IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 278.
#8601 2 years ago

How is everyone fixing the wheel switch that always gets stuck at the Gobstopper?

0DAFE9B5-BE82-4D7A-813B-9C8383B2A75E (resized).jpeg0DAFE9B5-BE82-4D7A-813B-9C8383B2A75E (resized).jpegC9033BEF-DE62-4EC2-8956-9427CCA93AFA (resized).jpegC9033BEF-DE62-4EC2-8956-9427CCA93AFA (resized).jpeg
#8602 2 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

How is everyone fixing the wheel switch that always gets stuck at the Gobstopper?

Check out zaphX posts #8237 and #8238

LTG : )

#8603 2 years ago

Keep having a issue with ball getting stuck on the gobstopper not really sure how to adjust picture shows normally were it sits any ideas thanks,

20210425_121501 (resized).jpg20210425_121501 (resized).jpg
#8604 2 years ago
Quoted from defonze88:

any ideas thanks,

Hard to tell in your picture. Is the base that turns sitting a little too high ? It should be level with the playfield.

Page C-34 in the manual. The big nylon nut #10 can be loosened and the base raised or lowered as needed.

#8605 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hard to tell in your picture. Is the base that turns sitting a little too high ? It should be level with the playfield.
Page C-34 in the manual. The big nylon nut #10 can be loosened and the base raised or lowered as needed.

Is the most secret machine supposed to turn that way?

#8606 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

That was my thought, it doesn’t look like it’s settling in the right position.

#8607 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That was my thought, it doesn’t look like it’s settling in the right position.

Quoted from fnosm:

I was going to say the same thing yesterday but then figured I was just wrong ha. Doesnt seem right..

#8608 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I was going to say the same thing yesterday but then figured I was just wrong ha. Doesnt seem right..

I don't want to spoil anything, but it is possible for that hole position to be valid during play--but only momentarily. It should not stay that way.

#8609 2 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

I don't want to spoil anything, but it is possible for that hole position to be valid during play--but only momentarily. It should not stay that way.

Interesting.. thanks..

#8610 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

If the electrical tape doesn't work out, let me know I'll print one up and send it to you.

Big thanks to DeeGor for the floppy gobstopper switch fix!

8023032E-7D51-4B83-80AC-006CF761C484 (resized).jpeg8023032E-7D51-4B83-80AC-006CF761C484 (resized).jpeg
#8611 2 years ago

Guys - wasn’t there a mod for the clear in front of the gobstopper? I believe a sticker or something that makes it look like proto? Also - I loved how they originally called kids mb brat mb. Too bad they weren’t allowed to keep it that.

#8612 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wasn’t there a mod for the clear in front of the gobstopper?

I believe so. Scroll through the gallery pictures for this thread should turn it up.

#8613 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys - wasn’t there a mod for the clear in front of the gobstopper? I believe a sticker or something that makes it look like proto? Also - I loved how they originally called kids mb brat mb. Too bad they weren’t allowed to keep it that.

Had a chance to play a proto in JJPs front office. I loved the language on the prototype. Such a shame it had to change. That'd be awesome if there was something to bring that back on our games.

#8614 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah search for "big points sticker." Personally I think it's kinda dumb because that insert doesn't always mean "big points" but ya know, mod life

#8615 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Had a chance to play a proto in JJPs front office. I loved the language on the prototype. Such a shame it had to change. That'd be awesome if there was something to bring that back on our games.

The writer's estate had them change things like brat to kid multiball. Pretty stupid in the big scheme of things
I wish all of these properties would work like Slash did to make GnR the best game possible.Having a pinball machine made of something you dreamed up would be the coolest!

#8616 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys - wasn’t there a mod for the clear in front of the gobstopper? I believe a sticker or something that makes it look like proto?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/36#post-5144203

Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah search for "big points sticker."

Thank you.

#8617 2 years ago

Decided to try to make a better quality video, highlighting some of the animations that are noticeably choppy. I used a direct HDMI capture so the clips in the video are taken straight from the game and unaltered. Hopefully, it illustrates what I'm seeing and people are able to notice it a little more. Then again, maybe it's just normal and something only my OCD is noticing.

I'm hoping others can confirm whether or not the dropped frames in these animations are normal or not. I never noticed it when I had v1.33 installed, but then again maybe it was there and I never noticed.

Best to watch fullscreen at 1080p.

#8618 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Decided to try to make a better quality video, highlighting some of the animations that are noticeably choppy. I used a direct HDMI capture so the clips in the video are taken straight from the game and unaltered. Hopefully, it illustrates what I'm seeing and people are able to notice it a little more. Then again, maybe it's just normal and something only my OCD is noticing.
I'm hoping others can confirm whether or not the dropped frames in these animations are normal or not. I never noticed it when I had v1.33 installed, but then again maybe it was there and I never noticed.

Yes, defiantly noticed a change from 1.35 to 1.37. Nothing that changes the game or the enjoyment of it. Have fun enjoy the game and a when a patch is available install it.

#8619 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Yes, defiantly noticed a change from 1.35 to 1.37. Nothing that changes the game or the enjoyment of it. Have fun enjoy the game and a when a patch is available install it.

Okay, good to know. You're right, it doesn't affect the gameplay. It's just annoying. I guess I'll deal with it until JJP fixes it.

#8620 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah search for "big points sticker." Personally I think it's kinda dumb because that insert doesn't always mean "big points" but ya know, mod life

That big points decal does nothing for me. “Big Points” as a concept is tired, and it’s not even true on WW. Plus, the biggest points in the game, as far as I can tell, don’t even occur at the Gobstopper.

#8621 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

I'm hoping others can confirm whether or not the dropped frames in these animations are normal or not

Hmm, definitely noticeable. I haven't upgraded yet (busy!), and mine certainly doesn't look like that. The curtain is also noticeably stuttering in the match animation, and as you say, the game over screen is very jittery. What's that all about? Agree with you on the OCD thing

#8622 2 years ago

What is the factory setting for the right outlane on this game? Is it all the way up (harder), middle or further down (easier)? I see diff setups in pics provided. Thanks

#8623 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What is the factory setting for the right outlane on this game? Is it all the way up (harder), middle or further down (easier)?

My LE came with it in the middle. I haven't moved it.

#8624 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What is the factory setting for the right outlane on this game? Is it all the way up (harder), middle or further down (easier)? I see diff setups in pics provided. Thanks

My left outlane post shipped in the lower position and the right one in the middle. I haven't moved either one.

#8625 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My left outlane post shipped in the lower position and the right one in the middle. I haven't moved either one.

Really? I’m pretty sure both right posts are all the way up on mine. But I bought mine second hand.

#8626 2 years ago

My left was all the way low and right middle.

#8627 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Sorry man. I’m not really seeing it. I’m going to go check out my game. Still on 1.33 and play them side by side.

#8628 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Hmm, definitely noticeable. I haven't upgraded yet (busy!), and mine certainly doesn't look like that. The curtain is also noticeably stuttering in the match animation, and as you say, the game over screen is very jittery. What's that all about? Agree with you on the OCD thing

Yeah, not sure why but the 1.37 update seems to have introduced these stuttering/choppiness to these animations. The animations act like they're dropping frames and/or a result of poor gpu performance. It's definitely there. Some people just notice it more than others I guess.

#8629 2 years ago

I feel like I saw some thing about this somewhere, but why does it seem like the flippers get weak during multiball? I could be thinking about another game but I sort of remember somebody talking about the magnets pulling all the power. Does that ring a bell or was I thinking of something else? Could just be getting hot.

#8630 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I feel like I saw some thing about this somewhere, but why does it seem like the flippers get weak during multiball? I could be thinking about another game but I sort of remember somebody talking about the magnets pulling all the power. Does that ring a bell or was I thinking of something else? Could just be getting hot.

I found that during multiballs the magnets suck power away from the flippers.

I believe my Wonka flippers are +2 from default, will check in the AM.

#8631 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I found that during multiballs the magnets suck power away from the flippers.
I believe my Wonka flippers are +2 from default, will check in the AM.

That’s what I saw (and the info I was looking for)I just couldn’t remember the fix. Had to be from one of your posts. Thanks!

#8632 2 years ago

Does anyone have v1.33 or v1.35 full install ISOs that they could share? I'm trying to go back to an older software, but JJP doesn't have them available on their site any more. JJP pretty much said there's nothing wrong with the animations (which is very disappointing) and so I want to go back to an older version of the software when this issue didn't exist.

Thanks!

#8633 2 years ago

I just realized that my shaker is not activating during game play. It test fine without issue. Is there a setting somewhere that I could check? Thanks.

#8634 2 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Is there a setting somewhere that I could check?

Settings - Coils - Maximum Shaker Strength. Can be from off to a lot.

#8635 2 years ago

Well, I was able to find the old v1.31 as well as two versions of v1.34. After a bunch of testing, here are my findings.

- v1.31 works flawlessly and all animations are buttery smooth (as expected)

- v1.34RC/v1.34 both have stuttering/jittery/choppy animations (much like 1.37)

- doing a delta upgrade from v1.34 to v1.37 proved no different than the full install, with choppy animations (as expected)

As I mentioned before, I've tried many things to improve the choppy animations.

- tried a new SSD
- tried different SATA cables and different ports on the motherboard
- tried a brand new 850w power supply
- replaced the old thermal paste on the cpu/cooler with new paste

I may try throwing in another 4GB stick of RAM to see if that helps improve things since the gpu is integrated on the motherboard and shares memory. Short of that, and/or maybe a faster cpu, I'm out of ideas. I have plenty of spare graphics cards, but since there's no real way to load drivers, things are limited to the onboard graphics. But in the end, this is clearly a software issue.

At this point, I'm hunting for the v1.33 install file as that was the version I had on prior to updating to v1.37 and things ran perfect. If anyone has or knows where I can get that update, please message me. Thank you! I'd also be curious to try v1.35 and v1.36 to see if those are any better. But for the time being, I will happily play with an older version of software until JJP gets it right.

#8636 2 years ago

Deleted post. Experienced that old issue .... between the chair and the keyboard!!!.

#8637 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Well, I was able to find the old v1.31 as well as two versions of v1.34. After a bunch of testing, here are my findings.
- doing a delta upgrade from v1.34 to v1.37 proved no different than the full install, with choppy animations (as expected)
- tried a new SSD
I may try throwing in another 4GB stick of RAM to see if that helps improve things since the gpu is integrated on the motherboard and shares memory. Short of that, and/or maybe a faster cpu, I'm out of ideas. I have plenty of spare graphics cards, but since there's no real way to load drivers, things are limited to the onboard graphics. But in the end, this is clearly a software issue.
At this point, I'm hunting for the v1.33 install file as that was the version I had on prior to updating to v1.37 and things ran perfect. If anyone has or knows where I can get that update, please message me. Thank you! I'd also be curious to try v1.35 and v1.36 to see if those are any better. But for the time being, I will happily play with an older version of software until JJP gets it right.

I appreciate your tenacity, I suspect its a software issue if the animations were smooth on 1.31... I dont think changing hardware will impact it.

#8638 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I appreciate your tenacity, I suspect its a software issue if the animations were smooth on 1.31... I dont think changing hardware will impact it.

Yeah, those are my thoughts as well. My OCD just keeps me poking around & experimenting while I wait.

#8639 2 years ago

Trying to help a neighbor out that has a Wonka. On the left outlane post, between outlane and left return lane, is there supposed to be a rubber ring? If so what size? Don’t see it in a manual.

#8640 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Settings - Coils - Maximum Shaker Strength. Can be from off to a lot.

Thanks. It was on medium so changed to high. When does the shaker activate during game play so I can test.

#8641 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

is there supposed to be a rubber ring? If so what size?

My game came with a tiny one. Looks to be 3/8 O.D.

#8642 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

My game came with a tiny one. Looks to be 3/8 O.D.

THANK YOU

#8643 2 years ago

I'm on 1.32 FW. Do I just do the full ISO install of 1.37?

oh and I upgraded to the CE!!!!! Pics to come. That's why I'm on old code now. Need that new code....

#8644 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm on 1.32 FW. Do I just do the full ISO install of 1.37?
oh and I upgraded to the CE!!!!! Pics to come. That's why I'm on old code now. Need that new code....

Yep. If you want choppy/stuttering animations, then do the v1.37 full install.

#8645 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Do I just do the full ISO install of 1.37?

If you want 1.37, Full Install is the only way for your game.

#8646 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

UPDATE:
- tried a new SSD

Quick update:

A fellow Pinsider was kind enough to share the Delta v1.33 update with me so I was able to test it (and go back to v1.33, which is what I wanted.)

As I expected v1.33 also works perfectly with buttery smooth animations. I'll be sticking to this version until JJP fixes the animations in a future update - hopefully.

#8647 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you want 1.37, Full Install is the only way for your game.

Thanks. All set. Played a few games and haven’t noticed stuttering but I will look out for it

Well I’ve upgraded to the CE.

Armor is very nice in person. LE sparkle is still gorgeous but I love the red too. Digging the additional speech from the original actress as old grandpa gets on my nerves. Gorgeous looking game

C3798E48-338A-4DEC-AA4D-DB53EBB70EF0 (resized).jpegC3798E48-338A-4DEC-AA4D-DB53EBB70EF0 (resized).jpeg

#8648 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Played a few games and haven’t noticed stuttering but I will look out for it

Consider yourself lucky because once you notice it, you can't unsee it I've seen a couple of other Wonkas with the newer software and they all have the same issue with the animations. As much as I like nearly all of the updates/changes, the dropped frames in the animations drive me nuts. I'm sure not everyone will notice. But I'll live with v1.33 for the time being.

If I'm feeling ambitious, maybe I'll make a side-by-side comparison video showing the difference. Although, I don't want to upset people once they see it the difference and notice it every time.

#8649 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Consider yourself lucky because once you notice it, you can't unsee it I've seen a couple of other Wonkas with the newer software and they all have the same issue with the animations. As much as I like nearly all of the updates/changes, the dropped frames in the animations drive me nuts. I'm sure not everyone will notice. But I'll live with v1.33 for the time being.
If I'm feeling ambitious, maybe I'll make a side-by-side comparison video showing the difference. Although, I don't want to upset people once they see it the difference and notice it every time.

Man! ILM, Pixar, or maybe James Cameron should hire you as a CGI QA guy, good golly that is an eye for detail! I am sincerely not doubting you here, but honestly I watched your clips and the only hiccup that was clear to me was the Game Over candy backgrounds at 2:16 mark. I know it would be a pain, but perhaps you could do some side by side video to help your case with JJP ... I assume the video from the game is 60FPS, so maybe slow both side-by-side feeds down to half or fourth speed to make the differences more obvious? Wish you luck on this, does sound like a software thing if you are seeing 1.33 as smooth, but glad my eyes aren't bothered by it though

#8650 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Man! ILM, Pixar, or maybe James Cameron should hire you as a CGI QA guy, good golly that is an eye for detail! I am sincerely not doubting you here, but honestly I watched your clips and the only hiccup that was clear to me was the Game Over candy backgrounds at 2:16 mark. I know it would be a pain, but perhaps you could do some side by side video to help your case with JJP ... I assume the video from the game is 60FPS, so maybe slow both side-by-side feeds down to half or fourth speed to make the differences more obvious? Wish you luck on this, does sound like a software thing if you are seeing 1.33 as smooth, but glad my eyes aren't bothered by it though

Hah, well my background is in film/TV production so I do have a trained eye for this kind of thing. But yes, the video is 60fps. It's definitely more noticeable in person. I'm sure part of the reason I noticed it was because I went from v1.33 to v1.37 and going from a perfectly smooth set of animations to the flawed ones in 1.37 was much more drastic than if I had done the update and not played it for a week.

If I'm feeling ambitious, maybe I'll make a side-by-side comparison. The "game over" screen is definitely one of the more noticeable animations.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/173?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.