IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 278.
#8701 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I don’t think there is risk turning them up. Even if the coils went bad (got too hot), I think they can be replaced for $20 each. It would not be something I’d worry about, no chance of causing damage unless a fire starts! Now outside of multiball, i could notice the extra power, bricked my saucer shot a few times but you get used to it quickly.

Awesome thanks for the insight.

Also, want to make sure to thank zaphX , I meant to cite his original recommendation of +2 but it didn’t grab his post thread so want to give him a shout out as well for the recommendation and gameplay videos. Hobbyist’s sharing and helping in meaningful ways is what make this a great hobby so thanks to both of y’all.

#8702 2 years ago

Another thing you can do is throw on some Super Band flipper rubbers. I just changed mine out (with the red translucent ones) due to some annual maintenance, and to my surprise the strength of my lower flippers drastically increased - to the point that I had to turn the flipper strength setting DOWN from where I had it.

#8703 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Awesome thanks for the insight.
Also, want to make sure to thank zaphX , I meant to cite his original recommendation of +2 but it didn’t grab his post thread so want to give him a shout out as well for the recommendation and gameplay videos. Hobbyist’s sharing and helping in meaningful ways is what make this a great hobby so thanks to both of y’all.

Hey man I'm glad I was able to help Thanks for letting me know.

#8704 2 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

To close out my own issue. I talked with JJP support and after making sure the mech wasn't loose, I reseated all the opto connections, but that didn't help. What did solve my issue was doing a full install of the 1.37 software. Some form of software gremlins evidently.

Thanks for sharing. I have an issue that has been present on all code levels so far. If someone shuts the game off or opens the coin door in anything but attract mode, when the game is powered back on, or coin door shut, the gobstopper turns and then gets stuck and makes a loud buzzing sound. Need to go into settings, rotate it back to normal spot. Then its fine. Anyone else have this happen? Its more a nuisance than anything but I do worry the gobstopper life may be reduced with this happening so often.

#8705 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hey man I'm glad I was able to help Thanks for letting me know.

You're a help to many

#8706 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Another thing you can do is throw on some Super Band flipper rubbers. I just changed mine out (with the red translucent ones) due to some annual maintenance, and to my surprise the strength of my lower flippers drastically increased - to the point that I had to turn the flipper strength setting DOWN from where I had it.

Red rubber baby. Makes those flippers come alive. Plus, that’s what Lawler intended.

#8707 2 years ago

Just noticed v1.38 is available now. Going to test it out and see if the animation issue(s) were fixed. Fingers crossed.

#8708 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Just noticed v1.38 is available now. Going to test it out and see if the animation issue(s) were fixed. Fingers crossed.

here's the changes.

==============================================================================
== Version 01.38 May 17, 2021 ==
== ISO MD5 Checksum: daf690776a9b4c343e717966b6f903e9 ==
== DELTA MD5 Checksum: 69270a05db4a53d44462faad3b9f2c95 ==

- note: this is available in a "full" install release and
in a "delta" upgrade, which can be installed over v01.34, v01.35,
v01.36, and v01.37

=== Core Code
* fixed bug that stopped session files from being sent to scorbit
+ enhanced Camera Diagnostic screen with basic camera adjustments. added test
picture capability
* various other bug fixes and improvements

#8709 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

here's the changes.
== Version 01.38 May 17, 2021 ==
== ISO MD5 Checksum: daf690776a9b4c343e717966b6f903e9 ==
== DELTA MD5 Checksum: 69270a05db4a53d44462faad3b9f2c95 ==
- note: this is available in a "full" install release and
in a "delta" upgrade, which can be installed over v01.34, v01.35,
v01.36, and v01.37
=== Core Code
* fixed bug that stopped session files from being sent to scorbit
+ enhanced Camera Diagnostic screen with basic camera adjustments. added test
picture capability
* various other bug fixes and improvements

Yes, I read the logs too. Doesn't say much that could potentially be a fix other than "various other bug fixes and improvements"

#8710 2 years ago

Just tested it out. That's a big no-go on the animation fix. Still as choppy as ever. Time to go back to v1.33. *sigh*

EDIT: Just Tweeted about this to JJPSoftware. Here's the Tweet. https://twitter.com/jamesdeanny/status/1394399676321853440?s=20

#8711 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Just tested it out. That's a big no-go on the animation fix. Still as choppy as ever. Time to go back to v1.33. *sigh*
EDIT: Just Tweeted about this to JJPSoftware. Here's the Tweet. https://twitter.com/jamesdeanny/status/1394399676321853440?s=20

I added a comment to your tweet, you made a fair case with the video, I doubt they would have had time to figure it out in time for this release, but perhaps the next one.

#8712 2 years ago

Play style question: does anyone use the two-stage feature of the flipper buttons during play to not activate the upper flippers? I mash the heck out of the buttons every time which activates the upper and lower, but seems easier to time the shots with a firm press. Curious if anyone has improved their scores by mastering a more finessed technique, or if it just a bit of a wasted feature.

#8713 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Play style question: does anyone use the two-stage feature of the flipper buttons during play to not activate the upper flippers? I mash the heck out of the buttons every time which activates the upper and lower, but seems easier to time the shots with a firm press. Curious if anyone has improved their scores by mastering a more finessed technique, or if it just a bit of a wasted feature.

It's useful for trapping balls on the bottom flippers while making shots with the top ones.

#8714 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's useful for trapping balls on the bottom flippers while making shots with the top ones.

Aaah, that makes perfect sense, thx

#8715 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Every time I try this, it causes a state of panic and the resultant flailing sends the balls down south. More practise required.

#8716 2 years ago

so the diverter on left ramp that drops the ball down to the left upper flipper has been really inconsistent. It sometimes drops it smoothly but more often now it is a slow delayed drop which changes timing of shooting from the flipper. May be happening more this way when the ball is coming slowly around ramp. Anyone have suggestions for how to make the diverter drop the ball more consistently?

#8717 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Anyone have suggestions for how to make the diverter drop the ball more consistently?

First thing I'd check that underneath the coil isn't loose, check the screw holding it.

LTG : )

#8718 2 years ago

Looking to join the club with an SE within 5 hours of Indianapolis...

#8719 2 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Looking to join the club with an SE within 5 hours of Indianapolis...

Good luck, LOVE my SE, truly a special and spectacular game!

#8720 2 years ago

Deleted

#8721 2 years ago

Deleted

#8722 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

FOUR days go by...not a word.

Relax Veruca...

#8723 2 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Relax Veruca...

But I want JJP to fix their sh*t NNNOOOOOOAAAAWWWW!

#8724 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

FOUR days go by...not a word.
Then today, this is the response I get. Great attitude and customer service from JJP. I love that I've been "dealt with." [quoted image]

No need to spam this here when you have a dedicated thread for "OMG CHOPPY ATTRACT MODEZ"

#8725 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No need to spam this here when you have a dedicated thread for "OMG CHOPPY ATTRACT MODEZ"

Yeah I realized I posted in the wrong thread and quickly removed them. Not sure why people are still seeing them now. Does it take a while for posts to be removed or is the "drain this post" trash button not the right way to delete a post?

Edit: Nevermind. I guess the drain button just hides the post for that user rather than deleting the post. Learned something new.

#8726 2 years ago

Just gonna leave this here: I’m on 1.37 and have no idea what this “choppy video.” is. My Wonka plays perfectly. And I love it.

#8727 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Just gonna leave this here: I’m on 1.37 and have no idea what this “choppy video.” is. My Wonka plays perfectly. And I love it.

I don't see it either, even in those slowed down videos. I guess that's a blessing!

#8728 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

For reference, I documented it here. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-v137-update-choppy-animations

Quoted from zaphX:

I don't see it either, even in those slowed down videos. I guess that's a blessing!

Yes, consider yourselves lucky! Not everyone has the OCD eye that I do. I'm glad you don't notice it - I wish I never had.

#8729 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

For reference, I documented it here. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-v137-update-choppy-animations

Yes, consider yourselves lucky! Not everyone has the OCD eye that I do. I'm glad you don't notice it - I wish I never had.

I don’t notice it either - but maybe because I’m watching the ball and not the monitor.

#8730 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I don’t notice it either - but maybe because I’m watching the ball and not the monitor.

To each their own. I like to look at the monitor throughout my games to see what's going on, what shots I've made/need, my score and whatnot. I also enjoy watching it a lot more as a spectator when other people are playing - it's a lot of fun to catch things I tend not to while I'm playing. The monitor is a major component of the game for me and so I definitely notice when things aren't running 100%. Of course, that's just me.

#8731 2 years ago

I for one am glad you bring this up. I see it on my game and would like it fixed. It doesn’t bother me that much but can see it. I just think this type of feedback is good for both owners and the software update folks at jjp

Quoted from jimbodeanny:

To each their own. I like to look at the monitor throughout my games to see what's going on, what shots I've made/need, my score and whatnot. I also enjoy watching it a lot more as a spectator when other people are playing - it's a lot of fun to catch things I tend not to while I'm playing. The monitor is a major component of the game for me and so I definitely notice when things aren't running 100%. Of course, that's just me.

#8732 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Ok now

220456B6-6F3E-4E9D-A24E-D94E869E78FF (resized).png220456B6-6F3E-4E9D-A24E-D94E869E78FF (resized).png
#8733 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I for one am glad you bring this up. I see it on my game and would like it fixed. It doesn’t bother me that much but can see it. I just think this type of feedback is good for both owners and the software update folks at jjp

Thank you. I agree!

#8734 2 years ago

The only glitching I’ve seen is during Wonka Bar accumulation, at the various gates. This has been on every version of code IIRC.

#8735 2 years ago

Hoping someone can help me out...I am potentially joining the club soon and need to know the max height of the machine folded (no legs). My Ford Explorer at times can be the worst pin hauler as the height on the tailgate opening is less than other, smaller SUVs I've had. I've moved Stern, BW (Indiana Jones), and others no issue but I think maybe this would be a bit taller and don't want to drive three hours and come home empty handed.

Any help is appreciated!

#8736 2 years ago

If you can get that in there, Wonka is fine.

#8737 2 years ago

Did the latest update reduce VUK powers? All of a sudden my wonkavator VUK and post-go stopper lock VUK (that kicks into the shooter lane from up higher) are struggling (taking 2-3 attempts). Totally new issue never happened before (and happened at the same time so thinking update). Checked all hardware under the playfield and is tight.

Thanks!

#8738 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Did the latest update reduce VUK powers?

It shouldn't have. Go into Settings - Coils - increase them.

#8739 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

My concern was more the height...

Quoted from LTG:

I hope so.

I know when I loaded a DESW it was a SUPER tight fit for some reason. Really weird.

#8740 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Did the latest update reduce VUK powers? All of a sudden my wonkavator VUK and post-go stopper lock VUK (that kicks into the shooter lane from up higher) are struggling (taking 2-3 attempts). Totally new issue never happened before (and happened at the same time so thinking update). Checked all hardware under the playfield and is tight.
Thanks!

Same here, I tried the beta version and noticed a random VUK knock during attract mode, so reinstalled the 1.37, problem solved. Now,
All of the VUK powers seem reduced, so increased each 1-2 until no more issue.

#8741 2 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Same here, I tried the beta version and noticed a random VUK knock during attract mode, so reinstalled the 1.37, problem solved. Now,
All of the VUK powers seem reduced, so increased each 1-2 until no more issue.

Easy-Peasy. Just glad I’m not the only one or I would have been more worried. Thank you!

#8742 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

100% agreed. I consider it a minor issue that does not impact gameplay, but it is something certainly worth mentioning and that JJP should address (and they should want to figure out why this happened so it doesn't have a more serious impact down the road for this or other games). It is more noticeable to me than some (not all) of the playfield issues that people are so upset about.

#8743 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

100% agreed. I consider it a minor issue that does not impact gameplay, but it is something certainly worth mentioning and that JJP should address (and they should want to figure out why this happened so it doesn't have a more serious impact down the road for this or other games). It is more noticeable to me than some (not all) of the playfield issues that people are so upset about.

Thanks, man. I appreciate it.

#8744 2 years ago

Is the main playing difference between the standard and LE the Wonkavator super ball lock? Is this a major add for the LE and warrant the price jump? What does the ball do in the standard in comparison? I can live with the other differences (art, glass, shaker). Thanks

#8745 2 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

Is the main playing difference between the standard and LE the Wonkavator super ball lock? Is this a major add for the LE and warrant the price jump? What does the ball do in the standard in comparison? I can live with the other differences (art, glass, shaker). Thanks

Quoted from wisemanbba:

Yes, I believe that is the only "playing" difference. For the standard, it is a virtual lock that happens (on screen?).

But I will say, the LE blue powder-coat is beautiful!

#8746 2 years ago

Virtual lock doesn’t mess with flow at all. There is a lock that appears on the screen. I have a standard with invisiglass, shaker, sideblades, Pinstadium UV lights and mods on the playfield.

It’s better than a STERN LE, this pin is a major player in any form: SE, LE, or CE

#8747 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

so the diverter on left ramp that drops the ball down to the left upper flipper has been really inconsistent. It sometimes drops it smoothly but more often now it is a slow delayed drop which changes timing of shooting from the flipper. May be happening more this way when the ball is coming slowly around ramp. Anyone have suggestions for how to make the diverter drop the ball more consistently?

I had a similar issue and was able to correct it by loosening the four screws holding the coil on ramp, and slightly adjusting the position (in my case, pivoting it slightly) and then re-tightening the screws. Although the screws didn't appear loose at all, I'm guessing the coil had moved just ever so slightly enough that the diverter wasn't pushing the ball in the right place. I did also check the screw under the coil and that was tight as could be. Hopefully this helps you.

#8748 2 years ago

Is there any way to carry over the super locks in the Wonkavator or from game to game? It always dumps those balls on power up. I’d like to leave them in there. Is there a setting for that? I looked but didn’t see one.

#8749 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Is there any way to carry over the super locks in the Wonkavator or from game to game? It always dumps those balls on power up. I’d like to leave them in there. Is there a setting for that? I looked but didn’t see one.

They are carried over game to game, but not when you power off. I don't believe there's a way to adjust it in settings. Leave the game on and play until the super locks are used....

#8750 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

They are carried over game to game, but not when you power off. I don't believe there's a way to adjust it in settings. Leave the game on and play until the super locks are used....

It would be cool if they would add that option in the next code update. I usually only have time at night to play 1 or 2 games. I hate having to shut it down with 2 in the lock. It would be nice to fire up the game the next night and have 2 locks ready to roll.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/175?hl=tdavis7965 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.