. I raised the playing field, adjusted by loosing the bolt holding the flipper and tightened it real tight. Thought that was it.

Now, it doesn’t appear to be an alignment issue rather it’s not returning to its base. If a ball hits it, it goes back to base position, but flip again and it’s stuck.

Intuitively I think I’ve got a spring issue and need to replace it? But wanted to check in case I screwed something up with the slight adjustment to the flipper.

Thanks in advance.

3D5101CA-91B9-4879-8C55-0284800E0961 (resized).jpeg3D5101CA-91B9-4879-8C55-0284800E0961 (resized).jpeg
#9154 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Intuitively I think I’ve got a spring issue and need to replace it? But wanted to check in case I screwed something up with the slight adjustment to the flipper.
Thanks in advance. [quoted image]

If it's returning to the correct position when hit, it sounds like the spring is broken/disconnected. Does it move freely when manipulated by hand, or is it binding?

For everything there is to know about flippers:

#9155 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Now, it doesn’t appear to be an alignment issue rather it’s not returning to its base. If a ball hits it, it goes back to base position, but flip again and it’s stuck.

Could be that you need to replace the coil sleeve? Just a thought, if it's binding as zaphX suggests.

#9156 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Somewhat of a noob when it comes to mechanics and repairs but I’m trying to learn. Ran into an issue with upper right flipper and can use some guidance .
Initially i thought it was misaligned, popping up 1/4 or so from its base. I raised the playing field, adjusted by loosing the bolt holding the flipper and tightened it real tight. Thought that was it.
Thanks in advance. [quoted image]

You don't want it tight to the playfield, there needs to be a gap about the size of a credit card.

#9157 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If it's returning to the correct position when hit, it sounds like the spring is broken/disconnected. Does it move freely when manipulated by hand, or is it binding?

Thanks for the advice and the reference video zaphX (and great to see you again). I did pop in a new spring and it's retracting once again. However, when i hit a rather hard shot from the saucer up the camera ramp it will stick again. A tap or two on the flipper button and it retracts. So, I definitely have something binding - the new spring is just making it retract better. [And I do have a pretty good gap between the flipper and the playfield, as suggested]

Quoted from FlippinJB:

Could be that you need to replace the coil sleeve? Just a thought, if it's binding as zaphX suggests

Would this be my next move?

#9158 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

it will stick again.

A tiny bit of up and down play on the flipper bat ( not back and forth ) ? Coil stop on tight. Not coming apart inside the coil sleeve ?

#9159 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A tiny bit of up and down play on the flipper bat ( not back and forth ) ? Coil stop on tight. Not coming apart inside the coil sleeve ?

I'll check as suggested LTG....tomorrow. The wife is giving me the eye (aka the "it's time to stop tinkering with your toys" for tonight look).

#9160 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

However, when i hit a rather hard shot from the saucer up the camera ramp it will stick again. A tap or two on the flipper button and it retracts. So, I definitely have something binding

Ok, check that the plunger is moving cleanly in/out of the sleeve without attacking at an angle. Dialing in a flipper is a bit of a fiddly affair of a few variables:

- You want the flipper bat lined up correctly with the nearby guide
- You want the right amount of vertical play so it doesn't bind on the bushing
- You want the plunger to travel freely in and out of the sleeve without going in at an angle

If you have sleeves it certainly wouldn't hurt to replace it. Also check that the bushing is intact; sometimes flippers that can take hits to the tip will end up damaging the bushing over time. (I had poor performance from the upper left flipper in Wonka that I ultimately traced to a damaged bushing.)

#9161 2 years ago

Hi all! New to Pinside and a complete novice when it comes to modifying or repairing my machine. Purchased a CE of Wonka last year brand new and the switch to open/close the gobstopper hole (switch 31) stopped working. Purchased a new switch but have no idea how to install it. Know anyone in MA, NH or ME who does repair and knows JJ machines well? Nervous to have someone work on it that doesn't have knowledge of this game, willing to pay well for the right person to help fix it! Thanks in advance - love seeing all the other WONKA lovers here.

#9162 2 years ago
Quoted from wonkavator:

Hi all! New to Pinside and a complete novice when it comes to modifying or repairing my machine. Purchased a CE of Wonka last year brand new and the switch to open/close the gobstopper hole (switch 31) stopped working. Purchased a new switch but have no idea how to install it. Know anyone in MA, NH or ME who does repair and knows JJ machines well? Nervous to have someone work on it that doesn't have knowledge of this game, willing to pay well for the right person to help fix it! Thanks in advance - love seeing all the other WONKA lovers here.

Wondering if the switch just needs ajusted and not replaced? I know it can pop out of ajustment sometimes and need a piece wedged in it to make it work correctly.

#9163 2 years ago
Quoted from wonkavator:

Agree with @bigd1979. I believe Zaphx had a solution that involved electrical tape folded into the gobstopper switch. It seems to fix the issue but I luckily haven't had that issue yet.

#9164 2 years ago

My ramp diverter is not working right, it seems to be diverting too slow and causing the ball to drop weird plus makes it impossible to make the super lock shot. I definitely now something is not right with it, any suggestions what it might be ?

#9165 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

My ramp diverter is not working right, it seems to be diverting too slow and causing the ball to drop weird plus makes it impossible to make the super lock shot. I definitely now something is not right with it, any suggestions what it might be ?

If the ball is dropping at all, the diverter might not be the issue. I would check the kid magnet. This magnet can get pounded down on one side making a "shelf" that the ball can hang on, or at least pause on for a moment before rolling on.

The fix is to replace it or at least remove it and grind the lug down to be flat again.

#9166 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If the ball is dropping at all, the diverter might not be the issue. I would check the kid magnet. This magnet can get pounded down on one side making a "shelf" that the ball can hang on, or at least pause on for a moment before rolling on.
The fix is to replace it or at least remove it and grind the lug down to be flat again.

Checked the magnet, it’s perfect. It’s the diverter, I read a post while back where someone loosened the four screws on the coil ramp and adjusted the position. I have to give it a try because there’s definitely something different with it! I had the Wonka LE before upgrading to a CE and the diverter on the le was smooth like butter this CE it’s slow and sometimes missing

#9167 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Checked the magnet, it’s perfect. It’s the diverter, I read a post while back where someone loosened the four screws on the coil ramp and adjusted the position. I have to give it a try because there’s definitely something different with it! I had the Wonka LE before upgrading to a CE and the diverter on the le was smooth like butter this CE it’s slow and sometimes missing

Well that's a hell of a thing. Is the diverter scraping/binding? I'd remove the butter box and get an idea what's going on in there.

#9168 2 years ago

I uploaded the new beta today, on average doubled my score from a high of 3 million to six. I've just had mine a week... for the past 4 days it's been "just one more game". Loving Willy Wonka

#9169 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

I uploaded the new beta today, on average doubled my score from a high of 3 million to six. I've just had mine a week... for the past 4 days it's been "just one more game". Loving Willy Wonka

The new code is a huge help. I got to Most Secret Machine for the first time the other day and I was blown away. I won't spoil it for those who have not seen it, but the Gobstopper toy does something I have never seen in a game before. I can not believe a feature that cool was hidden behind such dumbfounding code for so long! Could have been a game changer for sales.

#9170 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ok, check that the plunger is moving cleanly in/out of the sleeve without attacking at an angle. Dialing in a flipper is a bit of a fiddly affair.....If you have sleeves it certainly wouldn't hurt to replace it.

It was indeed a coil sleeve issue - popped in a new sleeve and flipper is back to normal First time I've worked on a flipper - not as complicated as I made it out to be (in my head).

Thanks LTG zaphX and FlippinJB for the assist.

#9171 2 years ago

I really like the improved magnet action,slugworth multi ball

Quoted from Phbooms:

I felt the same way but not on Wonka. GnR SE felt cheap made compared to all other JJPs Ive had. Hobbit felt the heaviest but Woz almost got away from me on a ramp when I got it.

Quoted from Adipocere:

The new code is a huge help. I got to Most Secret Machine for the first time the other day and I was blown away. I won't spoil it for those who have not seen it, but the Gobstopper toy does something I have never seen in a game before. I can not believe a feature that cool was hidden behind such dumbfounding code for so long! Could have been a game changer for sales.

Great,but what can a gobstopper do other than spin?don’t tell me I may get there someday!

#9172 2 years ago

Man it’s my dream to own one someday but don’t know if I will ever be able to afford a willi wonka the prices are way up there

#9173 2 years ago

Just took the plunge to the Beta code - I had been waiting it out but am really enjoying it. ZERO issues upgrading which I was very happy with.

Does anyone know how their release schedule works?

#9174 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Just took the plunge to the Beta code - I had been waiting it out but am really enjoying it. ZERO issues upgrading which I was very happy with.
Does anyone know how their release schedule works?

Dude the beta code rocks. I've been saying for a while that they just need to make the code easier for people to enjoy more of the modes.
As for their release schedule, it's probably just whenever their developers have time and they're not working on other projects.

#9175 2 years ago

It really does - I like that they add different sound clips.. or so I think.. curious how the next official release will be. I had a pinball buddy that is very active in the community tell me he doesn’t like Wonka. So I have the challenge of changing his mind I think the code will help.

Quoted from daveyvandy:

Dude the beta code rocks. I've been saying for a while that they just need to make the code easier for people to enjoy more of the modes.
As for their release schedule, it's probably just whenever their developers have time and they're not working on other projects.

#9176 2 years ago

Seems that beta 5 spots you 2 kids for kid multi-ball, is there a menu option to change that?

#9177 2 years ago

Im looking to install lit flipper buttons and the kit I got is for a Hobbit where the power adapter (used for a topper) is not where it is supposed to be along the left side of the bottom cabinet. Does anyone know where the 2 pin power adapter for a Wonka topper is?

#9178 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Seems that beta 5 spots you 2 kids for kid multi-ball, is there a menu option to change that?

I haven't seen that. It spots you 2 gobstoppers though?

#9179 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I haven't seen that. It spots you 2 gobstoppers though?

Yep, first and second, two of the gobstoppers are sitting on the kid disc's on the main screen, beginning of the game?

#9180 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Im looking to install lit flipper buttons and the kit I got is for a Hobbit where the power adapter (used for a topper) is not where it is supposed to be along the left side of the bottom cabinet. Does anyone know where the 2 pin power adapter for a Wonka topper is?

Found it, problem fixed, lit flipper buttons installed. It's such a little thing, but a nice touch.

#9181 2 years ago

Anybody own both Wonka and Elvira HOH and can speak to a preference? I'm thinking of listing my Wonka LE for an Elvira but have only been able to play one on location so can't speak to the longevity of the game. I know these opinions would be highly subjective but for those who have owned or do own both it'd be nice to hear your thoughts.

The problem with letting JJPs go is I will most likely not own one again, or be able to afford it a year or two from now. Although this will probably be true for EHOH as well.

#9182 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Anybody own both Wonka and Elvira HOH and can speak to a preference? I'm thinking of listing my Wonka LE for an Elvira but have only been able to play one on location so can't speak to the longevity of the game. I know these opinions would be highly subjective but for those who have owned or do own both it'd be nice to hear your thoughts.
The problem with letting JJPs go is I will most likely not own one again, or be able to afford it a year or two from now. Although this will probably be true for EHOH as well.

My only experience with EHOH. I’ve only payed the one at the Pinball hall of fame and every time I’ve played it something broke or on other trips it was out of service. I wish I could play one that has been dialed in.

#9183 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Yep, first and second, two of the gobstoppers are sitting on the kid disc's on the main screen, beginning of the game?

Yeah so those indicators are for gobstopper multiball. THey don't have anything to do with Kid Multiball.

#9184 2 years ago

My dad has an EHOH so I've played it a bit.

EHOH is great if you're into mode based games, but I would never get rid of Wonka - it's just too fun and awesome to blow up especially with the new beta code.

All that said, EHOH is a great game and almost equivalent to Wonka so it's not a bad choice.

I'd sooner sell your POTC or WOZ for EHOH.

#9185 2 years ago

Down the road I'm willing to bet that Willy Wonka will be a much harder to find machine than EHOH. Keep that in mind.

#9186 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah so those indicators are for gobstopper multiball. THey don't have anything to do with Kid Multiball.

Ohh, ok...since I only got my WW less than 2 weeks ago, im still working on learning the rules. What do they indicate?

#9187 2 years ago

I owned both and found Wonka to on the new Beta code to be my preferred choice on games to play. Now with that said elvira is one heck of game with some awesome features and modes but in my opinion Wonka wins against that Ehoh. The 4 flippers, non standard layout and the fact that you can get some great flow going on Wonka is fantastic.

#9188 2 years ago

I've got this hinge that keeps sneaking out (see the nub on the right side). Any suggest to keep it in place?

1628367311844214628456875694129 (resized).jpg1628367311844214628456875694129 (resized).jpg
#9189 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Any suggest to keep it in place?

Shove it back in. Then on both sides, squeeze the metal tubing in goes through a little tighter.

#9190 2 years ago

I’ve got a Wonka CE and had an EHOH SLE. Both are great games. Based on the fact that I still have Wonka, I ultimately like it better, but EHOH is very good.

#9191 2 years ago

I would not sell one for the other, they are both amazing top 10 pins and similar in terms of eye candy and fun factor. I guess it depends which theme you connect with more. I won’t be selling either of these titles, they are as good as it gets.

#9192 2 years ago

Is there an easy way to remove the black plastic screw in the left outland so I can install the post?

#9193 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I’ve got a Wonka CE and had an EHOH SLE. Both are great games. Based on the fact that I still have Wonka, I ultimately like it better, but EHOH is very good.

Wonka has an unbelievable amount of staying power, doesn't it?

#9194 2 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Is there an easy way to remove the black plastic screw in the left outland so I can install the post?

Id recommend not changing the outlanes at all. I tried the game with the post in the upper hole and it actually trapped the ball into the outlane more. You get a much better chance of defensive action with it stock. Plus it will cause pooling more then likely which i noticed on mine right away but luckily that black plastic cap covered it once i moved the post back to original position. Also the right outlanes when i moved them anywhere but stock it created indent in the clearcoat and they also created a trap where the ball wouldnt be able to bounce out making the right outlane a constant drain.

#9195 2 years ago

Just updated to 1.38 yesterday, got wifi dongle, connected to network, opted in to Beta and tried to download Beta 5. I got a "failure to verify" and it is still on 1.38. Any suggestions other than just try again? Also, when it starts up with Beta, obviously it will indicate in the startup script, right? Can someone post a picture of what the start up script looks like with Beta running?

FYI, I love this game and really excited to try the Super Super Super Skill Shot (combo ramps then the scoop).

#9196 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It’s awesome. I’ve been on about 10 honeymoons with new games and I still always come back to Wonka as my favorite. It’s pretty perfect. Just the perfect amount of challenge. Make-able shots, with challenging rules (love the beta). Definitely the hardest to walk away from!

#9197 2 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

Any suggestions other than just try again?

No better answer than try again. Keep coin door closed.

#9198 2 years ago

This sums up how I feel about Wonka as well. Have owned Elvira LE twice and Wonka has stayed through them both. Elvira is a great game though just not quite to the level of Wonka.

Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Quoted from zaphX:

Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

It’s awesome. I’ve been on about 10 honeymoons with new games and I still always come back to Wonka as my favorite. It’s pretty perfect. Just the perfect amount of challenge. Make-able shots, with challenging rules (love the beta). Definitely the hardest to walk away from!

#9199 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No better answer than try again. Keep coin door closed.

Got a verified download. Powered off machine and powered on, but still ran 1.38.. suggestions?

#9200 2 years ago

I checked mine to be sure. It says Beta Build 5.

I'd open a ticket on the support desk. See if the software guys have a better idea.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/184?hl=chewiec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.