IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 279.
#801 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yeah, it's dark back there...fixed that...

This is a must for sure. What did you use? I've never added light to a pin before so I need to study up. I can't stand the dark back at all!

#802 4 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

This is a must for sure. What did you use? I've never added light to a pin before so I need to study up. I can't stand the dark back at all!

12v strips. We sell the mod on our site. Suggest doing trough and backboard at same time. Connection points are pretty limited right now, topper plugs not yet enabled. You could tap off the led strip in the backbox.

https://lermods.com/t/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-mods

#803 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yeah, it's dark back there...fixed that...

That looks fantastic. I love the fading and color changing.

How is the lighting in the center of the playfield? Would it need help in a totally dark room?

#804 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

That looks fantastic. I love the fading and color changing.
How is the lighting in the center of the playfield? Would it need help in a totally dark room?

Thx. There are a lot of leds on the play field, so I don’t think it’s dark at all.

The illuminated translight is really nice too.

#805 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Here are some pics. Black circles are the screws to remove last. Yellow arrow points to the coil's sleeve you want to check. Yellow circle is the entire mech.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the pics. Mine is supposed to arrive this week and I hope I won't need them!

#806 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

How do you SE owners view the lack of the Wonkavator? Is it really an issue ?

It's a nice have and fills that back corner. After playing both versions (LE prototype/SE), you won't miss it since the SE has the virtual lock. Unless they add more code that adds more uses for the Wonkavator down the road, I wouldn't think twice. It's not as drastic as a BK:SOR missing the upper playfield for pro.

#807 4 years ago

Fixed the saucer sensor issue, just had to bend the opto board down a little. At first I bent it up and the issue was happening everytime.

20190707_160400.jpg20190707_160400.jpg
#808 4 years ago

Just ordered the lermods backbox light strip. Got it in white to not wash out the colors. I didnt see an option for rgb like the video had, but i think ill like it. The back definately is a little dark.

#809 4 years ago

Added a LED strip today and it makes the dark area much more user friendly.

#810 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Added a LED strip today and it makes the dark area much more user friendly.

Quoted from Lermods:

12v strips. We sell the mod on our site. Suggest doing trough and backboard at same time. Connection points are pretty limited right now, topper plugs not yet enabled. You could tap off the led strip in the backbox.

Are you guys able to tie the strip into a GI circuit, or is it on all the time?

#811 4 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

On all the time. I don't like messing with tapping off the boards. It does, however, turn on and off with the game.

#812 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Here are some pics. Black circles are the screws to remove last. Yellow arrow points to the coil's sleeve you want to check. Yellow circle is the entire mech.[quoted image][quoted image]

I've had some minor issues with balls in the gobstopper subway. The symptom is a lot of clicks, followed by the sound of a coin flattening on the desk and finally the VUK pop. In my case it always eventually worked before ball search kicked in.

The first thing I did was bump the VUK from 18 to 20, which did not fix the issue.

I saw this helpful writeup from Lermods so I got an exacto knife and file and performed the surgery to remove the coil sleeve lip and make it flush in the mech. Unfortunately the problem persisted, to my surprise!

At this point I backed the VUK back down to the default of 18 and tried the other setting, the Gobstopper Lock Coil. I changed that one to 20 and the problem is fixed.

Every machine is different; I bring all this up just to suggest people bump the lock coil first before disassembling as it's way easier and might be all that you need.

#813 4 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Mine is on and off with remote . Plugged into the service plug.

#814 4 years ago

What to do when you receive your new pinball machine and it’s damaged? NOOOO!!!!!!

PLUS, installation of The Mod Couple’s Willy Wonka Pinball Mod Collection

#815 4 years ago

I made an order for some modcouple mods, i wish i would have bought a few more after seeing how they look on the game!!!

#816 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

i wish i would have bought a few more after seeing how they look on the game!!!

You can order more than once.

LTG : )

#817 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can order more than once.

I hate paying shipping twice!

#818 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I hate paying shipping twice!

Small price to pay for great mods. For things you know you want. Things that will make your game even more spectacular.

Disclaimer : No, I'm not on commission.

#819 4 years ago

Oh ill order them, ill just wait awhile until i forget what i paid for the first round of mods. They look incredible, very high quality

#820 4 years ago

So great to see Flipnoutpinball use a sad mishap as an educational opportunity to give back to the pinball community. That’s a top notch distributor! We are Honored to work with Zach and hope we can provide options collectors enjoy as well. What an amazing game Love It!

#821 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

What to do when you receive your new pinball machine and it’s damaged? NOOOO!!!!!!

Bummer about the damage to any pin. That factory looks awesome, but maybe too close to the gobstopper?

#822 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Thanks Zach for sharing! Scary moments like these are frustrating and out of the norm hopefully. Great tips for newer owners.

I too ordered those mods and was wondering where the best places might be to implement them! Very helpful to see visually.

#823 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

Thanks Zach for sharing! Scary moments like these are frustrating and out of the norm hopefully. Great tips for newer owners.
I too ordered those mods and was wondering where the best places might be to implement them! Very helpful to see visually.

When i watched his video of where he put those mods i was like, damn. Its makes a great game look even better.

#824 4 years ago

I had some play again last night with my friend, and man...I feel frustrated by this game.

It feels like the pop bumpers are very reject friendly. Like 50% of the time they drain down the middle after a full plunge into the playfield. Then with the ball save engaged, the same chance seems to exist. I felt like I was able to play a ball with a full plunge, a very minimal amount of time.

When I did get the ball in play, I felt many shots would donk posts, and fire the ball back down the middle again.

I am not a good player, but at $1 per game, I felt more punished than rewarded, and am not really interested in playing again until a future freeplay event might occur.

I definitely want to watch the stream tonight, but this game's geometry feels a bit more unfriendly than the other JJP games I've played/own.

#825 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I had some play again last night with my friend, and man...I feel frustrated by this game.
It feels like the pop bumpers are very reject friendly. Like 50% of the time they drain down the middle after a full plunge into the playfield. Then with the ball save engaged, the same chance seems to exist. I felt like I was able to play a ball with a full plunge, a very minimal amount of time.
When I did get the ball in play, I felt many shots would donk posts, and fire the ball back down the middle again.
I am not a good player, but at $1 per game, I felt more punished than rewarded, and am not really interested in playing again until a future freeplay event might occur.
I definitely want to watch the stream tonight, but this game's geometry feels a bit more unfriendly than the other JJP games I've played/own.

The big takeaway on Wonka is never full plunge and never let the auto plunge perform a full plunge for you. Always short plunge to the upper right flipper.

#826 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

The big takeaway on Wonka is never full plunge and never let the auto plunge perform a full plunge for you. Always short plunge to the upper right flipper.

I guess that's part of the design of this being a faster play location game by Lawlor. Definitely feels unfriendly.

Thanks for reminding me though, I'll definitely remember for next play!

#827 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I guess that's part of the design of this being a faster play location game by Lawlor. Definitely feels unfriendly.

The game is brutal but gives you just enough to keep you trying again.

I am really looking forward to seeing pros like DeadFlip and KevInBuffalo play and learn how they defend against some of the playfield hazards!

#828 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Sounds like the exact type of game I was hoping this would be - tough, fast and mean. Perfect considering I am replacing my Metallica with this, another tough, fast and brutal game that took me a good solid year to get really good at. Metallica used to kick my ass, I would struggle to get 10m in a game, now I can put up 50m with no sweat. Just took a lot of patience and muscle memory. A perfect compliment to longer ball time, slower paced games like Hobbit.

#829 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Steve Ritchie screams “Play Better”!!!

#830 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

This game is 100% about location play.

Even Jack passively admits it on the Slap Save stream.

That market is growing BIG TIME

It's really disappointing but it is what it is.

Jack's comment that Woz will be just the beginning and it only gets better from here is just not reality. Never will be.

#831 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This game is 100% about location play.
Even Jack passively admits it on the Slap Save stream.
That market is growing BIG TIME
It's really disappointing but it is what it is.
Jack's comment that Woz will be just the beginning and it only gets better from here is just not reality. Never will be.

I hate to break this to you, but 100% of the games from the Golden Age of Bally/Williams were also for location play.

Play the game if you can. Then make up your mind.

#832 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Mine has no issues with drains from the pops. I can full plunge and nail the right loop and it goes to the left flipper. The left outlane is brutal on my machine though. I find the game actually fairly easy, regularly scoring between 1 and 2 mil. I've even had 3 games over 6 mil. Once you get the shots down and realize how to incorporate the playfield bonuses, it flows like none other.

#833 4 years ago

Anyone else receive a game with code 1.02? Mine arrived with this code, and I can't update it until the full 1.07 download is available on the JJP website.

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Anyone else receive a game with code 1.02? Mine arrived with this code, and I can't update it until the full 1.07 download is available on the JJP website.

Maybe if you contact JJP they can help?

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Link to the 1.07 update

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/wonka_update_0107.zip

#836 4 years ago

Yes but 1.07 delta can’t ride on 1.02. He needs 1.06 first which I emailed to him.

#837 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Yes but 1.07 delta can’t ride on 1.02. He needs 1.06 first which I emailed to him.

does he? i went from 1.04 to 1.07.

#838 4 years ago

Long story short, I know you cannot update from 1.02 to 1.07...
And because of that I have to give a huge shout out to jjp tech support for responding to me very late at night on July 3rd so I could play the game over the weekend!
They are aware of the website and I assume it will be updated soon. Just wondering if anyone else had early code.

That said, even on the earlier code I am having a blast with this game!

#839 4 years ago

1.04 wasn’t handy for him either. You are correct that 1.07 will work on 1.04 also. I think 1.06 is headed up on our site soon just in case.

#840 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

1.04 wasn’t handy for him either. You are correct that 1.07 will work on 1.04 also. I think 1.06 is headed up on our site soon just in case.

Thanks for helping steve.

#841 4 years ago

No problem Chris
And by the way - in case anyone needs it, Wonka 1.06 full install has made it to our website.

#842 4 years ago

New to JJP games, so not sure if this is something that happens in all the JJP games or not, but we were supposed to setup a 2-player game and the first player only pressed start one time. When they got to ball 3 we realized it was only 1-player. Held in the start button, and it added player 2, with 3 balls. Pretty crazy!

#843 4 years ago

Shooter rods and shooter plate proto shots - check them out!
Aug release. Hookedonpinball.com

For more information see post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-shooter-and-plate-mod#post-5085467

Gobinstall (resized).jpgGobinstall (resized).jpgwbplate (resized).jpgwbplate (resized).jpg
#844 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

New to JJP games, so not sure if this is something that happens in all the JJP games or not, but we were supposed to setup a 2-player game and the first player only pressed start one time. When they got to ball 3 we realized it was only 1-player. Held in the start button, and it added player 2, with 3 balls. Pretty crazy!

That's the Reserve Ball setting and is available on all JJP games. Extra balls are also stacked at the end with players continuing to take turns of one ball each until they run out.

#845 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I hate to break this to you, but 100% of the games from the Golden Age of Bally/Williams were also for location play.
Play the game if you can. Then make up your mind.

No shit?

#846 4 years ago

Anyone put the left outlane post in? I did with the supplied rubber and the inlane is now too small to fit the ball through. I swapped the right outlane post rubber with it and it makes it through sometimes but will occasionally get hung up. Anyone else experiencing this or am I missing something?

#847 4 years ago

Yeah, that probably came across as condescending and I didn’t mean it that way. But still, I think we’re in a better place than we think we are. Wonka seems far deeper than anything from the golden age I referred to. Keep an open mind and play it before thinking it’s all doom and gloom!

#848 4 years ago
Quoted from suave84:

Anyone put the left outlane post in? I did with the supplied rubber and the inlane is now too small to fit the ball through. I swapped the right outlane post rubber with it and it makes it through sometimes but will occasionally get hung up. Anyone else experiencing this or am I missing something?

I had the same experience. I have not tried the upper plugged hole.

Running the post without the rubber seemed to make it worse so I just took it out.

I’m forcing myself to learn to defend against it.

#849 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had the same experience. I have not tried the upper plugged hole.
Running the post without the rubber seemed to make it worse so I just took it out.
I’m forcing myself to learn to defend against it.

So is the hole drilled wrong? Is there a post position that could split the difference that they didn’t find in time for release?

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

So is the hole drilled wrong? Is there a post position that could split the difference that they didn’t find in time for release?

Lloyd? Any thoughts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/17?hl=gasoline and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.