IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,937 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 279.
#8751 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

It would be cool if they would add that option in the next code update. I usually only have time at night to play 1 or 2 games. I hate having to shut it down with 2 in the lock. It would be nice to fire up the game the next night and have 2 locks ready to roll.

I completely agree and always wanted them to stay. Its cool for someone to walk by the machine, see two balls up there and want to give it a go to add the 3rd...

#8752 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

They are carried over game to game, but not when you power off. I don't believe there's a way to adjust it in settings. Leave the game on and play until the super locks are used....

On the SE the virtual lock is carried over to next game even after being powered off. Just played mine and only had to lock one ball to start it when I locked two yesterday. I remembered it carrying over before when I read your post but had to make sure before I posted.

#8753 2 years ago

2 questions for everyone:
1. Can someone snap a photo of the code displaying during bootup screen. The one where it shows the memory and everything.
2. Where is the RAM chip located on the game?

#8754 2 years ago

My buddy does these and they are STUNNING.

Totally getting one when someone finally sells me a Wonka SE!

https://etsy.me/3pfrpzr

#8755 2 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

My buddy does these and they are STUNNING.
Totally getting one when someone finally sells me a Wonka SE!
https://etsy.me/3pfrpzr

I think I need one of those...

#8756 2 years ago

What is the latest code #?

#8757 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

I had a similar issue and was able to correct it by loosening the four screws holding the coil on ramp, and slightly adjusting the position (in my case, pivoting it slightly) and then re-tightening the screws. Although the screws didn't appear loose at all, I'm guessing the coil had moved just ever so slightly enough that the diverter wasn't pushing the ball in the right place. I did also check the screw under the coil and that was tight as could be. Hopefully this helps you.

Thanks! So I checked the screw under the diverter and tightened it (was already pretty darn tight). But it still behaving inconsistently. I loosened the screws holding the diverter and pushed the whole housing towards the front of machine. Can you elaborate on the "pivot"? Do you recall what angle etc? Many thanks!

#8758 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

On the SE the virtual lock is carried over to next game even after being powered off. Just played mine and only had to lock one ball to start it when I locked two yesterday. I remembered it carrying over before when I read your post but had to make sure before I posted.

FYI, I was looking through the settings and you can make the ball lock NOT carry over if you want. I assume this is part of the tournament mode settings as to not give one player an advantage.

#8759 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

#8760 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

You can always check on jeresyjackpinball.com - under Support - under Willy Wonka.

The Beta Build is up to 4 if you enabled that in Network Settings.

LTG : )

#8761 2 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

Is the main playing difference between the standard and LE the Wonkavator super ball lock? Is this a major add for the LE and warrant the price jump? What does the ball do in the standard in comparison? I can live with the other differences (art, glass, shaker). Thanks

IMO, the LE upgrades are not worth the extra 2 grand (or more). You can (and should) add a shaker motor for a couple hundred. The virtual ball lock actually makes for a better flow, and with the money you save you could buy another machine (or at least a good chuck of a new one). The blue powder coat is nice but not 2 grand more nice. No offense to LE owners, it just wasn't justified to me.

#8762 2 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

IMO, the LE upgrades are not worth the extra 2 grand (or more). You can (and should) add a shaker motor for a couple hundred. The virtual ball lock actually makes for a better flow, and with the money you save you could buy another machine (or at least a good chuck of a new one). The blue powder coat is nice but not 2 grand more nice. No offense to LE owners, it just wasn't justified to me.

Wow -so glad I went for a CE instead of an LE now. Thanks!

#8763 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can always check on jeresyjackpinball.com - under Support - under Willy Wonka.

Just for fun I enabled the Beta builds. I am running 1.38 which installed wirelessly without a hiccup. However, the beta versions download, but each time errors out saying the build cannot be verified.

Also, NEVER had this happen on a single player game, but first time I played a 4 player game on 1.38 there were three false occurances of the Gobstopper lock registering a ball. Just randomly happened and even started an "unearned" Gobstopper multiball for me (family accused me of rigging the machine at that point!) I am guessing there must be a touchy switch or sensor (dirty optical sensor maybe?). Funny enough it has not happened again on single player games, but I am guessing that is just a coincidence. Thoughts?

#8764 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thanks LTG......I'm running Beta 3 but just checked and 4 is not available to me. Is JJP rolling out Beta's on a limited or individual games (owners) basis?

#8765 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffster:

Thanks LTG......I'm running Beta 3 but just checked and 4 is not available to me. Is JJP rolling out Beta's on a limited or individual games (owners) basis?

I occasionally check in my machine for software updates. It said it was there so I installed it.

Maybe Beta 4 was removed ?

I haven't noticed any issues with it.

#8766 2 years ago

FYI - 5th time's the charm: update to Beta 3 worked tonight. No Beta 4 available to me.

#8767 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

FYI - 5th time's the charm: update to Beta 3 worked tonight. No Beta 4 available to me.

Any animation improvements with Beta 3?

#8768 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Any animation improvements with Beta 3?

Did a quick visual check this morning: no changes, still stutters a bit.

#8769 2 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Id disagree with that. The Powder Coating, Invisiglass ($300), Shaker, better Side Art cabinet decal and Backglass Image (Personal Preference), headphone connection with external volume control, High Gloss UV Decals... and then the physical ball lock which adds a bit of a light show.

Maybe its me but all those extras warrant $2k... And the blue powder-coating is beautiful!

#8770 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Id disagree with that. The Powder Coating, Invisiglass ($300), Shaker, better Side Art cabinet decal and Backglass Image (Personal Preference), headphone connection with external volume control, High Gloss UV Decals... and then the physical ball lock which adds a bit of a light show.
Maybe its me but all those extras warrant $2k... And the blue powder-coating is beautiful!

I agree. I went back and forth between SE and LE, went with the LE and wish I got the CE. Such a great game.

#8771 2 years ago

I'm surprised this hasn't been discovered yet!

If you haven't opted into beta updates you might want to consider it. A -huge- 2.0 update for Wonka just dropped.

The long and short of it is difficulty and balance changes and I can attest it makes the Wonka you love even better.

Wonka 2.0.pdfWonka 2.0.pdf
#8772 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If you haven't opted into beta updates you might want to consider it. A -huge- 2.0 update for Wonka just dropped.
The long and short of it is difficulty and balance changes and I can attest it makes the Wonka you love even better.[quoted image]

So need to do this thanks.

#8773 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So need to do this thanks.

Slowing down in your old age. I did this hours ago.

#8774 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The long and short of it is difficulty and balance changes and I can attest it makes the Wonka you love even better.[quoted image]

Wow.... any bugs in the code or play ok?

#8775 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Wow.... any bugs in the code or play ok?

Well it's beta, and beta means you might find bugs...but I think it plays great!

#8776 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Did a quick visual check this morning: no changes, still stutters a bit.

Dang. Thanks for checking.

#8777 2 years ago

For those running the new Wonka 2.0 in the open beta, a few new Candy Kodes have been added (featuring cameos from the 2.0 beta testers).

I've updated the Candy Kodes FAQ with the new ones if you want to check them out: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pinball/262547-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory/faqs/78127

#8778 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

For those running the new Wonka 2.0 in the open beta

Where/how do I find this?

#8779 2 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Where/how do I find this?

You need to have an USB wifi adapter installed. Then in settings under network, you can enable the beta downloads/install. Once the beta is enabled, the pin will download and install the beta.

#8780 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

These are great changes, including a few (like the Kid Multiball carryover) that I had adjusted via custom settings anyway. This is a challenging enough game as it is but the difficulty really locked a lot of good content out for most owners.

This has convinced me to pick up a wireless dongle and try out the beta feature.

#8781 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

You need to have an USB wifi adapter installed. Then in settings under network, you can enable the beta downloads/install. Once the beta is enabled, the pin will download and install the beta.

Sweet, thank you

#8782 2 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

These are great changes, including a few (like the Kid Multiball carryover) that I had adjusted via custom settings anyway. This is a challenging enough game as it is but the difficulty really locked a lot of good content out for most owners.
This has convinced me to pick up a wireless dongle and try out the beta feature.

Let me know how that works.. With all the recent talks of update issues, id rather wait it out until its 100% issue free...

#8783 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

For those running the new Wonka 2.0 in the open beta, a few new Candy Kodes have been added (featuring cameos from the 2.0 beta testers).
I've updated the Candy Kodes FAQ with the new ones if you want to check them out: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pinball/262547-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory/faqs/78127

Ok, i know i read about this a while ago.. but what are Candy Kodes and what do they do?

#8784 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Let me know how that works.. With all the recent talks of update issues, id rather wait it out until its 100% issue free...

Agreed. Fingers crossed that the next official update irons out most (if not all) of the issues.

#8785 2 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

It really is terrific. It makes the major goals achievable, and the side quests worth doing.

#8786 2 years ago

After playing mine for almost two years, my highest score was ~7,000,000. First game with the Beta, ~19,000,000, three golden tickets and I had a ton of fun. For those players who are not great players, such as myself, this new code is awesome. There is alot more video synced up with the audio and the magnets and shaker are much more involved in gameplay in a very good way.

Well done JJP!!!

#8787 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It really is terrific. It makes the major goals achievable, and the side quests worth doing.

Waiting patiently for your twitch steam and youtube upload explaining the differences!

#8788 2 years ago
Quoted from janus:

After playing mine for almost two years, my highest score was ~7,000,000. First game with the Beta, ~19,000,000, three golden tickets and I had a ton of fun. For those players who are not great players, such as myself, this new code is awesome. There is alot more video synced up with the audio and the magnets and shaker are much more involved in gameplay in a very good way.
Well done JJP!!!

It sounds like they just made the game easier to score?

Even the top players on here seem to be around the 10mm mark.. JJP games dont score as high as other manufacturers.. which I actually like..

#8789 2 years ago

Im loving the new code! This is easily my favorite JJP game. Its there best shooting and funnest coded game yet. Its been the only game they have made that makes me feel like im playing a 2020(date on my game) Williams but with deep code. I think its slowly creeping up to be my favorite game of all time.

What do you guys consider the perfect stack to setup if you could?

#8790 2 years ago

Has anyone put on the Slingshot Mylar protector set that came with the game? I bought mine used and noticed they were not installed and wondered what the consensus was on whether they are worth installing? If they are, are they similar to the slingshot protectors offered by Titan?
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=135

#8791 2 years ago

Anyone know if you can update via WiFi from 1.38 to beta 4? Just tried and got an failed to verify error message.

#8792 2 years ago

Awesome stuff?

Quoted from Phbooms:

Im loving the new code! This is easily my favorite JJP game. Its there best shooting and funnest coded game yet. Its been the only game they have made that makes me feel like im playing a 2020(date on my game) Williams but with deep code. I think its slowly creeping up to be my favorite game of all time.
What do you guys consider the perfect stack to setup if you could?

Agreed and I'm still on code 1.34..I also think dialed in feels like what a modern b/w pin wld be if they were still around.

#8793 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Awesome stuff?

Agreed and I'm still on code 1.34..I also think dialed in feels like what a modern b/w pin wld be if they were still around.

You should jump on the beta code! I havent found any glitches in the beta yet. Honestly I only have about 20 games on DIs but it did shoot nice to compared to the rest of there lineup. Ive owned all but DI and POTC so far but would glady own a DI to give it a try. I was very hesitant on getting a Wonka until SDTM did there review and they were totally right on this game. The SDTM out of the pop bumpers isnt bad as made out to be once you get use to being ready for it and that was my only fear. Really its my favorite PL design easily and might take MMr place as my favorite game to play soon if I could just get more then 3 tickets but Im on my way there now especially with the new easier code. I play in the dark so PinStadiums really work well with this game being the GIs suck stock unless you play in a lit up room.

#8794 2 years ago

Agreed, Wonka is the best JJP game to date! Love it!

#8795 2 years ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Has anyone put on the Slingshot Mylar protector set that came with the game? I bought mine used and noticed they were not installed and wondered what the consensus was on whether they are worth installing? If they are, are they similar to the slingshot protectors offered by Titan?
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=135

Im interested in this also. I just noticed my set in my coin box. I recently ordered mylar washer kit from PinMonk for the upper posts in the slings since its the only spots I have a touch of clear pooling but now you got me wondering if the mylar for slingshots would cover the same area and work better.

#8796 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Waiting patiently for your twitch steam and youtube upload explaining the differences!

I'm going to redo the tutorial to update it for 2.0, and also do it without dropping any curse words so it can be a family-friendly version.

However that will not be today, I'm busy!

#8797 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Agreed, Wonka is the best JJP game to date! Love it!

Hell yeah man! Coming from you means alot considering your collection history. Ive only owned 4 out of the 6 but youve had them all and multiple versions.

#8798 2 years ago

I love Wonka. I’ve owned about 20 pins over the years, and this is my number 1. I don’t really even care for the theme, it’s just so deep and there is such a great balance of flow and depth. So fun to play.

#8799 2 years ago

I just connected to WiFi and I downloaded 1.38 now where can I find the beta code?
Thanks

#8800 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I just connected to WiFi and I downloaded 1.38 now where can I find the beta code?
Thanks

You need to go into "advanced" in the network settings and opt in to betas. Then it will show up as an available download.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 32.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
$ 25.50
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 13,937 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/176?hl=daveyvandy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.