IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 280.
#8901 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Scorbit works on both beta and release.

Thanks for the heads up. Not really a scorbit user but I thought it was restricted for beta build 4 since the scoring was so different. Good to know

#8902 2 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Thanks for the heads up. Not really a scorbit user but I thought it was restricted for beta build 4 since the scoring was so different. Good to know

I recall that in the beta group they asked us not to post scores on Beta 4 thru Scorbit since the scoring was drastically different.

#8903 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

I recall that in the beta group they asked us not to post scores on Beta 4 thru Scorbit since the scoring was drastically different.

Ah that's probably what I was remembering, thanks for the clarification.

#8904 2 years ago

Just got my Wonkavision scoop cliffy's. Figured I would ask before I install, is there any trick to removing or putting down the Wonkavision LCD? Thanks!

#8905 2 years ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Just got my Wonkavision scoop cliffy's. Figured I would ask before I install, is there any trick to removing or putting down the Wonkavision LCD? Thanks!

I have that too but havent installed it. Do you really have to remove the Wonkavision LCD?? Im surprised by that.

#8906 2 years ago

It is located under/behind it and I know I won't be able to get in there without removing or at least undoing it to be able to reach the scoop. I am all ears if there is a different way to not remove the Wonkavision LCD.

#8907 2 years ago
Quoted from chewiec:

It is located under/behind it and I know I won't be able to get in there without removing or at least undoing it to be able to reach the scoop. I am all ears if there is a different way to not remove the Wonkavision LCD.

I thought it was a little in front of it and that you could just remove some plastic and posts to get there. Havent given it a good look.

I know others in the past have mentioned to be super careful with that LCD, so if you do have to remove it, that cliffy might just never go on.

#8908 2 years ago

Definitely agree with you Rager. If anyone has loaded the Wonka Scoop from Cliffy, would you mind chiming in and let us know what was your method?

#8909 2 years ago

Interested in this as well!

Quoted from chewiec:

Definitely agree with you Rager. If anyone has loaded the Wonka Scoop from Cliffy, would you mind chiming in and let us know what was your method?

#8910 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:Interested in this as well!

Ditto

#8911 2 years ago

Only two gold tickets - nearly three but the gob stopper was only 4X and needed one more… how the h3ll does anyone get pure imagination is beyond me… but I'll keep on trying as this game is the ultimate keeper!!!

9B97146E-E34D-4077-BA18-DF03944ED3E9 (resized).jpeg9B97146E-E34D-4077-BA18-DF03944ED3E9 (resized).jpeg
#8912 2 years ago
Quoted from Ambro:

Only two gold tickets - nearly three but the gob stopper was only 4X and needed one more… how the h3ll does anyone get pure imagination is beyond me… but I'll keep on trying as this game is the ultimate keeper!!!
[quoted image]

Get the latest beta code and you'll get to pure imagination for sure! The code was heavily rebalanced. Who knows if it will stay for actual release but a lot of people really like it.

#8913 2 years ago

On new beta code I finally got more than 2 golden tickets. Actually managed 4 but was only able to play the first two mini wizards before draining. The only one I was missing was the Wonkavator ticket. This is such a great game!

D80387EB-71E0-490C-B2BB-A3226F5AE580 (resized).jpegD80387EB-71E0-490C-B2BB-A3226F5AE580 (resized).jpeg
#8914 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

On new beta code I finally got more than 2 golden tickets. Actually managed 4 but was only able to play the first two mini wizards before draining. The only one I was missing was the Wonkavator ticket. This is such a great game![quoted image]

Completely off topic, but the picture that you had taken looks good. Mine ALWAYS shows me looking far down...

Does anyone know if you can adjust the camera angle? Im not super tall, 6'1"..

#8915 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Completely off topic, but the picture that you had taken looks good. Mine ALWAYS shows me looking far down...

Are you looking at the fake camera on the playfield? Look at the real one at the bottom of the backglass

#8916 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Are you looking at the fake camera on the playfield? Look at the real one at the bottom of the backglass

Im not "looking" at either when it takes a picture. Im simply playing the game and focusing on the playfield, which all of us look down at.

Unless that picture I mentioned was "posed" for?

Basically, Just curious if anyone has tried to adjust the camera (the real camera in the backglass haha)

#8917 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Basically, Just curious if anyone has tried to adjust the camera (the real camera in the backglass haha)

In Tests - Devices - Camera you can do some adjusting.

LTG : )

#8918 2 years ago

I've never adjusted the camera in any way, but I do like to look into the camera (and usually make funny faces/poses) when hitting "end" with the start button after entering my name/initials. My friends and family do the same. It makes for a fun leaderboard gallery

#8919 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

My camera works fine EXCEPT during Oompa Loompa odyssey during which it focuses on my chest and not my head. I’ve looked for adjustments in the menu but no luck. I can get it to track my face in settings no problem. Until you’re in a game and hit Oompa Loompa odyssey then it just loves to focus on my shirt. So weird.

#8920 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

My camera works fine EXCEPT during Oompa Loompa odyssey during which it focuses on my chest and not my head. I’ve looked for adjustments in the menu but no luck. I can get it to track my face in settings no problem. Until you’re in a game and hit Oompa Loompa odyssey then it just loves to focus on my shirt. So weird.

Some newer version of Wonka code tries to suss out how tall you are when going into this mode. Make sure you're on the latest version and see if this is still having that issue.

#8921 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

I've never adjusted the camera in any way, but I do like to look into the camera (and usually make funny faces/poses) when hitting "end" with the start button after entering my name/initials. My friends and family do the same. It makes for a fun leaderboard gallery

Oh

Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Ahh, I forgot that it can take a picture at the end as well. It seems random to me though as it doesnt always do it.

I feel like more often than not, it is using the picture from when playing the game hitting the camera ramp.. and when it uses that photo, im always looking down because I am playing.

#8922 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Oh

Ahh, I forgot that it can take a picture at the end as well. It seems random to me though as it doesnt always do it.
I feel like more often than not, it is using the picture from when playing the game hitting the camera ramp.. and when it uses that photo, im always looking down because I am playing.

At the end, put in your initials, but do NOT select end. Depending on your lighting, lean in (if low lighting) and smile or make a face at the camera in the backglass below the giant LCD/LED screen. Be posed for at least two seconds and then press the start button to select End and it will get a good picture. Works for me everytime.

#8923 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Mine does the same thing. It's gotta be a coding issue.

#8924 2 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

At the end, put in your initials, but do NOT select end. Depending on your lighting, lean in (if low lighting) and smile or make a face at the camera in the backglass below the giant LCD/LED screen. Be posed for at least two seconds and then press the start button to select End and it will get a good picture. Works for me everytime.

Oh wow, awesome tip! I will definitely give this a try. Thanks!!

#8925 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Oh wow, awesome tip! I will definitely give this a try. Thanks!!

Also, if you have glasses and/or a beard it has trouble recognizing where your face is. Shave and wear contacts instead lol.

You can go into the camera settings to see it trying to recognize your face with an outline box, but I can't remember if you can change the sensitivity or not.

#8926 2 years ago

Hats, beards, and some face shapes seem to give it fits. My buddy put up previous grand champ score and his photo was empty. He was wearing a hat and had a thicker beard at the time. He was pissed!

#8927 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Also, if you have glasses and/or a beard it has trouble recognizing where your face is. Shave and wear contacts instead lol.
You can go into the camera settings to see it trying to recognize your face with an outline box, but I can't remember if you can change the sensitivity or not.

I often do wear my glasses becuase playing pinball with contacts is hard.. Eyes get dry quick...

Ill play around with some settings.. But I definitely didn't know that the camera will search for your face anytime you enter your initials...

#8928 2 years ago

You can just about forget getting a good picture if you're wearing a mask, too (a problem that did not become obvious until about a year ago!)

#8929 2 years ago

I don't really get the point of the after game pictures.....they don't show up in the attract mode like they do in DI. So you really only see it for a few seconds.

#8930 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I don't really get the point of the after game pictures.....they don't show up in the attract mode like they do in DI. So you really only see it for a few seconds.

If you make the leaderboard, the picture you take after you enter your initials shows up in the attract mode during the gallery of high scores.

#8931 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

As mentioned by others, it will certainly come up in attract mode. Also, I believe if you press the left flipper button 2 or 3 times during attract mode, it will cycle to the pictures scoreboard.

#8932 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Some newer version of Wonka code tries to suss out how tall you are when going into this mode. Make sure you're on the latest version and see if this is still having that issue.

I’m running the beta code now and it does it. Prior to the beta I was on the latest code and it still videos my chest during Oompa Loompa odyssey. The code version before that worked fine.

I’m thinking it’s a code deal.

It recognizes my face just fine when in settings mode. It only started this with the. Last two code changes.

#8933 2 years ago

Paul Madison was in and lit up Willy Wonka on his birthday.

DSC00530 (resized).JPGDSC00530 (resized).JPGDSC00531 (resized).JPGDSC00531 (resized).JPGDSC00532 (resized).JPGDSC00532 (resized).JPGDSC00533 (resized).JPGDSC00533 (resized).JPGDSC00534 (resized).JPGDSC00534 (resized).JPG
#8934 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is an insane score!!

#8935 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

wow! Was that beta code?

#8936 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

wow! Was that beta code?

I sure as hell hope so! I’m on 1.37. Can I upgrade to betas from it?

#8937 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I sure as hell hope so! I’m on 1.37. Can I upgrade to betas from it?

Yes, you need to have a wifi adapter to enroll into rhe beta and upgrade.

#8938 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

Simply opt in for beta updates from the advanced settings menu. Anyone can do this now.

#8939 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

I bought the three WiFi/USB items Lloyd recommended. Just need to find the post on how to use them to do updates.

#8940 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

wow! Was that beta code?

Yes. Bear in mind Paul is a world class tournament player.

#8941 2 years ago

Just need to find the post on how to use them to do updates.

Plug the WiFi dongle into the USB cable by the cashbox. Or plug the Wifi and Bluetooth dongles into the hub and then plug the hub into the USB cable by the cashbox.

Do a full install of the latest software, 1.38. Then go into Utilities - Network Settings - then do all the stuff the screen says. Terms and conditions. Pick the WiFi channel you'll use. Enter your password. Connect to WiFi.

#8942 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Bear in mind Paul is a world class tournament player.

Ahhh…that explains his world class score then!

I recently loaded the beta and have only hit 15M so far. I know I will do better.

Good to know that 81M is at least humanly possible. Perhaps not this human, but a human nonetheless!

#8943 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Plug the WiFi dongle into the USB cable by the cashbox. Or plug the Wifi and Bluetooth dongles into the hub and then plug the hub into the USB cable by the cashbox.
Do a full install of the latest software, 1.38. Then go into Utilities - Network Settings - then do all the stuff the screen says. Terms and conditions. Pick the WiFi channel you'll use. Enter your password. Connect to WiFi.

Thx Lloyd. To be clear, I can update to 1.38 (from 1.37) over wi-if? This actually requires a “full update”?

#8944 2 years ago

To be clear, I can update to 1.38 (from 1.37) over wi-if?

If network settings is in 1.37, then yes. Check your game. Then do the network settings stuff.

If not, then you need to do a full install of 1.38 using a USB stick.

#8945 2 years ago

Yay! Just got one and already love it. So fun! What are the absolute MUST mods for it?

0383398F-4E54-49B9-8EE5-DDE00A2DAA6C (resized).jpeg0383398F-4E54-49B9-8EE5-DDE00A2DAA6C (resized).jpeg
#8946 2 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Yay! Just got one and already love it. So fun! What are the absolute MUST mods for it?
[quoted image]

Congrats! It's a super fun game for sure!

Your question is a bit subjective, but I did a bunch of mods and made a series of videos, if it helps you at all.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/willy-wonka-gets-modded-video-series

#8947 2 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

[quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

The only must is adding some lighting. Game is too dark. I added 3 spotlights and made the game much more enjoyable.

#8948 2 years ago

#1 to me is shaker (SE?) #2 is lighting the back area with light strip or I think mezel mod and #3 is lighting up the back glass again I think mezel mod kit

Quoted from RDReynolds:

[quoted image]

#8949 2 years ago

anyone having issues with their captive ball getting stuck in the back of the channel because the plastic is hanging low? wondering if there is a way to increase the height of the plastic so it doesn't catch the ball? TIA.

IMG_4180 (resized).jpgIMG_4180 (resized).jpg
#8950 2 years ago

Anyone in the DC/MD area interested in a DI LE for Wonka trade? PM!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
11,000 (OBO)
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/179?hl=jamwin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.