IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 279.
#8101 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

I was just about to update my machine to 1.34, but now I noticed Jersey Jack has no reference of the 1.34 patch on its website, they pulled the patch entirely. They must have been receiving too many complaints. Maybe we should hold off on updating.

I was just thinking the same thing. Best off to wait I guess.

#8102 3 years ago

No issues in my end just improvements. Just chiming in with new code.

Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I was just thinking the same thing. Best off to wait I guess.

#8103 3 years ago

New code has been great for me.. weird they pulled it

#8104 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

New code has been great for me.. weird they pulled it

mine too. working great

#8105 3 years ago

Mine has been fine also, we play it daily.

#8106 3 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

Mine has been fine also, we play it daily.

Same

#8107 3 years ago
Quoted from chillme:Mine has been fine also, we play it daily.

Yep all good here on new code as well.

#8108 3 years ago

Shame, they pulled the updated code.

I was planning on downloading it and updating mine this weekend. Oh well I’ll have to wait a little longer.

#8109 3 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

Shame, they pulled the updated code.
I was planning on downloading it and updating mine this weekend. Oh well I’ll have to wait a little longer.

#8110 3 years ago

Maybe they posted the wrong code...the small one from a few months ago...that they decided to make better?

#8111 3 years ago

A little communication would be nice. I guess we all have to read minds or make assumptions. That always works out well. Lol I’m not sure how you remove code completely without even a notation.

#8112 3 years ago

Mine been working great too. Maybe they will add a few bells and whistles? Like a way to discern if you got the various kid jackpots while you are in Kid MB?
And some new Kandy Kodes?

#8113 3 years ago

This is from their website

Version 01.35 March 15, 2021 ==
== ISO MD5 Checksum: b5eec570c3a5143bf5a60506bc62be13 ==
== DELTA MD5 Checksum: f044f4cf65f63610d98f1ae22a5e705e ==
==============================================================================

- note: this is available in a "full" install release and
in a "delta" upgrade, which can be installed over v01.34

=== Game Code
* various bug fixes and improvements

=== Core Code
* fixed bug that caused games on v01.34 to not be able to update over wifi.
owners with games on that version can download the USB update from our
website to get the game to update
* Scorbit QR code now only shows during the first time a player plunges
+ added a shaker motor test
* you can now read the changelog even if there is no update available
* various other bug fixes and improvements

#8114 3 years ago

One thing that I've noticed since I've been running 1.34 (and just now with 1.35) is that sometimes after I turn the machine on and just let it set for 5 min or so, the gobstopper hole will rote 90 degrees clockwise and remain in the 3 o'clock position. When I start a game, it then rotates 180 degrees to the 9 o'clock position (I have it set up super easy for the kids, so it normally starts with the gobstopper hole open) and tries to operate "normally" from there, but remains 90 degrees out of sync with where it should be. When I go to the device tests and spin it around to where it ought to be, it plays nice again. Still looking for more patterns to the behavior.

#8115 3 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

One thing that I've noticed since I've been running 1.34 (and just now with 1.35) is that sometimes after I turn the machine on and just let it set for 5 min or so, the gobstopper hole will rote 90 degrees clockwise and remain in the 3 o'clock position. When I start a game, it then rotates 180 degrees to the 9 o'clock position (I have it set up super easy for the kids, so it normally starts with the gobstopper hole open) and tries to operate "normally" from there, but remains 90 degrees out of sync with where it should be. When I go to the device tests and spin it around to where it ought to be, it plays nice again. Still looking for more patterns to the behavior.

When I had weird behavior out of the gobstopper hole like that, it was loose set screws on the gear that spins the mech.
They eventually got so loose the gear dropped and stopped spinning entirely.

Easy no-cost fix, just raised the gear and retightened.

IMG_0157 (resized).jpegIMG_0157 (resized).jpeg
#8116 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

When I had weird behavior out of the gobstopper hole like that, it was loose set screws on the gear that spins the mech.
They eventually got so loose the gear dropped and stopped spinning entirely.
Easy no-cost fix, just raised the gear and retightened.
[quoted image]

Thanks. I'll take a look tonight and see if that helps.

#8117 3 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

I had the same behavior on 1.34.. now after the update to 1.35 it seems to be gone.

#8118 3 years ago

Was on 1.34 with no complaints...tried the delta USB upgrade to .35 and failed 3 times. So then went for the full install to 1.35 - after game reboot it shows me still on 1.34...Think I’ll just enjoy .34 for a few more days before trying again.

#8119 3 years ago

Trying to figure this out. The link to 1.35 full update on the web site is dead. Based on posts above, it has been pulled by the company?

#8120 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Trying to figure this out. The link to 1.35 full update on the web site is dead. Based on posts above, it has been pulled by the company?

http://downloadseu.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/WillyWonka&theChocolateFactory-v01.35.iso

Looks like it is there?

#8121 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

This is the US one
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/WillyWonka&theChocolateFactory-v01.35.iso

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

I had to open it in a new window if that helps.

#8122 3 years ago

The new code, especially the randomization feature for Golden Ticket modes, has been great. I have finally gotten to see (and fail at) Wonka's Office without having a beyond-epic game.

#8123 3 years ago

So I successfully installed 1.34 a week ago and my game is connected to my WiFi.

An hour ago I downloaded 1.35 via WiFi and wonka told me that the download was successful.

Selected “install update” and pressed start button twice (as prompted).

My screen has been stuck as shown with no movement of the task bar for an hour.

Dare I shut the game off and try again?

A1D8EC40-FD0B-4C77-B9FE-D446F6712FC5 (resized).jpegA1D8EC40-FD0B-4C77-B9FE-D446F6712FC5 (resized).jpeg
#8124 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

So I successfully installed 1.34 a week ago and my game is connected to my WiFi.
An hour ago I downloaded 1.35 via WiFi and wonka told me that the download was successful.
Selected “install update” and pressed start button twice (as prompted).
My screen has been stuck as shown with no movement of the task bar for an hour.
Dare I shut the game off and try again?[quoted image]

Yeah, you're going to need to do the 1.35 update via USB (one final time they say). Sounds like 1.35 fixes at least one bug with the wifi updating. I had the same situation as you yesterday and had no troubles when I powered down and did the update via USB. Good luck!

#8125 3 years ago

1.35 worked for me using usb. Had to power cycle after successfully installing. I used the delta.

#8126 3 years ago
Quoted from Figment:

Was on 1.34 with no complaints...tried the delta USB upgrade to .35 and failed 3 times. So then went for the full install to 1.35 - after game reboot it shows me still on 1.34...Think I’ll just enjoy .34 for a few more days before trying again.

This is why I generally wait a couple of week before upgrading....on my pins and my iphone! Sometimes it pays to let the dust settle!!

#8127 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

1.35 worked for me using usb. Had to power cycle after successfully installing. I used the delta.

Quoted from Goyomex:

This is why I generally wait a couple of week before upgrading....on my pins and my iphone! Sometimes it pays to let the dust settle!!

Yeah I just tried the 1.34 to 1.35 delta upgrade using three different usb drives. They all failed. I unzipped the folders so they were in the drive’s root directory as illustrated on the JJP site, but no love.

Figure I need to do a full install now.

My 1.34 is working fine, so I may just wait a week or so to “let the dust settle” as it were.

#8128 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Yeah I just tried the 1.34 to 1.35 delta upgrade using three different usb drives. They all failed. I unzipped the folders so they were in the drive’s root directory as illustrated on the JJP site, but no love.
My 1.34 is working fine, so I may just wait a week or so to “let the dust settle” as it were.

For me, their instructions seem a bit off. After you extract the file, you'll have a folder named "wonka_update-v01.35". Inside that folder, there is a folder named "wonka_update". I move that "wonka_update" folder to the root of my usb stick. Then I'm able to get the update to work for me.

#8129 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Quoted from crobby:

For me, their instructions seem a bit off. After you extract the file, you'll have a folder named "wonka_update-v01.35". Inside that folder, there is a folder named "wonka_update". I move that "wonka_update" folder to the root of my usb stick. Then I'm able to get the update to work for me.

Odd, I did the update last night and just unzipped the file into the root directory on the USB stick, didn't move any folders around.

Did another backup before I did the installed. I unpacked the backup file and found that it contains the photos taken during the games, they are PNG files, nice little find.

#8130 3 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

For me, their instructions seem a bit off. After you extract the file, you'll have a folder named "wonka_update-v01.35". Inside that folder, there is a folder named "wonka_update". I move that "wonka_update" folder to the root of my usb stick. Then I'm able to get the update to work for me. I'

Quoted from chillme:

Odd, I did the update last night and just unzipped the file into the root directory on the USB stick, didn't move any folders around.
Did another backup before I did the installed. I unpacked the backup file and found that it contains the photos taken during the games, they are PNG files, nice little find.

I should probably note that I'm using Linux (Fedora 33), yes I'm a nerd. That may impact the behavior of my unzipping relative to what others experience. I never noticed (nor looked for) the photos in the backups. Cool find! Thanks.

#8131 3 years ago

If you're using Windows, as long as you unzip to root, you'll have a folder named "wonka_update", no version number. It'll work as is if so

#8132 3 years ago

Did you format the usb stick first? Might try that.

Also instructions when you unzip you just choose the root which sounds like you did.

Folder should just me wonka_update

Did the file fully download? What is the size ?

Quoted from SBrothers:

#8133 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

The new code, especially the randomization feature for Golden Ticket modes, has been great. I have finally gotten to see (and fail at) Wonka's Office without having a beyond-epic game.

Agreed.. I've seen that one plenty and failed miserably most times lol... wait till you see the most secret machine .... I seen it for first time the other week and its awesome and probably one of my all time favorites now.

#8134 3 years ago

There is also different options now for collecting wonka bars from the upper left flipper to spinner shot . Also noticed u can pick what video quality you want the movie clips to be which is pretty cool.

#8135 3 years ago

Nice, what’s the default on the video quality? It really is a terrific game with great modes and satisfying shots..

I also ended up downloading the delta via usb. When I tried via wifi the download bar never moved. So quit out and tried it with the usb and it worked a treat. Enjoying Scorbit too!

#8136 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

I was just about to update my machine to 1.34, but now I noticed Jersey Jack has no reference of the 1.34 patch on its website, they pulled the patch entirely. They must have been receiving too many complaints. Maybe we should hold off on updating.

I noticed this over the weekend and decided its best to wait until they feel its good enough to put back on the website..

#8137 3 years ago

Ok im confused. I see 1.35 on the website now, but thought the new version was 1.34?

They did two new releases lately?

So I assume, since I didnt do 1.34, I should just do the full install of 1.35? Im on 1.33 currently.

#8138 3 years ago

You will want to skip over the 1.34 and install the FULL 1.35 and NOT the delta.

Quoted from Rager170:

Ok im confused. I see 1.35 on the website now, but thought the new version was 1.34?
They did two new releases lately?
So I assume, since I didnt do 1.34, I should just do the full install of 1.35? Im on 1.33 currently.

#8139 3 years ago

So I just tried the delta upgrade from 1.34 to 1.35 on two different USB sticks (my go-to and a random) No luck.

I then tried a full install up to 1.35. Again on both sticks. No luck.

Finally, I tried the update over wifi (which was doomed from the start because 1.35 is fixing a 1.34 wifi error, right?) The 9mb file downloaded okay but hung on a "Can't Verify" error. So no luck there, either.

I thought St. Patrick's Day was supposed to be lucky! (Ha. No biggie, really enjoying 1.34.)

#8140 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

You will want to skip over the 1.34 and install the FULL 1.35 and NOT the delta.

Perfect. Thank you for that explanation.

#8141 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There is also different options now for collecting wonka bars from the upper left flipper to spinner shot . Also noticed u can pick what video quality you want the movie clips to be which is pretty cool.

I didn't see that video quality option yet, not sure I understand what that would do, is it just changing the resolution / real estate taken up on the screen (which to me is completely different than "quality", can't fathom why you would want to actually adjust the true "quality"!)?

#8142 3 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

I didn't see that video quality option yet, not sure I understand what that would do, is it just changing the resolution / real estate taken up on the screen (which to me is completely different than "quality", can't fathom why you would want to actually adjust the true "quality"!)?

On earlier versions of Wonka, the video was made to look grainy on purpose, like an older movie. This was removed at some point. I would imagine that this options allows you to add the grain back.

#8143 3 years ago
Quoted from Ocelot:

I then tried a full install up to 1.35. Again on both sticks. No luck.

Please start over fresh. Follow full install directions carefully. There are two mirrors on the website, USA and EU, try the one you didn't use. Then try different USB sticks. Nothing else on them, 8GB to 16GB.

LTG : )

#8144 3 years ago

Performed the 1.35 with no issues. Wondering where the USB Bluetooth Dongle goes?

#8145 3 years ago

I just did the 1.34 to 1.35 delta upgrade via usb. seems to have worked fine. the actual usb update part took about 2 seconds! about to play! come on 17 million!

#8146 3 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

On earlier versions of Wonka, the video was made to look grainy on purpose, like an older movie. This was removed at some point. I would imagine that this options allows you to add the grain back.

Really? I wouldnt call the videos now HD or even close..

#8147 3 years ago

Wonka has wifi updating? I never knew, thats awesome.

#8148 3 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Wondering where the USB Bluetooth Dongle goes?

I got one of these : https://www.microcenter.com/product/485912/inland-4-port-usb-31-(gen-1-type-a)-hub---black

Plugged it into the USB cable by the cashbox. Then plugged the WiFi dongle and Bluetooth dongle into it.

#8149 3 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

I just did the 1.34 to 1.35 delta upgrade via usb. seems to have worked fine. the actual usb update part took about 2 seconds! about to play! come on 17 million!

Same here, delta upgrade literally took about 2 seconds (so fast I thought it might have not worked), rebooted, and confirmed I'm on 1.35. Play time!

#8150 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please start over fresh. Follow full install directions carefully. There are two mirrors on the website, USA and EU, try the one you didn't use. Then try different USB sticks. Nothing else on them, 8GB to 16GB.

Thanks, LTG. I'll give it another shot tonight with the EU mirrors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,600 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/163?hl=unlockpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.