IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,947 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 279.
#8302 3 years ago

Thanks! I already had both there links bookmarked, im looking for somebody thats seen them both in person and which they thought was better. I would rather have the one that is more interactive but it seems they both have some lighting in them but its hard to tell which is a better choice for a SE.

#8303 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

im looking for somebody thats seen them both in person

Good idea. I hope people respond.

LTG : )

#8304 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Thanks! I already had both there links bookmarked, im looking for somebody thats seen them both in person and which they thought was better. I would rather have the one that is more interactive but it seems they both have some lighting in them but its hard to tell which is a better choice for a SE.

I know the Lermods Wonkavator prop spins when the led light is activated.

#8305 3 years ago

I have the Lermod’s Wonkavator. It’s great, and looks like it came from the factory too, but I don’t pay much attention to it. That corner, however, would look real empty without it.

It lights up when the Wonkavator ball lock is lit. So it’s interactive that way, but I still use the playfield insert as my guide on that. The top spins, which is pretty cool.

#8306 3 years ago

I have the Lermods one, and I HIGHLY recommend it. It spins and flashes and looks great in that dead corner on my SE. As far as Im concerned its a must on a SE and would look great on an LE.

#8307 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I have the Lermods one, and I HIGHLY recommend it. It spins and flashes and looks great in that dead corner on my SE. As far as Im concerned its a must on a SE and would look great on an LE.

Thanks for all the positive remarks on our wonkavator. Just a heads up we are about a week behind to get these out as they have been selling faster than we can make them. People can still order, just expect it to be about a week to ship.

#8308 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks for all the positive remarks on our wonkavator. Just a heads up we are about a week behind to get these out as they have been selling faster than we can make them. People can still order, just expect it to be about a week to ship.

Thanks! I just ordered your Wonkavator. I think it looks great and will fill that void in the left corner on my SE nicely. I never buy mods for playfields but this felt necessary.

#8309 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Quoted from Phbooms:

I Finally ordered the Lermods one about three weeks ago. I have a CE and it looks great. The install was easy and its made very well. I highly recommend getting this one.

#8310 3 years ago
Quoted from tem92:

I Finally ordered the Lermods one about three weeks ago. I have a CE and it looks great. The install was easy and its made very well. I highly recommend getting this one.

Can you share a pic of your CE with this mod? Interested, but would like to see in a CE before committing to purchase.

#8311 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Can you share a pic of your CE with this mod? Interested, but would like to see in a CE before committing to purchase.

Here you go.

IMG_0476 (resized).jpgIMG_0476 (resized).jpgIMG_0477 (resized).jpgIMG_0477 (resized).jpg
#8312 3 years ago
Quoted from tem92:

Here you go.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing!

#8313 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

This is true!!The other must have is backboard led strip to lighten upper left of playfield

#8314 3 years ago
Quoted from Malibu-SS:

Good morning
I also keep getting a gobstopper switch error.....like it is sticking maybe?common problem?
Thanks for you help
Rick

Hi Rick you probably already saw it, but there was just a discussion about that switch on the previous page and at the top of this one ... it sure seems without a doubt to be a super common issue, but there are lots of ways to fix it ... I used a similar approach to the electrical tape quick fix referenced before and so far it works great Anyway, just click back to "page 166" and scroll through and you can see some of the solutions (which I know have also been mentioned many times before earlier in the forum as well). And definitely do a full update for 1.35, congrats on the machine, amazing and fun pin that is a keeper for sure!

#8315 3 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Hi Rick you probably already saw it, but there was just a discussion about that switch on the previous page and at the top of this one ... it sure seems without a doubt to be a super common issue, but there are lots of ways to fix it ... I used a similar approach to the electrical tape quick fix referenced before and so far it works great Anyway, just click back to "page 166" and scroll through and you can see some of the solutions (which I know have also been mentioned many times before earlier in the forum as well). And definitely do a full update for 1.35, congrats on the machine, amazing and fun pin that is a keeper for sure!

Thanks for the reply.Did the update without a problem!I will scroll back and see what the suggested fixes are
Thanks

#8316 3 years ago

Hi all. Sorry I know much of this has come up already in prior threads but looking for some advice on 2 issues:

About 50% of the time when powering on the game, the gobstopper turns and then gets stuck and makes a loud buzzing sound. You have to go into the test menu and move it manually to the correct starting position and then the game is OK. Any advice?

I am on code 1.34. Have tried 3 different USB sticks, downloaded the delta like 5 different times including from US or EU mirrors. Every time I get an error on the machine saying "Failed to update". Have been deleting and formatting the USBs first. I am on a Mac. Any advice? Should I do a full instead from 1.34 to 1.35? The last full from 1.31 to 1.34 was also tricky though with multiple fails.

#8317 3 years ago

From a post on Pinside :

MAC FULL INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

Step 1
-- Download the full install .iso file

Step 2
-- Start Disk Utility in Applications/Utilities,
or type "disk utility" into the spotlight search bar (magnifying glass in upper right of screen)
-- If needed, click on "View - Show All Devices" to see all of the devices and their volumes on the left side.

Step 3
-- Insert USB stick, and once it appears in the sidebar of Disk Utility, highlight the device name, not the volume name.
-- Click "Erase" button and set the format to "MS-DOS(FAT)" using scheme "Master Boot Record" with name "JJPUSB"
-- Click "Erase" to start the formatting process.

Step 4
-- Double-click the previously downloaded .iso image file from Step 1
-- This should mount the iso file and open a Finder window showing its contents

Step 5
-- Open another Finder window and on the left side click on the name of the USB stick you formatted in Step 3,
which should show a blank window because there are no files on it yet.

Step 6
-- Select all of the files in the iso file Finder window from Step 4, and drag them into the empty Finder window
from Step 5. This will take some time (20-30 minutes) to complete.

Step 7
-- Once the copy is complete, click on the little "eject" triangles next to the iso image name and the USB stick name
on the left of a Finder window.
-- Once the names disappear from the Finder window, remove the USB stick from the computer.

Step 8
-- Use the USB stick to install the new version in your game, etc.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: JJP MAC Update
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 22:35:10 -0600
To: Lloyd Olson <[email protected]>

On 3/5/2021 10:32 PM, Lloyd Olson wrote:
> Yes the Mac issue for Unetbootin is frustrating......but there's a super easy way to do the update using Mac.
>
> 1. download update ISO file
> 2. click and open ISO file - a new window will open showing the file contents of the image. You will see several folders and files.
> 3. select all files in that window and drag all to your USB drive (formatted FAT32, blank etc)
> 4. remove USB and do the update on your machine.
> 5. Done!! Worked for me on Wonka 1.34, and also recently on a DI LE.
>
> Not sure why JJP don't publish this procedure for Mac users - it works perfectly and is super easy.

I have another approach that works too, slightly more technical. Open up terminal:

1. diskutil list (note which disk is your USB stick)
2. diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk4 (replace disk4 with your disk)
3. hdiutil convert -format UDRW -o wonka.img Wonka-v01.34.iso (this converts the image format)
4. mv wonka.img.dmg wonka.img (this removes an unwanted extension)
5. sudo dd if=wonka.img of=/dev/rdisk4 bs=1m (replace disk4 with your disk, keep the r)
5. diskutil eject /dev/disk4 (replace disk4 with your disk)

#8318 3 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

Made these flipper decals tonight! The JJP logo on the top of the flipper makes them a bit wonky, but it still looks better than the flat yellow, in my opinion. So I’ve uploaded the file to my Dropbox link and I HAVE EXTRAS! First 5 people to PM me their address will get them fo’ free!**. I actually used a different design on my personal machine that was a bit derivative and therefore I didn’t feel comfortable sharing that one. So I’d love to see what this design looks like installed on a game!
**If you got a Fizzy Lifting Drink decal, please still feel free to PM me. I will prioritize others first, but if I don’t get a huge response, I will slot you into the list!
[quoted image]

Thanks @Camvr2013! I think they look great!

167855738_2909153889408408_8664566452311356410_n (resized).jpg167855738_2909153889408408_8664566452311356410_n (resized).jpg
#8319 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

From a post on Pinside :
MAC FULL INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1
-- Download the full install .iso file
Step 2
-- Start Disk Utility in Applications/Utilities,
or type "disk utility" into the spotlight search bar (magnifying glass in upper right of screen)
-- If needed, click on "View - Show All Devices" to see all of the devices and their volumes on the left side.
Step 3
-- Insert USB stick, and once it appears in the sidebar of Disk Utility, highlight the device name, not the volume name.
-- Click "Erase" button and set the format to "MS-DOS(FAT)" using scheme "Master Boot Record" with name "JJPUSB"
-- Click "Erase" to start the formatting process.
Step 4
-- Double-click the previously downloaded .iso image file from Step 1
-- This should mount the iso file and open a Finder window showing its contents
Step 5
-- Open another Finder window and on the left side click on the name of the USB stick you formatted in Step 3,
which should show a blank window because there are no files on it yet.
Step 6
-- Select all of the files in the iso file Finder window from Step 4, and drag them into the empty Finder window
from Step 5. This will take some time (20-30 minutes) to complete.
Step 7
-- Once the copy is complete, click on the little "eject" triangles next to the iso image name and the USB stick name
on the left of a Finder window.
-- Once the names disappear from the Finder window, remove the USB stick from the computer.
Step 8
-- Use the USB stick to install the new version in your game, etc.
-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: JJP MAC Update
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 22:35:10 -0600
To: Lloyd Olson <[email protected]>
On 3/5/2021 10:32 PM, Lloyd Olson wrote:
> Yes the Mac issue for Unetbootin is frustrating......but there's a super easy way to do the update using Mac.
>
> 1. download update ISO file
> 2. click and open ISO file - a new window will open showing the file contents of the image. You will see several folders and files.
> 3. select all files in that window and drag all to your USB drive (formatted FAT32, blank etc)
> 4. remove USB and do the update on your machine.
> 5. Done!! Worked for me on Wonka 1.34, and also recently on a DI LE.
>
> Not sure why JJP don't publish this procedure for Mac users - it works perfectly and is super easy.
I have another approach that works too, slightly more technical. Open up terminal:
1. diskutil list (note which disk is your USB stick)
2. diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk4 (replace disk4 with your disk)
3. hdiutil convert -format UDRW -o wonka.img Wonka-v01.34.iso (this converts the image format)
4. mv wonka.img.dmg wonka.img (this removes an unwanted extension)
5. sudo dd if=wonka.img of=/dev/rdisk4 bs=1m (replace disk4 with your disk, keep the r)
5. diskutil eject /dev/disk4 (replace disk4 with your disk)

Thanks as always, LTG. Yes, I have seen and tried this all of this previously. Also tried using Etcher which worked for me last time but it says the .iso file "does not have a partition" this time so is not bootable. Treid to download the .iso 3 times also tried EU mirror. After several failed attempts I went back to trying delta upgrade and it finally worked. Same USB drive as the other 4 times and formatted the same way. I am definitely buying the wifi dongle to try to avoid this for future updates.

#8320 3 years ago

Just installed the flickering Leds on the smoke stacks.

6BFEBFBD-2F2A-40CB-BEC4-2322C00E0E1A (resized).jpeg6BFEBFBD-2F2A-40CB-BEC4-2322C00E0E1A (resized).jpeg7C855413-28C6-4E09-A179-85612FE98CD2 (resized).jpeg7C855413-28C6-4E09-A179-85612FE98CD2 (resized).jpeg
#8321 3 years ago

Anyone else think the top right of the playfield seems excessively dark?

#8322 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Anyone else think the top right of the playfield seems excessively dark?

The entire game is dark. I added 3 spotlights and trough lighting but still need something to light up the back of the game.

#8323 3 years ago

Where did you buy spotlights from? Have u considered pinstadium lights? None of my other games need it but I’m seriously considering it for this one.

#8324 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Where did you buy spotlights from? Have u considered pinstadium lights? None of my other games need it but I’m seriously considering it for this one.

This game would definitely benefit from pinstadiums. I've seen the before and after pictures and its remarkable. Before I added spotlights I had to have an office lamp right above the game to see while playing.

I purchased 12v bulbs and spotlights from Comet pinball and JJP power tap from mezel mods.

I have a few of these for all my JJP games to power any lights or mods I may add.

Screenshot_20210404-091016_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210404-091016_Chrome (resized).jpg
#8325 3 years ago

Great to have Pinside back!

Special thanks to Chris Meunier at KingPin Games for going above and beyond in helping me with a WWLE issue. Great distributor!

#8326 3 years ago

Great distributor indeed

Quoted from txstargazer3:

Great to have Pinside back!
Special thanks to Chris Meunier at KingPin Games for going above and beyond in helping me with a WWLE issue. Great distributor!

#8327 3 years ago

How the heck do I get this black cap on the top of the left lane out so I can install the post there? It really seems to be stuck ... anyone else had an issue removing it?? Thx

#8328 3 years ago
F519274F-3876-4318-B771-3123357AE881 (resized).jpegF519274F-3876-4318-B771-3123357AE881 (resized).jpeg
#8329 3 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

[quoted image]

It has plastic threads. I drilled mine out using a tiny, tiny bit. some guys have tapped it out from the underside. I couldn't get it out that way.

You can also look in your goodie bag that came with the pin. There's an extra cap like that which you can shove into the that other post hole. that stopped the balls from getting stuck.

#8330 3 years ago

Anyone updated from 1.34 to 1.37 via wifi? It downloaded ok, and now it’s been stuck on this page for an hour...

6D01EE1A-8C7A-4FF3-9F96-F89D408AA866 (resized).jpeg6D01EE1A-8C7A-4FF3-9F96-F89D408AA866 (resized).jpeg
#8331 3 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Anyone updated from 1.34 to 1.37 via wifi? It downloaded ok, and now it’s been stuck on this page for an hour...

Turn game off. Turn back on - okay ? Try again. Or USB Delta update.

#8332 3 years ago

THANK YOU JJP for offering the Wifi updates! Successfully updated to 1.36 then 1.37 in seconds!

#8333 3 years ago

I have an issue with my Wonka. Over the last week or two, I noticed the sound drops out once in a while. It eventually comes back. Today when I turned it on, I didn't hear anything. I adjusted the volume to max, and now I can hear the game 'softly'. Also, when I plug headphones in, no sound. The headphones were working yesterday. Today, nothing thru the headphones, even at max.

I think it is a connection issue. I checked the headphone jack going into the computer, wiggled it, unplugged it and plugged it back in with no change.

We've been using the headphone jack a lot lately. Using headphones, then unplugging them. I'm wondering if the issue is located there.

Any suggestions where to look next?

#8334 3 years ago

Any gameplay differences in newest code?

#8335 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Any gameplay differences in newest code?

I was wondering the same thing. Doesnt look like it does from the text notes but maybe they did alittle polishing that they didnt mention. Im not updating until its worth doing.

#8336 3 years ago

Same here no more updates unless someone mentions an add outside of beta testing and wireless upgrades.

Quoted from Phbooms:

I was wondering the same thing. Doesnt look like it does from the text notes but maybe they did alittle polishing that they didnt mention. Im not updating until its worth doing.

#8337 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

This game would definitely benefit from pinstadiums. I've seen the before and after pictures and its remarkable. Before I added spotlights I had to have an office lamp right above the game to see while playing.
I purchased 12v bulbs and spotlights from Comet pinball and JJP power tap from mezel mods.
I have a few of these for all my JJP games to power any lights or mods I may add.[quoted image]

Awesome thanks!
Got some pinstadiums on order

#8338 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Turn game off. Turn back on - okay ? Try again. Or USB Delta update.

Yep worked OK when I turned back on. Tried wifi update again but didn’t work. I did a full install of 1.37 via USB and it’s all good.

#8339 3 years ago

I learned something the other day that I’d never known. In “The Candy Man” computer award mode, the candy jar on the LCD counts your hits down, and once you hit enough you hit the inner loop for a jackpot! Who knew?

I wonder how many other little rule nuances I don’t understand? Why the heck doesn’t the manufacturer explain this stuff to us?

#8340 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I learned something the other day that I’d never known. In “The Candy Man” computer award mode, the candy jar on the LCD counts your hits down, and once you hit enough you hit the inner loop for a jackpot! Who knew?
I wonder how many other little rule nuances I don’t understand? Why the heck doesn’t the manufacturer explain this stuff to us?

I never knew that either, good find!!

#8341 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I never knew that either, good find!!

I think a jackpot is also collected for “Dots” after hitting the captive ball. Is that true? And if so, where is the jackpot collected?

#8342 3 years ago

Does the Candy Man mode have the Candy Man music ?

#8343 3 years ago
Quoted from tem92:

Here you go.[quoted image][quoted image]

Can I ask where you got the wonka hat that is sitting on top of the pop bumper? Love it!

#8344 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Can I ask where you got the wonka hat that is sitting on top of the pop bumper? Love it!

Here is one. I don't think the same thing.

https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/jjp-willy-wonka-premium-mod-collection/products/jjp-willy-wonka-custom-3d-wonka-top-hat-mod

#8345 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

https://mezelmods.com/products/willy-wonka-pinball-top-hat

#8346 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

I just installed PinStadium Neo's on my WonkaSE...They look amazing, must buy mod.

My 11 year old said it looks better than the UV Kit that we installed on Stranger Things...It's a must buy

#8347 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Mezel Mods. https://mezelmods.com/collections/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-mods/products/willy-wonka-pinball-top-hat

I put it center on the pop bumper. I think it's a must have. IMO the color changing light band on the hat looks great.

#8348 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I just installed PinStadium Neo's on my WonkaSE...They look amazing, must buy mod.
My 11 year old said it looks better than the UV Kit that we installed on Stranger Things...It's a must buy

Agreed

#8349 3 years ago

Hey Wonka owners! I've had a few requests to make my 3D Coin Reject Buttons for Wonka ... so here they are -- I love how they turned out!

Wonka_2_RCP (resized).jpgWonka_2_RCP (resized).jpg

Using three different filaments, the translucent buttons feature a luscious looking chocolate bar (I had to buy four different brown filaments to find the tastiest looking color) topped with a purple Wonka 'W'. Purple seemed like the obvious standard choice here but I could certainly customize it for your game, e.g., metallic red for a CE, etc. Buttons can be your choice of translucent color (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, or white/clear).

Wonka_1_RCP (resized).jpgWonka_1_RCP (resized).jpg

Contact me through my website, https://rocketcitypinball.com, or visit my shop here on Pinside:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05004-3d-coin-reject-buttons-willy-wonka-amp-the-chocolate-factory

#8350 3 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

[quoted image]

According to JJP tech support, you can do the WIFI update from v1.34 to 1.37. Once you update to 1.37, the update will work via wifi. To get to 1.37 from v.1.34 you have to do it via USB. I have been trying to update it via the delta1.34 to 1.37 USB and keep getting "fail to update". Spent some time yesterday communicating with JJP tech support, which was prompt and helpful, but ultimately going to have to do a full update to get to 1.37. Didn't have time to do it yesterday so will do it this weekend. Hope this helps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,947 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/167 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.