IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 279.
#9051 2 years ago

Hey folks.

I don't want to get too deep into this, as Pinside is about the games NOT about me, but I appreciate the many kind words that were sent to me via YouTube, Facebook, etc.

I am fine. I do have thick skin and the dickheads on Pinside who tried to run me off have no effect on me.

I just got beaten down by how depressingly negative the vibe got in here. It was all about playfields playfields playfields playfields for a while.

Nobody gave a shit about the amazing games/rules/shots/sounds/mechs put out into the world, they only cared about the tiny chips in the art.
It was bringing me down and making me negative on pinball so I took some time out. I may continue to do so.

Just wanted to drop in and alleviate any concerns about my well being as I am fine. I got a new car and I'm spending more time on that hobby than pins for a while, and it's frankly been nice.

#9052 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Just wanted to drop in and alleviate any concerns about my well being as I am fine.

I am glad to hear that !

Quoted from zaphX:

I got a new car

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Enjoy it !

LTG : )

#9053 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hey folks.
I don't want to get too deep into this, as Pinside is about the games NOT about me, but I appreciate the many kind words that were sent to me via YouTube, Facebook, etc.
I am fine. I do have thick skin and the dickheads on Pinside who tried to run me off have no effect on me.
I just got beaten down by how depressingly negative the vibe got in here. It was all about playfields playfields playfields playfields for a while.
Nobody gave a shit about the amazing games/rules/shots/sounds/mechs put out into the world, they only cared about the tiny chips in the art.
It was bringing me down and making me negative on pinball so I took some time out. I may continue to do so.
Just wanted to drop in and alleviate any concerns about my well being as I am fine. I got a new car and I'm spending more time on that hobby than pins for a while, and it's frankly been nice.

Good to hear! You've been missed and most of us greatly appreciate the contributions you make to this hobby. Pinside is better with you here.

Enjoy the new car!

#9054 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hey folks.

Take time out for yourself and indulge in some of the other joys in life.

Contrary to popular belief, it’s not all about pinball!

We’ll be here when you drop back in

#9055 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hey folks.

My advice is just avoid the threads full of people who only enjoy watching it all burn down. You'll never convince them otherwise, and will just make yourself miserable trying.

#9056 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hey folks.

Thanks for posting!
I've always enjoyed your posts and tutorials.

#9057 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hey folks.

Miss you and your vids! But totally get it! Enjoy the new car!

#9058 2 years ago

Why is the Beta taking so long to become an Official (non beta) Update? Are there some known issues in the Beta? You’d think any issues would have popped up by now and been addressed. I mean it seems like it took less time to authorize the vaccine than it’s taking to move this code from Beta to Regular update. Weird....

#9059 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I mean it seems like it took less time to authorize the vaccine than it’s taking to move this code from Beta to Regular update.

They had more people working on the vaccine.

Why is the Beta taking so long to become an Official (non beta) Update?

Could be a lot of reasons. Fixing something, adding in more, programmers having to work on other more pressing issues, testing.

#9060 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hey folks.

zaphX Hope you’re enjoying the new car, and it’s great to have you back in the forum!

#9061 2 years ago

Why is the Beta taking so long to become an Official (non beta) Update? Are there some known issues in the Beta? You’d think any issues would have popped up by now and been addressed. I mean it seems like it took less time to authorize the vaccine than it’s taking to move this code from Beta to Regular update. Weird....

Does it really matter? The beta is available to anyone who wants it, you can just opt in and download it right on your game. Install it and flip away!

#9062 2 years ago

Quick, easy & cheap mod: The little LED spotlights illuminating the Oompa Loompa figure and the Wonkavator were too low, shining on the clear part of the VUK cover and the Oompa's junk. I raised them with a 1" hex spacer and bent the Wonkavator LED bracket up a little more and now they nicely hit the Wonkavator graphic and the Oompa's face.

IMG_0417 (resized).jpegIMG_0417 (resized).jpeg

IMG_0418 (resized).jpegIMG_0418 (resized).jpeg

#9063 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

…….shining on …….the Oompa's junk.
[quoted image]

Thanks, now I’ll be thinking about Oompa junk all day…..

#9064 2 years ago

On the factory ramp to the left the metal bar that comes down to stop the ball will only intermittently drop to the left upper flipper correct? Or should it drop it down every time?
I’m getting a mix of both and it doesn’t seem to make much sense. I’ve even had the lower flipper flip twice as if to signal the ball was going to be dropped and it did not and was released to go down the metal rails back to the normal left flipper.

#9065 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

On the factory ramp to the left the metal bar that comes down to stop the ball will only intermittently drop to the left upper flipper correct? Or should it drop it down every time?

Is the coil loose ? ( screw for it is under the wireform )

#9066 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is the coil loose ? ( screw for it is under the wireform )

I will check and get back with you. Thanks!

#9067 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They had more people working on the vaccine.

More people doesn’t equal faster. Sometimes it actually makes things slower. Too many chefs.

In any event, how hard is it to convert a Beta to an official update? Which is why I posed the concern that there may be some known significant issues with the beta.

#9068 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Some people just like to be mean and keep it up.
LTG : (

Lets not rush things. We all know what happens when that happens.. and then there is even more complaining..

#9069 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hey folks.

Ive been thinking for a while that the Wonka and WOZ threads need separate threads about their "issues/problems", like how a lot of other threads have them

While I do agree that I would not be happy with chipping playfields for $10K toys... I also dont want to be hearing about them every time I log onto Pinside...

And aside from that Haters are going to hate. Block out that noise and bring the positive vibes

#9070 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ive been thinking for a while that the Wonka and WOZ threads need separate threads about their "issues/problems", like how a lot of other threads have them
While I do agree that I would not be happy with chipping playfields for $10K toys... I also dont want to be hearing about them every time I log onto Pinside...
And aside from that Haters are going to hate. Block out that noise and bring the positive vibes

I agree. I have a Wonka LE and a POTC LE and have been really lucky to have no issues with my playfields YET. Seeing the constant reminders in the club thread of the issues gives me anxiety rather than be able to enjoy my games. Having the issue in a separate thread that we can refer to when and if it eventually happens makes a lot of sense.

#9071 2 years ago

How do I change shaker motor settings?I can’t remember how to get there in menu.

#9072 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

How do I change shaker motor settings?I can’t remember how to get there in menu.

Settings - Coils - it's in there.

#9073 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Settings - Coils - it's in there.

Damn it I’ll look again this is an SE and I just updated

#9074 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Damn it I’ll look again

Settings - Coils - 5th one from the top.

#9075 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hey folks.

Just catching up on this thread…..happy to hear you’re back as well. Regardless of crazy this hobby gets, at the end of the day it’s always just pinball. Have fun and enjoy.

#9076 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Settings - Coils - 5th one from the top.

Thanks buddy

#9077 2 years ago
Quoted from erikgilby:

zaphX I got a new car and I'm spending more time on that hobby than pins for a while, and it's frankly been nice.

So what did you get???? On a whim I traded off my WRX for a Veloster N a few months ago. Never thought I would own a Hyundai, but couldn't be happier with it so far. Hope your choice is working out as well.

#9078 2 years ago

So my wonka LE is sometimes stopping play and disabling flippers as if a tilt happened. I have been looking through threads and haven' t found the same situation yet. Anyone have suggestions? I suspect the opto sensors in the trough.

#9079 2 years ago
Quoted from inverted1:

So my wonka LE is sometimes stopping play and disabling flippers as if a tilt happened. I have been looking through threads and haven' t found the same situation yet. Anyone have suggestions? I suspect the opto sensors in the trough.

It does this if you beat the Wonkas office mode. It’s a feature of that mode.

#9080 2 years ago
Quoted from inverted1:

I suspect the opto sensors in the trough.

Along the right idea. Turn game off. Reseat the connectors to the ball trough opto boards. Be sure balls aren't magnetized and not rolling down the ball trough right. And be sure the plunger at the end of the ball trough isn't sitting a very tiny bit to high and hindering how balls roll into position.

#9081 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Along the right idea. Turn game off. Reseat the connectors to the ball trough opto boards. Be sure balls aren't magnetized and not rolling down the ball trough right. And be sure the plunger at the end of the ball trough isn't sitting a very tiny bit to high and hindering how balls roll into position.

Definitely this. When I was working on a Dialed In, even after reseating the connector this would happen occasionally. There was kind of a loose connection even after it was reseated, so I very slightly bent the male terminals on the optoboard to give more friction when the coupler was connected.

#9082 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Definitely this. When I was working on a Dialed In, even after reseating the connector this would happen occasionally. There was kind of a loose connection even after it was reseated, so I very slightly bent the male terminals on the optoboard to give more friction when the coupler was connected.

Interesting... will try both what you and LTG suggested. Thank you both!

#9083 2 years ago

Beta Build 5 now available but after downloading I get "Failed to Verify" after repeated attempts. Anyone else able to download and install the update? Looks to be a number of improvements in build 5. Thanks.

#9084 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffster:

Beta Build 5 now available but after downloading I get "Failed to Verify" after repeated attempts. Anyone else able to download and install the update? Looks to be a number of improvements in build 5. Thanks.

Didn’t realize they were still working on Wonka code.Any idea on changes?

#9085 2 years ago

Finally was able to install the Beta 5 update. Just took multiple tries.

#9086 2 years ago

I have an extra NIB WONKA playfield if anyone is interested

#9087 2 years ago

Downloaded and installed Beta 5, no issues with download. Changes look minimal, tweaks on scoring.

#9088 2 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

I have an extra NIB WONKA playfield if anyone is interested

Did you get this because of chipping?
How long did you have to wait?

#9089 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

The LED spotlights were too low, shining on the Oompa's junk. I raised them with a 1" hex spacer and bent the Wonkavator LED bracket up a little more and now they nicely hit the Wonkavator graphic and the Oompa's face.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Clearly you haven’t reached the secret mini Wizard mode “Oompah Junk Mulit-Ball”. That spotlight was there for a reason.

Note: quoted text altered - words removed - for brevity

#9090 2 years ago

Inspecting a Wonka today - could someone point me to a rundown of common issues and wear points? Pooling or mechs that give troubles? Thank you

#9091 2 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Inspecting a Wonka today - could someone point me to a rundown of common issues and wear points? Pooling or mechs that give troubles? Thank you

Pooling around posts, not only slingshots but upper flipper areas as well, also had chipping on wireform underneath wonkavision. Look for proper function of gobstopper hole and ball eject.

Nothing else comes to mind from my experience. My game has been really solid outside of the initial playfield issues.

#9092 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Pooling around posts, not only slingshots but upper flipper areas as well, also had chipping on wireform underneath wonkavision. Look for proper function of gobstopper hole and ball eject.
Nothing else comes to mind from my experience. My game has been really solid outside of the initial playfield issues.

What did you do to stop your gobstopper floppy switch from getting stuck? That’s the only thing I haven’t been able to dial in.

#9093 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

What did you do to stop your gobstopper floppy switch from getting stuck? That’s the only thing I haven’t been able to dial in.

Mrsiyufy Have you tried this? I can print you one if you don't have the means to do it. Just let me know.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4803035
wonka fix (resized).pngwonka fix (resized).png

#9094 2 years ago

I did. They pop off after a few games. Maybe I should try some glue

#9095 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I did. They pop off after a few games. Maybe I should try some glue

post 6820

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4675550

This is what I use, works great.

#9096 2 years ago

Hey gang, newbie to Wonka here. Just picked it up last week and am loving it so far. My backbox light strip is not working so I replaced it with Lermods backbox solution, but it is still not working. Any ideas on what I should be checking for? My topper light is working just fine, only the backbox is out.

#9097 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

only the backbox is out.

Follow the wires. Anything unplugged ?

#9098 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

post 6820
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4675550
This is what I use, works great.

I don’t have a 3D printer can I pay someone who does to print one of these please ?

#9099 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Follow the wires. Anything unplugged ?

Connections appear to be in place and tight.

#9100 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Connections appear to be in place and tight.

Try unplugging the wires and inspecting the connector pins

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,600 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/182?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.