IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 279.
#8401 2 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Has anyone replaced this 04 piece yet? Found this up in the wonkavision stopping the multiball from coming down lol.... any other mods besides stock replacement?

I got this mod for Xmas and really enjoy it. https://pinballmods.co/willy-wonka-pinball-jjp/wonkavision-stage-captive-ball-protector

It protects the Oompa Loompa as well as keeps balls from getting trapped above the captive ball (i.e. does what "piece no. 4" did.)

#8402 2 years ago

Ok, lemme see if I got this install thing right. I don’t just download the new software update from JJP (on a usb stick) and stick that in my machine (Stern style). I need to download a second thing (Unebootin, or whatever the fuck it is) and then jimmy Jack around on my laptop with the two things until everything is just so...and THEN I stick the usb in my game and follow the instructions in the menu to update it?

Do I have that right?

#8403 2 years ago

CE owners - I love how there are unique call outs in the code so it has my interest but I've never seen the red in person. I think the blue is JJPs nicest powder, right along with WOZ ECLE.

Does that red have a sparkle in it too? It looks kind of flat from the pics....

#8404 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Do I have that right?

No. Follow instructions on website. Two different versions two different ways to do them.

Jimmy Jack sounds like you want a full install. Download unetbootin - download Full Install update - open unetbootin and use it to install download onto the USB stick. Go to the game with it turned off. Install USB stick into cable by cashbox. Turn game on. Screen will tell you when it's done. Remove USB stick, turn game off. Wait a tiny bit. Turn game back on.

Non Jimmy Jack Delta Install - download Delta Update. I put it on desktop. Left click icon once, right click, extract to USB stick. Go to game with the game turned on. Install USB stick into USB cable by cashbox. Go into Utilities - USB Update - do what screen says. When done unplug USB stick from USB cable. Turn game off. Wait a few seconds, turn game on.

USB stick. 8GB to 16GB. Formatted Fat32, nothing else on it.

LTG : )

#8405 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

CE owners - I love how there are unique call outs in the code so it has my interest but I've never seen the red in person. I think the blue is JJPs nicest powder, right along with WOZ ECLE.
Does that red have a sparkle in it too? It looks kind of flat from the pics....

It doesn't have sparkle like the playfield does but it's definitely a metallic look.

Thinking of upgrading?

#8406 2 years ago
Quoted from Ocelot:

I got this mod for Xmas and really enjoy it. https://pinballmods.co/willy-wonka-pinball-jjp/wonkavision-stage-captive-ball-protector
It protects the Oompa Loompa as well as keeps balls from getting trapped above the captive ball (i.e. does what "piece no. 4" did.)

What does this mod do? Does it stop the captive ball from getting stuck in the top of the track once you hit it? I am having issues every once and awhile the ball is stuck in the farthest back left loop, under the wonkavator somewhere or could be near the top of the captive ball track. I can’t see where it is actually getting stuck because everything is covered. Shake/nudge and it dislodges. Thx in advance for insights.

#8407 2 years ago

The call outs got me interested as the sound on this game is the weakest part by far but I just don’t like the red. I much prefer that blue sparkle. I was hoping the red had a sparkle to it but it sounds like that’s not the case. I also think radcals are really overrated so that’s not a factor for me.

Wonka LE could be one of my fav looking pins from JJP although that’s also b/c it’s one of my fav movies. GnR LE my #1 looking pin from them.

#8408 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The call outs got me interested as the sound on this game is the weakest part by far but I just don’t like the red. I much prefer that blue sparkle. I was hoping the red had a sparkle to it but it sounds like that’s not the case. I also think radcals are really overrated so that’s not a factor for me.
Wonka LE could be one of my fav looking pins from JJP although that’s also b/c it’s one of my fav movies. GnR LE my #1 looking pin from them.

I hear you, I like that sparkly blue too. I'm a sucker for radcals though

How are you doing on golden tickets? I love the gameplay on this one.

#8409 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Follow instructions on website. Two different versions two different ways to do them.
Jimmy Jack sounds like you want a full install. Download unetbootin - download Full Install update - open unetbootin and use it to install download onto the USB stick. Go to the game with it turned off. Install USB stick into cable by cashbox. Turn game on. Screen will tell you when it's done. Remove USB stick, turn game off. Wait a tiny bit. Turn game back on.
Non Jimmy Jack Delta Install - download Delta Update. I put it on desktop. Left click icon once, right click, extract to USB stick. Go to game with the game turned on. Install USB stick into USB cable by cashbox. Go into Utilities - USB Update - do what screen says. When done unplug USB stick from USB cable. Turn game off. Wait a few seconds, turn game on.
USB stick. 8GB to 16GB. Formatted Fat32, nothing else on it.

Thx Lloyd. If I’m going 1.33 to 1.37 is this full or delta install?

#8410 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I hear you, I like that sparkly blue too. I'm a sucker for radcals though
How are you doing on golden tickets? I love the gameplay on this one.

2 but I actually like the challenge of this game. I also don't have a lawlor pin anymore and this is by far my fav theme of his. Plus it's a deep playing game. I've conditioned myself to ignore the terrible sound effects and the kids are really looking for it too. It's only a matter of time until I jump back into the club. This time with the LE. I need that sparkle and the SE cab art is truly one of the worst ever.

#8411 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

2 but I actually like the challenge of this game. I also don't have a lawlor pin anymore and this is by far my fav theme of his. Plus it's a deep playing game. I've conditioned myself to ignore the terrible sound effects and the kids are really looking for it too. It's only a matter of time until I jump back into the club. This time with the LE. I need that sparkle and the SE cab art is truly one of the worst ever.

It really is an under-appreciated game IMO. Excellent challenge and depth, and big rewards when you execute well.

#8412 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Thx Lloyd. If I’m going 1.33 to 1.37 is this full or delta install?

Full Install.

#8413 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

for #3, keep the post off . Its called the "cheater post" for a reason haha
#6, all just extras if I remember correctly.
#8. I think I had this same problem. I didnt realize it until months after.. My post was loose and needed to be tightened. But it does look like you might have some pooling there?

Cool thanks, I've always heard it referred to as the "genius post" to keep us from getting too frustrated with a machine and spending more on a new one

Any ideas on #1 #2 #4 #5 #7?

#8414 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan745:

Cool thanks, I've always heard it referred to as the "genius post" to keep us from getting too frustrated with a machine and spending more on a new one
Any ideas on #1 #2 #4 #5 #7?

haha, I like the "genius post" idea lol

Sorry, the others I do not know about..

#8415 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

What does this mod do? Does it stop the captive ball from getting stuck in the top of the track once you hit it? I am having issues every once and awhile the ball is stuck in the farthest back left loop, under the wonkavator somewhere or could be near the top of the captive ball track. I can’t see where it is actually getting stuck because everything is covered. Shake/nudge and it dislodges. Thx in advance for insights.

We're talking about two different things. The mod I linked to stops (or cuts down on) hot shots from destroying the fragile camera Oompa Loompa. It also covers up the channel over the captive ball where, on occasion, a ball would jump up there and get stuck.

What you're talking about -- the ball getting stuck somewhere under the Wonkavator -- is different and is in no way helped by this mod. My guess is that there's something back there that shouldn't be -- a screw, a rubber cap, a nut, etc. I've found bits of stuff during playfield deep cleans that make me go "Ohhhhhhh... *That's* what's causing the ball to act weird." If you don't have one already, I'd pick up a telescoping magnet (I got mine at an AutoZone) which pays for itself the first time you extract a wayward nut without having to take everything apart.

#8416 2 years ago
Quoted from Ocelot:

We're talking about two different things. The mod I linked to stops (or cuts down on) hot shots from destroying the fragile camera Oompa Loompa. It also covers up the channel over the captive ball where, on occasion, a ball would jump up there and get stuck.
What you're talking about -- the ball getting stuck somewhere under the Wonkavator -- is different and is in no way helped by this mod. My guess is that there's something back there that shouldn't be -- a screw, a rubber cap, a nut, etc. I've found bits of stuff during playfield deep cleans that make me go "Ohhhhhhh... *That's* what's causing the ball to act weird." If you don't have one already, I'd pick up a telescoping magnet (I got mine at an AutoZone) which pays for itself the first time you extract a wayward nut without having to take everything apart.

Thx man for the clarification and suggestion! Much love!

#8417 2 years ago
Quoted from Ocelot:

This is how I found my 04 piece was broken... Noticed the ball had trouble making it up the Wonkavator, and finally the ball and 04 piece came up together... lol

#8418 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Wow, that is a ton of plays!
I have always wondered about that sticker as it takes so much abuse in that area... Surprised this is the first time we have seen it.

Quoted from Jamwin:

Thx man for the clarification and suggestion! Much love!

I’ve seen a ball stuck in the back area a couple times but never when I am playing the game.......still not sure how it’s happening but it seems to be caught in a no mans land under the plastics in the back left corner.

#8419 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I’ve seen a ball stuck in the back area a couple times but never when I am playing the game.......still not sure how it’s happening but it seems to be caught in a no mans land under the plastics in the back left corner.

Happened to me when I first got my game. Adjusting the roll over switch in the back left cured it. It was too tight against on side and drop all the way so a slow ball would hang up.

#8420 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Happened to me when I first got my game. Adjusting the roll over switch in the back left cured it. It was too tight against one side and drop all the way so a slow ball would hang up.

#8421 2 years ago

Should be rejoining the club this weekend - this time with an LE. Standard is such a good value but F it, that blue sparkle is so nice.

Question is where are you guys getting those stand alone mushrooms? Not the ones in grass but I see guys with single mushrooms throughout that look good

#8422 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Should be rejoining the club this weekend - this time with an LE. Standard is such a good value but F it, that blue sparkle is so nice.
Question is where are you guys getting those stand alone mushrooms? Not the ones in grass but I see guys with single mushrooms throughout that look good

We welcome you back...again

#8423 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

We welcome you back...again

Haha

Btw - I enjoy your tutorial videos. Good job on those. I’m also on a JJP kick. WOZECLE, POTC, Hobbit, GnR LE and now Wonka. DI is the only one but I really don’t dig the theme although I appreciate the great layout. Wonka and DI in the same collection - might be too much.

#8424 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haha
Btw - I enjoy your tutorial videos. Good job on those. I’m also on a JJP kick. WOZECLE, POTC, Hobbit, GnR LE and now Wonka. DI is the only one but I really don’t dig the theme although I appreciate the great layout. Wonka and DI in the same collection - might be too much.

Thanks Delt! Wonka rules are on the complex side but it’s really rewarding to play.

#8425 2 years ago

Wow delt this makes your third Wonka?

#8426 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wonka Wonka Wonka - sounds like Pac Man.

#8427 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Happened to me when I first got my game. Adjusting the roll over switch in the back left cured it. It was too tight against on side and drop all the way so a slow ball would hang up.

Mine is actually getting stuck in the area under the large square-ish plastic, jumping off the playfield near the top of the back edge and rebounding through the gap there. I put a modified post in the plastic hanging down yesterday after looking at it more closely, will see if it happens anymore! I think a previous owner may have removed some mods before selling the game and not got the plastics back in proper order, there were other issues with the factory ramp plastic also I had to address.

#8428 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yep although to be fair, I moved my first very fast as I couldn't deal with the sounds. I've learned to live with them, that's all. Had the standard for longer and needed some space. Now it's time for the LE to return

#8429 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haha

I think Wonka and DI play pretty differently. Obviously same designer and I really like both, Wonka better if I had to choose but I think Dialed In plays faster. Agree on the lack of theme, but the way it plays and the value (any JJP that starts with a 7 is a good deal!) I think it’s a win. They are no more alike than hobbit and WOZ in my opinion.

#8430 2 years ago

I have been reading the code update comments and just want to clarify: The most recent code is 1.37, correct? To get that, do you have update wirelessly? To do that, do you first have to update from 1.33 to 1.34 using a USB drive?

If I have this wrong, please do let me know. I'm trying to go from 1.33 to 1.37, or whatever most recent is the way I am supposed to. Also, I would be using a Mac, so will that be an issue?

Thanks for the help.

#8431 2 years ago
Quoted from eb94114:

I have been reading the code update comments and just want to clarify: The most recent code is 1.37, correct? To get that, do you have update wirelessly? To do that, do you first have to update from 1.33 to 1.34 using a USB drive?
If I have this wrong, please do let me know. I'm trying to go from 1.33 to 1.37, or whatever most recent is the way I am supposed to. Also, I would be using a Mac, so will that be an issue?
Thanks for the help.

It's right there on the JJP download page. https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

The only delta upgrade option is from 1.34 to 1.37. If you have 1.33 or prior, you need to perform a full update.

For the full update, you need to make a bootable USB stick. Super easy to do on a Mac. No special software utility needed. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/updating-jjp-games-with-a-mac#post-5342260

#8432 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I think Wonka and DI play pretty differently. Obviously same designer and I really like both, Wonka better if I had to choose but I think Dialed In plays faster. Agree on the lack of theme, but the way it plays and the value (any JJP that starts with a 7 is a good deal!) I think it’s a win. They are no more alike than hobbit and WOZ in my opinion.

Yup... I'd be very happy if wonka le and di le were my only 2 pins

#8433 2 years ago

I acquired an SE yesterday. With most of the mods you can install, installed. Its a great machine. Now I need to get my skills back to where they were in college.

#8435 2 years ago
Quoted from agpage:

I acquired an SE yesterday. With most of the mods you can install, installed. Its a great machine. Now I need to get my skills back to where they were in college.

Welcome to the club! Our family's favorite pin so far! I believe you acquired yours from our good friend moat-pin a tremendous pinsider and hobbyist. Congrats and well done!

#8436 2 years ago

Any suggestions on a reliable way to hit the captive ball in WW that won’t drain? From the right flipper cradle, I get SDTM pretty often. Left flipper is a harder shot (maybe better with not draining), and upper right flipper actually sometimes works. Is the captive ball meant to be a risky shot?

#8437 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Any suggestions on a reliable way to hit the captive ball in WW that won’t drain? From the right flipper cradle, I get SDTM pretty often. Left flipper is a harder shot (maybe better with not draining), and upper right flipper actually sometimes works. Is the captive ball meant to be a risky shot?

I aim for the orange on the playfield art from the right flipper. It hits the captive ball and bounces to the upper right flipper.

#8438 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

From the lower left flipper aim for the right side of the captive ball so that it grazes it. If you hit it just right, it might make it to your upper right flipper.

#8439 2 years ago

Just tried to install 1.37 and got this message. The enter key and other keys would not register to allow me to do anything. I turned off the game, then back on, then it said the installation was completed and to restart the machine. Then, I turned it back on, and I got this second screen. It’s totally stuck. Won't budge.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

IMG_2362 (resized).jpegIMG_2362 (resized).jpegIMG_2363 (resized).jpegIMG_2363 (resized).jpeg
#8440 2 years ago

I second this.

Any advice on kid multiball shot? Still don’t have that one down as much as I need from right flipper.

Quoted from zaphX:

I aim for the orange on the playfield art from the right flipper. It hits the captive ball and bounces to the upper right flipper.

#8441 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I second this.
Any advice on kid multiball shot? Still don’t have that one down as much as I need from right flipper.

I shoot for Kid MB when half the ball is off the tip of the right flipper.

This shot works for wide orbit shots on many games btw!

#8442 2 years ago

Speed plays in to this shot for me a lot - is that with it cradled?

Quoted from zaphX:

#8443 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I've had a few people request this, this is a deep dive into Kid Multiball and how to get that golden ticket.
I did collect it once about halfway into the stream.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/877425253

Do you have another link for this Kid Multiball video? Twitch link is dead. Thanks!

#8444 2 years ago
Quoted from eb94114:

Just tried to install 1.37 and got this message. The enter key and other keys would not register to allow me to do anything. I turned off the game, then back on, then it said the installation was completed and to restart the machine. Then, I turned it back on, and I got this second screen. It’s totally stuck. Won't budge.
Any thoughts?
Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image]

This looks like a similar issue i encountered. I have a CE and doing a full install from 1.33 to 1.35 i think i had that same error when installing and startup screen. I downloaded the code from their website on a mac, which might have been the issue. Support sent me “updated” instructions on how to download on a mac, which i dont know why they dont update their website instructions as that might have prevented the issue. Either way the damage was done and it didnt solve the error after the fact. Support ended up sending me a replacement hard drive after a couple days of back and forth and that ultimately did the trick.

#8445 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Do you have another link for this Kid Multiball video? Twitch link is dead. Thanks!

#8446 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

From the lower left flipper aim for the right side of the captive ball so that it grazes it. If you hit it just right, it might make it to your upper right flipper.

And sometimes it even grazes the captive ball and hits the wonkavision saucer. Always puts a smile on my face!

#8447 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I have SO much trouble with this shot, more practice needed

I hit my all time high score of a little over 6M a few days ago, even finished the Wonka Office mode, really cool, quite proud of myself. And the day after my VERY next game score: 6,470 (or something close to that, under 7,000). Made me wonder if I hit an all-time lowest score? Some days this game seems really cruel. Love it though!

#8448 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

This is the answer works every time!

#8449 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWill333:

This looks like a similar issue i encountered. I have a CE and doing a full install from 1.33 to 1.35 i think i had that same error when installing and startup screen. I downloaded the code from their website on a mac, which might have been the issue. Support sent me “updated” instructions on how to download on a mac, which i dont know why they dont update their website instructions as that might have prevented the issue. Either way the damage was done and it didnt solve the error after the fact. Support ended up sending me a replacement hard drive after a couple days of back and forth and that ultimately did the trick.

I ended up erasing what was on the USB drive I used and then reloaded it with the 1.37 code update. I put that one in the game's USB connector, and it worked. The first time I had Unebootin on the USB drive too, and I think that's what caused the issue. When I had only the updated code, it worked fine.

#8450 2 years ago

JJP needs to update their F'n code...Ridiculous that it's this hard to do a code update.

It's unacceptable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
9,600 (OBO)
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/169?hl=tdavis7965 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.