23%

(482 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8CC7551A-A9B9-47F8-BCA0-10668D5FEA13 (resized).jpeg
A17F4802-C062-4CB1-9144-EAE13D4AB59C (resized).jpeg
WW Trough Issues (resized).jpg
IMG_0481 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png (© https://ohheyheather.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Debbie-Downer-1.gif)
20190903_175830 (resized).jpg
post4 (resized).jpg
outlane (resized).jpg
WonkaStrim.jpg
E4FB6A23-05AA-4140-BD51-70749AEB99D2 (resized).jpeg
64214B4C-0A17-4720-9DCE-2EACE9D73F11 (resized).jpeg
1D34D964-9F83-4276-8857-EFC2A1C3BB1C (resized).jpeg
40cb7fba060551583b761a620b3e5e36ff748108 (resized).jpg
df7ad4e11fefd5d5f87052cd0830f9b853717cfa (resized).jpg
30B112A4-423C-4D72-BBAE-907080164E8F (resized).jpeg
4439C432-D712-4023-8A59-BB800B69D074 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9779 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 196.
#7801 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I did.
LTG : )

So you're saying now would be a good time to come put high score on your wonka
Thanks for the wifi and Bluetooth links as well

#7802 7 months ago

I have Jersey Jacks version because they supplied them with my WW.

I recently bought a CE and didn’t receive these. Was it only for a certain time?

If you are talking about the cabinet side protectors I do not know that answer but I would give Nate a call at JJP to see if he can send you a pair.
I can't imagine they only sent some to CE owners and not all.
r/
Mike

#7803 7 months ago
Quoted from jguzik420:

So you're saying now would be a good time to come put high score on your wonka

You'll have to beat the scores that were in there.

Quoted from jguzik420:

Thanks for the wifi and Bluetooth links as well

My pleasure.

#7804 7 months ago

When I press the left flipper button the bottom left flipper won’t reset down all the way immediately. If the ball comes back quickly it will push the flipper back down. Any suggestions on what to do?

#7805 7 months ago

So, any Texas WW owners see the new Texas Lottery scratch off? It’s a $5 Willy Wonka Golden Ticket game! Guess I’ll be looking tomorrow!

F00910B0-CFF1-4185-84E4-C207DD6ED0CD (resized).png
#7806 7 months ago
Quoted from estrader:

Any suggestions on what to do?

Fix it. Loose coil stop ? Something binding ? Broken return spring ?

#7807 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Fix it. Loose coil stop ? Something binding ? Broken return spring ?

Return spring is good and it moves freely by hand so guessing it’s not binding. If it’s a loose coil stop do I tighten the nut on the right side?

#7808 7 months ago
Quoted from estrader:

If it’s a loose coil stop do I tighten the nut on the right side?

Please watch this video. It may help you. And help identify parts. Pawl holds flipper shaft, coil stop holds coil on.

#7809 7 months ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

As I look at it I see a couple choices. No way it's gonna hold if it's been in the air any length of time. The balls has hit it, it's now compromised and dirty quite possibly.
Spray adhesive is messy and no way I'm doing that unless I've got it (the mechanism)out of the game and can somehow isolate it without getting it on any other part of the plastic secret machine thingy. Highly unlikely.
Full mylar or clear tape trying to cover the whole thing completely might create even more problems and if you just do that small portion then it may not look like you want it to aesthetically. There isn't enough space for a full cover to adhere to on the mech for any length of time.
Maybe 3m Edge Sealing tape could work but the expense compared to a new sticker is probably more expensive if you don't happen to have it lying around.
I'm ordering a new sticker from JJP and in the meantime taking a razor blade and cutting it just beyond the last part of the lift(meaning cutting just behind it where it is still stuck permanently to the plastic secret machine plastic). Then cleaning the adhesive left behind in that little triangle space, first by taking strong tape and applying it sticky side down and lifting to see if I can pull the adhesive off clean, and then maybe a little dawn and water on a rag until it's finally clean so I can go back to playing without worrying about adhesive getting anywhere it shouldn't.
Once sticker gets delivered, I'm pulling the mech secret machine circle portion from the playfield and removing the remaining sticker with warm air and then cleaning it with the same method with dish detergent and a rag until it's spotless. A quick cleaning with alcohol to prep the surface and applying the new sticker. Just use the day as a minor shop day and clean everything else and wax the playfield, tighten screws, in tandem with the sticker install.
There's nothing worse to me than continuously trying to restick a sticker just to watch it lift up time and time again.
Sorry I didn't just say all this yesterday but I wasn't 100% sure what you were referring too. This probably wasn't the answer you were looking for.
I think this is the decal part number. Call Nate at JJP and make sure. He's extremely helpful. (630) 830-5225.
WW Gobble Hole Decal. 62-100010-00. Part of Assy. 51-100010-00. Drawing C-34 Item 13 in the photo is what I believe to be the sticker we're looking for.
Sorry I wasn't more helpful.
r/
Mike

Mike thanks so much this is exactly what I needed to hear! I really appreciate the time and thought you put into your response. I enjoy doing things the right way.

John

#7810 7 months ago
Quoted from Shredso:

New code. Haven't installed yet.[quoted image]

Nice! Longer ball save times and “various other improvements and fixes.” Time to backup my scores and update the Wonka!

#7811 7 months ago

Figment Did you check inside your CE pin for the blades? That's where mine were.

#7812 7 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Nice! Longer ball save times and “various other improvements and fixes.” Time to backup my scores and update the Wonka!

There is a setting to back up the scores!? Rats! Just wiped mine with the update.....

#7813 7 months ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

There is a setting to back up the scores!? Rats! Just wiped mine with the update.....

It should have left your settings.

There are times things don't work.

Force of habit. When I update any JJP game, I always back up my settings. Just in case.

#7814 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

It should have left your settings.
There are times things don't work.
Force of habit. When I update any JJP game, I always back up my settings. Just in case.

It did wipe my high scores and settings. Also, it now seems I cannot award an extra ball at 1 million points. First level will only go up to 250k. Am I missing something?

#7815 7 months ago

Curious to see what others got inside of their collectors edition when I got mine nothing was inside had to get a hold of them to send me out the coin box and power cord and everything else I don’t know if they quite sent me everything that everyone else got inside of theirs definitely did not get no side protectors for the art blades also has anyone else having issues with chipping around the slingshots

#7816 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Curious to see what others got inside of their collectors edition when I got mine nothing was inside had to get a hold of them to send me out the coin box and power cord and everything else I don’t know if they quite sent me everything that everyone else got inside of theirs definitely did not get no side protectors for the art blades also has anyone else having issues with chipping around the slingshots

Doesn't your CE have the clear washers on the slingshots?

#7817 7 months ago

No it did not

#7818 7 months ago

Anyone else having issues downloading the new update?

#7819 7 months ago

Yes tried last night but it would not download it all was going to try again today

#7820 7 months ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

FIGMENT Did you check inside your CE pin for the blades? That's where mine were.

I’m guessing they’d be easy to spot. This is my first NIB, and only second machine - although I sold my first for this one. I didnt see them in the cabinet, under the playfield.

#7821 7 months ago

Sorry I got my threads mixed up. Clear washers are on GNR CE not Wonka CE.

#7822 7 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I remember a while back someone went with the felt tape and then found out how messy that can become. Heads up with that....

I tried using the tape and it was a disaster. The clearance was so tight it pulled the tape off in spots and smeared thick glue all over the mirror blades every time I raised the playfield. I decided to remove it and just try being more careful each time. Fortunately, the blades I have can just be buffed out if there is a scratch. Way better than hard to clean gunk getting everywhere.

#7823 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

First time I've heard of a CE having the pooling/ chipping issues.

#7824 7 months ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

First time I've heard of a CE having the pooling/ chipping issues.

I didnt see in his comment that he had any play field issues.

#7825 7 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I didnt see in his comment that he had any play field issues.

Right at the end of his post?

Quoted from Pinman502:

also has anyone else having issues with chipping around the slingshots

#7826 7 months ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That sucks big time... But interesting as I always wondered when I would see a post about this.

Is there a way to protect that sticker?

#7827 7 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

That sucks big time... But interesting as I always wondered when I would see a post about this.
Is there a way to protect that sticker?

Really weird as we have 8000+ plays and the sticker looks good.

#7828 7 months ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

It did wipe my high scores and settings. Also, it now seems I cannot award an extra ball at 1 million points. First level will only go up to 250k. Am I missing something?

Stop cheating

#7829 7 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Really weird as we have 8000+ plays and the sticker looks good.

Wow, that is a ton of plays!

I have always wondered about that sticker as it takes so much abuse in that area... Surprised this is the first time we have seen it.

#7830 7 months ago
Quoted from Figment:

So, any Texas WW owners see the new Texas Lottery scratch off? It’s a $5 Willy Wonka Golden Ticket game! Guess I’ll be looking tomorrow![quoted image]

The lottery is a tax for people bad at math.

#7831 7 months ago

So, aside from the new code update doing wifi and bluetooth, what game changes were made?

#7832 7 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

So, aside from the new code update doing wifi and bluetooth, what game changes were made?

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/wonka_changelog.txt

#7834 7 months ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I tried using the tape and it was a disaster. The clearance was so tight it pulled the tape off in spots and smeared thick glue all over the mirror blades every time I raised the playfield. I decided to remove it and just try being more careful each time. Fortunately, the blades I have can just be buffed out if there is a scratch. Way better than hard to clean gunk getting everywhere.

Yeesh that sounds terrible! Curious since I'm already "all in" on the felt tape method for blade protection, did you experience issues immediately or was it down the road as the adhesive lost grip? So far has worked amazingly well for me, but I'm only a month in and a few dozen lifts of the playfield. I used 3/4" tape and although I used it everywhere, I put in a little overlap on the areas I could see would most likely bind when lowering the PF.

#7835 7 months ago

My Youtube algorithm found this for me: A guy using a super (duper) slo-mo camera to record the action of his pinball machine. His JJP Wonka pinball machine! Some good video in there!

#7836 7 months ago
Quoted from Ocelot:

My Youtube algorithm found this for me: A guy using a super (duper) slo-mo camera to record the action of his pinball machine. His JJP Wonka pinball machine! Some good video in there!

Really great video. Learned a few things along the way. Thanks for sharing!

#7837 7 months ago

The infamous ball trough error.

IMG_20200719_155029_01 (resized).jpg
#7838 7 months ago

Sorry if I missed this but are there instructions on how to add the WiFi and Bluetooth adapters to the game? I got the hardware that is recommended but not sure how to install into the game and activate. Thanks.

#7839 7 months ago
Quoted from robey99:

Sorry if I missed this but are there instructions on how to add the WiFi and Bluetooth adapters to the game? I got the hardware that is recommended but not sure how to install into the game and activate. Thanks.

I didn't find any open USB ports on my motherboard. So I go a USB hub ( has four USB ports ) plugged it into the cable by the cashbox. Plugged the two dongles into it.

Works great. And still has a couple open USB ports in case I want to plug a USB stick into the cable for updates or for images.

#7840 7 months ago

Upgraded our CE to 1.34. I'm glad I listened to LTG advice and made a backup of settings before hand. Installed wiped the settings and scores. It would have been a rough weekend if my wife's grand champion score had gotten wiped out. Restore worked perfect.

#7841 7 months ago
Quoted from chillme:

Upgraded our CE to 1.34. I'm glad I listened to ltg advice and made a backup of settings before hand. Installed wiped the settings and scores. It would have been a rough weekend if my wife's grand champion score had gotten wiped out. Restore worked perfect.

Good idea!

#7842 7 months ago
Quoted from chillme:

Upgraded our CE to 1.34. I'm glad I listened to ltg advice and made a backup of settings before hand. Installed wiped the settings and scores. It would have been a rough weekend if my wife's grand champion score had gotten wiped out. Restore worked perfect.

I had about 10 rough days after nuking my wife's GNR GC. That really sucked until she beat it again.

#7843 7 months ago

Wish it had been posted sooner last night - lost all our scores. First JJP had no idea on backing up settings. Live and you learn I guess

Quoted from chillme:

#7844 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please watch this video. It may help you. And help identify parts. Pawl holds flipper shaft, coil stop holds coil on.

the rod going into the coil doesnt come back out smooth. could it be possible the game shipped with a bad coil which would cause the issue? ive played maybe 10 games testing to see if its fixed but the flipper didnt work out of the box.

#7845 7 months ago
Quoted from estrader:

the rod going into the coil doesnt come back out smooth. could it be possible the game shipped with a bad coil which would cause the issue?

No.

Most likely - loose coil stop. No up and down play on the flipper bat ( not back and forth ). Or the plunger/plastic link/pawl doesn't move freely. Missing coil sleeve ?

Take it apart and figure out the problem and fix it.

#7846 7 months ago
Quoted from chillme:

How does settings backup work?

I’ve downloaded the new update to a thumb drive and want to back up my high scores before I install the update.

When I go into “settings backup” do I need a fresh thumb drive in the usb slot to backup setting to or does it use internal memory?

#7847 7 months ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

When I go into “settings backup” do I need a fresh thumb drive in the usb slot to backup setting to or does it use internal memory?

Fresh USB stick, nothing else on it.

With game turned on plug it into the USB cable by the cashbox. Go to Utilities - Settings Back up - do what the screen says. When done exit out and remove the USB stick.

To restore stick the USB stick in the cable. Go to Utilities - Settings back up only this time do Settings Restore - do what the screen says. When done exit out and remove the USB stick.

If all else fails read the manual. Pages B-54, B-53, and B-54. Manual is in the game or you can download it from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Willy Wonka.

#7848 7 months ago

Having a problem with code update. Followed all instructions for a Full Install and used unetbootin on a clean USB drive. Getting the error code below. Any support appreciated!

WW code problem (resized).jpg
#7849 7 months ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Any support appreciated!

Looks like a bad download. I'd start over. If you used the USA mirror, try the EU mirror.

#7850 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.
Most likely - loose coil stop. No up and down play on the flipper bat ( not back and forth ). Or the plunger/plastic link/pawl doesn't move freely. Missing coil sleeve ?
Take it apart and figure out the problem and fix it.

Took coil sleeve out, put it back in and all of a sudden it worked. Appreciate the help LTG!!!

There are 9779 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 196.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside