IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,933 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 279.
#8551 2 years ago

It’s possible but you have to grind and mod the plastics,I guess I never thought about just removing.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8552 2 years ago

Anyone got any thoughts? Tried upgrading from 1.34 to 1.37 via the USB upgrade method through the menus and that fails and says no update found. I then tried the full install of 1.37 and the machine never recognizes the USB stick inserted on boot and just boots normal. USB stick lights up when plugged into it. This is also the same USB stick I used to upgrade not long ago to 1.34 via the full install method. I tried two other USB sticks for both methods for 1.37 and same thing happens - nothing.

#8553 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone got any thoughts? Tried upgrading from 1.34 to 1.37 via the USB upgrade method through the menus and that fails and says no update found. I then tried the full install of 1.37 and the machine never recognizes the USB stick inserted on boot and just boots normal. USB stick lights up when plugged into it. This is also the same USB stick I used to upgrade not long ago to 1.34 via the full install method. I tried two other USB sticks for both methods for 1.37 and same thing happens - nothing.

I think you need to be on 1.35 to use usb to get to 1.37

#8554 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

says no update found.

The game didn't see it on the stick - or not on the stick right.

Quoted from Vitty:

I tried two other USB sticks

8GB to 16GB ?

Quoted from Vitty:

the machine never recognizes the USB stick inserted on boot and just boots normal.

USB cable plugged into the motherboard ? Try a different USB port on the motherboard.

LTG : )

#8555 2 years ago

I’ve tried a few different sticks all 8GB now for both full upgrade and delta upgrade. Delta upgrade always said upgrade failed. Full upgrade never starts as though it doesn’t see my USB in at boot. I can save/load game settings to the USB though.

I did try upgrading from 1.34 to 1.37 via WiFi and it just stalled out forever. Saw on here after the fact that WiFi upgrades won’t work on 1.34. Maybe that mucked something up.

I’ve upgraded lots of JJP games so I’m familiar with the process. I’ll try a different USB port next.

#8556 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I did try upgrading from 1.34 to 1.37 via WiFi and it just stalled out forever. Saw on here after the fact that WiFi upgrades won’t work on 1.34. Maybe that mucked something up.

I just got my Wonka and it was on 1.31 and did USB full install to 1.37, no issues whatsoever. I think it's finicky USB sticks is usually the problem.

#8557 2 years ago

Yup was a finicky USB extension cable. Plugged it into the usb extension spot in the head and the delta upgrade worked no problem. Thanks all!

#8558 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

This is good to know. I have ruined so many sets of side blades that ive essentially given up. I often dont have anyone to help me remove the playfield....
I have a set for Wonka that i want to put in, maybe ill give it a try doing the wet method...
For the Factory Mod by Mezel, were you able to get that installed with the tubing pieces and all, with having the side plastic piece staying in place as well? I couldnt figure out how to do it and never installed it.

Have the same mod installed and it was a bitch getting the red piping fit onto the wire form. Had to take the wire form off, use channel locks to squeeze the wire form so the gap was small enough to insert each red piece, only to reconnect everything and the ball got stuck as it tried to roll out of the factory. Disassembled, took a file to the red pipe that inserts into the factory to make the opening bigger and reassembled. Now it works and everything fits nicely but was definitely one of the most challenging mods I have installed. Was afraid of bending the wire form too much and screwing it up.

#8559 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I’ve tried a few different sticks all 8GB now for both full upgrade and delta upgrade. Delta upgrade always said upgrade failed. Full upgrade never starts as though it doesn’t see my USB in at boot. I can save/load game settings to the USB though.
I’ve upgraded lots of JJP games so I’m familiar with the process. I’ll try a different USB port next.

Took me 4 different USB sticks to get it to work.

#8560 2 years ago

Haven’t turned this game on since I got my GnR. Flipped it on tonight and remembered how awesome it is. Played a few games and got a new GC. Funny how that happens when you step away from a game for a while.

5120203F-C9A5-49D9-B387-B02015E08294 (resized).jpeg5120203F-C9A5-49D9-B387-B02015E08294 (resized).jpeg
#8561 2 years ago

Ah, too bad you didn’t match. Always a bit of extra joy to GC and match! Nice score!

#8562 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Haven’t turned this game on since I got my GnR. Flipped it on tonight and remembered how awesome it is. Played a few games and got a new GC. Funny how that happens when you step away from a game for a while.
[quoted image]

How many Golden Tickets did you get? 1?

#8563 2 years ago

One story Re: my first time updating a JJP.

I updated 1.33 to 1.37. Used a reformatted 8gb usb stick. Plugged it into the machine, looked like something started happening, maybe 10 seconds pass, and then the machine just booted up normally. I figured it couldn’t have actually booted up, but played a few games anyway, just to see if anything was different. Nope.

I thought “uh-oh”, am I going to have issues here? But then I reseated the USB stick and tried again, and voila, it worked.

So make sure the stick is seated well.

#8564 2 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

How many Golden Tickets did you get? 1?

2. Oompah loom pan odyssey and the gobstopper one.

#8565 2 years ago

Wonka gets the most plays in my lineup and that's saying something! I've begun to deep dive on the game and am working on the kids at the moment. It appears you can qualify a kid, collect a kid, and complete a kid....if I got that right. What do you get for collecting and completing? Is it just the kid multiball on collecting? Does completing boost the score?

#8566 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Wonka gets the most plays in my lineup and that's saying something! I've begun to deep dive on the game and am working on the kids at the moment. It appears you can qualify a kid, collect a kid, and complete a kid....if I got that right. What do you get for collecting and completing? Is it just the kid multiball on collecting? Does completing boost the score?

Collecting = ready for Kid MB. Completing = multiplier on jackpots in Kid MB. More completed kids = higher jackpot threshold for all the kids in the MB.

#8567 2 years ago

I keep on cashing out Wonka’s Office too soon! Can someone please outline the objectives?

#8568 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

[quoted image]

Surely that match animation has to be one of the best in all of pinball!

#8569 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Have the same mod installed and it was a bitch getting the red piping fit onto the wire form. Had to take the wire form off, use channel locks to squeeze the wire form so the gap was small enough to insert each red piece, only to reconnect everything and the ball got stuck as it tried to roll out of the factory. Disassembled, took a file to the red pipe that inserts into the factory to make the opening bigger and reassembled. Now it works and everything fits nicely but was definitely one of the most challenging mods I have installed. Was afraid of bending the wire form too much and screwing it up.

Wow, maybe ill just leave this off and/or sell it down the road..

#8570 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I keep on cashing out Wonka’s Office too soon! Can someone please outline the objectives?

I do also.. need some feedback on how to raise the jackpot

#8571 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

I agree. It’s pretty clever!

#8572 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

My buddy cjchand called it "The Oompa Loompa Kama Sutra!"

#8573 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I do also.. need some feedback on how to raise the jackpot

Making enough jackpot shots (values displayed on screen) will light the collect and the risk shot. Certain shots are worth more depending on difficulty.

Be aware of
1. The collect/finish(usually much brighter than the rest)
2. The continue/risk shot (always the gobstopper) by continuing all points carry over.

Each time you choose to risk it, more shots are needed to either collect/finish or risk again.

#8574 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Easier is not better IMO! haha

agree but nice to have the option. We still are using factory settings because we like the difficulty. But if that could be fine-tuned through option to increase ball save time it would be nice.

#8575 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Naw man, it's a cool mod and worth installing. A lot of these mods are 3D printed so there's likely different variances from batch to batch, which is probably why mine didn't fit without manipulating it and squeezing the wire forms. You'll know pretty quickly how snug the tunnel sections are on the wife form, which will determine how hard it is to install. Worth a try cuz it's a nice mod.

#8576 2 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Making enough jackpot shots (values displayed on screen) will light the collect and the risk shot. Certain shots are worth more depending on difficulty.
Be aware of
1. The collect/finish(usually much brighter than the rest)
2. The continue/risk shot (always the gobstopper) by continuing all points carry over.
Each time you choose to risk it, more shots are needed to either collect/finish or risk again.

Does the “collect/finish” shot rotate? That might explain my confusion.

#8577 2 years ago

I thought the collect shot was always the camera ramp shot from upper right flipper

#8578 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Collecting = ready for Kid MB. Completing = multiplier on jackpots in Kid MB. More completed kids = higher jackpot threshold for all the kids in the MB.

This is helpful but I'm confused on how you actually complete a kid. Let's use Mike. I know cyan shots will allow you to qualify. How do you then collect him and also complete him? I believe part of the answer is to hit more cyan shots so maybe that's collect? Or is that complete?

#8579 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This is helpful but I'm confused on how you actually complete a kid. Let's use Mike. I know cyan shots will allow you to qualify. How do you then collect him and also complete him? I believe part of the answer is to hit more cyan shots so maybe that's collect? Or is that complete?

All collects are done at the captive ball. Completes vary by kid:

Mike = make cyan shots after qualifying (I think it's 3)
Augustus = make red shots (right ramp then left orbit) after qualifying
Violet = GUM targets after qualifying
Charlie = Complete Fizzy mode successfully
Veruca = Complete Good egg mode successfully

If you haven't seen it yet check out my Kid Multiball deep dive on YouTube!

BTW nice appearance on Zach's show, I enjoyed it.

#8580 2 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I thought the collect shot was always the camera ramp shot from upper right flipper

Not always, I’ve had the collect be the right inner loop.

Yes, it seems to.

#8581 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

All collects are done at the captive ball. Completes vary by kid:
Mike = make cyan shots after qualifying (I think it's 3)
Augustus = make red shots (right ramp then left orbit) after qualifying
Violet = GUM targets after qualifying
Charlie = Complete Fizzy mode successfully
Veruca = Complete Good egg mode successfully
If you haven't seen it yet check out my Kid Multiball deep dive on YouTube!
BTW nice appearance on Zach's show, I enjoyed it.

Awesome! This is helpful. I've been catching-up on your videos so I'll def look for that one.

And thanks (re: TPN podcast) - we were trying to make it entertaining.

#8582 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Shout out to this guy (dinkyflix) for these mod install videos. Found them very helpful. Thanks!

Quoted from delt31:

I might need to get the Wonkavator now too b/c of this.
Save me a bunch of time replacing the smoke stack by unscrewing the two underneath.
This game has some of the best pinball mods. That left ramp factory mod by Mezel with the wheel that turns is one of my favs. Just waiting on some from modcouple/yelobird. His flipper topper and side grass is great.

Thanks! Glad they were a little helpful!

Off topic, I haven't been on here for months and just yesterday discovered that the 1.37 update existed. (I was still on 1.33). I did the full install of 1.37 and things appeared okay. The settings menu showed v1.37 installed and the game plays. However, I've been noticing that most of the animations seem a little choppy/sluggish - especially the bubbles in the attract mode. I've also noticed the scrolling Wonka bars (after draining a ball) seem to stutter a little too. I'm not sure if this is an issue or if I'm just noticing it now because of the update and I'm looking everything over under a microscope. I was going to try to reinstall v1.33 but now I can't seem to find ANY older versions of the software available online.

Here's a video that showing some of the animations that appear to stutter. I understand that it may be difficult to notice in the video. It's almost like dropped frames. Again, I'm not sure if this is normal or not. Perhaps some of you can confirm?

Also, the game now seems to boot a bit differently than before. I don't get the same type of *thump* as before and I think I'm seeing some different POST codes before getting to the normal POST/loading screen. Here's a video of the boot process. Can anyone confirm if this is normal?

I'm hoping this is all in my head, but if not, I want to get it fixed/corrected.

Thanks!

-Jim

#8583 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Can anyone confirm if this is normal?

That is normal after one of the updates.

#8584 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is normal after one of the updates.

Good to know. Thanks! So it should boot like this every time, correct?

I still am curious about the choppy(ier) animations. I just played a few games and the match/gameover animation seems noticeable bad, but I really don't have a basis for comparison.

#8585 2 years ago

For clarity about wonka's office, the collect shot doesn't rotate, it's the same 3 shots... once you've completed the shot requirement each level, you can either continue or collect at one of the three (they're displayed on the LCD) and each one has a multiplier associated. The kid target will always be 3x, for example. The camera ramp will always be 2x. I don't know what the other one is off the top of my head because who cares about 1x lol.

#8586 2 years ago

Guess I’ll have to remove the glass. I’ll clean the game while I’m at it.

#8587 2 years ago

It shows the Wonka’s Office objectives on the Wonkavision (and the big backbox display but that’s less convenient when you’re flipping). Here’s a snapshot.

D6685EB9-F2EB-42D9-BC01-F93270D7F486 (resized).jpegD6685EB9-F2EB-42D9-BC01-F93270D7F486 (resized).jpeg
#8588 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

So it should boot like this every time, correct?

Unless other updates change it, yes.

#8589 2 years ago

I had the -04 plastic piece make an appearance in the middle of my PF today. To clarify, does this actually need to be replaced? And if so, since mine is still under warranty, JJP should replace I would think.

Is the -04 piece the one that sits on top of the captive ball channel?

TIA.

#8590 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

It shows the Wonka’s Office objectives on the Wonkavision (and the big backbox display but that’s less convenient when you’re flipping). Here’s a snapshot.
[quoted image]

I almost never have a chance to look at either screen while playing...

#8591 2 years ago

Hope this helps

#8592 2 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

For clarity about wonka's office, the collect shot doesn't rotate, it's the same 3 shots... once you've completed the shot requirement each level, you can either continue or collect at one of the three (they're displayed on the LCD) and each one has a multiplier associated. The kid target will always be 3x, for example. The camera ramp will always be 2x. I don't know what the other one is off the top of my head because who cares about 1x lol.

When I am playing Wonkas office I get to a point and he screams he knew Charlie would do it. The flippers quit working, the ball drains, I get about 1/2 million points and then it pops the ball out in the shooter lane as the same ball (turn). I am running the older code. I have no idea how I win this
Wonkas office.

Sounds like I need to look up at the screen and see what I need to shoot to complete a bit quicker instead of getting screamed at "I get nothing" when I drain.

#8593 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

When I am playing Wonkas office I get to a point and he screams he knew Charlie would do it. The flippers quit working, the ball drains, I get about 1/2 million points and then it pops the ball out in the shooter lane as the same ball (turn). I am running the older code. I have no idea how I win this
Wonkas office.
Sounds like I need to look up at the screen and see what I need to shoot to complete a bit quicker instead of getting screamed at "I get nothing" when I drain.

Sounds like you completed it, but that you want to run the mode longer...

#8594 2 years ago

Anyone else getting dropped frames in the animations (i.e. they're choppy/sluggish) after updating to v1.37? I'm noticing it particularly in the match "game over" screen as well as the bubbles during the high score screens in the attract mode. I've done the full install twice now but it acts the same. Game plays fine. It's only the animations that appear affected as the video clips are fine.

I was going to try going back to v1.33 but none of the older versions appear to be available.

Edit: I'll also add that the extra ball oompa loompa animation is noticeably choppy as well. It's almost as if the update affected the gpu performance. Very strange.

Edit: Just spoke to the KingPin games (where I bought my LE) and they're contacting JJP. Hopefully it's nothing major and is simple to resolve. I'll post in here when I have an update.

#8595 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Sounds like you completed it, but that you want to run the mode longer...

I kinda want to know how I am finishing it. What does it take to finish it, other the flaring around for a while?

#8596 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

I had the -04 plastic piece make an appearance in the middle of my PF today. To clarify, does this actually need to be replaced? And if so, since mine is still under warranty, JJP should replace I would think.
Is the -04 piece the one that sits on top of the captive ball channel?
TIA.

please see this post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/168#post-6232588
call nate at jjp if you don't have access to a 3d printer.
my original post with .stl file is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby/page/4#post-6002196

r/
Mike

#8597 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Sell it. The mod is crap and will break sooner than later. Prior owner had it installed when I bought the game and every piece eventually cracked, broke, fell off, etc. Only piece I have remaining on the game is the white machine cover deal.

Friend of mine just bought the mod brand new for his game - several days later a piece broke. I was over last night and watched as another piece broke off on to the playfield when playing. Just a hunk of shit mod. Apparently they are giving him a hard time about refunding him too.

#8598 2 years ago

Thank you! Exactly what I needed! Did JJP create videos like this for every mode?

#8599 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Sell it. The mod is crap and will break sooner than later. Prior owner had it installed when I bought the game and every piece eventually cracked, broke, fell off, etc. Only piece I have remaining on the game is the white machine cover deal.
Friend of mine just bought the mod brand new for his game - several days later a piece broke. I was over last night and watched as another piece broke off on to the playfield when playing. Just a hunk of shit mod. Apparently they are giving him a hard time about refunding him too.

Good to know, thanks. I honesty didn't like how hard it seemed to go on when I tried briefly. Im not in love with the mod like some people are... Probably sell down the road.

#8600 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Good to know, thanks. I honesty didn't like how hard it seemed to go on when I tried briefly. Im not in love with the mod like some people are... Probably sell down the road.

I have the mod installed and used some clear gorilla tape on the outer edges to keep the tubes connected to the pipes. It’s not visible when playing. It shifts when I lift the play field sometimes and I need to reseat the clear pieces, so it’s a little high maintenance but it’s not a complete fail in my case. It looks great and the movement of the valve handle when the ball passes through is very cool and everyone that sees it loves the detail. Just one opinion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,933 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/172?hl=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.