IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 279.
#8051 3 years ago

Agreed his videos are great super informative.

Curious now that you have GnR in the house are Wonka and Pirates still tied as your favorites? zaphX

Quoted from zaphX:

I agree that some kind of visual indicator for which kid jackpots are collected would be awesome!
Maybe a colored circle around the kid heads or something.

#8052 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Consider watching the #Zaphx video tutorial on Wonka. He does a Perfect zone by zone explanation of the display graphics. Really helped me understand whats going on.

Wow that looks incredibly useful; watched a little and am looking forward to soaking in the whole thing. I'm really hoping to get a little more insight into what the 6 "other" magnets do and how they relate to the little light burst / cluster areas on the playfield. Thanks for sharing the video yall!

#8053 3 years ago

He has a couple videos to check out FYI

Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Wow that looks incredibly useful; watched a little and am looking forward to soaking in the whole thing. I'm really hoping to get a little more insight into what the 6 "other" magnets do and how they relate to the little light burst / cluster areas on the playfield. Thanks for sharing the video yall!

#8054 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The JJP site doesn’t have the download files currently. What’s the deal? Is there an issue with the download?
Has anyone uploaded the new code found on the quoted link? Just want to see if it’s tried and true.
Thx.

No clue. I loaded it up on my machine and I haven't had any issues so far. It could be that too many people were downloading these large ISO images from their site and causing slowness problems. Regardless, I'll leave it there for others to grab if they want.

#8055 3 years ago

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “New Wonka LE apron signed by Lawlor. Not really sure where to price this. I’ll start it at $150 obo + shipping.”
2021-03-12
Sioux Falls, SD
150 (OBO)
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 215 times

#8056 3 years ago

Price drop. $450

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “New playfield for Wonka. Never installed or taken out of the box. I'm happy to pull it out and snap some pictures for the buyer if needed. $450 + shipping.”
2021-03-01
Sioux Falls, SD
450 (Firm)
Archived after: 21 days
Viewed: 374 times

#8057 3 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Camera on mine during oomph loompa is way better now. Hopefully it's your settings.
On another note, does anybody understand the graphics on the monitor in regards to the progression of the gum targets and Mike tv?
Also it seems to me the color of the magnet clusters seems to advance as you play, any idea if this is the case or what causes it?

me too. Prior to 1.34 my camera was facing ceiling during Oompa Loompa, now its perfect

#8058 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Consider watching the #Zaphx video tutorial on Wonka. He does a Perfect zone by zone explanation of the display graphics. Really helped me understand whats going on.

Yes, I've seen it, great video. Had my machine for well over a year and it wasn't until his video that the rules finally made sense to me. Changed the way I play for the better.

The couple things I still don't fully understand the three fans for Mike TV and their significance. The other I don't fully understand is the food that appears in the upper left of the screen for Violet and how it corresponds to the gum targets.

#8059 3 years ago

I think in the video he describes each of the 3 fans and food plates as the 3 shots you need to qualify the kid.

Quoted from janus:

Yes, I've seen it, great video. Had my machine for well over a year and it wasn't until his video that the rules finally made sense to me. Changed the way I play for the better.
The couple things I still don't fully understand the three fans for Mike TV and their significance. The other I don't fully understand is the food that appears in the upper left of the screen for Violet and how it corresponds to the gum targets.

#8060 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

No clue. I loaded it up on my machine and I haven't had any issues so far. It could be that too many people were downloading these large ISO images from their site and causing slowness problems. Regardless, I'll leave it there for others to grab if they want.

I grabbed it, and I thank you for making it available! I’m going to install this weekend.

#8061 3 years ago
Quoted from janus:

A plate of food is shown for each G-U-M target you hit. From the movie these were the 3 food tastes when Violet chews the gum. The fans each represent a shot being hit towards Mike Teavee (center loop, Wonkavision, camera ramp). Not sure what significane the fans had int he movie.

#8062 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

A plate of food is shown for each G-U-M target you hit. From the movie these were the 3 food tastes when Violet chews the gum. The fans each represent a shot being hit towards Mike Teavee (center loop, Wonkavision, camera ramp). Not sure what significane the fans had int he movie.

I think it's center loop, left loop, and the Wonkavision saucer.....maybe I'm wrong?

#8063 3 years ago

Received WW CE today. Ordered it from Mike at Great American Pinball. When it was delivered, I just checked the box to make sure box was not damaged. And then I noticed this email taped to the box after the delivery person left (see photo). I was not pleased when I saw this. I immediately called Mike and left a message, did not hear back from yet. I called JJP and talked to Mike Fox (MF) about the email. MF says that this pinball was not a show room or displayed one. He also said that this was refused by the previous buyer (he does not know the reason and not noted in computer), and he remembers checking the pinball out and re-boxing it. The manufactured pinball date show Nov 2019 and he said all WW CE were made in 2019 in NJ before moving to Chicago. I believe MF but anyone can say anything. Good thing is MF told me that he talked to Mike at Great American pinball and he will take the pinball back if I want to return it. I am sure if I send this pinball back, they will just remove this email. I was looking forward this pinball and not happy to see this. Also, this is a second issue I had with JJP. I had bubble issue in side cabinet with brand new GNR. Should I return and order another one? I think some other distributors still has WW CE.

IMG_3821 (resized).jpgIMG_3821 (resized).jpgIMG_3823 (resized).jpgIMG_3823 (resized).jpgIMG_3824 (resized).jpgIMG_3824 (resized).jpg
#8064 3 years ago

Possible show game for display but never used.

Could have been for Promotional trailers . Wouldn’t bother me. If condition is mint then just be happy you have a CE!

#8065 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Could have been for Promotional trailers . Wouldn’t bother me. If condition is mint then just be happy you have a CE!

Thank you. I am leaning toward to keeping it.

#8066 3 years ago

There are other distributors with CE why not order from them and this back. Sucks I can understand not wanting the hassle it’s an awesome game been playing non. Stop.

Quoted from pbjksb:

#8067 3 years ago

Btw, Mike Fox is a great guy and an asset to JJP.

#8068 3 years ago

I'd open it. If it's new as promised, keep it. If not, send it back. What's the downside?

There are instructions for unboxing without destroying the box.

#8069 3 years ago

This is good point since it sounds like it has been opened once already.

Quoted from zaphX:

I'd open it. If it's new as promised, keep it. If not, send it back. What's the downside?

#8070 3 years ago
Quoted from pbjksb:

If it was a show game - but still in “like new” condition - than you should get 5% (10?) rebate, or something like that. If it’s a nice game, you may as well keep it, but that’s up to you.

#8071 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I agree. And if any issues, isn't this really on the distributor rather than JJP? The email was on the side of the box so the distributor knew what he was shipping you and didn't tell you ahead of time.

#8072 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

I agree. And if any issues, isn't this really on the distributor rather than JJP? The email was on the side of the box so the distributor knew what he was shipping you and didn't tell you ahead of time.

I checked my order and I ordered this on Feb 23rd and email on the box was dated Feb 26th, so Mike from Great American Pinball (GAP) should have known about this but did not disclose this to me. I am sure JJP told Mike about the condition of the pinball. If I knew about this and Mike disclosed it to me, then I would have definitely rejected this pinball. I also asked Mike from GAP if the pinball was ever opened before because I wanted NIB but he never responded to that question, so I assume that it was NIB. When someone is paying $12.5K for NIB, that is what the buyer is expecting, not a return from another buyer (according to Mike Fox at JJP). This is somewhat disappointing!

#8073 3 years ago
Quoted from pbjksb:

I checked my order and I ordered this on Feb 23rd and email on the box was dated Feb 26th, so Mike from Great American Pinball (GAP) should have known about this but did not disclose this to me. I am sure JJP told Mike about the condition of the pinball. If I knew about this and Mike disclosed it to me, then I would have definitely rejected this pinball. I also asked Mike from GAP if the pinball was ever opened before because I wanted NIB but he never responded to that question, so I assume that it was NIB. When someone is paying $12.5K for NIB, that is what the buyer is expecting, not a return from another buyer (according to Mike Fox at JJP). This is somewhat disappointing!

Yea, I'd be unhappy as well. This one shouldn't have been shipped to you in the first place without you being told what you were getting. And what's up with the guy from GAP not responding to emails? That's always a red flag to me. If it were me I'd take advantage of the offer of sending this back to GAP.....and do it now before he doesn't return your emails/calls regarding pickup. Hopefully you didn't do a wire if he drags his feet on the refund. I'd dispute the charge while you are waiting to get it sent back, but that's just me. There are plenty of CE's NIB out there.....give Jason a call at Classic Game Rooms....Got my LE from him. Had it delivered within a few days of ordering.

#8074 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffster:

Yea, I'd be unhappy as well. This one shouldn't have been shipped to you in the first place without you being told what you were getting. And what's up with the guy from GAP not responding to emails? That's always a red flag to me. If it were me I'd take advantage of the offer of sending this back to GAP.....and do it now before he doesn't return your emails/calls regarding pickup. Hopefully you didn't do a wire if he drags his feet on the refund. I'd dispute the charge while you are waiting to get it sent back, but that's just me. There are plenty of CE's NIB out there.....give Jason a call at Classic Game Rooms....Got my LE from him. Had it delivered within a few days of ordering.

I bought my CE from Jason at Classic Gamerooms last week. Quick and easy- no problems. I think he still has more.

#8075 3 years ago

Ok, where is the 1.34 code to download? I cant find it on the JJP website...

#8076 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

^^^this

Although should have been disclosed. Bummer, but not the end of the world. If it’s in new shape, it’s new and once you throw the box away, I wouldn’t give it another thought (other than maybe ask for something back from the distributor).

#8077 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffster:

Lets set the record straight, the story is not being told correctly. I purchased 2 games from JJP, 1 new Wonka CE and 1 show game. Mike Fox an employee of JJP can confirm this because he oversaw the transaction of these games with JJP and GAP. In Jen's email she did not know 1 of the 2 games was new, so she missed typed the email, thinking both games were show games and they were not. I paid for one show game and 1 new game which the show game was slightly discounted and the new one was not. She assumed they were both show games and they were not, so there lies the mistake in the email. Not Jen's fault at all. Mike Fox can also confirm this. The customer received the game today and called me at 12:11am I missed his call. The customer got a hold of Mike Fox and explained his concerns and Mike called me to discuss the game. that was at 12:19pm. I told Mike Fox I would take the game back at this time if he was not happy, full refund Mike Fox called the customer back, to explain that we would take it back, but Mike also told him that game was new, never opened, that they got that game back because a customer didn't want it. He had to open it and inspect to make sure nothing was wrong, test it and then reboxed it. Mike unboxed it inspected it with another employee and deemed that there was nothing wrong with the the game and that it was never opened, never played and there was nothing wrong with it. They tested it, like they would do in the factory. As of !2:30 pm, Mike Fox called me back and said that he explained everything to the customer, because he personally oversaw this machine and that they were sold out at the factory and that it was new and that I would take it back if the customer was unhappy and the customer told Mike Fox at that time he would keep the machine. That's at about 12:30pm. Mike Fox called me back and told me everything was fine and the customer was going to keep the game. I assumed everything was good, Mike said customer was keeping it, until a friend of mine read this thread and told me about it. I get that the customers concern, in that he thinks he maybe getting a a used game by the letter on the box but that letter was wrong, didn't know it was there. If I thought for one minute it was used I, I mean played by another customer and returned, I would never have sold him this machine. Plus JJP confirmed it was new and never used. If the customer told Mike Fox he was keeping the game at 12:30pm why is he posting in this thread? Why didn't he call Mike Fox back or Myself and say he thought about it and wanted to return it after all. We told him he could. The game is brand new, not sure what more to say.

GAP

#8078 3 years ago

I hear you - but consumers may see this as more of an “open box”. If I order something from Amazon... open it up and look at it... decide I don’t want it even though it’s brand new... when I send it back is it brand new?

Even if I don’t open it say an Apple Watch if I return it someone will need to verify the product.

Doesn’t seem new anymore and I’d like to know that was the case. Just my opinion

Quoted from GAP:

Lets set the record straight, the story is not being told correctly. I purchased 2 games from JJP, 1 new Wonka CE and 1 show game. Mike Fox an employee of JJP can confirm this because he oversaw the transaction of these games with JJP and GAP. In Jen's email she did not know 1 of the 2 games was new, so she missed typed the email, thinking both games were show games and they were not. I paid for one show game and 1 new game which the show game was slightly discounted and the new one was not. She assumed they were both show games and they were not, so there lies the mistake in the email. Not Jen's fault at all. Mike Fox can also confirm this. The customer received the game today and called me at 12:11am I missed his call. The customer got a hold of Mike Fox and explained his concerns and Mike called me to discuss the game. that was at 12:19pm. I told Mike Fox I would take the game back at this time if he was not happy, full refund Mike Fox called the customer back, to explain that we would take it back, but Mike also told him that game was new, never opened, that they got that game back because a customer didn't want it. He had to open it and inspect to make sure nothing was wrong, test it and then reboxed it. Mike unboxed it inspected it with another employee and deemed that there was nothing wrong with the the game and that it was never opened, never played and there was nothing wrong with it. They tested it, like they would do in the factory. As of !2:30 pm, Mike Fox called me back and said that he explained everything to the customer, because he personally oversaw this machine and that they were sold out at the factory and that it was new and that I would take it back if the customer was unhappy and the customer told Mike Fox at that time he would keep the machine. That's at about 12:30pm. Mike Fox called me back and told me everything was fine and the customer was going to keep the game. I assumed everything was good, Mike said customer was keeping it, until a friend of mine read this thread and told me about it. I get that the customers concern, in that he thinks he maybe getting a a used game by the letter on the box but that letter was wrong, didn't know it was there. If I thought for one minute it was used I, I mean played by another customer and returned, I would never have sold him this machine. Plus JJP confirmed it was new and never used. If the customer told Mike Fox he was keeping the game at 12:30pm why is he posting in this thread? Why didn't he call Mike Fox back or Myself and say he thought about it and wanted to return it after all. We told him he could. The game is brand new, not sure what more to say.
GAP

#8079 3 years ago

I did speak to this customer today and personally oversaw the inspection, testing and boxing of this machine. It was a new game and was boxed up as such. Mike (GAP) did purchase this new game and one used “show game” at the same time. The game his customer received was the new game. It is unfortunate that the error in the attached email led to the confusion. I spoke to the customer at length at 12:31PM CST, assured him it was new, offered to have the game shipped back and offered to assist in finding another distributor who could offer him another machine. It was his decision at that time to keep the machine.

Michael

#8080 3 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

GAP

Thanks for sharing, would be good enough for me to open, enjoy, and put the confusion behind.

#8081 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

This is good point since it sounds like it has been opened once already.

It sounds to me there was some miscommunication but your game is indeed new (and in fact, checked out twice by the factory - once on initial ship and again after the return.)

I would open with confidence and have a great weekend playing Wonka and forget about the silly box.

#8082 3 years ago

Wait a minute.....Jen DiCosmo Guarnieri.....could there be a more Italian name out there?!

Enjoy the game!

#8083 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It sounds to me there was some miscommunication but your game is indeed new (and in fact, checked out twice by the factory - once on initial ship and again after the return.)
I would open with confidence and have a great weekend playing Wonka and forget about the silly box.

I decided to return for full refund. Mike Fox reassured me that it was brand new and I talked to Mike at GAP also but I was more comfortable sending this pinball back for full refund. Initially I wanted to keep it but decided to return, it was my comfort zone more than anything else. Both Mike's were very friendly and helpful. Mike at GAP was very helpful with setting up a quick return. I am not having much luck with JJP lately, as I am returning GNR NIB due to bubbling issues on side cabinets.

#8084 3 years ago
Quoted from pbjksb:

I decided to return for full refund. Mike Fox reassured me that it was brand new and I talked to Mike at GAP also but I was more comfortable sending this pinball back for full refund.

Wow.

#8085 3 years ago

Btw, thank you all for comments. I am sort of newbie so this forum helps a lot!

#8086 3 years ago
Quoted from pbjksb:

Editing my original comment.

The thing about pinball is: it's not gonna be perfect, EVER.
There are always going to be little issue in any pin, if you look hard enough.

I try to sort issues into the following buckets:

- Fixable, without needing parts
- Fixable, with parts
- Liveable flaw
- Unliveable flaw

Unless it's in the 4th bucket, I'm not going to let it bother me much.

I really think you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater sending back a game because of an email taped to the box, but you do you.

#8087 3 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Wait a minute.....Jen DiCosmo Guarnieri.....could there be a more Italian name out there?!
Enjoy the game!

Quoted from zaphX:

That is clear. You might want to consider just sticking to Xbox.

Quoted from zaphX:

That is clear. You might want to consider just sticking to Xbox.

Maybe I should! But love my TZ and Addams that I bought over 10 years ago! Just started looking at pinball again after many years of hiatus and pandemic gave me some free time to take out the pinballs. Just bought Road show recently. Maybe I should just stick to used pinball! Lol!

#8088 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

- Fixable, with parts
- Liveable flaw
- Unliveable flaw
I really think you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater sending back a game because of an email taped to the box, but you do you.

I agree wholeheartedly but wanting everything to be perfect surgeon personality part of me says otherwise. Need to improve the latter part but not during surgery. Have a nice weekend.

#8089 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

- Fixable, with parts
- Liveable flaw
- Unliveable flaw

I will keep that in mind next time! Thanks!

#8090 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If the guy isn’t comfortable with the game now before opening the box every time he has an issue with a game he’s going to question himself. Best to return the game and find a new one.

#8091 3 years ago
Quoted from pbjksb:

11 years on Pinside and still a newbie???? “Never stop learning” is a good life motto, but that might be taking it a bit too far.

#8092 3 years ago

OK for those gurus of Wonka out there...on the screen to right of the Wonkavator image there is a pink pipe (not Augustus pipe). It starts with nothing on it but over time a number appears on it, 100, 500, 1000....anyone know what these values represent? Golden Ticket to the first person to know! LOL

#8093 3 years ago

pbjksb It's great that you are back into this hobby. It's also great that you had a forum to post your issue, and it is also great that it was so quickly resolved by both JJP and GAP who in my experience are both top notch. It's part of the nature of pinball and just doing business in general. There was a miscommunication and it was promptly addressed and Pinside worked exactly as it should bringing folks together to provide assistance, welcome them in and enjoy the hobby for years. Consider our friend LTG who probably doesn't know it but is a big reason I continue to buy pins...I know I have someone graciously at the ready to help when there's a problem....thank you LTG! Don't be discouraged and enjoy your NIB WW CE....it is the BEST GAME EVER!

#8094 3 years ago
Quoted from pbjksb:

I decided to return for full refund. Mike Fox reassured me that it was brand new and I talked to Mike at GAP also but I was more comfortable sending this pinball back for full refund. Initially I wanted to keep it but decided to return, it was my comfort zone more than anything else. Both Mike's were very friendly and helpful. Mike at GAP was very helpful with setting up a quick return. I am not having much luck with JJP lately, as I am returning GNR NIB due to bubbling issues on side cabinets.

The game was confirmed new by the manufacturer and distributor. What more do you want?

#8095 3 years ago
Quoted from pbjksb:

Maybe I should just stick to used pinball! Lol!

This. You just solved all future expectation problems. Plus, in many cases, you will save a little on depreciation. Patience will will save you most every time.

#8096 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The game was confirmed new by the manufacturer and distributor. What more do you want?

Mike was nice enough to take the pinball back and give full refund, so issue is solved. As mentioned, it was my comfort level. Everyone is different, so everyone’s comfort level and doing things are different. I also look for post sale customer service and this will bring me back to the seller again because now some sort of trust is developed, if anything happens. Mike was understanding of how I felt and I will do business again with him since now I can see that he will take care the customer. Thank you for your comment.

#8097 3 years ago
Quoted from Troostr:

This. You just solved all future expectation problems. Plus, in many cases, you will save a little on depreciation. Patience will will save you most every time.

I am seriously thinking about going that route. So far, I had no issues with buying older pinballs. Honestly, older pinballs games are lots of fun and fiddle around with. Sure, I had pinball issues and had to do some repairs but I expected some issues with older ones because it’s older.

#8098 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Okay, I tested Q324 that leads to the Wonkavator VUK. Looks like a bad transistor. I'm getting 84ohm on the bad one and 10ohm on its neighbors. I'm not sure I'm testing this right but figured going from emitter to receiver was right. I only had one EE class in school and sucked at it.
I noticed a scorching near the transistor leads on the PCB backside. Probably not coincidence.
Everyone, I hope you're seeing this post because I suspect the software update and this event were likely not related on my machine. I'll report back what JJP says. They are such a cool company.
[quoted image][quoted image]

JJP sent me a new driver board. Everything's great. Need to run a burn-in still. Thanks for all the help guys!

#8099 3 years ago

Nothing like a new in box smell from a brand new machine though!

#8100 3 years ago

I was just about to update my machine to 1.34, but now I noticed Jersey Jack has no reference of the 1.34 patch on its website, they pulled the patch entirely. They must have been receiving too many complaints. Maybe we should hold off on updating.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/162?hl=tdavis7965 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.