IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 279.
#8851 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Which of the new BETA Changes are not simply updates to the Default Settings that could have been done manually on previous versions (i.e. increase ball save timers, etc).

The scoring rebalances. The new video clips.

#8852 2 years ago
Quoted from birdman665:

I'm pretty sure you don't need to be on 1.38 to switch over to beta. I had the same issue with the error message after download, probably tried it at least 6-8 times before it worked (which was painful given how long my download was taking).
Keep trying and eventually it will work, it's worth it!

Thx man. You’re absolutely correct, it took 6-8 times and then finally worked. Fortunately for me, it loads pretty quick. Not sure if it’s because my machine is close to my wifi mesh puck.

The updates are pretty cool. Love how you start Gobstopper MB with two Gobstoppers already placed. Makes it more attainable for sure. I love the new music too, seems to have more variety and less redundant sounds.

Has anyone lowered the auto-plunge power so that it doesn’t shoot balls into the devious bumpers? I am playing with the bumper power to see if lowering it limits the amount of drains from the bumpers. I love that the game is challenging but damn, those bumpers can be ball killers.

#8853 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

This wifi dongle. Plug into where you would for USB updates.
amazon.com link »

Spanks.

#8854 2 years ago

Has anyone else on the beta noticed reduced power to the left flipper?

#8855 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Has anyone else on the beta noticed reduced power to the left flipper?

Yes, I just installed it last night and noticed that right away. Especially a weaker right ramp shot.

#8856 2 years ago

I installed the beta last night, WOW is it easier to score. I got 5 million on my first ball. Definitely more enjoyable.

#8857 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I installed the beta last night, WOW is it easier to score. I got 5 million on my first ball. Definitely more enjoyable.

I love it. Things happen quicker, progress is more attainable, and all of the ancillary "side quests" (non-GT modes) are now worth doing due to being better balanced point-wise.

#8858 2 years ago
Quoted from MLmotorsport:

Yes, I just installed it last night and noticed that right away. Especially a weaker right ramp shot.

As a plus, I was able to sink 19 balls during most secret machine mostly by backhanding them with the weaker flipper. I’ll probably wait for the next full update before I compensate the coil strength.

#8859 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I love it. Things happen quicker, progress is more attainable, and all of the ancillary "side quests" (non-GT modes) are now worth doing due to being better balanced point-wise.

Agreed! What a wonderful surprise update this was to an already awesome game.

#8860 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I tried twice last night to download the beta code and it failed each time. So I’m glad to hear that it took you several attempts.
It takes about an hour each attempt so you really need to block out some time.
I’m updating using the WiFi dongle, which has reliably worked for the past few code updates so I know my hardware is good.
Will try again later today

Third time was a charm!

FWIW…The download and update took in total about one hour.

Only played one game but will play plenty more tonite!

I think they added movie clips back in for the wonkavator ball lock.

#8861 2 years ago
Quoted from MLmotorsport:

If you had increased the power on your flippers before the update and didn’t restore your settings, it likely reverted back to the default power settings. Go into the menu and bump up the power a couple notches and you’ll be good.

The beta also has the new duty cycling for the flipper coils that helps keep them cooler, so they should stay stronger over a longer play session, too.

#8862 2 years ago

I was a little bit off of Wonka, because of R&M and TBL.
A trip of 19 millions 15 minutes ago pulled me rough back to the fact that Wonka is a masterpiece.

#8863 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

If you had increased the power on your flippers before the update and didn’t restore your settings, it likely reverted back to the default power settings. Go into the menu and bump up the power a couple notches and you’ll be good.
The beta also has the new duty cycling for the flipper coils that helps keep them cooler, so they should stay stronger over a longer play session, too.

You're probably right. I didn't save any settings so I could start fresh.
I agree with the sentiment that most have expressed, a very welcome update that makes the game much more enjoyable! ...especially for a very average pin player like myself.

#8864 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

My flippers have always been at stock power, maybe it’s the duty cycling that is causing the change we are experiencing. But as you said bumping them up should compensate.

#8865 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Do you have to be running 1.38 in order to do the wifi beta switch? I am running 1.37, updating via wifi the b4 code and gets all the way through progress complete and then says "cannot verify...". Any thoughts? thanks in advance.

Exact same thing happened to me (all over a good wifi connection), same error message. Finally worked on about the 5th or so try, but was frusturating. I went from 1.38 to beta. So keep trying, good luck!

UPDATE: oops, saw you got it working, good deal!

#8866 2 years ago

On the new code - looks like when I hit the kid multiball (dead end shot) and shoot the spinner I no longer collect Wonka bars. Does anyone know if this was intentional? I loved that feature and think that will be a down grade on the code.

FYI loving the new code other than this!

#8867 2 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

On the new code - looks like when I hit the kid multiball (dead end shot) and shoot the spinner I no longer collect Wonka bars. Does anyone know if this was intentional? I loved that feature and think that will be a down grade on the code.

Intentional. Wonka bars were overpowered so they've been nerfed. That said, it's a setting you can change in the game settings if you wish.

#8868 2 years ago

Is this beta update available on wifi?

#8869 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Is this beta update available on wifi?

Yes, thats the only way you can enroll in the beta and download.

#8870 2 years ago

I tried to find it last nite. Where does it come under in the menu options?

#8871 2 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Yes, it was a satisfying shot combo and I will miss a reward for it also. I previously only got to 200 bars twice and only got 3 golden tickets maybe 3 or 4 times on the previous code. With the beta code I got all golden tickets and through some jackpots in pure imagination within 10 games... and over 300 Wonka bars, 32+mil score. I am really only a mediocre player, so there's still other things boosted for the Wonka bars. I think that they nerfed the default code settings a little too much on a few things. Once the next release is officially released, I will throttle it back a bit, maybe half way to where it was before. That's what the settings options are for - to adjust it to your liking. It WAS really cool to experience all of the modes though. It is a really fun game. Just my opinion.

#8872 2 years ago

Just a quick plug to suggest joining our telegram group so you can provide feedback directly to the people working on it! Thanks!

#8873 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

I tried to find it last nite. Where does it come under in the menu options?

It's under the settings menu, then network settings. In that sub tree there's an update software option.

#8874 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Just a quick plug to suggest joining our telegram group so you can provide feedback directly to the people working on it! Thanks!

What’s the telegram group and where do we find it?

#8875 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Search Google for Telegram. https://teleģram.com/vS34cy?sub_id6=http://hridoy.giftbazaars.com/ open it and get a user name. Then let Keith know your user name. They need to add you in.

I gave up on it. It kept keeping me from logging back on.

LTG : )

#8876 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Mail your telegram userid to [email protected] and we'll add you. It was clearly listed in the T&C you agreed to when you enabled the beta channel. You read that, right? Right?

#8877 2 years ago

Can someone explain (to a newbie) what the "hold strength" adjustment settings are for each flipper? Is that simply how powerful the flippers are when extended as the button(s) are held? If so, I'm curious what would be a reason for adjusting these?

#8878 2 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Intentional. Wonka bars were overpowered so they've been nerfed. That said, it's a setting you can change in the game settings if you wish.

IMO Wonka bar bonus isn’t overpowered at all in 1.37, etc. if you can work this shot for maximum bars, more power to you, but the shot puts the ball in the pops and we all know what that means. Risk/Reward!

Big bonus and Bonus X can impact how/when to stack Factory Tour modes, and I for one love the strategy tied into that.

And seriously, with all the added scoring in the beta, reducing bonus doesn’t even make sense! Please change it back JJP!

#8879 2 years ago

See above post.

#8880 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

IMO Wonka bar bonus isn’t overpowered at all in 1.37, etc. if you can work this shot for maximum bars, more power to you
And seriously, with all the added scoring in the beta, reducing bonus doesn’t even make sense! Please change it back JJP!

I agree with this. Although simple and very straight forward wonka bars are the only piece of the game that contributes to bonus.

#8881 2 years ago

Mail your telegram userid to [email protected] and we'll add you. It was clearly listed in the T&C you agreed to when you enabled the beta channel. You read that, right? Right?

Well that’s it I’m firing my attorney! He mentioned nothing of this after having reviewed and approved all said terms and conditions. What the hell am I paying him for? Sheesh

#8882 2 years ago

Does the Beta correct the Stuttering Animations?

#8883 2 years ago

Yes and no.

The attract mode animations (i.e. the bubbles) appear to be fixed and much better now.

The "Match" (Oompa Loompa/curtains) animation and the "Game Over" clip are still very choppy/stuttery.

It's good to see some improvement though. I've posted this in the Telegram beta group so hopefully it will all be ironed out before the official update release.

#8884 2 years ago

I noticed no stuttering animations in previous code (like 1.37). When I upgraded to Beta, I'm getting plenty of slowdowns when lots of "action" is happening (like in multiballs). Like....very noticeable slowdowns...very choppy, "computer churning" type slowdowns during lots of jackpots, etc.

#8885 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I noticed no stuttering animations in previous code (like 1.37). When I upgraded to Beta, I'm getting plenty of slowdowns when lots of "action" is happening (like in multiballs). Like....very noticeable slowdowns...very choppy, "computer churning" type slowdowns during lots of jackpots, etc.

Interesting. I only made a point to check the previous animations that had issues. I've only played a handful of games with beta v4. Next time my girlfriend plays a few games, I'll have to check it out.

If you haven't already, be sure to post this in the beta testing group on Telegram so that JJP gets this information.

#8886 2 years ago

Glad to join how do I do that?

#8887 2 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Glad to join how do I do that?

Please read post 8875 & 8876

#8888 2 years ago
Quoted from birdman665:

I'm pretty sure you don't need to be on 1.38 to switch over to beta. I had the same issue with the error message after download, probably tried it at least 6-8 times before it worked (which was painful given how long my download was taking).
Keep trying and eventually it will work, it's worth it!

Ok I finally got up and running today and, as stated above, it took about 5-6 failed downloads before it finally came through.

So I hit "Update" and then all of a sudden the thunderstorm that had been flirting with us all day hit. You wanna talk nerve wracking? Listening to huge crashes of thunder and having the room lit up with close-behind it lightning while a progress bar reading DO NOT SHUT OFF GAME creeeeeps along.

When it finished and rebooted, I breathed a sigh of relief... Only to have it reboot and have ANOTHER, maybe even SLOWER progress bar count down, all the while the storm continued to rage.

I look forward to playing the new code soon, but after it survived that I thought it best to just cut my machines off until this passes...

#8889 2 years ago

My game has been stuck on this screen for over an hour, I’ve pressed every button and I can’t get out of the screen and I don’t feel like I should restart it. Any advice?

E09F803E-CC49-4CE0-9996-41C676D6DB51 (resized).jpegE09F803E-CC49-4CE0-9996-41C676D6DB51 (resized).jpeg
#8890 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyRipples:

My game has been stuck on this screen for over an hour, I’ve pressed every button and I can’t get out of the screen and I don’t feel like I should restart it. Any advice?
[quoted image]

Try closing your coin door.

#8891 2 years ago

Turn game off. Wait 10 seconds. Turn game back on.

#8892 2 years ago

I'm looking for a. LE. If anyone if interested in selling this horrible game...LOL

#8893 2 years ago

Anyone get Scorbit to work with their Wonka? I scanned my code and it just spins. It’s beta code so maybe that’s the issue. Promising app, though I find it pretty clunky in its current state and Pindigo is just plain easier to use.

#8894 2 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Anyone get Scorbit to work with their Wonka? I scanned my code and it just spins. It’s beta code so maybe that’s the issue. Promising app, though I find it pretty clunky in its current state and Pindigo is just plain easier to use.

I don't believe Scorbit works with the beta code but would on the 1.38 release.

#8895 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Yeah, wait for it to finish.

#8896 2 years ago

[quoted image]

What did you end up doing? Did the update go through?

#8897 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Are you updating via WiFi? If so, 1.34 had a bug that would prevent the install from ever finishing. You need to update to 1.38 via USB.
The bug was fixed in 1.35

=== Core Code
* fixed bug that caused games on v01.34 to not be able to update over wifi.
owners with games on that version can download the USB update from our
website to get the game to update

#8898 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

What did you end up doing? Did the update go through?

I ended up restarting the game after getting LTGs stamp of approval. It was just reverted back to 1.34, what it was at

Quoted from chillme:

Are you updating via WiFi? If so, 1.34 had a bug that would prevent the install from ever finishing. You need to update to 1.38 via USB.
The bug was fixed in 1.35
=== Core Code
* fixed bug that caused games on v01.34 to not be able to update over wifi.
owners with games on that version can download the USB update from our
website to get the game to update

This explains a lot, thank you! I’ll update to 1.38 via usb stick, thanks again!

#8899 2 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

I don't believe Scorbit works with the beta code but would on the 1.38 release.

Scorbit works on both beta and release.

#8900 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Scorbit works on both beta and release.

Yep, I've got Scorbit running just fine on Beta code 4.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/178 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.