IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 279.
#8801 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You need to go into "advanced" in the network settings and opt in to betas. Then it will show up as an available download.

Thanks

#8802 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm going to redo the tutorial to update it for 2.0, and also do it without dropping any curse words so it can be a family-friendly version.
However that will not be today, I'm busy!

I for one enjoy the cursing in the original and request an encore!

#8803 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I for one enjoy the cursing in the original and request an encore!

Any folks on the beta chat group with JJP able to ask for option to increase ball save times in multiballs? Its so brutal for the kids when they get into Gobstopper MB and ball save is over in like 5 seconds. thanks! Best game ever and going to attempt 2.0 beta now!

#8804 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Any folks on the beta chat group with JJP able to ask for option to increase ball save times in multiballs? Its so brutal for the kids when they get into Gobstopper MB and ball save is over in like 5 seconds. thanks! Best game ever and going to attempt 2.0 beta now!

2.0 increases the ball save times on the multiballs

#8805 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

It sounds like they just made the game easier to score?
Even the top players on here seem to be around the 10mm mark.. JJP games dont score as high as other manufacturers.. which I actually like..

Easier to score yes, but that's not why I enjoyed it so much more. It's being able to get deeper into the game and play with modes that I might rarely get to experience. The rules are deep and complex and to play so many different modes on the same ball was super fun. I don't really care about the score, just used it as an example of how much deeper I got into it. It seems well balanced, now I think I have to relearn the rules because it seems there are many strategies one could use in different situations.

#8806 2 years ago

I’ve tried a few times today to update to beta 4 from 1.38, via WiFi. Each time, the update downloads but fails to verify. Is there a work around for this via USB?

#8807 2 years ago
Quoted from janus:

After playing mine for almost two years, my highest score was ~7,000,000. First game with the Beta, ~19,000,000, three golden tickets and I had a ton of fun. For those players who are not great players, such as myself, this new code is awesome. There is alot more video synced up with the audio and the magnets and shaker are much more involved in gameplay in a very good way.
Well done JJP!!!

Ditto. I've had my Wonka LE for about the same amount of time and could never get a single Golden Ticket (beyond the free one.) Three games in to the new code and I got one! It was like a new game -- so many modes that went by the boards because I couldn't focus them down: Wonka Wash, World Record Gum Chewing, Storeroom, Wonka's office to name a few.

The code cuts the points for Wonka bars in half (from 500 to 250) and takes away the super spinner wonka bar shot (from the kid multiball lane.) But in doing so, it opens up the other modes for scoring by increasing their points and timers. If I were an operator, I'd love that the casual player will get a decent chance of seeing these modes after dropping a few bucks.

#8808 2 years ago

Im sure its been stated, but what do i do if the wifi update is frozen for hours? Ive let it sit now for 3 hours and nothing. Just restart? Will i have to start from scratch now and fully install the game?

#8809 2 years ago

I'd try that first.

LTG : )

#8810 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd try that first.

ok will do. was hoping youd answer hehe. ill try USB next time

#8811 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

For future code update: While in Kid Multiball it would be great if the Wonkavision screen would show you whether you have collected each Kid's jackpot shot. Now, if you go in with 3 or more kids you have to look up to main screen to see if the shot counted and if you miss it, you won't know whether it counted or not until you are out of the MB. Thank you.

Just want to acknowledge the folks at JJP for hearing our requests and coming through! Love that this has been brought into the new beta code! And the new animations, movie footage, shaker use, and scoring....beyond my expectations. Everyone in the house is playing tonight and have a blast! Thank you!

#8812 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Awesome stuff?

Agreed and I'm still on code 1.34..I also think dialed in feels like what a modern b/w pin wld be if they were still around.

Agree with this. I think 10 years from now DI is gonna be regarded as a modern classic that people missed out on. Just like WW is fast becoming.

#8813 2 years ago

Well dam.. I need to get a wifi dongle so I can get this new awesome code from the sounds it. And yes wonka and di are amazing pins and my top 2 ever ..... potc is also good but I love the way wonka and di play and the code is more easily understood.

#8814 2 years ago

Wonka is amazing. So underrated. I feel the magic every time I play. Dialed in looks fun but the theme is sooooo lame. ‍♂️

#8815 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Well dam.. I need to get a wifi dongle

Here is what I use :

WiFi :
https://www.microcenter.com/product/604932/tp-link-archer-t2u-nano-ac600-nano-wireless-usb-adapter <https://www.microcenter.com/product/604932/tp-link-archer-t2u-nano-ac600-nano-wireless-usb-adapter>

Bluetooth :
https://www.microcenter.com/product/426849/asus-usb-bt400-usb-20-bluetooth-40-adapter <https://www.microcenter.com/product/426849/asus-usb-bt400-usb-20-bluetooth-40-adapter>

USB Hub :
https://www.microcenter.com/product/485912/inland-4-port-usb-31-(gen-1-type-a)-hub---black <https://www.microcenter.com/product/485912/inland-4-port-usb-31-(gen-1-type-a)-hub---black>

If you want to plug both dongles into the USB cable by the cashbox, get the USB Hub too.

#8816 2 years ago

Skill shot question... Running 1.38LE- When going for the super skill shot (holding left flipper) if the ball goes into the saucer from the plunge- why is that skill shot awarded?

Shouldn’t going for the super skill shot cancel out the 2 easier skill shots?? “You get nothing” would fit here.

It seems odd there is no penalty for going for the super skill shot....

#8817 2 years ago

The new scoring on the Beta is bonkers!

67D881CF-26B2-4398-BBEF-F6DD6B54E918 (resized).jpeg67D881CF-26B2-4398-BBEF-F6DD6B54E918 (resized).jpeg
#8818 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

The new scoring on the Beta is bonkers! [quoted image]

That is bonkers. Our long standing GC was 17 mil and the wife surpassed that on her first game on the beta. Im enjoying it so far though.

#8819 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

The new scoring on the Beta is bonkers! [quoted image]

Yes it is! My dad normally doesn't break 500k and got 10mil pretty quickly. Will be fun to update strategies and hope it's balanced well now.

#8820 2 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Skill shot question... Running 1.38LE- When going for the super skill shot (holding left flipper) if the ball goes into the saucer from the plunge- why is that skill shot awarded?
Shouldn’t going for the super skill shot cancel out the 2 easier skill shots?? “You get nothing” would fit here.
It seems odd there is no penalty for going for the super skill shot....

Weird.. it must been changed or something bc it does exactly what u said it don't for me lol.. only thing is it don't say the quote everytime but more like once every 4-5 times or so...

#8821 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Here is what I use :
WiFi :
https://www.microcenter.com/product/604932/tp-link-archer-t2u-nano-ac600-nano-wireless-usb-adapter <https://www.microcenter.com/product/604932/tp-link-archer-t2u-nano-ac600-nano-wireless-usb-adapter>
Bluetooth :
https://www.microcenter.com/product/426849/asus-usb-bt400-usb-20-bluetooth-40-adapter <https://www.microcenter.com/product/426849/asus-usb-bt400-usb-20-bluetooth-40-adapter>
USB Hub :
https://www.microcenter.com/product/485912/inland-4-port-usb-31-(gen-1-type-a)-hub---black <https://www.microcenter.com/product/485912/inland-4-port-usb-31-(gen-1-type-a)-hub---black>
If you want to plug both dongles into the USB cable by the cashbox, get the USB Hub too.

What’s the Bluetooth used for? Wireless headphones maybe? Thanks for the links

#8822 2 years ago

My hesitation to download the beta is pushing my GC score up astronomically high; they throttle the scoring back down on the alpha and now my GC is unattainable.

#8823 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

My hesitation to download the beta is pushing my GC score up astronomically high; they throttle the scoring back down on the alpha and now my GC is unattainable.

first world problem.

#8824 2 years ago

Super secret skill shot = hold left flipper and plunge like starting super skill shot -> camera ramp -> factory ramp -> gobstobber ramp -> Wonkavision scoop

#8825 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Super secret skill shot = hold left flipper and plunge like starting super skill shot -> camera ramp -> factory ramp -> gobstobber ramp -> Wonkavision scoop

Did not know this! Cool!

Quoted from bigd1979:

Weird.. it must been changed or something bc it does exactly what u said it don't for me lol.. only thing is it don't say the quote everytime but more like once every 4-5 times or so...

Are you running 1.37?

Ex: Hold left flipper(attempting super skill shot) but miss and ball goes into saucer and you’re awarded the basic skill shot.

Anyone else have this happen?

Edit- I played a couple games and it’s working correctly.. Which got me thinking this possible “bug” happened when I had a 3 player game going Friday night... Or it’s not a bug and maybe letting go of the left flipper soon enough might award the basic skill shot if it goes into saucer? Either way- Flip on fellas, hope everyone has a nice day.

#8826 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Backup your scores before you update. Not a problem-

#8827 2 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

What’s the Bluetooth used for? Wireless headphones maybe?

Yes.

#8828 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

That just happened to me. Loving the beta so far!

#8829 2 years ago

Ok need to try beta now……

#8830 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

first world problem.

Ha! Very true

#8831 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Backup your scores before you update. Not a problem-

Backing up my high scores would merely carry the beta GC score over to the alpha update. So the problem would persist.

#8832 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Backing up my high scores would merely carry the beta GC score over to the alpha update. So the problem would persist.

I didn’t back up my scores when going from 1.38 to the Beta and they were still there.

#8833 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Not if you backup before the beta install and do a restore later. That’s the point of a backup.

#8834 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Not if you backup before the beta install and do a restore later. That’s the point of a backup.

Ahhh there ya go. That makes sense. Thanks

#8835 2 years ago

Scores are relative. You can reset them with any code update to mitigate your concern.

#8836 2 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Scores are relative. You can reset them with any code update to mitigate your concern.

Very true! I may still wait for the alpha I think.

#8837 2 years ago

What do I need to purchase to do this wifi update?

#8838 2 years ago

Do you have to be running 1.38 in order to do the wifi beta switch? I am running 1.37, updating via wifi the b4 code and gets all the way through progress complete and then says "cannot verify...". Any thoughts? thanks in advance.

#8839 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Very true! I may still wait for the alpha I think.

Software guy here. The “alpha” already happened.

Alpha is a first cut (usually barely working) version of a software product.

Beta is when it transitions from “ok I think it works, let’s get it out to real people and see what I missed.”

The next step is general release once the beta period is deemed successful.

#8840 2 years ago

I'd be shocked if the GA release(post-beta) reverts scoring back to how it was. You are safe to upgrade my friend

#8841 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I'd be shocked if the GA release(post-beta) reverts scoring back to how it was. You are safe to upgrade my friend

Now if they would just boost the scoring in POTC the same way...

#8842 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Software guy here. The “alpha” already happened.
Alpha is a first cut (usually barely working) version of a software product.
Beta is when it transitions from “ok I think it works, let’s get it out to real people and see what I missed.”
The next step is general release once the beta period is deemed successful.

Well there’s my “learn one new thing” for today!

Thanks Derek!

#8843 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

After your feedback and Derek’s clarification on alpha code, I think I just might upgrade to beta!

Thanks guys!

#8844 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is there is no way they sold 5000 units, but rumor has it they stopped production on Wonka's so I wouldn't hold my breath on getting one anytime soon. That doesn't mean at some point they won't do another run, but its anyones guess. Their pretty busy pumping out GNR's and they have their next title I assume they want to launch this year...

I reached out to a dealer just to see about any availability (either NIB or used). The answer was, of course, no, but he told me that he thought JJP was planning on making more WW and probably around end of year. I don't know how likely that is, but just wanted to share what I was told.

#8845 2 years ago

I just loaded Beta Build 4 on my Wonka LE with no problems at all. After just a couple of games I have seen several new video clips and audio bits. The scoring is more generous and the fun factor is way up! I highly recommend giving this a try as it really freshens the game experience.

EDIT: Yes, it automatically saved my scores and settings. Update is very easy to do. Thanks JJP!

#8846 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What do I need to purchase to do this wifi update?

This wifi dongle. Plug into where you would for USB updates.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PB1X4CN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_S8JXGSYBDDWEN1T9PH8J

#8847 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Do you have to be running 1.38 in order to do the wifi beta switch? I am running 1.37, updating via wifi the b4 code and gets all the way through progress complete and then says "cannot verify...". Any thoughts? thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to be on 1.38 to switch over to beta. I had the same issue with the error message after download, probably tried it at least 6-8 times before it worked (which was painful given how long my download was taking).

Keep trying and eventually it will work, it's worth it!

#8848 2 years ago

I noticed a bug with beta 4. During multiball if you sink 2 balls in the gobstopper hole at the same time they won’t eject back to the shooter lane. The coil never even tries to elect them. Even a ball search won’t fire the coil to eject them. If you manually eject them by opening the coin door and hitting the coil spring manually and resume your game all works as it should. This has happened on more then one game.

#8849 2 years ago

Which of the new BETA Changes are not simply updates to the Default Settings that could have been done manually on previous versions (i.e. increase ball save timers, etc).

#8850 2 years ago
Quoted from birdman665:

I'm pretty sure you don't need to be on 1.38 to switch over to beta. I had the same issue with the error message after download, probably tried it at least 6-8 times before it worked (which was painful given how long my download was taking).
Keep trying and eventually it will work, it's worth it!

I tried twice last night to download the beta code and it failed each time. So I’m glad to hear that it took you several attempts.

It takes about an hour each attempt so you really need to block out some time.

I’m updating using the WiFi dongle, which has reliably worked for the past few code updates so I know my hardware is good.

Will try again later today

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,600 (OBO)
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/177?hl=birdman665 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.