IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 280.
#8251 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

If the electrical tape doesn't work out, let me know I'll print one up and send it to you.

This gentleman was kind enough to do the same for me. Wanted nothing in return.

#8252 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

If the electrical tape doesn't work out, let me know I'll print one up and send it to you.

Thanks a ton DeeGor , I'll go with the quick electrical tape fix, but I super appreciate the offer (once again I can't get over how great this Pinside community is!).

#8253 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

So how does one update the scorbit app?
Latest version (1.0.24) doesn’t show on the App Store and I can’t find an “update software” selection in the app on my iPhone.

I was wondering the same thing.

#8254 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I’m having an intermittent problem with a ball getting stuck in the back left corner of the game. Under the Wonkavator assembly. I’ll plunge a ball with will hit a pop bumper and shoot back there and gets stuck. Nudging or shaking the game won’t knock it loose. When anther ball plunges it frees the ball. If I lift the playfield while the ball is back there it seems to move freely then comes out after I lower the playfield. Any ideas?

Having the same issue occasionally. Only thing that frees it is a ball search. Anyone else have a solution?

#8255 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

So how does one update the scorbit app?
Latest version (1.0.24) doesn’t show on the App Store and I can’t find an “update software” selection in the app on my iPhone.

Apologies... Apple is finishing the review and it should be out shortly. Android released.

#8256 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I picked up a Willy Wonka machine about a month ago and I've really struggled with the gobstopper switch always getting stuck in the open state. It doesn't matter how I bent the arm of the switch, it would eventually end up stuck open. I ended up 3D printing an extremely simple fix to prevent the arm from raising up too high and I haven't had a single issue since installing it.
I put it up on thingiverse for anyone else that wants to give it a try.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4803035
[quoted image]

When I had this issue I found this post from Yelobird.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-wwcf-ce-collector-s-edition/page/19#post-5580250

"Had this happen to a friends Wonka. Simply remove the arm off the switch (clipped on by 2 small metal ears) and straighten the arm back out. Yours like theirs is bent back and no longer camming on the machine plate. Fairly simple to fix I believe all I had to remove for access was the plastic covering the machine. Good luck."

I followed the advice and it fixed my issue.
I didn't remove the arm but I did remove the switch, straighten the arm while it was still attached to the switch, and then reinstalled the switch.
Easy and cheap.

#8257 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There are ways that you can use Scorbit to have a live game with friends. You can create a live scoreboard with up to 8 connected machines at a time.
It’s pretty cool, but it needs to be easier to do for the average dude.
Really cool for tournaments and streams.

I never understood wanting to use Scorbit. Since all machines play differently, its never an accurate comparison for scores... And who is to stop someone from using scores from modded machines, like changing inlane sizes, extra balls.... ?

#8258 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I never understood wanting to use Scorbit. Since all machines play differently, its never an accurate comparison for scores... And who is to stop someone from using scores from modded machines, like changing inlane sizes, extra balls.... ?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's fun to have a place to post your scores and track your own history over time. I wouldn't take it that seriously.

#8259 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's fun to have a place to post your scores and track your own history over time. I wouldn't take it that seriously.

Isnt that what the games top 10 score board is for? haha.

#8260 3 years ago

Scorbit can help create a community of players in the area. Leaderboards and competition helps keep your pin interesting. Bear in mind the app is still in its infancy. When having a local meet folk, I’m hoping in future the app/hardware will track scores for that day and create local leaderboards..

#8261 3 years ago

I'm really liking the random wizard mode option from the new patch. However, do we know if 'Pure Imagination' is part of the random wizard modes available? So far I've only seen Oompa Loompa Odyssey, Wonka's Office, and The Most Secret Machine. Or maybe I'm just really unlucky.

#8262 3 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

I'm really liking the random wizard mode option from the new patch. However, do we know if 'Pure Imagination' is part of the random wizard modes available? So far I've only seen Oompa Loompa Odyssey, Wonka's Office, and The Most Secret Machine. Or maybe I'm just really unlucky.

I'm speculating that Pure Imagination will remain the (ultimate) wizard mode. I, too, have only seen the three modes mentioned above. And only after installing the update and allowing those to be randomized.

#8263 3 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

I'm speculating that Pure Imagination will remain the (ultimate) wizard mode. I, too, have only seen the three modes mentioned above. And only after installing the update and allowing those to be randomized.

This is confirmed. Only the first 3 (Oompa, Office, and Secret Machine) are random.

#8264 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Scorbit can help create a community of players in the area. Leaderboards and competition helps keep your pin interesting. Bear in mind the app is still in its infancy. When having a local meet folk, I’m hoping in future the app/hardware will track scores for that day and create local leaderboards..

Thanks and yes, we're only just barely getting started. The app does now have the ability to allow local leaderboards, combined leaderboards, league-based leaderboards (people), rolling number of days, last calendar...It's pretty powerful. If you create it on ScorbitVision, make it public, it will display now on the app in the game session Waiting for Leaderboard screens.

Oh and 1.0.24 just (finally) was pushed on on the Apple store if you were waiting...Had a little blip and I now know never to mention Android in Apple release notes.

#8265 3 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Having the same issue occasionally. Only thing that frees it is a ball search. Anyone else have a solution?

Pretty sure I just solved the issue On mine. The roll over switch was getting stuck. Lift the playfield and remove the switch, tweak the curve in the metal a little bit if needed and when you put it back check that the switch opens and closes smoothly.

#8266 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Here's a picture to describe the fix better.
[quoted image]

I don't think my switch looks like that. It's connected at the end, not the middle. Maybe i'm crazy though.

#8267 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

I don't think my switch looks like that. It's connected at the end, not the middle. Maybe i'm crazy though.

Yeah that switch isn't exactly the same, just picked one online to illustrate the fix.

#8268 3 years ago

Is this shot the same as the saucer shot?
Is there any difference between shooting the TV and shooting the Saucer?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8269 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Is this shot the same as the saucer shot?
Is there any difference between shooting the TV and shooting the Saucer? [quoted image]

Same shot.

#8270 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

This is confirmed. Only the first 3 (Oompa, Office, and Secret Machine) are random.

Interesting. Not sure I like that as I like the challenge.. but at the same time, ive never seen Secret Machine. Maybe Ill play it random until ive seen it and then put it back the way it used to be...

#8271 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Interesting. Not sure I like that as I like the challenge.. but at the same time, ive never seen Secret Machine. Maybe Ill play it random until ive seen it and then put it back the way it used to be...

It's a pretty cool mode.

#8272 3 years ago

What's the most Scrumdiddlyumptious shots people have hit??? I maxed at 7 so far....

#8273 3 years ago

Is that just combo shots? I realize getting the letters when making consecutive ramp shots but not sure exactly how that works

Quoted from DaddyManD:

What's the most Scrumdiddlyumptious shots people have hit??? I maxed at 7 so far....

#8274 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

My Friend's Son got 14!!! I have been trying to knock him off for weeks.....

20210306_102829_1615055319296 (resized).jpeg20210306_102829_1615055319296 (resized).jpeg
#8275 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

I actually spelled the entire word in one combo marathon. But that was all I was trying for. There are so few points involved it doesn’t really make sense. Maybe if you had 5x playfield running, but even then, I just don’t see it.

Is there a way to max out points on this?

#8276 3 years ago

Question about the big LCD. I see people posting pictures with rich blue backgrounds, or purple, etc. usually my background colors are brownish. With some purple here and there, mostly for the main high scores.

Is there a setting for this?

#8277 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Question about the big LCD. I see people posting pictures with rich blue backgrounds, or purple, etc. usually my background colors are brownish. With some purple here and there, mostly for the main high scores.
Is there a setting for this?

I have this installed. Plugged into open USB in the backbox. Two of the strips are under the back portion and I originally just left the other two loose in the body. Just the other day, I moved the two remaining strips to behind the mushrooms. Really cool effect. If you turn on the "color changing to music" feature, the mushrooms flash at you. "Psychedelic Trip Mode"

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#8278 3 years ago

Can someone let me know if a screw is missing here? Maybe post a pic of it if there is. Thanks John

EDAAA54A-E4F4-40C7-B275-4AA350575FF7 (resized).jpegEDAAA54A-E4F4-40C7-B275-4AA350575FF7 (resized).jpeg
#8279 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Maybe post a pic

No hole or it's covered by the WONKA sign. This game is an LE.

LTG : )

DSC00480 (resized).JPGDSC00480 (resized).JPG
#8280 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Can someone let me know if a screw is missing here? Maybe post a pic of it if there is. Thanks John[quoted image]

Does the Wonka tower rotate? Looks like it maybe lost a screw from underneath the plastic.

#8281 3 years ago

Here's mine

IMG_2926.jpegIMG_2926.jpeg
#8282 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Does the Wonka tower rotate? Looks like it maybe lost a screw from underneath the plastic.

Yes it is rotated counter clockwise at this point.

#8283 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Yes it is rotated counter clockwise at this point.

Yeah there's a thin black screw that goes into the tower from underneath the plastic. You will probably find it loose under the plastic when you remove it, or inside the cabinet.

Strangely my CE had one go loose there too, shortly after receipt.

#8284 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Can someone let me know if a screw is missing here? Maybe post a pic of it if there is. Thanks John[quoted image]

If you can't find the screw, here's the one you'll need to replace (highlighted, #11)

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 9.40.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-25 at 9.40.44 PM.png
#8285 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I actually spelled the entire word in one combo marathon. But that was all I was trying for. There are so few points involved it doesn’t really make sense. Maybe if you had 5x playfield running, but even then, I just don’t see it.
Is there a way to max out points on this?

The more you collect combos at the gobstopper, the higher the value gets when you do it again.

#8286 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

The more you collect combos at the gobstopper, the higher the value gets when you do it again.

Good to know! I will play some mini games tonight focusing on this again. Thanks!

#8287 3 years ago

Got to see the most secret machine mini wizard mode again last night .....only second time ever) and only bc I set them to random. It really is a super awesome funky mode and definitely one my favorites ever if not my favorite ever.

#8288 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Is that just combo shots? I realize getting the letters when making consecutive ramp shots but not sure exactly how that works

yes and you can cash out by hitting the Gobstopper target (when Wonka's hat is lit you are still "in" Srumdiddly)

#8289 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

My Friend's Son got 14!!! I have been trying to knock him off for weeks.....
[quoted image]

Insanity! Well done!

#8290 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Yes on my CE this screw came out, I found it and took the entire plastic off and screwed back in tight. One week later it came out again, just posted about this the other day. My Wonka tower turns when I hit the blue standup. I need to find the screw again and set it in with Loctite as Zaphx suggests

#8291 3 years ago

I just joined the club and was wondering if i can go from 1.33 to 1.35 with the 1.34-1.35 delta code or do i have to do a full install?

#8292 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I just joined the club and was wondering if i can go from 1.33 to 1.35 with the 1.34-1.35 delta code or do i have to do a full install?

Full install.

#8293 3 years ago

Thanks man! Also how loud is the gobstopper motor suppose to be? mine is sorta loud. Do you guys grease where the 2 gears touch sometimes?

#8294 3 years ago

I’ve had mine for a week and haven’t noticed the motor being loud at all. I also have POTC and the motor on the spinning disc is much louder than the gob stopper

#8295 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I’ve had mine for a week and haven’t noticed the motor being loud at all. I also have POTC and the motor on the spinning disc is much louder than the gob stopper

Im not even sure its called the gobstopper. Its the spinning disk that you hit the target and it spins to open a hole to lock a ball in. When i looked at the mech under the playfield it seemed like the sound was coming from the 2 plastic gears that it uses. 1 little gear on the motor and 1 big gear on the disk.

#8296 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Im not even sure its called the gobstopper. Its the spinning disk that you hit the target and it spins to open a hole to lock a ball in. When i looked at the mech under the playfield it seemed like the sound was coming from the 2 plastic gears that it uses. 1 little gear on the motor and 1 big gear on the disk.

You can use white lithium grease.

#8297 3 years ago

Good morning
Yesterday I picked up a Willy Wonka LE and it is running 1.09 code.From what I have read I must do the full install to 1.35 correct?

I was going to ask about the noisy spinning disk,but see others also have the same issue,and will try some lithium grease

I also keep getting a gobstopper switch error.....like it is sticking maybe?common problem?

Thanks for you help
Rick

#8298 3 years ago

I occasionally get a ball stuck under the left corner of the Agustus spinner bracket. Is the correct remedy to bend the bracket slightly up so the ball can pass under the corner of the bracket, or slightly bend it down so hitting the corner of the bracket will reject the shot.

#8299 3 years ago
Quoted from Malibu-SS:

Yesterday I picked up a Willy Wonka LE and it is running 1.09 code.From what I have read I must do the full install to 1.35 correct?

Yes. Full Install. Follow the directions on the website carefully.

LTG : )

#8300 3 years ago

Can anybody tell me the difference between the Wonkavator mods that Lermods and Modcouple make?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

11,000 (OBO)
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/166?hl=skipnatty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.