IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 280.
#8351 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

According to JJP tech support, you can do the WIFI update from v1.34 to 1.37. Once you update to 1.37, the update will work via wifi. To get to 1.37 from v.1.34 you have to do it via USB. I have been trying to update it via the delta1.34 to 1.37 USB and keep getting "fail to update". Spent some time yesterday communicating with JJP tech support, which was prompt and helpful, but ultimately going to have to do a full update to get to 1.37. Didn't have time to do it yesterday so will do it this weekend. Hope this helps.

Forgot to add, I had the same issue when trying to do it via wifi and was stuck on the screenshot you provided for over an hour and didn't do anything, which prompted me to reach out to JJP Tech support.

#8352 3 years ago

I’m gonna post one of my main disappointments with the game:

Why is the Gobstoppper toy only primary colors? The real gobstopper has pink, white and orange colors as well. Anyone else slightly disappointed in this? I’d like to buy one of the Gobstopper shooter rod mods, but the more colorful options won’t match the one in the game, and I hate the idea of buying one that’s also only primary colored.

Also, again, does the code update address any of the scoring? And if not, why do I care about world record gum chewing? Or the Oompah Loompah hurry up? Why is 4,000 considered “Big Points”? And why do medium and small points even exist? Pat really needs to retire this concept. It’s so tired.

I have very few quibbles with the game, but small things like this keep Wonka from sheer masterpiece status.

#8353 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Why is the Gobstoppper toy only primary colors? The real gobstopper has pink, white and orange colors as well. Anyone else slightly disappointed in this? I’d like to buy one of the Gobstopper shooter rod mods, but the more colorful options won’t match the one in the game, and I hate the idea of buying one that’s also only primary colored.
Also, again, does the code update address any of the scoring? And if not, why do I care about world record gum chewing? Or the Oompah Loompah hurry up? Why is 4,000 considered “Big Points”? And why do medium and small points even exist? Pat really needs to retire this concept. It’s so tired.
I have very few quibbles with the game, but small things like this keep Wonka from sheer masterpiece status.

Never noticed. The great news is, this is why there is a large modding community. Change it to what you want. For me, modding is half the fun. Doing it tastefully is the challenge. Gouviea mods are the high water mark... Powerbladez from Pingraffix are amazing...

#8354 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Never noticed. The great news is, this is why there is a large modding community. Change it to what you want. For me, modding is half the fun. Doing it tastefully is the challenge. Gouviea mods are the high water mark... Powerbladez from Pingraffix are amazing...

Yeah, but has anyone removed the Gobstopper toy? Or replaced it for that matter? If so, please post and describe the process.

Seems like something you might not want to mess with. Or spend a lot of money to replace when it should have been rendered accurately in the first place.

#8355 3 years ago

Finally joining the club, excited to play this one a lot more!

#8356 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Finally joining the club, excited to play this one a lot more!

It’s a slight step up from CSI!

#8357 3 years ago

I love CSI so all the better!

#8358 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

According to JJP tech support, you can do the WIFI update from v1.34 to 1.37. Once you update to 1.37, the update will work via wifi. To get to 1.37 from v.1.34 you have to do it via USB. I have been trying to update it via the delta1.34 to 1.37 USB and keep getting "fail to update". Spent some time yesterday communicating with JJP tech support, which was prompt and helpful, but ultimately going to have to do a full update to get to 1.37. Didn't have time to do it yesterday so will do it this weekend. Hope this helps.

Gerrrr, meant to say “cannot do the delta update from v1.34 to v1.37 via wifi

#8359 3 years ago

I can't get the delta update to work from 1.35 to 1.37. Tried both USB and WiFi. Both ways the update fails fairly quickly. Made several attempts with each method.

Ideas?

#8360 3 years ago

Back up settings. Do a Full Install of 1.37 with a USB stick. Reinstall settings. Party on.

LTG : )

#8361 3 years ago

First time I’ve updated a pin over wifi, worked a treat!

#8362 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Gerrrr, meant to say “cannot do the delta update from v1.34 to v1.37 via wifi

Yep I got 1.37 installed by wi-fi. Scorbit and Bluetooth (to my earbuds) working great.

#8363 3 years ago
Quoted from tem92:

Mezel Mods. https://mezelmods.com/collections/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-mods/products/willy-wonka-pinball-top-hat
I put it center on the pop bumper. I think it's a must have. IMO the color changing light band on the hat looks great.

yes, love it. Thanks!!

#8364 3 years ago

Seems they are all a bit different...

But my opinion is that you are looking way too into this lol. I think the mods and game gobstoppers look great the way they are....

gobstppr (resized).jpggobstppr (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8365 3 years ago

Wonka fans! Excited to announce an update to the Scorbit app, v1.0.25, and a major uplift to ScorbitVision! This includes new leaderboards, new app features, and more.

Details in the Scorbit thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/5#post-6228910

#8366 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Hey Wonka owners! I've had a few requests to make my 3D Coin Reject Buttons for Wonka ... so here they are -- I love how they turned out!
[quoted image]
Using three different filaments, the translucent buttons feature a luscious looking chocolate bar (I had to buy four different brown filaments to find the tastiest looking color) topped with a purple Wonka 'W'. Purple seemed like the obvious standard choice here but I could certainly customize it for your game, e.g., metallic red for a CE, etc. Buttons can be your choice of translucent color (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, or white/clear).
[quoted image]
Contact me through my website, https://rocketcitypinball.com, or visit my shop here on Pinside:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05004-3d-coin-reject-buttons-willy-wonka-amp-the-chocolate-factory

Would you be able to share a picture or two of these on the machine and zoomed out a bit. I am curious to see what they look like standing away from the machine a bit.

#8367 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Would you be able to share a picture or two of these on the machine and zoomed out a bit. I am curious to see what they look like standing away from the machine a bit.

I'd love to but I can't yet -- I don't have the game myself. I sent the first set out yesterday so I'll get a photo from that person as soon as he installs them!

#8368 3 years ago

can anyone point to instructions on how to use Rufus for new version updates? I am not totally technologically inept but can't seem to get the new v1.37 on to so USB stick and the instructions on JJP site are for Unetbootin. Super frustrated that this is so challenging especially since I haven't had issues in the past. Thanks in advance.

#8369 3 years ago

to choose the file, do i click the disk icon on top right or the boot selection line where it says "select"? i'm totally confused here.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8370 3 years ago

JJP tech support said that their software engineers said you have to use Rufus for a full install otherwise I would use Unetbootin and just follow the directions.

#8371 3 years ago

Quoted from bemmett:

I love CSI so all the better!

Are you two talking about the same CSI that is currently in my basement?

#8372 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

3D Coin Reject Buttons for Wonka ... Purple seemed like the obvious standard choice here but I could certainly customize it for your game, e.g., metallic red for a CE, etc.

Ok so I had to try them with the metallic red also -- they look scrumdiddlyumptious, almost like the color of snozzberries! I also took the opportunity to tweak my print code to help better fill the surface of the chocolate bar.

WonkaCE_2_RCP (resized).jpgWonkaCE_2_RCP (resized).jpg

WonkaCE_1_RCP (resized).jpgWonkaCE_1_RCP (resized).jpg

Contact me through my website, https://rocketcitypinball.com, or visit my shop here on Pinside:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05004-3d-coin-reject-buttons-willy-wonka-amp-the-chocolate-factory

Quoted from Rager170:

Hey Rager170 , I could do this with my Game of Thrones (where I took the pictures you see), but it might look funny. I'll gladly do so if you want, but it might look better if we wait for pictures from the first person who bought a set -- they're on the way to him already. Let me know.

#8373 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

almost like the color of snozzberries!

Who ever heard of a snozzberry?

#8374 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

JJP tech support said that their software engineers said you have to use Rufus for a full install otherwise I would use Unetbootin and just follow the directions.

Depends on the operating system you're using. If it's Mac OS, you don't need any of the above. You can do the complete full install using Mac OS. Unetbootin is obsolete in my opinion, and doesn't work on Mac OS.

I can't comment about the windows platform.

#8375 3 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Are you two talking about the same CSI that is currently in my basement?

If it’s the CSI I sold Bemmett, it might be!

So, strategy break: what’s your optimal combination with the multipliers? For most points?

#8376 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Ok so I had to try them with the metallic red also -- they look scrumdiddlyumptious, almost like the color of snozzberries! I also took the opportunity to tweak my print code to help better fill the surface of the chocolate bar.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Hey Rager170 , I could do this with my Game of Thrones (where I took the pictures you see), but it might look funny. I'll gladly do so if you want, but it might look better if we wait for pictures from the first person who bought a set -- they're on the way to him already. Let me know.

These are awesome, but you list so many color combo options I can’t decide!

#8377 3 years ago

These are awesome, but you list so many color combo options I can’t decide!

Just trying to give folks options to customize! In my opinion, the yellow or orange buttons will be best for this game -- they'll contrast better with the chocolate bar and will match the start button (yellow) or Wonka's hat (orange, especially good with purple W).

#8378 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Hi There,

Not a problem to wait for pics on a Wonka machine. Figure it would be good exposure for you as well on this thread to have them on the actual machine...

Thanks!

#8379 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

can anyone point to instructions on how to use Rufus for new version updates? I am not totally technologically inept but can't seem to get the new v1.37 on to so USB stick and the instructions on JJP site are for Unetbootin. Super frustrated that this is so challenging especially since I haven't had issues in the past. Thanks in advance.

Not to confuse the matter worse, but I always use Win32 Disk imager for this stuff. Just my preference..

#8380 3 years ago

Received my CE a bit over a month ago, having a blast. Actually too much fun since I've been spending all my spare time playing instead of posting this. So obviously not expecting any shipping recourse! lol
Pin arrived with a big smash on the cardboard smash (resized).jpgsmash (resized).jpg, but luckily no damage to the cab (pic) but also actually arrived on its side (with playfield upside down) tip and tell was basically all blue lol.tip (resized).jpgtip (resized).jpg
1. This resulted in the chipping of the orange on the gobstopper against the glass, anyone sell a matching paint?
2. The piece on the end of the trough was also loose in the box, seems to be due to the trough not being able to sit flush against the PF and thus the screw threads not biting, here is a pic of pushing up on the bottom of the trough but as you can see there is still a gap on the end. Is this common? trough (resized).jpgtrough (resized).jpg
3. For the extra post on the left side, should the washer be installed? Seems like overkill but without it the threads don't tighten. need washer (resized).jpgneed washer (resized).jpg
4. My machine has a very loud speaker pop at startup like TZ, any fix for this yet?
5. The factory ramp sign is in the way (again like TZ) causing to need to lean forward to get good shot on upper right flipper. (Funny when game then takes your pic as you are stretched over!) Is there a suggested mod for this yet?
6. My first NIB pin so wanted to confirm this accessory bag. Just extra rubbers when they wear out? slingshot mylar? silver screws for the LE plate? (I used the brass screws for the CE plate) replacement slingshot plastics incase of breakage? keychain promo plastics? What are $1 per play papers for? acc (resized).jpgacc (resized).jpg
7. What is going on around the gobstoper hole? there are 2 layers of mylar, 2 or 3 layers of stickers and an air gap inside the mylar. gob1 (resized).jpggob1 (resized).jpggob2 (resized).jpggob2 (resized).jpggob3 (resized).jpggob3 (resized).jpg
8. Should the tilted posts be adjusted? 20210316_101715 (resized).jpg20210316_101715 (resized).jpg

TIA, now back to playing!

#8381 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan745:

Received my CE a bit over a month ago, having a blast. Actually too much fun since I've been spending all my spare time playing instead of posting this. So obviously not expecting any shipping recourse! lol
Pin arrived with a big smash on the cardboard [quoted image], but luckily no damage to the cab (pic) but also actually arrived on its side (with playfield upside down) tip and tell was basically all blue lol.[quoted image]
1. This resulted in the chipping of the orange on the gobstopper against the glass, anyone sell a matching paint?
2. The piece on the end of the trough was also loose in the box, seems to be due to the trough not being able to sit flush against the PF and thus the screw threads not biting, here is a pic of pushing up on the bottom of the trough but as you can see there is still a gap on the end. Is this common? [quoted image]
3. For the extra post on the left side, should the washer be installed? Seems like overkill but without it the threads don't tighten. [quoted image]
4. My machine has a very loud speaker pop at startup like TZ, any fix for this yet?
5. The factory ramp sign is in the way (again like TZ) causing to need to lean forward to get good shot on upper right flipper. (Funny when game then takes your pic as you are stretched over!) Is there a suggested mod for this yet?
6. My first NIB pin so wanted to confirm this accessory bag. Just extra rubbers when they wear out? slingshot mylar? silver screws for the LE plate? (I used the brass screws for the CE plate) replacement slingshot plastics incase of breakage? keychain promo plastics? What are $1 per play papers for? [quoted image]
7. What is going on around the gobstoper hole? there are 2 layers of mylar, 2 or 3 layers of stickers and an air gap inside the mylar. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
8. Should the tilted posts be adjusted? [quoted image]

for #3, keep the post off . Its called the "cheater post" for a reason haha
#6, all just extras if I remember correctly.
#8. I think I had this same problem. I didnt realize it until months after.. My post was loose and needed to be tightened. But it does look like you might have some pooling there?

#8382 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Back up settings. Do a Full Install of 1.37 with a USB stick. Reinstall settings. Party on.

Tried WiFi again the next day and it worked. Not sure what the issue was.

#8383 3 years ago

I’m updating to 1.37 tomorrow. Feel a little guilty, that I couldn’t get beyond 3 tickets on 1.33, but I guess if your not playing 1.37 you’re not playing the game as intended.

Looking forward to The Most Secret Machine!

#8384 3 years ago

I’m updating to 1.37 tomorrow. Feel a little guilty, that I couldn’t get beyond 3 tickets on 1.33, but I guess if your not playing 1.37 you’re not playing the game as intended.
Looking forward to The Most Secret Machine!

Hey 3 tickets is nothing to scoff at!

#8385 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hey 3 tickets is nothing to scoff at!

Only got there once. The game takes me to the woodshed. But I love it.

#8386 3 years ago

Has anyone replaced this 04 piece yet? Found this up in the wonkavision stopping the multiball from coming down lol.... any other mods besides stock replacement?

E693038F-C10F-4824-BA11-AC2A9F0F6A43 (resized).jpegE693038F-C10F-4824-BA11-AC2A9F0F6A43 (resized).jpegFCC9E93B-466B-46A4-83CB-5942589BFA33 (resized).jpegFCC9E93B-466B-46A4-83CB-5942589BFA33 (resized).jpeg
#8387 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Has anyone replaced this 04 piece yet? Found this up in the wonkavision stopping the multiball from coming down lol.... any other mods besides stock replacement?
[quoted image][quoted image]

yes. a few of us have run in to this. I made one and put the file on thingiverse.com to share.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby/page/4#post-6002196

If you know anyone with a 3d printer my file is a direct replacement and it's pretty sturdy.

Nate from JJP sent me one as well. All I had to do was pay shipping. Had other stuff I needed so the shipping made sense at the time.

r/
Mike

#8388 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Not to confuse the matter worse, but I always use Win32 Disk imager for this stuff. Just my preference..

Thanks, I've used Win32 as well but JJP Tech support was specific about using Rufus for this update yet they don't provide any instruction on how to use Rufus, unlike Unetbootin and the update still isn't loading properly. Beyond frustrating.

#8389 3 years ago

Trying to update code Full Install 1.37
Currently running 1.32

Multiple error codes??

#8390 3 years ago
0745FEBF-25FD-43F9-B3FB-4066E3BC79F0 (resized).jpeg0745FEBF-25FD-43F9-B3FB-4066E3BC79F0 (resized).jpeg
#8391 3 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Trying to update code Full Install 1.37
Currently running 1.32
Multiple error codes??

I can't get new code to update to 1.37.

What is the deal here JJP?

It's starting to piss me off...Shouldn't be that hard to upload the correct code to their site.

#8392 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

If the download from the USA mirror does this, please try the EU mirror.

#8393 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If the download from the USA mirror does this, please try the EU mirror.

Really? EU instead of USA?

#8394 3 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Really? EU instead of USA?

For what ever reason you might have gotten a crappy download, why not ?

Usually you use which ever one is closer to you. They both work.

#8395 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I can't get new code to update to 1.37.
It's starting to piss me off...Shouldn't be that hard to upload the correct code to their site.

I’ve been trying all week to get from 1.34 to 1.37 to no avail. Been on with tech support and still nada. Tried full uploads, delta uploads, this upload, that upload. Tried wifi too. It’s a bad look on JJP that they can’t guide me through how to upload their software or that they say you have to use Rufus but don’t have directions on how to us Rufus. I’ve tried using Rufus and still doesn’t work. When y’all figure it out please let me know.

#8396 3 years ago

If the download doesn’t work, is the game borked (or still playable?) until it gets figured out?

#8397 3 years ago

If the download doesn’t work, is the game borked (or still playable?)

Depends on what you did. If you messed something up. You might have to start over with a full install.

#8398 3 years ago

So, after using 4 different brand USB sticks, the fourth one worked with for the Delta update like a breeze. Used memorex brand and it worked. Don't have a clue how after formatting a USB stick and starting fresh, the brand makes a difference but in this case it did. Hope this helps.

#8399 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan745:

Pin arrived with a big smash on the cardboard [quoted image], but luckily no damage to the cab (pic) but also actually arrived on its side (with playfield upside down) tip and tell was basically all blue lol.[quoted image]
2. The piece on the end of the trough was also loose in the box, seems to be due to the trough not being able to sit flush against the PF and thus the screw threads not biting, here is a pic of pushing up on the bottom of the trough but as you can see there is still a gap on the end. Is this common? [quoted image]
3. For the extra post on the left side, should the washer be installed? Seems like overkill but without it the threads don't tighten. [quoted image]
6. My first NIB pin so wanted to confirm this accessory bag. Just extra rubbers when they wear out? slingshot mylar? silver screws for the LE plate? (I used the brass screws for the CE plate) replacement slingshot plastics incase of breakage? keychain promo plastics? What are $1 per play papers for? [quoted image]
7. What is going on around the gobstoper hole? there are 2 layers of mylar, 2 or 3 layers of stickers and an air gap inside the mylar. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
8. Should the tilted posts be adjusted? [quoted image]

Your CE has playfield clearcoat pooling. Watch for chips in the very near future. Uh oh.

#8400 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Hey Wonka owners! I've had a few requests to make my 3D Coin Reject Buttons for Wonka ... so here they are -- I love how they turned out!
Using three different filaments, the translucent buttons feature a luscious looking chocolate bar (I had to buy four different brown filaments to find the tastiest looking color) topped with a purple Wonka 'W'. Purple seemed like the obvious standard choice here but I could certainly customize it for your game, e.g., metallic red for a CE, etc. Buttons can be your choice of translucent color (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, or white/clear).

Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Quoted from Rager170:

The first set of Wonka CE 3D coin reject buttons (metallic red W) has arrived with its excited new owner! Here are pics of them installed (Attn: Rager170 ):

Customer2 (resized).jpgCustomer2 (resized).jpg

Customer1 (resized).jpgCustomer1 (resized).jpg

Customer3 (resized).jpgCustomer3 (resized).jpg

I'll post pics of the purple-W ones once that set has been received & installed also.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/168?hl=tdavis7965 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.