IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 280.
#7751 3 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

I have two playfield related questions and gladly expose my lack of knowledge on the topic ... what say you wise experts?
Q1. These machines come with two half-circle Mylar clear protectors in the cash box. What are you guys doing with those (if anything)? My machine will realistically get 500 plays per year tops, and while I plan on owning it for good, I don't know if it is necessary or helpful to install these. Are they intended to go in front of the slingshots, and should I install them? Funny that some parts of the playfield have protectors, others don't (ex: outlane switches are bare, inlane switches protectors).
Q2. Especially when "booting up" my machine when ONLY the backglass is lit, I see a bunch of tiny pock marks or indentations in the reflection on the playfield. None of these seems to impact play nor can I feel them, but just wondering if this is common and considered normal wear (seems to be on other machines, but with how new my machine is I'm surprised to see these). In the photo you can barely see a few of these marks (they are probably 2mm wide, TINY). Playfield probably has a couple of hundred of these marks / "dents" total.
[quoted image]

I thought the half circles were to be placed in front of the slingshots.. I havent felt a need to put them on but..

#7752 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I remember a while back someone went with the felt tape and then found out how messy that can become. Heads up with that....

Yes, I tried felt a ways back and it wouldn’t stay stuck. So not a long term fix, at least for me.

I’m not very worried about this though. I’ve never used art blades, so maybe they’re more sensitive to damage. And with mirror blades, I don’t really care if they get a little scratched. Is what it is.

#7753 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Playing my 3rd game this screw fell out on the playfield.

The diverter on the wireform on the left. Looks like a screw that holds the coil on.

LTG : )

#7754 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I remember a while back someone went with the felt tape and then found out how messy that can become. Heads up with that....

I'll be on the lookout for that; I can see that over time that could be an issue if the adhesive stops working on the back of the tape or if something catches and pulls it off (mine so far is smooth as butter, we'll see how it holds up).

#7755 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Playing my 3rd game this screw fell out on the playfield.
I am assuming it is from an electrical connection in the factory. I turn of the game asap and before I tear into thought maybe a Willy Wizard knows right where it goes.
Thanks in advance for the help.
[quoted image]

I also have a CE and just looked at the playfield up and down. I cannot see one brass screw in sight. Maybe it's the brass screw off the self oiler/lubricator on the air tool they use at the factory to install everything or off a tool itself.
Just tossing some other ideas out there.
I'm sure you're looking at everything closely but if it fell on to the playfield, and it does somehow belong to this game, you should be able to see a hole after a thorough search.
Keep us posted.
r/
Mike

#7756 3 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

I'll be on the lookout for that; I can see that over time that could be an issue if the adhesive stops working on the back of the tape or if something catches and pulls it off (mine so far is smooth as butter, we'll see how it holds up).

Yea, I believe what happened is the felt began to lift up, and the glue was making a mess of everything.

#7757 3 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

I agree with Rager170 on this. I have the Pinball Universe blade protectors and they work great on my Stern and JJP machines. As others have pointed out, Wonka is definitely a tight squeeze though! I have to pull on the left ramp a bit to get the protector down in there, but it works just fine (I have PinGraffix art blades on as well). 1 set can be used for multiple machines, takes a second to put on before lifting the playfield, they are pretty cheap, and safer than the potential mess of felt tape...an all around great product imo. Just my $.02

#7758 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The diverter on the wireform on the left. Looks like a screw that holds the coil on.

Aaah of course what LTG said! 100% confirmed on my machine, just look underneath the diverter ("butter box"), that's where the brass screw is. Mine has the Mod Couple "factory" mod to sit over the factory "butter box" cover that ... err, comes from the factory ... ANYWAY, that appears to be the spot.

IMG_3240 (resized).JPGIMG_3240 (resized).JPGIMG_3241 (resized).JPGIMG_3241 (resized).JPG
#7759 3 years ago

Lloyd wins this search game a lot!

Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Aaah of course what LTG said! 100% confirmed on my machine, just look underneath the diverter ("butter box"), that's where the brass screw is. Mine has the Mod Couple "factory" mod to sit over the factory "butter box" cover that ... err, comes from the factory ... ANYWAY, that appears to be the spot.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#7760 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yep that is it, man that far left screw and bolt are fun to take off. Put my 5/16" light wrench on a stiff wire used as a long finger, I bet I put it together 4 times til I finally got it right.

Thanks so much for all the help guys.

#7761 3 years ago

Anyone else having the sticker on right below the gobstopper target pulling up?

What is the best way to glue down a loose sticker corner that is popping up?

Man I love this game!

#7762 3 years ago

I keep seeing posts on Pinside and other sites accusing us of rating our Wonkas unrealistically high so that the price would bubble and we could all sell our games for a nice profit. Guys. We need to stop trying to flip our games! Let’s just be truthful about how terrible Wonka really is and about how we never intended to keep this game!

On a more serious note, I’m finally getting the hang of Kid Multiball. It’s about time! These Golden Tickets ain’t easy to come by!

#7763 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Anyone else having the sticker on right below the gobstopper target pulling up?
What is the best way to glue down a loose sticker corner that is popping up?
Man I love this game!

Are you talking about the sticker on the secret machine big round circle? Do you have any pictures so we can get a better look?
My approach will vary depending on what I'm looking at. Ideas range from heat, e6000, decal adhesive, spray adhesive, 2 way tape, mylar over the whole thing, a razor blade or a new sticker altogether.
I would offer my approach if I could see the situation.
r/
Mike

#7764 3 years ago

Received number 98 collectors edition two weeks ago other than a few shipping issues with damaged art blades and a couple of scratches on lockdown bar and side rail Which JJP sent me replacements out for within a short period of time personally I made my decision to purchase after the straight down the middle review I have not regretted it since probably one of the best layouts I have played

2BFE1D17-A69C-4AD3-8917-A33BC4D8B2DF (resized).jpeg2BFE1D17-A69C-4AD3-8917-A33BC4D8B2DF (resized).jpeg
#7765 3 years ago

It’s funny looks like the CE all of a sudden got 20 more ratings to drop it from #1 and at same time the GnR ratings got inflated.

Pinside is an interesting place

Quoted from Camvr2013:

I keep seeing posts on Pinside and other sites accusing us of rating our Wonkas unrealistically high so that the price would bubble and we could all sell our games for a nice profit. Guys. We need to stop trying to flip our games! Let’s just be truthful about how terrible Wonka really is and about how we never intended to keep this game!
On a more serious note, I’m finally getting the hang of Kid Multiball. It’s about time! These Golden Tickets ain’t easy to come by!

#7766 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

It’s funny looks like the CE all of a sudden got 20 more ratings to drop it from #1 and at same time the GnR ratings got inflated.
Pinside is an interesting place

Yep total bs and happens a lot. Wonka and di are much better players than g @r imo. Now a bunch of people will go give g@r a bunch of shit ratings lol... dont take the ratings to seriously... some people really do tho lol...

#7767 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep total bs and happens a lot. Wonka and di are much better players than g @r imo. Now a bunch of people will go give g@r a bunch of shit ratings lol... dont take the ratings to seriously... some people really do tho lol...

Is this really that big of a deal?? Do those rating drive the pinball value? I always thought it was supply and demand. When I bought my TOTAN, it was in the top 5-10, and has since slipped way down the list with all the new machines being made. I know for a fact that it is still holding its value, maybe even higher.

#7768 3 years ago

I agree the whole thing is silly. But it seems to be that big of a deal to some people that they go and flag a bunch of honest reviews. Instead of wasting time flagging reviews how about go play some pinball.

One thing I will say is that I do think newcomers rely on this heavily in their decision for purchasing. Same as the average price that is displayed.

Quoted from Seatmandan:

Is this really that big of a deal?? Do those rating drive the pinball value? I always thought it was supply and demand. When I bought my TOTAN, it was in the top 5-10, and has since slipped way down the list with all the new machines being made. I know for a fact that it is still holding its value, maybe even higher.

#7769 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Instead of wasting time flagging reviews how about go play some pinball.

Play? Is that a thing?

I thought the deal was, buy the machine, brag about it a while, then sell with < 150 plays.

#7770 3 years ago

You are mostly right - you forgot spend more time on Pinside than playing your games and racking up 1000s of posts.

Quoted from zaphX:

Play? Is that a thing?
I thought the deal was, buy the machine, brag about it a while, then sell with < 150 plays.

#7771 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

It was an IRL race, first (of many) really close finishes on super speedway.

I'm not even a race fan but i was on the edge of my seat - awesome! Thanks for sharing!!!!!

#7772 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Are you talking about the sticker on the secret machine big round circle? Do you have any pictures so we can get a better look?
My approach will vary depending on what I'm looking at. Ideas range from heat, e6000, decal adhesive, spray adhesive, 2 way tape, mylar over the whole thing, a razor blade or a new sticker altogether.
I would offer my approach if I could see the situation.
r/
Mike

0682AACA-3B54-48F2-90FD-DB641622C175 (resized).jpeg0682AACA-3B54-48F2-90FD-DB641622C175 (resized).jpeg48861F8F-ACF8-4256-91FF-CFDBEAC040FE (resized).jpeg48861F8F-ACF8-4256-91FF-CFDBEAC040FE (resized).jpeg
#7773 3 years ago

New code. Haven't installed yet.

wonka (resized).jpgwonka (resized).jpg
#7774 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

New code. Haven't installed yet.

I did.

#7775 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

As I look at it I see a couple choices. No way it's gonna hold if it's been in the air any length of time. The balls has hit it, it's now compromised and dirty quite possibly.
Spray adhesive is messy and no way I'm doing that unless I've got it (the mechanism)out of the game and can somehow isolate it without getting it on any other part of the plastic secret machine thingy. Highly unlikely.
Full mylar or clear tape trying to cover the whole thing completely might create even more problems and if you just do that small portion then it may not look like you want it to aesthetically. There isn't enough space for a full cover to adhere to on the mech for any length of time.
Maybe 3m Edge Sealing tape could work but the expense compared to a new sticker is probably more expensive if you don't happen to have it lying around.

I'm ordering a new sticker from JJP and in the meantime taking a razor blade and cutting it just beyond the last part of the lift(meaning cutting just behind it where it is still stuck permanently to the plastic secret machine plastic). Then cleaning the adhesive left behind in that little triangle space, first by taking strong tape and applying it sticky side down and lifting to see if I can pull the adhesive off clean, and then maybe a little dawn and water on a rag until it's finally clean so I can go back to playing without worrying about adhesive getting anywhere it shouldn't.
Once sticker gets delivered, I'm pulling the mech secret machine circle portion from the playfield and removing the remaining sticker with warm air and then cleaning it with the same method with dish detergent and a rag until it's spotless. A quick cleaning with alcohol to prep the surface and applying the new sticker. Just use the day as a minor shop day and clean everything else and wax the playfield, tighten screws, in tandem with the sticker install.
There's nothing worse to me than continuously trying to restick a sticker just to watch it lift up time and time again.
Sorry I didn't just say all this yesterday but I wasn't 100% sure what you were referring too. This probably wasn't the answer you were looking for.

I think this is the decal part number. Call Nate at JJP and make sure. He's extremely helpful. (630) 830-5225.
WW Gobble Hole Decal. 62-100010-00. Part of Assy. 51-100010-00. Drawing C-34 Item 13 in the photo is what I believe to be the sticker we're looking for.
Sorry I wasn't more helpful.
r/
Mike

#7776 3 years ago

Just replace the sticker easy to do. I replaced mine because it wasn't centered. JJP sent me a new one.

#7777 3 years ago

OK, new code installed. Everything went smooth, I'm online and connected to Scorbit. I haven't tried the Bluetooth. I pulled the Wifi adapter out of my GnR for testing. It's a TP Link Nano. I just bought a couple assuming Dialed In will follow. Here is an Amazon link, it's cheaper on Newegg but I wanted it tomorrow.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Mini-Wireless-Supports-10-9-10-14/dp/B07PB1X4CN/ref=sr_1_5

#7778 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I haven't tried the Bluetooth.

You need a Bluetooth dongle too. Plug it into the spare port on the motherboard.

#7779 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Get some 3M 467MP. Cut to fit. Problem solved.

They have narrow rolls on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/3M-Adhesive-Transfer-467MP-Multiple/dp/B007Y7CQ1S

This stuff paired with mylar is great for making your own replacement target stickers, and re-applying under ramp stickers, etc (though you probably want the wide roll for that).

Wide roll version:
https://www.amazon.com/467MP-Clear-Adhesive-Transfer-length/dp/B007Y7CT3S

#7780 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You need a Bluetooth dongle too. Plug it into the spare port on the motherboard.

What is the Bluetooth for? Connecting to headphones?

#7781 3 years ago

Any gameplay changes in this code update?

#7782 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

What is the Bluetooth for? Connecting to headphones?

Yes.

#7784 3 years ago

This has probably been asked and answered a million times already, but if I’m running a code that’s a few updates behind, should I just do the full install of the newest code?

Thanks in advance!

#7785 3 years ago
Quoted from pinpin8990:

This has probably been asked and answered a million times already, but if I’m running a code that’s a few updates behind, should I just do the full install of the newest code?
Thanks in advance!

This is a full install only.

#7786 3 years ago

JJP suggested WiFi and Bluetooth dongles?

Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

#7787 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Well, Lloyd said I needed to put in the Bluetooth dongle so I did. I had 2 generic older ones lying around, neither worked. I pulled the Dialed In bluetooth dongle and got some headphones to work. Same results as my GnR, one headset paired easily another did not. The dongle brand is Rocketek. I couldn't find a model number.

#7789 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

This is a full install only.

Okay. So just download the newest code and install it? That’s all?

#7790 3 years ago
Quoted from pinpin8990:

So just download the newest code and install it? That’s all?

Directions are on the website for a Full Install where you download the update from. Follow them carefully. USB stick 8GB to 16GB.

#7791 3 years ago

So wonka you can just use the WiFi to update it on the game?

#7792 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Once you install V.134 . That you have to install the old fashioned way.

JJP is working on this for every JJP pin.

#7793 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Quoted from LTG:

Once you install V.134 . That you have to install the old fashioned way.

And put a WiFi dongle in it.

#7794 3 years ago

scorbit_wonka_16x9 (resized).pngscorbit_wonka_16x9 (resized).png

***Scorbit Is Now Available on Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory from Jersey Jack Pinball!***

Jersey Jack Pinball and Scorbit are at it again! After the amazing response to Scorbit being available on Guns N’ Roses from Jersey Jack Pinball, we got hard to work to bring Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory to the Scorbit platform. With the release of the latest code update for Wonka, version 1.34 brings WiFi capability to the machines and with that, owners of machines can connect to Scorbit!

Connecting to Scorbit is easy! With new version 1.0.22 of the app, once a game is connected to WiFi, all you need to do is scan the QR code from the Scorbit menu. You can scan it with the app, from outside the app, whatever you like. If you don't have the app, it will install it. If you do, you can scan it anywhere. If you're an advanced user, you can use the traditional method and choose Activate Scorbit from the Edit Machine options.

If you like a little more detail, you can follow the few steps needed to connect as outlined in the Scorbit Knowledge Base.

Once you’ve got your machine connected to Scorbit, it’s now connected to the universe of pinball on the Scorbit platform. That means you can submit your scores to keep track of your personal bests and brag to your followers. You can challenge your friends to beat your scores and best of all, you can use ScorbitVision to create leaderboards of your game to use on livestreams or on displays in your game room. Just go to sv.scorbit.io and log in with your Scorbit username and password to get started!

Note that along with the connection, there are settings to add or remove the QR graphic that appears during attract or prior to launching the first ball on the game. This QR graphic is used to give you Scorbit status, automatically connect the app to the game session where you can claim your player slots, watch it live, or submit your scores to the leaderboard. You can also print out the QR code for placing on scorecards or your lockdown bar, and remove the graphic from the screen using the game menu options. We have found that for multi-players, it really helps get people connected and claiming scores.

Now that Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is online with Scorbit, you can see the Global Leaderboard for all scores on Wonka on Scorbit. Check out the Wonka CE/LE Leaderboard and the Wonka Regular Edition Leaderboard.

Make sure you install the Scorbit app to make this all happen! Download it today from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.

We can’t wait to see all your scores come up on Scorbit as you play Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory/Thanks to our pals at Jersey Jack Pinball for making the connected pinball magic happen again!

#7795 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I did.

Thank you for addressing the Oompa Loompa Odyssey camera issue!

#7796 3 years ago

I’m not sure what to make of the “random ticket” change. Does this mean you could light Wonkas Office instead of OOO after the first ticket?

Some welcome changes here, but an underwhelming update in my opinion. The game could benefit from a lot of polish, and it doesn’t look like we got much.

#7797 3 years ago

I have Jersey Jacks version because they supplied them with my WW.

I recently bought a CE and didn’t receive these. Was it only for a certain time?

#7799 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

so do I do the full install to 1.34

Yes.

Quoted from estrader:

then update to 1.5?

No. 1.5 isn't available. No idea where you got it.

#7800 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

No. 1.5 isn't available. No idea where you got it.

Thanks for the quick response. 1.5 was the manual. Working my way through the iso writing now. Appreciate the help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,600 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/156 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.