IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,940 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 279.
#8501 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I’ve yet to find a POTC that was set up well and everything worked properly.......the mechs look fun but if they don’t work what’s the point? Definitely the bottom of my personal JJP list but I also would never pay 2x or more for any title over the retail, that’s just nonsense.

Mine has worked with no issues. All the toys...

Now the aftermarket chest mod does need to be tweaked ever now and then but that's not standard..... Although so worth it

#8502 2 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

How do I get Wifi’d?

If you have WiFi in your house or business. Go into Utilities - Network Settings - follow the instruction to connect to your WiFi.

Then go in the network settings again and go to the update part and do what the screen says.

LTG : )

#8503 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you have WiFi in your house or business. Go into Utilities - Network Settings - follow the instruction to connect to your WiFi.
Then go in the network settings again and go to the update part and do what the screen says.

You also need a Wi-Fi USB adapter plugged in to your game.

#8505 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The other big weakness in DI is that SIM card shot. It's broken. No skill, just luck and I don't want to hear it's about how it's setup. It's not. Owned many - they all are jank. If the shot wasn't so important, I wouldn't mind but it's a design flaw in a otherwise, amazing design.

I couldn’t agree with this more. I could deal with the theme. But I could not deal with this. I got rid of this game because of the SIM shot alone. Absolute luck to hit that shot, and it’s SOOOO important. Such a shame.

#8506 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I couldn’t agree with this more. I could deal with the theme. But I could not deal with this. I got rid of this game because of the SIM shot alone. Absolute luck to hit that shot, and it’s SOOOO important. Such a shame.

Funny. That's the reason I love it.

#8507 2 years ago

Different strokes for...something something...

#8508 2 years ago

There should be another way to complete the sim,maybe combos or something difficult but skill instead of the lucky sim shot,I can hit the shot off the flipper buts it’s not easy and frustrating,I love it though,you like magnet action there is nothing close,brutal

#8509 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Doesn’t he need to update from 1.33 to 1.37 using the full update over USB before WIFI is supported? I thought wifi support started in 1.34+.

#8510 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Doesn’t he need to update from 1.33 to 1.37 using the full update over USB before WIFI is supported? I thought wifi support started in 1.34+.

I believe you are right.

#8511 2 years ago

Great info, I tried multiple USB wifi adapters (I review these things and have a bunch sitting around), NONE worked except the Archer Nano AC600. Fortunately it is very inexpensive at $13 on Amazon, works great, connected right up.

#8512 2 years ago

I was able to update from 1.35 to 1.37 over WiFi with no issues. Entire process took 3 - 5 minutes.

#8513 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I was able to update from 1.35 to 1.37 over WiFi with no issues. Entire process took 3 - 5 minutes.

dsmoke1986 is on 1.33, WiFi won't work to go to 1.37.

#8514 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Great info, I tried multiple USB wifi adapters (I review these things and have a bunch sitting around), NONE worked except the Archer Nano AC600. Fortunately it is very inexpensive at $13 on Amazon, works great, connected right up.

I used that one too. Works great!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PB1X4CN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#8515 2 years ago

Oh wow thank you! I noticed something going on in OLO last night but it was hard to do the math and understand if this was being added. Good to know and it makes sense since the pipe reappears in OLO. thanks!

#8516 2 years ago

Hey Wonka folks. Just FYI, we've posted an instructional video on how to use the various features of ScorbitVision.

This outlines using Scorbit for Scoreboards, Leaderboards, Comboboards, Slideshows and Streamboards.

More info in this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/5#post-6252475

#8517 2 years ago

I recently did a full flipper rebuild on Wonka and even after all new plungers/stops/sleeves the upper left flipper was shooting poorly.

I discovered the culprit - the flipper bushing was broken in two!

Easy fix, just wanted to pass that on. My guess is that I bricked the Kid MB shot into the flipper tip about 250,000 times

IMG_3034.jpegIMG_3034.jpeg
#8518 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I recently did a full flipper rebuild on Wonka and even after all new plungers/stops/sleeves the upper left flipper was shooting poorly.
I discovered the culprit - the flipper bushing was broken in two!
Easy fix, just wanted to pass that on. My guess is that I bricked the Kid MB shot into the flipper tip about 250,000 times
[quoted image]

I include these bushings if I'm doing a full flipper rebuild. They are cheap enough and it's the most important aspect of the game. I can't tell you how many times I've changed these when I thought they probably didn't need it, no obvious damage and found a fracture when it was out of the game.

#8519 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I include these bushings if I'm doing a full flipper rebuild. They are cheap enough and it's the most important aspect of the game. I can't tell you how many times I've changed these when I thought they probably didn't need it, no obvious damage and found a fracture when it was out of the game.

Some games are prone to it too. Like the left flipper on AFM or AFMR.

#8520 2 years ago

really digging the new code - offers more variety which I appreciate. Very good update.

#8521 2 years ago

DIY lighting, round 3. I am really like the way this turned out!

C6E770C5-C8EB-4806-A6E3-E9BC8F02AF19 (resized).jpegC6E770C5-C8EB-4806-A6E3-E9BC8F02AF19 (resized).jpeg
#8522 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’ve got a Dialed-In and have been trying to figure out that shot. Didn’t get any answers in the dialed in forum, but I probably should’ve searched. Is there really no way to make that shot consistently using skill? Or is there any bank shot that you can make that will consistently go in there?

#8523 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I’ve got a Dialed-In and have been trying to figure out that shot. Didn’t get any answers in the dialed in forum, but I probably should’ve searched. Is there really no way to make that shot consistently using skill? Or is there any bank shot that you can make that will consistently go in there?

From the bottom right flipper aim for the big bang target a little off center. Maybe one in four will ricochet into the sim card hole.

#8524 2 years ago

Shout out to this guy (dinkyflix) for these mod install videos. Found them very helpful. Thanks!

#8525 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

You can bank a shot from the lower left flipper into the rubber below the drone target and sometimes that will go in, otherwise, if you want it to be easier take the rubbers off the posts around it and take the cliffy off.

#8526 2 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

You can bank a shot from the lower left flipper into the rubber below the drone target and sometimes that will go in, otherwise, if you want it to be easier take the rubbers off the posts around it and take the cliffy off.

Thanks I’ll give it a shot. I’m not really looking for it to be easier, just trying to get some feedback on if it’s intended to be hit-able from that upper right flipper or if it’s just meant to be “chance” to which would seem like a questionable design issue. Love the game, not dogging it, just curious!

#8527 2 years ago

Scared to update our WW We are just loving this game and don't want to burn out on it so figure Hey run it like this and maybe update in like a year or when we are looking for a change.

Anyone else doing this?

#8528 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Scared to update our WW We are just loving this game and don't want to burn out on it so figure Hey run it like this and maybe update in like a year or when we are looking for a change.
Anyone else doing this?

Why scared to update??

I know there are a handful of people who had issues but im sure there are even more that didnt.

I had no issue at all doing a full install. I backed up my stuff prior, did the install, and then restored the backup.. Super easy.

#8529 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Why scared to update??
I know there are a handful of people who had issues but im sure there are even more that didnt.
I had no issue at all doing a full install. I backed up my stuff prior, did the install, and then restored the backup.. Super easy.

Received my LE NIB last month. Came with 1.33 did full install of 1.35 with no issues. Updated to 1.37 Via WiFi using the JJP recommended Dongle with no issues.

#8530 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Thanks I’ll give it a shot. I’m not really looking for it to be easier, just trying to get some feedback on if it’s intended to be hit-able from that upper right flipper or if it’s just meant to be “chance” to which would seem like a questionable design issue. Love the game, not dogging it, just curious!

Ya, you can shoot it from the upper right flipper but it's just really tough. Not much else to say lol. No magic bullet for this one, though it sure is nice when you have a game where you rack up the SIMs. Keeps it interesting. You can also turn SIM card memory on in the settings if you want them to carry over ball to ball, makes it quite a bit easier to store them up and collect them in a multiball.

I enjoy the default code where you lose them if you drain but a lot of folks enable that option.

#8531 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Why scared to update??

No scared of the process, just don't want my perfect game to change on me, I love it the way it if the misses love it.

#8532 2 years ago

For any JJP folks considering features for code updates, it would be great if we had the option to increase ball save times during MBs. My family and I enjoy the challenge of the factory presets for obtaining golden tickets (it should be hard!) but the ball save times, especially for when our kids play, just feel too short and would be nice to have this option in a future update. Thank you!

#8533 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

No scared of the process, just don't want my perfect game to change on me, I love it the way it if the misses love it.

I hesitated for a few weeks, thinking the same as you. Then I updated, and the game is better now.

#8534 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

For any JJP folks considering features for code updates, it would be great if we had the option to increase ball save times during MBs. My family and I enjoy the challenge of the factory presets for obtaining golden tickets (it should be hard!) but the ball save times, especially for when our kids play, just feel too short and would be nice to have this option in a future update. Thank you!

My wife asked for the auto save “don’t move” time to be increased. I couldn’t find it in the menu.

#8535 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

My wife asked for the auto save “don’t move” time to be increased. I couldn’t find it in the menu.

Full Menu >Settings>System Settings > Ball Save Time (7th from the top)

#8536 2 years ago

They still need to blink the auto save after extended time in the Pops, IMO. It can be a really cheap drain, particularly when you’re close to earning a golden ticket.

#8537 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Forgive my quick off topic post/response.
On mine, I could never consistently make it with the upper flipper and found some success when it hit the angled rubber that's just below the drones. It's almost like it was perfectly placed for a bounce right into that sim card. It was kind of luck to get there but once it was headed there and had enough oomph I found it went directly in to the sim shot multiple times on mine over the course of my embarrassingly low 200+ games played on it. I don't have it anymore but that game is awesome and the sim card difficulty never really bothered or took away from the game for me. I don't really play to necessarily achieve all the rules on games. I looked at the sim card as just a higher level of difficulty and hoped I'd get a few in there.
This doesn't necessarily answer your question either but also I'd try to get into a multiball situation and had good success that way too organically.
Fantastic game. At the time I sold it we weren't moving and I needed to make room hoping for an eventual Fathom purchase. Welp.
No Fathom still and we're moving.
r/
Mike

#8538 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Shout out to this guy (dinkyflix) for these mod install videos. Found them very helpful. Thanks!

I might need to get the Wonkavator now too b/c of this.

Btw - try the wet method next time with the side art. So much easier. Save me a bunch of time replacing the smoke stack by unscrewing the two underneath.

This game has some of the best pinball mods. That left ramp factory mod by Mezel with the wheel that turns is one of my favs. Just waiting on some from modcouple/yelobird. His flipper topper and side grass is great.

#8539 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

They still need to blink the auto save after extended time in the Pops, IMO. It can be a really cheap drain, particularly when you’re close to earning a golden ticket.

100%, true dat!

#8540 2 years ago

100% agree! Great suggestion to make the game even better (at least for home use!)

#8541 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I might need to get the Wonkavator now too b/c of this.
Btw - try the wet method next time with the side art. So much easier. Save me a bunch of time replacing the smoke stack by unscrewing the two underneath.
This game has some of the best pinball mods. That left ramp factory mod by Mezel with the wheel that turns is one of my favs. Just waiting on some from modcouple/yelobird. His flipper topper and side grass is great.

This is good to know. I have ruined so many sets of side blades that ive essentially given up. I often dont have anyone to help me remove the playfield....
I have a set for Wonka that i want to put in, maybe ill give it a try doing the wet method...

For the Factory Mod by Mezel, were you able to get that installed with the tubing pieces and all, with having the side plastic piece staying in place as well? I couldnt figure out how to do it and never installed it.

#8542 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

100% agree! Great suggestion to make the game even better (at least for home use!)

Easier is not better IMO! haha

#8543 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Then leave it! I didnt update mine for a long while either... Its not like you are missing any ground breaking features.

#8544 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

This is good to know. I have ruined so many sets of side blades that ive essentially given up. I often dont have anyone to help me remove the playfield....
I have a set for Wonka that i want to put in, maybe ill give it a try doing the wet method...
For the Factory Mod by Mezel, were you able to get that installed with the tubing pieces and all, with having the side plastic piece staying in place as well? I couldnt figure out how to do it and never installed it.

I ended up removing all of that and blue relaxing it either. With this mod, the ball shouldn't get trapped and I like the cleaner look. I'm testing it now but so far so good

20210429_120326 (resized).jpg20210429_120326 (resized).jpg
#8545 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I ended up removing all of that and blue relaxing it either. With this mod, the ball shouldn't get trapped and I like the cleaner look. I'm testing it now but so far so good
[quoted image]

Yea it looks nice. I just wanted to keep the plastic pieces from the factory as I have it decorated with grass and mushrooms...

#8546 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

[quoted image]

Huh? Are you saying you removed that clear plastic “tubing”? Or have you found a way to keep it that looks clean?

#8547 2 years ago

Huh? Are you saying you removed that clear plastic “tubing”? Or have you found a way to keep it that looks clean?

Well, he was replying to what I said. There is a 3-tiered plastic piece to the left of the "factory" that comes stock. He removed it to get the mod on, which you have to do.

I am not sure what he meant about something getting trapped. Nothing gets trapped on mine.

#8548 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Well, he was replying to what I said. There is a 3-tiered plastic piece to the left of the "factory" that comes stock. He removed it to get the mod on, which you have to do.
I am not sure what he meant about something getting trapped. Nothing gets trapped on mine.

Yes the three piece plastic piece is in there to block balls from getting trapped in that space, from what I was told. I removed it bc the factory mod would really prevent that from happening anyway. Plus it looks terrible

So far no issues

#8549 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes the three piece plastic piece is in there to block balls from getting trapped in that space, from what I was told. I removed it bc the factory mod would really prevent that from happening anyway. Plus it looks terrible
So far no issues

I did the same. Leaving that in made installing the mod a pain in the ass (if not impossible) and looked bad. Having the plastics below be visible now looks much better and I've had no issues with balls getting stuck.

Now don't get me started on that cheap "tube" junk that came with the mod. It NEVER stays in place...

#8550 2 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Now don't get me started on that cheap "tube" junk that came with the mod. It NEVER stays in place...

What is up with that?? I got mine 2nd hand so I just figured mine was cut wrong. I have lived with them miraculously balancing in place for much longer than I ever would have guessed possible. Anyone come up with a fix for this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.50
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

9,600 (OBO)
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 13,940 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/171?hl=daveyvandy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.