IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 280.
#8151 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Did you format the usb stick first? Might try that.
Also instructions when you unzip you just choose the root which sounds like you did.
Folder should just me wonka_update
Did the file fully download? What is the size ?

Formatted the usb drive and tried again...success!!!

1.35 installed and running!

Thanks guys

#8152 3 years ago

So I updated to the latest version, it said it was installed successfully and I needed to reboot. The game loaded and I found out all my scores are wiped out. I'm assuming they are gone for good?

#8153 3 years ago

Got 1.35 to work! Kept my high scores (only a week old from last install). It also kept my custom message but wiped my custom graphic (easy enough to re-install.)

#8154 3 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

I'm assuming they are gone for good?

Yes.

Even on updates that should keep them. I always back them up. Just in case.

LTG : )

#8155 3 years ago
Quoted from Ocelot:

but wiped my custom graphic

Updates take the image out. Backing up doesn't save it either.

Quoted from Ocelot:

(easy enough to re-install.)

Exactly.

#8156 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.
Even on updates that should keep them. I always back them up. Just in case.

Doh. Oh well, I only had 3.1M as the GC. Thanks!

#8157 3 years ago

Question about backups, I see they can save scores and custom messages, but does it also save other changes? Like coil strength changes and all those sorts of things?

#8158 3 years ago

Got 9.5M today on 1 golden ticket. 1.

One!

I suck.

#8159 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Question about backups, I see they can save scores and custom messages, but does it also save other changes? Like coil strength changes and all those sorts of things?

Saves settings, scores, adjustments, changes, on a game that has the picture of player with the high score it saves those too. Any tech reports, saves everything, all sorts of things. Except if you put a custom image in the game. That you'd have to redo if it goes away.

#8160 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Got 9.5M today on 1 golden ticket. 1.
One!
I suck.

Good job though! I just got GC with 3 tickets and 11.6 million. It's a tough game but loving it! Seems so far off to get that 4th ticket...Gobstopper and Wonkavator are tough! We decided not to do the random mode for the first ticket yet...we want to earn Most Secret Machine once before setting to random.

#8161 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Good job though! I just got GC with 3 tickets and 11.6 million. It's a tough game but loving it! Seems so far off to get that 4th ticket...Gobstopper and Wonkavator are tough! We decided not to do the random mode for the first ticket yet...we want to earn Most Secret Machine once before setting to random.

Same, we want it to be special.

#8162 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Same, we want it to be special.

Special is one thing...unobtanium is another! I’m in no hurry to change settings, but after hundreds of games of barely getting to Wonka’s office (twice. Qualified 4 times) I’m not gonna torture myself much longer.

I might narrow the outlanes instead of switch the settings. But if I switch settings I’ll probably keep them open.

#8163 3 years ago

I tossed in a ASUS USB-BT400 BT adapter and it only recognizes my Fitbit. I haven't had luck with my headphones. Odd. Anyone else have success with this adapter? (SE 1.35 build)

#8164 3 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

I tossed in a ASUS USB-BT400 BT adapter and it only recognizes my Fitbit. I haven't had luck with my headphones. Odd. Anyone else have success with this adapter?

I have the same BT adapter and it finds random (unidentifiable) Bluetooth sources. Strange character string names that I don’t recognize.

Doesn’t see my AirPods Pro (maybe it won’t), cheap Amazon Bluetooth headphones or my klipsch sixes Bluetooth speakers that sit right next to WW.

I put the devices in pairing mode when I have WW do a BT search.

Wonder if others have success w BT

#8165 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I have the same BT adapter and it finds random (unidentifiable) Bluetooth sources. Strange character string names that I don’t recognize.
Doesn’t see my AirPods Pro (maybe it won’t), cheap Amazon Bluetooth headphones or my klipsch sixes Bluetooth speakers that sit right next to WW.

Thanks for the share. Based on that, I leaning heavy towards "not supported" but very much hoping someone got it to work.

#8166 3 years ago

Update not working for me either. I’m still on 1.33

Is it really worth all this trouble??

#8167 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Special is one thing...unobtanium is another! I’m in no hurry to change settings, but after hundreds of games of barely getting to Wonka’s office (twice. Qualified 4 times) I’m not gonna torture myself much longer.
I might narrow the outlanes instead of switch the settings. But if I switch settings I’ll probably keep them open.

Haha well I already narrowed the outlanes! To each their own!

#8168 3 years ago

I'm trying to figure out the Bluetooth update. I bought the dongle listed in the upgrade info, updated to 1.35 and attempted to pair.

What exactly is the Bluetooth functionality that the game supports? Is it just headphones? Is there a cool ap like Dialed In had that lets me flip the game from my Barcalounger? Will my game randomly Send Noods to my neighbors? Why do I want this?

#8169 3 years ago

It’s for the noods

Quoted from creech927:

I'm trying to figure out the Bluetooth update. I bought the dongle listed in the upgrade info, updated to 1.35 and attempted to pair.
What exactly is the Bluetooth functionality that the game supports? Is it just headphones? Is there a cool ap like Dialed In had that lets me flip the game from my Barcalounger? Will my game randomly Send Noods to my neighbors? Why do I want this?

#8170 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I have the problem, It recognizes odd Bluetooth devices NONE of my headphones or soundbars.. I gave up ordered the JJP recommended BT adapter.. See if that improves anything.

#8171 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I have the problem, It recognizes odd Bluetooth devices NONE of my headphones or soundbars.. I gave up ordered the JJP recommended BT adapter.. See if that improves anything.

I found that mine will see the Beats wireless headphones and the sounbar but wont connect to them

#8172 3 years ago

Lane, I want my two dollars.

Do you have the ASUS USB-BT400 BT?

#8173 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Lane, I want my two dollars.
Do you have the ASUS USB-BT400 BT?

Jeez Johnny, I dont have a dime

The bluetooth adaptor I have is one I had laying around, it's a Wavlink 4.0. I need to try and source the one that is recommended and try again.

edit..

So I just realised I hadn't tried to connect to bluetooth after I had done the most recent update. I am able to connect to the soundbar.. wow what a difference. Not able to connect to my sons Beats headphones so may just be compatability issue.

#8174 3 years ago
Quoted from creech927:

I'm trying to figure out the Bluetooth update

You'll be trying until the cows come home. Game updating is WiFi, not Bluetooth.

#8175 3 years ago

Upgraded to 1.35 (full install). The game works but I keep getting this pile of errors on the start up. I tried to reinstall but it just boots up to the game. Wondering ifbi need to downgrade the upgrade back? Anyone ever see an issue like this? I opened a ticket with support but haven't heard back.

20210318_155631 (resized).jpg20210318_155631 (resized).jpg20210318_155638 (resized).jpg20210318_155638 (resized).jpg
#8176 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Upgraded to 1.35 (full install). The game works but I keep getting this pile of errors on the start up. I tried to reinstall but it just boots up to the game. Wondering ifbi need to downgrade the upgrade back? Anyone ever see an issue like this? I opened a ticket with support but haven't heard back.
[quoted image][quoted image]

THat's been standard for a while. Looks nasty but it's nothing to worry about.

#8177 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

THat's been standard for a while. Looks nasty but it's nothing to worry about.

Oh really. It wasn't on my 1.33 so I figured it was some sort of issue, lol. It's been playing fine.

#8178 3 years ago

Has anyone noticed that the scoring on Wonkatania Mania seems higher than it was before the 1.34 patch? If so, this was another MUCH needed change.

#8179 3 years ago

Has anyone been able to connect to the WiFi network on 1.35? Friend purchased the recommended adapter but can’t connect to the network.

#8180 3 years ago

Are the random modes default on newest code or does it need to be selected?

#8181 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Has anyone been able to connect to the WiFi network on 1.35?

I did. No problems.

Used the WiFi dongle in the link I've posted before. Went into network settings and found the network I wanted to use, entered the password correctly. Told it to link. It did.

#8182 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

can’t connect to the network.

Does he see the network ?

#8183 3 years ago
Quoted from creech927:

Its just for headphones, yeah the Dialed In flipper thing is cool, once, but beyond that pointless.
I'd rather listen to the machine without headphones as you can also hear the ball and mechanics.
For me and my JJP pins I will only WiFi them not Bluetooth IMHO pointless.

#8184 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Does he see the network ?

Yes you can see the networks. Password saved. Try to connect. Failed. Changed to new passwords still failed. Bought the adapter in the JJP bulletin.

#8185 3 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

used all of them
i use blue as the everyday setting. its not too much light, and looks nice and clean. the "white" setting is not really cool white or warm white,, so blue was my choice

Got mine installed and the 4 of them look great. One problem: my remote doesn't seem to work with the unit. I changed the battery but nothing, so its stuck in "sound react" mode cycling through all of the RBG colors whenever a significant sound is made. (to be fair, a lot of the real reviews on Amazon called the remote "junk".) Its certainly better than before (especially for only 15 bucks!), but unless I can get the remote working somehow I may want to look into somehow wiring this into the GI itself... if that can be done.

#8186 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes you can see the networks. Password saved. Try to connect. Failed. Changed to new passwords still failed. Bought the adapter in the JJP bulletin.

If the machine see the network, then all fine on that end. Issue is with the router or modem. It, or settings on it.

#8187 3 years ago

Sorry if this has been posted... Does anyone have a list of coil setting tweaks made to improve game play?

#8188 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Does anyone have a list of coil setting tweaks made to improve game play?

Could vary from game to game. You'll need to play with yours.

One for sure. Gobstopper Lock Release - set up to 22. Default is lower.

#8189 3 years ago

This video was great and super helpful. zaphX any chance you could convinced to bring it back?

Quoted from zaphX:

I've had a few people request this, this is a deep dive into Kid Multiball and how to get that golden ticket.
I did collect it once about halfway into the stream.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/877425253

#8190 3 years ago
Quoted from erikgilby:

This video was great and super helpful. zaphX any chance you could convinced to bring it back?

Twitch deletes them over time, but good news! That one I replicated to YouTube!

#8191 3 years ago

Awesome zaphX , thanks so much!

Quoted from zaphX:

Twitch deletes them over time, but good news! That one I replicated to YouTube!

#8192 3 years ago

Curious what people have their flippers set to?

Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Sorry if this has been posted... Does anyone have a list of coil setting tweaks made to improve game play?

#8193 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Got mine installed and the 4 of them look great. One problem: my remote doesn't seem to work with the unit. I changed the battery but nothing, so its stuck in "sound react" mode cycling through all of the RBG colors whenever a significant sound is made. (to be fair, a lot of the real reviews on Amazon called the remote "junk".) Its certainly better than before (especially for only 15 bucks!), but unless I can get the remote working somehow I may want to look into somehow wiring this into the GI itself... if that can be done.

you have to get the remote really close to the receiver. try lifting the PF and geting the remote right up to the little box, or behind the backglass if that doesn't work

#8194 3 years ago

Since the latest update the middle left flipper fluctuates, when I press it in. Like it does to tell you when a ball is released. Mind doesnt do this all the time. Very odd any ideas anyone?

#8195 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Since the latest update the middle left flipper fluctuates, when I press it in. Like it does to tell you when a ball is released. Mind doesnt do this all the time. Very odd any ideas anyone?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Are you saying the upper left flipper flutters when you press the switch? If so, I would check the flipper leaf blade and make sure it's making full contact when you press the flipper button switch.

#8196 3 years ago

Yes the flipper flutters when you hold it in. Not all the time though. Just started doing it with this code..

#8197 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Yes the flipper flutters when you hold it in. Not all the time though. Just started doing it with this code..

my upper left flipper has been "sticking" in up position at times. Adjusted the height of it off the playfield but that did not solve it. someone else in forum estrader said it was their coil sleeve being too tight which fixed it, but I haven't gotten around to checking it yet. Mine was happening before last code update so doubt code related. But mine isn't fluttering either so could be a different issue.

#8198 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

I'd start by making sure the contacts are adjusted properly first. The code update could just be coincidence.

#8199 3 years ago

Any protectors that I need to purchase for a Willy Wonka LE/CE?

#8200 3 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Any protectors that I need to purchase for a Willy Wonka LE/CE?

I recommend 2 of the generic slot protectors from Cliffy, as those slots tend to get beaten up pretty badly by the ball drops.

Install them open side DOWN to avoid stuck balls.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

11,000 (OBO)
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/164 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.